QQ Change back the auto-path

Options
babybattersplater
babybattersplater Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Suggestion Box
Plz change the autopathing back to the way it was. I cant auto path to my bh instances now. Alot of the things in dungens dont autp path nemore becuse " Target in another zone" Plz change it back
Post edited by babybattersplater on

Comments

• Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...Really? Here's a tip for you: Stop being lazy and just alt click on the map if you want to autopath. The thing has spoiled too many...

Altertnatively you can either go manually yourself or you could use the Illusion Stone for easier access.b:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yukkuri , you're a moron.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

No you are, cough up the 5-10k to tele into the instance (or 30k if it happens to be 99) or stack bh w/e, so Aquagirl, you're a moron
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No you are, cough up the 5-10k to tele into the instance (or 30k if it happens to be 99) or stack bh w/e, so Aquagirl, you're a moron

Pure loveb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Please explain.
    -_-
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I did not have the chance to use this after the newest patch, so I'd appreciate some more details. Did the OP mean that when he gets a quest (say fb) it does not auto path him to the entrance??? Clarifying this would mean a lot.

IF this is the case, then indeed it is dumb. If I get a quest that is in a dungeon and it does not auto path AT ALL, then chances are I will have no clue which direction I need to go to. Then, I'd have to ask people in order to find out who knows it.

Hope this is not the case.... IF it is.... YES, please fix it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1 . . 2 . . 3 . . Get Ready . . FIGHT !!

People can be too excited and following the mainstream without thinking much . . b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I did not have the chance to use this after the newest patch, so I'd appreciate some more details. Did the OP mean that when he gets a quest (say fb) it does not auto path him to the entrance??? Clarifying this would mean a lot.

IF this is the case, then indeed it is dumb. If I get a quest that is in a dungeon and it does not auto path AT ALL, then chances are I will have no clue which direction I need to go to. Then, I'd have to ask people in order to find out who knows it.

Hope this is not the case.... IF it is.... YES, please fix it back.

How hard is it to read the quest and look on the map though? Not at all. It's what we did back in the old days before auto-path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    God forbid that you gotta spend five more seconds of your life opening your map and alt+clicking where you want to go.
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The problem with people these days is that they have no real clue just where their quests will lead them because they didn't bother to pay attention.

When I was your level on my first char, we didn't have the ease of autopathing to the green name, in the quest log. I won't claim to know the world like the back of my hand, but I at least know where I have to go to all of the instances, Secret Passage, Nightscream Island, the Cave of Sadistic Glee, and Heaven and Hell.

If you find yourself lost, ask for directions or do what I had to do and look it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How hard is it to read the quest and look on the map though? Not at all. It's what we did back in the old days before auto-path.

^ There's only so many instances on the World Map...If you can't take the time to actually figure out where you're going yourself or ask someone, then wow. Laziness has moved onto a whole new level.

I've never used the auto-pathing to go to an instance, lol. Just alt-click for me.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Oh hi some alt, compliment recieved. b:thanks
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lazy is as lazy does.

Pretty much the new batch of PWI players.

I personally never used auto-path. Alt-Click to destination has always been easier to control exactly where i want to go.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please fix the GPS in Heaven/Hell and give OHT a proper world map to use alt+click on QQ
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please give us Auto-Quest so I can just sit back and allow my character to quest on Auto-pilot. b:surrender
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Guess what?! I started playing BEFORE the "green text" was implemented. Yes, I use M + alt click to go to my bhs. It is more accurate like some people already mentioned.

HOWEVER, the green text came to PWI at some point making the lives of PWI chars a whole lot easier. Laziness aside, some places are harder than others to figure out. Personally, I had to ask a friend where Abaddon (fb89) was, because I LOOKED, but couldn't find it. Oh well... my screen cuts the top part of the map above 1k and Ether off. It can be a pain in the **** for some people 9depending on the size of the screen as well as psychological problems LOL). I'm guessing no auto pathing can be a problem for people who get their first quests in OHT....

Back in the day we didn't have auto pathing (I played then as well) and we lived. Now we have green text that's supposed to help us. It did its job well and EVERYBODY was uber happy when it came out. If it was working properly, why not 'fix' it if something got broken in the process of patches????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Guess what?! I started playing BEFORE the "green text" was implemented. Yes, I use M + alt click to go to my bhs. It is more accurate like some people already mentioned.

HOWEVER, the green text came to PWI at some point making the lives of PWI chars a whole lot easier. Laziness aside, some places are harder than others to figure out. Personally, I had to ask a friend where Abaddon (fb89) was, because I LOOKED, but couldn't find it. Oh well... my screen cuts the top part of the map above 1k and Ether off. It can be a pain in the **** for some people 9depending on the size of the screen as well as psychological problems LOL). I'm guessing no auto pathing can be a problem for people who get their first quests in OHT....

Back in the day we didn't have auto pathing (I played then as well) and we lived. Now we have green text that's supposed to help us. It did its job well and EVERYBODY was uber happy when it came out. If it was working properly, why not 'fix' it if something got broken in the process of patches????

Guess what?! I like posting in annoying colors too

HOWEVER, I did not know that abaddon was fb89 and how amazingly difficult it must be to navigate in oht

Back in the day we didn't have auto pathing (I played then as well) and we lived. Now we have people that QQ over something that is trivial because they are to cheap to cough up the illusion stone money
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    does it really matter. lazy bums ...

be happy you still can alt click map and it works outside..
    Now wq was annoying before auto path. got to remember npc's and not afk so long D:
    everything took longer yes, but ppl atleast readed their quests to see where the hell they was actually going.

Cant be serious if ya complain about not being able to auto path in instance. its no problem at all. just read your quest log lmao.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Fistus - Harshlands
    Fistus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I personally never used auto-path. Alt-Click to destination
    I'm going to make fun of all of you collectively. Alt-click is auto-path. That's why the elevation window that says AUTO-PATH on it comes up. Tricky, I know. Some of us played before that ****.

That being said, change it back. It is quite convenient. I've flow the hard way to every instance more times than I can count. I'd just assume be a lazy [censored].
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When I started playing there was no auto pathing and yet everyone was able to find the instance or mobs they needed. New players are too spoiled.
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    Qqarrowqq - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i can't autopath on my BHs anymore, it is NOT FAIR
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When I started playing there was no auto pathing and yet everyone was able to find the instance or mobs they needed. New players are too spoiled.

I know right? I remember when there was no quest finder even. lol People still managed to find most of their quests.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Did they really allow you to auto-path for mobs in an instance??

What were they thinking. b:cry
  • EmpireMind - Harshlands
    EmpireMind - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Played on main since January of last year and I didn't know about autopath or alt+click b:shocked

Damn, I missed out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why are people defending PWE on this? This is something that worked before. They broke it. Period, end of discussion.

Is it a showstopper? No, of course not. Does it seriously ruin gameplay like some of the other things they've broken? No, of course not. But why wasn't it just left alone? Why should something so simple fail when it did work and quite honestly really should work whether or not you think it's important?
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to all of those who say no to every damn little thing ppl post here in forums,

if youre so conservative, that you would play forever in this all **** settings, go die, stop flame ppl about the things they suggest, trying to change the world and making it better b:laugh
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If they are making a legite suggestion than place it in the Suggestions area.

People will get flamed garanteed if they are QQing over something that is not needed and just adds to laziness.

It may have worked but without it many people feel like they are blind mice running around Perfect World.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's not that hard to alt click on the map. You probably already know where certain things are, such as BH bosses. Just alt click there or tele. -___-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Teleport b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh boy we should sure turn on autopath to BH's again.

Else people might just get lost on the way there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]