PET SKILLS on GW

Beyron - Harshlands
Beyron - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
Is there a way to get Protect, Strong and Reflect on my GW !?!?!?!?!?????? how can I find these Scrolls... the Zoologist doesnt have them......
Post edited by Beyron - Harshlands on

Comments

• Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    get them from chests in dragon temple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beyron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    get them from chests in dragon temple

can you plz explain me that a bit... do you know how much can they cost me?.... I have like 6 months without playing so I'm a bit lost....
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dragon Temple is a weekly event involving an underwater PvP enabled area, which alone makes it accesible to mostly high levels. In here you will find a new chests guarded by several high level mobs from which you may obtain these rare scrolls. Given that very few people can access them these skills are not practical to farm and while you may get lucky and maybe get some of this skills for the price of a mount such as Hell Hound, they usually tend to go for well over 10 mil. Some skills, such as Blessing can cost as much as high demand sage/demon skillbooks...

So either you should level up to 90+, gear adequately, skill a plumpfish for PvP and get yourself a good squad so you can farm the instance for some months, or you'll need to grind, merchant and save enough for almost an average endgame weapon. Or you could just fork over a bit over half the cash you would need nowadays to get an herc.

Try looking for pet skills in the AH, you can usually find a couple of the skills for sale in there...
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Those scrolls can go for about 20 mil each actually... If you want them all, you'll end up with paying almost as much than for a herc ! So if you have this kind of monies, just go for the herc, he's really worth the money and can pay for himself later if you plan to farm TTs with him. Also, at the same lvl, a herc will always have more hp then a GW, like 1k more. So, to me, buying all these scrolls for a GW is a big waste, unless you can go farm them yourself in the Dragon Temple. This way you would have a decent boss tanker for free. (but GL with that...)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cat shops, Auctioneer, World Chat. If you don't know Dragon Temple: chances are you'll not get them there.

All those skills would be a waste on a Walker. It's never going to be a Herc even if you spend as much as a Herc costs on it. It's slow, and it majorly obstructs targeting. My Herc is Lv. 101 and it struggles on some bosses that I routinely use it on. When you get the dailies in the OHT maps: your Walker will probably be useless on the bosses (Soloing) yet a Ranged Pet could do the job.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Beyron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    how the hell I'm supose to get the pets to my lvl??????........ right now I made the math and for the sawfly I need to kill like 3300 mobs in order to get it to where I'm now............. you know how long that's gonna take!!!!..... even if you kill 100 per day it will take 1 month and thats if you dont lvl because every lvl adds like 200 mobs more..... :'( I fking hate this..... I have all my clothes for my lvl, all my clothes has 3 flawless shards so Im pretty decent for my lvl....but my pets wich I think are 50 % of my power or atleast they can be..... its imposible to lvl them out atleast the sawfly I know that GW or herc I can do Cube of Faith for that room # 4..... I cant believe that there isnt any Item or something that I can buy and lvl them up like the way you do with genies for example.....
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    how the hell I'm supose to get the pets to my lvl??????........ right now I made the math and for the sawfly I need to kill like 3300 mobs in order to get it to where I'm now............. you know how long that's gonna take!!!!..... even if you kill 100 per day it will take 1 month and thats if you dont lvl because every lvl adds like 200 mobs more..... :'( I fking hate this..... I have all my clothes for my lvl, all my clothes has 3 flawless shards so Im pretty decent for my lvl....but my pets wich I think are 50 % of my power or atleast they can be..... its imposible to lvl them out atleast the sawfly I know that GW or herc I can do Cube of Faith for that room # 4..... I cant believe that there isnt any Item or something that I can buy and lvl them up like the way you do with genies for example.....

lol, what's that about a day of grinding? b:laugh
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010

If killing 100 mobs a day seems too much maybe you should reconsider playing MMOs... At any rate veno may not be the right class. You can level air pets almost as effectively as land pets on the cube killing Staunch Worms, which are located in one of the TB islands. And the reason your pets are as underleveled as you describe them is you've probably relied too much on BH for leveling. Since at 8x you'll also need to cover wine fees to continue doing BH you may have to start grinding for coin which should provide ample oportunity to level your pets. If you'll mostly be relying on zen you may want to consider paying another veno to level your pets for you...

Yea, we are all well aware how much effort it requires to keep pets at our level, after all these are the veno forums... May i recommed from now on you work on not letting your pets unleveled that far behind you. After all, you won't be relying on all your 3 flawless sharded gear half as much as you will on them.

And if money is no object to you just geat a freaking herc, posters who have pointed out no other land pet will ever be as good are absolutely right, and if you can't be bothered leveling pets it may just be the only thing that may save you from being a fail player.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Those scrolls can go for about 20 mil each

I actually saw a protect scroll in a catshop for 10m today. Surprised, but even so a GW with herc buffs still cant compare to a real herc.
    >.<
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Go grind and stop using BH, you're even still in the level range where grinding provides tangible rewards besides simply teaching you how to play which you could probably stand to do anyways. Provided you're a build that does what a veno is supposed to do (kill stuff quickly) you should be able to kill 3 mobs a minute with no problem. At that rate you need 1100 minutes to get the pet up to your level, which is 18 hours 20 minutes.

Go kill Evolved Serpent Soulchasers for punish the evil quests (from envoy of justice), and when you can get them kill orchid petalis with punish the evil+wanted 34+one man army. While getting those 3300 mobs you'll also get 1,194,600 exp from mobs, ~1,498,200 coin, and around 200 rep (more if you run a lot of wanted 34's). Going by your other posts I'm guessing you don't have 5k rep yet which means you don't have the robe, which you really should if you're arcane. Think of that 200 rep as your first step in fixing that problem.

At 3300 mobs with you currently being 74 that's 49500 exp. Since a level 74 pet needs 74050 cumulative exp to be max in 74 that would mean your pet is currently level 48 assuming I didn't **** up making the exp table. I don't say this to flame you, but congratulations, you are a bad veno, a very bad veno infact. You say you could do room 4 of cube? Yes you could, but you personally shouldn't.

You really aren't going to find a lot of sympathy from other venos here. You're complaining about keeping one pet at your level when you should really be keeping an air pet, range tank, puller (can be range tank provided it's a marksman), tank, and dd pet leveled up. And that's something you should be doing easily. Oh, and if you think it's bad now... at level 100 pets take 100,000 exp per level and it gets worse after that (that's 6667 kills per pet... I have 7 pets that I use, not including my water pets). Enjoy it while you have it easy, if you don't enjoy it... maybe you picked the wrong class?

Oh, and just by sheer coincidence that amount of coin you'll make? That's about what you need in order to start successfully merchanting which is the first step towards getting a herc.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think gw w herc buff is COOl..cuz no1 have it..and if u get it..will be special pet - only u have :D well only do dragon event xD it will drop 1 day xD and then for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Some have it, but there's a pretty good reason why most don't. It's an overpriced inferior tank and even if you get the skills yourself it's not free. There's an opportunity cost on everything.
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I still will get Herc buffs on my GW...looking at the stats its doesnt seeme like a complete waste. Or atleast like a better idea then putting Nix buffs on a sawfly.b:surrender
    Herc is so ugly (golden ogre, wtf?), but if you like his looks its defnitly the better tank i wont deny that. WHY PW DID U MAKE IT SO UGLY???b:cry

Currently all i do is leveling pets since i had a long brake too and when i came back there was the Walker and the Dark Wanderer. If you dont like leveling pets plz dont waste any money on the legendary pet skills just reroll because it wont get easyer to level them and urself since i for example completely abandoned BH for the sake of my pet levels.

In my eyes running around with an underleveled pet is like useing a white level 50 weapon on a lv 70 archer, useing 20 level lower NPC Armor as a Barb, a clv60 cleric with lv4 IH...in other words: not an option if i ever want to squad with someone! b:surrender
  • Manakel - Dreamweaver
    Manakel - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Herc is so ugly (golden ogre, wtf?), but if you like his looks its defnitly the better tank i wont deny that. WHY PW DID U MAKE IT SO UGLY???b:cry

How is hercs' ugliness this much problematic ? As long as he does his tanking job, what's the matter ? xD
    I don't understand your point b:surrender
    I don't really like his look, but I really love mine, I can't see how one couldn't love hercs because they look ugly x.x . You also hate ppl because you don't like how they look ? o.o Nice... <.<
    If you're actually able to buy those scrolls, pls don't T_T Go for the "ugly gold ogre" or save your money...
    Ah... and no you don't have to give up your BHs to lvl your pets. Just go for the cube of fate method, it's very fast. I got my herc at lvl 83 and got it from lvl 1 to my lvl within two days, with the cube method. You just need patience and determination. If you don't have that, roll another class, cause pets aren't for you then.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8149449004&dateline=1294904331[/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver chars:
    Zahikel 101 Cleric, Celestial Demon
    Manakel 100 Veno, Demon (semi-retired)
    Kaeden 93 Archer, Demon
    Asthariel new Mystic :3
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I still will get Herc buffs on my GW...looking at the stats its doesnt seeme like a complete waste. Or atleast like a better idea then putting Nix buffs on a sawfly.b:surrender

No, it's a complete waste. I don't think you understand just how big the difference is.

With herc buffs, a walker has 76% of the hp, takes 7% more damage (14% vs 13%) against physical, and 12.5% (18% vs 16%) more damage against magic. That means against physical damage it's 70.68% as good as a herc and against magical damage it's 66.5% as good as a herc. On top of this, you've got a choice with reflect. If you take reflect you're going to have 1 aggro skill just like a herc (though a magmite benefits from bash more) and have the same aggro issues or perhaps even worse when facing normal mobs. If you don't take reflect and instead go with two aggro skills, you're going to have worse aggro on bosses but be better able to hold it on normal mobs.

Either way, it's not a herc. If you really want to put some buffs on something, give a marksman strong, protect, and claw.
    Ah... and no you don't have to give up your BHs to lvl your pets. Just go for the cube of fate method, it's very fast. I got my herc at lvl 83 and got it from lvl 1 to my lvl within two days, with the cube method. You just need patience and determination. If you don't have that, roll another class, cause pets aren't for you then.

While anyone can do that, I think the point (or atleast my point) was that the person shouldn't. They need to learn how to play and they're not going to get that from the cube.
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Wow, amazing. Not likeing a pet in a game for it looks suddenly becames the same as judgeing people by looks. That troll is almost better then the girl trying to tell me i murder puppys because i Pked (inside a PvP area) from time to time in another game.b:laugh

Brael thanks but i realy do know the numbers and the diff is bigger between Nix and Sawfly if you look at the numbers. ;-)
    I am fully aware of how much better a Herc is the point remains, i realy dont like (hm actually i do hate) his looks. With Herc buffs the Walker is the best tank i can get with the highest amount of sadisfaction and fun. Hell before i was thinking of putting those on my Pink Beetle (Hepastral Beetle King) but i had to accept his stats are too sucky (im so sorry Bugglsb:cry).
    I for my part cant understand why people just cant accept that not everyone has the same prioritys as they have. It is not like im a BM who refuses to use a Weapon in Dungeons cos i got the weird idea that fighting barehanded is the way to go.b:laugh
    Against ugly armor i can just do something by wearing fashion. ;-)
    Afterall its me who wont be able to solo certain stuff and in a squad with a tank i wont become useless because i dont have a Herc. I guess a higher att pet is better there anyways. I still have Amp maxed, know where my Lending Hand button is, maxed Bramble Guard and Ironwood even tho im almost pure foxform. Besides that i dont think that not haveing the best armor/weapon/pet will somehow prevent you from enyoing and playing the game, its all about the fun anyways.b:chuckle

Oh and i readed my post 5 times now and did not find the line where i said "i hate leveling my pets". I dont mind leveling my pets. I can grind Spirit, level my Genie and do one-man-armys while getting a little cash. I dont see why i should hate that. :3
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Many venos (including myself) hope to one day skill the rare buffs on to whatever pets they commonly use or fancy. However we shouldn't make the mistake of thinking this will make our pets almost as good as an herc or nix, it will not. While such skills will greatly improve a pet's performance, there are still limits to what a regular pet will do when compared with a legendary, large enough that the roles of herc'ed and unherc'ed venos in a squad may be vastly different.

Unless you are nearing endgame i would not recommend trying to acquire these skills at all, as the oportunity cost for such an investment is very real. The cheaper variety of skills available through the Mrs. Zoologist npc really are a great alternative, and i would much rather recommend any veno experiment with these first. The right, properly leveled, skill set on any given pet will drastically improve your capabilities and you can tailor it to suit your playing style. I would recommend to any veno still far from saving enough for an herc, or determined for whatever reason not to use one, to first skill their pets in this manner and concentrate their efforts in gear/skills instead. Once you reach higher levels you'll be able to properly gauge wether investment in rare skills is worth it or not, and you won't be struggling with a poorly skilled pet through level ranges where regular skills would have been far more profitable and useful. Of course this doesn't mean you should let pass the oportunity of acquiring a skill such as Claw if you can find it at below market price.

Bash (Ream for PvP) and Threaten (Tough for tanking pets) are probably the best starting points and i can hardly think of any pet or role that would not benefit from using these. Howl is likely the best way to increase your damage output. Other skills such as Shriek or Roar can dramatically increase your pet's performance if you learn to use them properly. Remember to properly research what skills will most benefit your particular pets, your playing style and what needs you have when on a party. Also keep your mind open about trying pets which more closely fit the profile of what you're trying to accomplish. I say this because skilling even in this fashion is by no means cheap. I myself i'm set to spend 6 mill over the next couple of levels just to get my pets right. This will involve using forget scrolls on skills i've previously invested in as well as giving up my Shaodu Cub's Pounce, but my hope is that my pets will be able to perform at an above average level once i'm through skilling them. That should put me in a much better position to eventually acquire those rare skills for them... But only after i've saved up enough for a Nix...
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    +1b:chuckle

I met alot of other Venos who thought if they put the Herc buffs on their Pet it would be able to do everything a Herc can do, or if they put Nix buffs on a Sawfly that it comes close to the dps of a Nix. Which realy is not the case.
    Also i too would not recommend to put any legendary skill on a pet one isnt 120% sure of keeping. I had the oportunity to get Strong on my old Beetle when i was 52 and im very glad i waited. Before 90+ i would not risk to give a GW a legendary buff anyways. Im 100% sure now but i dont know what might change in the higher levels.

Testing skills is expensive but very rewarding when you find out your pet can suddenly perform a task which it could not before. To level Tough and Bash is defnitly no coin waste if you keep that per for a while. :)

Nix ftw! Just 9997 feathers to go.... XD