Future of lost city

Options
Devoted - Lost City
Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
What shape do you think lost city will be in a year from now?

Everyone says the map will change when the majority hit 100 but I can't see it changing besides the colour of it if anything. There will always be 1 dominating guild like it or not.

As far as activity what do you think the population will be a year from now? I don't see any upcoming games that will steal a majority of players in the long run because some games are over hyped and people will be disappointed with certain qualities of those games. I don't think a game will kill the population but I do think lack of content for players endgame will eventually force people to leave. Pwi has done a decent job adding new content, although the quality of the content is questionable it is something new nonetheless.

Another thing that I can see moving people away are the gold prices. A gap is starting to grow between the cash shoppers and the f2p players. Rising gold prices doesn't hurt cash shoppers because the price of a heiro is always 4$ on top of the fact their dollar goes further now for coins. On the other hand people who have to grind for their coins will start to become frustrated when their miji costs exceed their drops for the hour. I don't see hh drops scaling in price with the gold because people always undercut - only **** themselves over. People who play for mainly pvp will be gone quicker than the pve'rs just because of the fact the fun and competitiveness of pvp is starting to fade.

Some will reach the goal they were playing for only to realize the journey was much more fun than the destination.

<edited:Don't post images from other versions of the game please> The chinese servers all seem to be bot infested with only a few people who have done everything and can't quite move on.

What would be a reason for you to quit pw?

Friday night with nothing going on.. amuse me. b:cute
Post edited by Devoted - Lost City on

Comments

• Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Something that may or may not being happening at the mid to late september area would be my reason.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm just plain bored of the game. The only motivation I have right now is a level 100 pot, and I only do dailies. Same old same old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    inbe4 the gms decide you are now not allowed to make any reference to the month of september at all.

anyway I came to the game due to a word-of-mouth reference, I stayed for the epic TWs, and i'll leave when I leave because it's too much work to get to 100 only to have nothing to do.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    as far as TW goes no matter what even with all losses of cq it would take some time.for players ,i think most will stay in game cuz they are either no lifers living with parents or they have jobs and dont like thier wifes so they play pw all day or ...alot of reasons lol and as of me im stopping temp but will be back once i get some rl things done
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd only quit if the game took a real turn for the worse. The only reason I quit my last MMO was because of corrupt GM's/a harrassment issue they weren't dealing with. I like this game, I play it because I enjoy the quests and I enjoy the fact you're not forced to level with anyone for any reason.

I don't cash shop, so I agree about the gold prices that could push people away. I already got most of the things I need though before the gold prices started to climb, I've got a mount, flying mount, fashion, etc. I don't care too much for a + 12 weapon or + 5 set of armor. I would never like to see charms go to 1m+ though. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In almost every MMO, once you do "everything" there is to do in the game, what is left is the community.

The community on Lost City sucks, I have no idea how it will be in the future!

The PvP is also lame, for obvious reasons.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Only thing I think will TRULY drive people away from the game is the gold prices.

I've played games where it was INSANELY obvious who the cash shoppers were. They would walk around with highly refined gear, they had the best equips, unlimited access to items that increased stats, best aerogear/mounts, best healing items. The gold price was so high that it was impossible to keep up with the people who used the cash shop. No matter of coin farming was able to allow you to keep up with cash shoppers. If PW turns into this then a lot of people who don't use the cash shop will leave.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    One thing i can see clearly ruining PWI in the future is bots. They are handling them way too easy.

3 day ban on first time for a clear botter just doesn't work.

If china is already bot infested,it means there's plenty of bots for the loser cheaters to use and PWI has no threat to keep them out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The only reason I quit my last MMO was because of corrupt GM's/a harrassment issue they weren't dealing with.

You should join Conqueror.

In almost every MMO, once you do "everything" there is to do in the game, what is left is the community.

The community on Lost City sucks, I have no idea how it will be in the future!

The PvP is also lame, for obvious reasons.

There's an MMO community that doesn't suck? b:shocked

(You can't say Hello Kitty Online, everything about that game is win)
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You have to be pretty emo to publish one of these threads. Get over it.

The fact is that the game is unbalanced/flawed in many areas including TW and nobody is doing anything to fix it. The map is red, and nothing that anyone does is going to fix that; someone will always own a large majority of the map. Again, QQ, get over it. Most of the problems on LC are due more to the people on the server than the immediate problems with the game anyway. Every game gets old, and most of us have overstayed our welcome.

The future of Lost City is irrelevant considering many of us wont be here to experience it, and those that aren't staying don't care about the ones who are.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You should join Conqueror.

I'm not a sell out.

Meaning, I don't want to join CQ and have all my friends be like "lulz! salary!" Plus, where's the fun in joining the winning team? I like a good fight. =P

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    there is no future for lost cityb:chuckle

props to those fighting conqueror though. honestly, those people all recognize cq to be a good guild, a lot of them would be accepted into cq but they choose instead to put up with a lot of **** (cant be bothered to elaborate) to keep some competition on the server. unfortunately there isnt enough of these people.
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    this game is probably one of the best f2p mmo's up until about lvl 80 or 85. past that point, the good gear and skills require either loads of time or a fair amount of cash to obtain.

everyone is under the impression that when you approach the level cap, things start to even out. this was also one of pandoras assumptions. unfortunately it's far from the truth. there's enough stuff end game that rewards you with gear that is just far superior than what you can farm in a few hours of HH (which is a pretty ridiculous time sink past hh60 already).
    so even if you hit lvl 100, you'd need to spend many hours in GV getting shards, days and months in cube for the necklace, several runs of warsong for the belt, and then if you just settled for a 99gold weapon, you'd get spanked unless you spent days in lunar getting a weapon, or thousands of dollars on rank8.
    and then you still need to spend either loads of time in HH selling mats or plop down a few hundred dollars to refine your gear.
    if you don't, expect to be beaten down pretty quickly. sure you can beat a lot of the more casual/social players with not too much time in HH or practice in pvp, but those people rarely pvp anyway. they're more concerned about fashion.

long term, this game will be just like any other game. people play for a while, then quit. you'll have a few people stick around (for "i've already put so much in here"-sake, or because they haven't found a better game), but things will slowly change.
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not a sell out.

Meaning, I don't want to join CQ and have all my friends be like "lulz! salary!" Plus, where's the fun in joining the winning team? I like a good fight. =P

b:surrender

You say you left your last game because of GM issues?

Join CQ, listen to some of their (true) stories and you'll be out of here within a week.
    props to those fighting conqueror though. honestly, those people all recognize cq to be a good guild, a lot of them would be accepted into cq but they choose instead to put up with a lot of **** (cant be bothered to elaborate) to keep some competition on the server. unfortunately there isnt enough of these people.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look like?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wow what o_O
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

English please
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I agree one to decide is path of outlook to ones fate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You say you left your last game because of GM issues?

Join CQ, listen to some of their (true) stories and you'll be out of here within a week.

Pro troll right here
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Allusions is a pretty cool guy, eh trolls pwi and doesn't afraid of anything
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You have to be pretty emo to publish one of these threads. Get over it.

The fact is that the game is unbalanced/flawed in many areas including TW and nobody is doing anything to fix it. The map is red, and nothing that anyone does is going to fix that; someone will always own a large majority of the map. Again, QQ, get over it. Most of the problems on LC are due more to the people on the server than the immediate problems with the game anyway. Every game gets old, and most of us have overstayed our welcome.

The future of Lost City is irrelevant considering many of us wont be here to experience it, and those that aren't staying don't care about the ones who are.

emo? lol it's a game. i don't even play this game besides pk. there is no qq, im asking a question.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Silly LC citizens, everyone knows emos don't play MMO's.
    Way to busy with Myspace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • DevoL - Lost City
    DevoL - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lost city after a year
    b:bye
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What shape do you think lost city will be in a year from now?

Everyone says the map will change when the majority hit 100 but I can't see it changing besides the colour of it if anything. There will always be 1 dominating guild like it or not.

Pretty much, if conqueror didn't disband letting second-rate and branch off guilds have a shot at tw it would still be red. There was a short moment where there wasn't a single dominating guild but that was basically it.
    As far as activity what do you think the population will be a year from now? I don't see any upcoming games that will steal a majority of players in the long run because some games are over hyped and people will be disappointed with certain qualities of those games. I don't think a game will kill the population but I do think lack of content for players endgame will eventually force people to leave. Pwi has done a decent job adding new content, although the quality of the content is questionable it is something new nonetheless.

Right again, scary how correct I was about a ion. Population really hasn't decreased but the quality of the game, community and overall ambition of players has declined.
    Another thing that I can see moving people away are the gold prices. A gap is starting to grow between the cash shoppers and the f2p players. Rising gold prices doesn't hurt cash shoppers because the price of a heiro is always 4$ on top of the fact their dollar goes further now for coins. On the other hand people who have to grind for their coins will start to become frustrated when their miji costs exceed their drops for the hour. I don't see hh drops scaling in price with the gold because people always undercut - only **** themselves over. People who play for mainly pvp will be gone quicker than the pve'rs just because of the fact the fun and competitiveness of pvp is starting to fade.

All true except for the mijis, not many people could have foreseen the retardation that is hyper EXP.

My thoughts for the future: who cares really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Devoted give me your crystal ball so I can predict the future accurately too b:cry
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Devoted give me your crystal ball so I can predict the future accurately too b:cry

D:
    Me eated it.
    x.x'
    Don't ask.
    Dx
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Governator - Lost City
    Governator - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Apparently I started a Necro Revolution b:shutup
    MOAR PLANS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because we can.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Apparently I started a Necro Revolution b:shutup

b:shutup
    Necro necro necro
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the future of PWI, i guess everyone will go to forsaken world after it releases. then pwi will die n close off.
  • Ehee - Lost City
    Ehee - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:shocked b:shocked b:shocked
    me gush you.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A year later and I'm still doing minimal dailies. ...what on earth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]