Cat Shop Survey

2»

Comments

• GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Question 6(just for fun): How would you feel if the Harpy Wraith randomly spawned in West Arch from time to time, it's only objective being, to obliterate all the pink n orange Cat Shops?

I love you.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1. Pretty often, not really daily, but quite often
    2. West archo
    3. Have, but only few times. Did pretty well, when I was selling right items :P
    4. It kinda already works so.... just unfortunately, most set up in the same area (west arch)
    5. really bad? only once or twice. small - average lag? almost always
    ---
    Edit:
    6. That's called "Weekly Maintaince"....
  • _Lady - Dreamweaver
    _Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Answer 1: Hmm... hard to say >> At least once a month

Answer 2: North Arch

Answer 3: I usually set up a catshop there because it's pretty much the shopping district. Everyone knows it as that. And I have sold things there quite often : )

Answer 4: To be honest I think that would be a good idea. It'd certainly help with the lag :p

Answer 5: I used to really badly x.x On my old comp I had to turn everything down graphic wise. And I would still lag so bad I'd freeze up often. But then I got a new laptop.

Answer 6: In all honesty I would be pissed off if I were trying to sell stuff. Or if I were hell-bent on finding a certain thing in those shops.
    ~Characters~

_Lady: lvl 80 BM on Dreamweaver
    _Constantina: lvl 60 Cleric on Dreamweaver
    _Nomura: lvl 30 Wiz on Dreamweaver

Lady_Emal: lvl 61 BM on Sanctuary (Retired)
  • Tatina - Raging Tide
    Tatina - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Question 1: Almost every day.

Question 2: NW, where all the shops are.

Question 3: Yes, because I like to be in the general area of other people selling what I'm selling.

Question 4: Good idea, though that takes the fun out of searching for what you're looking for. Maybe I'm the only one that likes that part though...

Question 5:Have you ever experienced really bad Lag in West Arch? Yes.

Question 6(just for fun): Uhm... yeah actually I think I would be entertained by that. As long as it gets the lighters and mermaids too.
  • Atomik - Raging Tide
    Atomik - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Question 1: How often do you buy items from Cat Shops in West Arch?
    [/COLOR]
    Quite often but never usually for myself. Usually buying mats/herbs for friends who then pay me back.

Question 2: Where else within Arch do you usually buy items from Cat Shops? (I.E. North West Arch, South Arch, East Arch etc).
    Usually North or South Arch from the cat shops selling chi stones by the watcher of the earth.

Question 3: Have you ever set up a Cat Shop in West Arch? If so, why that area and how successful were you at selling your items?
    Yep, loads of times, normally selling mats by the blacksmith. Been pretty succesful because I try keep my prices low but withen reasonable range (no refined steel for 100 coin here lol)

Question 4: What do you think of this idea; "Have different Zones around Arch for the trade of different items." (I.E. Sw.Arch for TT/Weapons/Gear, NW.Arch for Fashion/Mounts/Aerogear, etc).
    Pretty much a similar thing happening...

Question 5:Have you ever experienced really bad Lag in West Arch?
    According to the computer tech boyfriend I'm lucky cause I've never had lag anywhere in arch o.o

Question 6(just for fun): How would you feel if the Harpy Wraith randomly spawned in West Arch from time to time, it's only objective being, to obliterate all the pink n orange Cat Shops?
    *sides hurt from laughing* Though don't forget the tiger, mermaid and lighter shops >.<
    98% of the people would die if someone from Twilight said that breathing isn't cool.
    Copy and paste this if you're part of the 2% that would laugh.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I got this idea from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=491822 <-- this thread. It seemed a good idea to try and find out how many people actually buy things from the Cat Shops that clog the centre of W.Arch everyday/night/week/month/year. And also where else people buy their items (such as South Arch next to General Summers, popular (on Dreamweaver at least) with TT shops etc).

It would be really interesting to find out if anyone actually buys stuff from the majority of Cat Shops in West Arch...

I don't wanna bore you with questions, i'll try and keep this short and sweet. b:surrender

Every time i need an item i can't get/don't feel like farming myself, for example mirage celestones or the infamous tokens

Question 2: Where else within Arch do you usually buy items from Cat Shops? (I.E. North West Arch, South Arch, East Arch etc).

I used to go around west archo in a regular basis offer hunting and looking for items that caught my eye, south archo when i have nothing to do, i rarely, if even go to other parts of archo

Question 3: Have you ever set up a Cat Shop in West Arch? If so, why that area and how successful were you at selling your items?

Why, because it has a very large flow of people and therefore, better odds of selling my goodies, my luck is pretty random, sometimes i come back after a full night and nothing has sold, sometimes they **** my poor kitty after 15 minutes on the shower

Question 4: What do you think of this idea; "Have different Zones around Arch for the trade of different items." (I.E. Sw.Arch for TT/Weapons/Gear, NW.Arch for Fashion/Mounts/Aerogear, etc).

I think this is already "unofficially done", we have:

-Tokens: best place to find them is near west banker
    -Dyes: front lane of west banker and near taylor
    -Mats: near the wines dude and crafting mats near the west blacksmith
    -Herbs: near west apo
    -TT junk: archo forges near general summer

Who hasn't?

I would ROFL from my aero as i watch the kitties die

Thank you for taking part in this Survey, have a cookie :P...no Zen, i'm not affiliated with OfferScam...er...OfferPal b:victory

Well, those are my answers (in white)
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I don't think this would have quite the effect you think it would. When I set up a cat shop in Archo, I typically only checked it and reset prices 2-3 times a day because I had more important stuff to do in RL. Some of the shops nearby selling the same stuff I did seemed to be able to change their prices to beat mine within a few minutes, indicating the people running them monitor them almost continuously.

So having Harpy Wraith obliterate the cat shops now and then would mean it would be impossible for casual cat shoppers to set one up in Archo (mostly the kind who set up a shop, then go to work/school, or go to sleep). The hardcore merchants would just reset their shops a few min after they were killed (they're mostly level 1 mules - who cares if they die).

So yeah it would cut down on the number of cat shops. But it would also eliminate a huge amount of competition, causing prices and thus profit margins to rise. You'd actually be making it easier to merchant for anyone willing to put up with the annoyance of occasionally having their cat shop killed. It would be a huge + for people who spend all their free time in the game, and a huge - for people who can only play casually. I think most would agree that's the opposite of what they'd like to see happen to merchanting.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Uh... never. Too many shops, tons of different items, and no idea about prices or items. PW is actually the first game where I completely avoid trading of any sorts.

Not really, no. Can be a sluggish depending on the box, but that's about it.

If it only attacks shops I wouldn't care, but I'd also think it's a stupid idea.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    question 1: almost never
    question 2: the AH, or around g. sum.
    question 3: yes, very almost sold everything cept a few tt mats.
    question 4: yes i do, it would decrease the lag in west, so i can acctually bare to go thro it and work on my 2x alts...
    question 5: every day... unless im on my friends computer thats the best computer in the world D:
    question 6: -points to siggy- lmfao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    question 6: -points to siggy- lmfao.

b:laughb:pleasedb:chuckle
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Whenever I need tokens. Other that tokens I don't actually buy that many things. Sometimes I stroll arch looking for cheap deals though

Mostly AH for gear

Yes, in my bored AFK moments my catshop trys to sell golden boxes and other junk I collect on the way. Usually it sells, always a nice little extra cash

Basicly already there, though I only really notice the token district

Not really, got a pritty good computer

Well most of the shops are lvl1 clerics, so they won't really care. But the thought of a massive pile of corpses in west arch does make me smile

Thank you for taking part in this Survey, have a cookie :P...no Zen, i'm not affiliated with OfferScam...er...OfferPal b:victory
    [/QUOTE]
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris