Gear Options Oh My!

Baalbak - Dreamweaver
Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
So umm yeah... with all the different gears out there - TT/legendary/Lunar/ etc.. I've been looking at a couple options that I feel are within somewhat reasonable grasp for my non-cash shop build. For a while I had been pretty much oblivious to any other options than TT 99 gold as far as end game goes (heaven forbid one day I can attain Rank 9 armor). Be that as it may, I've got a couple gear combinations in mind if ya'll are interested and/or want to ridicule them b:laugh. If theres any down to earth suggestions you might have, I'm all ears.

First is the 99 gold build with a couple of Lunar rings and cape of tauren chieftan.. refines +2 all around.. and level 1 tome. the listed stats are what id be having if I follow my current pattern: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5484d77b8a052135

Next is a mixture of Lunar ornaments, and tt90 green/Legendary Gears: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=96371bc80c5770a0

As far as the legendary gears go in that setup, I currently have the legs and chest. Haven't found the boots or helmet yet. still trying to make some mobs drop the boots (.0008% drop from certain mobs according to pwi database).

Both Builds show stats with sage buffs/passive (minus blood bath)

Pros For 99 Gold: Higher HP without shards/refines, Higher Crit Rate, Faster Attack Rate, Slightly Higher (single hit) Damage

Pros For [other build]: better defenses all around due to stacking +2% physical damage reduction items and using magical defense ornaments as opposed to physical defense ornaments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Retired..
Post edited by Baalbak - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TT99 build is better then the mixed one. Just those molds like Heavy Helmet of Ape...will be nearly impossible to get unless you're very very veryyy lucky.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yeah :(. Not to mention after posting this I checked on the amount of coin I'd need to buy (with tokens) the more expensive mats needed for the Lunar items and it came out to over 60 million just for the chips b:shocked

A more realistic build which I had originally had in mind is akin to the first build shown, however it would use TT 99 Gold arcane neck and 99 Gold arcane belt and uses 2x Misty Forest rings as opposed to Sign of Frost: Chaos.

Gear Stats:

Interval Between attack -0.15сек
    Reduce Physical damage taken +3%
    Accuracy +100%
    Critical Hit Rate +4%
    Evasion +126
    Strength +18
    Dexterity +9
    Vitality +73
    Physical Attack +56
    Maximum Physical Attack +142
    Magic Attack +31
    Phys. Res. +474
    HP +680
    HP Recovery +12
    MP Recovery +3
    Mag. Res.: +250

vs:
    Interval Between attack -0.15сек
    Reduce Physical damage taken +5%
    Accuracy +100%
    Critical Hit Rate +14%
    Strength +29
    Dexterity +9
    Vitality +59
    Physical Attack +31
    Maximum Physical Attack +142
    Phys. Res. +216
    HP +520
    HP Recovery +12
    MP Recovery +3
    Mag. Res.: +650
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ape Helmet and Greaves of fallen are rare molds, so better look for scribe shoes and warsoul helmet.
    The Lunar gold ornaments are expensive like hell. To get the gold mats dropped you need squad mode in lunar which cost 3kk and the percentage is still low.

To farm a full TT99 gold set by yourself takes ages.
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My personal 'bargain' engame gear goal is lunar top, scribe boots, and eventually tt99 wists/pants to replace my tt90 gold wrists/pants. I also want to farm a lunar mag necklace and either farm/buy a lunar ring to use with either attendance ring or misty ring depending on the situation. Might replace my OHT helm with the warsoul of earth, and would like to get my gold past belt to replace demon slaughter belt. Already have a wing trophy cape and lvl3 tome. Would like to get all refined to at least 5, and will shoot for 7. Filled with a mix of perfect and immaculate citrines.

Don't bother going all tt99 if u can only afford refines up to 2. For the cost of the 99 set u could buy full mold set and refine to 8 or 9 with some nice shards, and that would do would be better than a full tt99 +2 filled w flawless.
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Compared to your tt99 built I suggest something like this:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=4aa3e9795daaa785

The free belt and 90neck should give you enough coin to get warsoul helm and refine a little better.

The mdef gained beats the small loss in pdef and 4%crit imo.

Vit/Str and shards/refine do as you like/can afford.

I like the lunar rings but if you are strapped for coin consider Perfect attendance/misty/CoA.