Problem with downloading patch.

XOsirisx - Raging Tide
XOsirisx - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Support Desk
I'm not too sure what to say. My client doesn't automatically download the patches anymore =/. I've enabled it through my firewall settings and disabled my firewall to see if it would help, seems not.

"Patch Version Mismatch"
"Please click verify.
*Clicks Verify*
"Verifying Game Version"
"Updating Listed Files"
"Version verifaction interrupted".
>.<

This happened with the Patch398, but I solved that by manualling downloading and installing the patch.
This mean I just gotta wait to find the new manual patch and download and install it?

Any tips/advice would be appreciated ^^
Post edited by XOsirisx - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Driftus - Lost City
    Driftus - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When does the manual patch come out? I'd sure like to know.
  • XOsirisx - Raging Tide
    XOsirisx - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, I did a bit of looking around and if you click on "Download" scroll down and there will be the 398-402 patch update. Just click and download ^^.
    So, this thread can be closed. I never knew where manual patch updates were, but now I do ^^
  • _Memei_ - Heavens Tear
    _Memei_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i cant update too..it stops at Game version:398, Updating files, tasks.data....den it says to choose between stop updating and restart...b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Here are some things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera