80+ beware gettting kicked from FC

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
So you live and learn right?

Did FC recently with an 80 Barb and a level 100 cleric joined us. The barb actually started the squad. They weren't happy with the barb half way through so kicked him and invited a level 97 barb.

I'm keeping my mouth shut thinking "Eek, I'm only level 81 how long before they kick me...."

So we get to the second last room when there's a squad wipe and its my turn to run all the way back to res everyone.

So I run back, res the level 100 Cleric. He gets up, kicks me and pks me in two shots (i saw what was happening so didnt bother defending myself obviously)

I guess he did it to get the most XP for the last two rooms - I really dont know.

Anyway just posting to serve as a warning when high levels join low levels for FC runs. Am thinking if I find myself in this type of squad again, I'll insist on being given the lead or I wont bother running it.

Have done 3 fc runs so far. None finished and gotten no xp at all - like I say - live and learn.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's pretty rude of the cleric. But why would you guys bring in a 100 cleric? Obviously had you, and I've ran FCs with 7x clerics before, not to mention EVERYONE under 100 would get exp cuts. That cleric could have easily found another squad his/her level.
    Oh well, sorry that happened. b:surrender Good luck finding better squads your level.
    Edit: if you ever wanna run FC with me, PM me in game or on my BM, sskinner, I won't kick you :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Like I said I've only done a couple of runs so I dont know much about them yet. As for the level 100 cleric, he just offered to help and as some people say about the xp loss - better to get a quick run and some xp than not get it done at all or taking a long time etc

I believe, however, that he offered to help, seeing us as FC noobs, with the sole purpose of kicking us at the end.
  • Janalla - Heavens Tear
    Janalla - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im lvl 99 and have done FF runs with lvl 80s and i never kick them , if they mess up i just try to help them and explain to them what to do and help teach them . people that boot you cause your a lower lvl lol thats someone that has no respect for anyone . we all was a noob to FF at 1 time and had to learn the hard way and booting people just cause of their lvl of because they made 1 mistake isnt gonna help them learn hot do do a ff . lol i have taken my member with me in ff that was only lvl 50 and 60 lol , they loved it . yeah they might die but they dont mind cause they want to larn so i teach them , and gerss what once they hit their 80s+......................... they do awsome in ff .
  • Stilleh - Raging Tide
    Stilleh - Raging Tide Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I actually find it much easier to run with 80 groups instead of +90s. Barbs have a much easier time to hold aggro in 80s and that saves the healer the trouble of healing all the aggrostealing -int BMs and sins that seem to take over at +90. Players love them fatnumber cirts and they don't seem to care that they can cause a wipe by overnukeing. +90 also always seem to rush things to get it done as fast as possible. Better being safe than sorry in my book...
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing...
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I remember I was in a squad of all 80s, this sin was really annoying, he apparently thought we were all 90+ and that the barb was going to lure all rooms and aoe them at the end. Ofc that's not what most 80s squads do because the barb is cannot take that many at that point in time, unless he has killer HP and a really good cleric. But anyway, he would kill ALL the shades before we would get into a room, even though we still needed them at that point to focus our aoes on. I got pissed off and told him not to. (I was wasting barrage on mobs that would die in 2 intervals anyway.) Then he proceeded to tell me I'm fail and that I shouldn't be barraging and archers are not needed in FC. I felt bad for my squad having to deal with drama so I left, but there are some serious nabs out there that I would kick from an FC if I had lead.
    Other than that, I have no problem with FC newbies in a squad, just tell them what to do, it's not that hard. Like Janalla said, we were all FC noobs once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I actually find it much easier to run with 80 groups instead of +90s. Barbs have a much easier time to hold aggro in 80s and that saves the healer the trouble of healing all the aggrostealing -int BMs and sins that seem to take over at +90. Players love them fatnumber cirts and they don't seem to care that they can cause a wipe by overnukeing. +90 also always seem to rush things to get it done as fast as possible. Better being safe than sorry in my book...

This is what i think is the problem with most of the people who play this game, they seem to want things done NOW! Whats the problem? they are already 90, there's nowhere else to go but like 10-15 lvs more. But i'm sorry that happened to you guys, that sucks and that just sound like some narrow-minded jerks who only think about themselves. My advice, if you can go with your friends/Guild then do that, cuz now it seems that more and more of these random squads are being jerks (not all of them), and they cant even take a squad whipe without leaving the squad and pretty much saying "**** you" just cuz they lost some exp in a game...

I do hope that this doesn't mess with your opinions about squads with frosts, because like the many people here said, 70's 80's, whoever, can do frosts and not everyone is a jerk. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool