is rank 9 armour the new BEST armor?

2»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW Badges in packs.....just watch....

Maybe not the TW Badges, though there's a good possibility of those.

Perhaps those Swords you make from 9999 chips. I wonder if they make an appearance in AnnipackV2.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW Badges in packs.....just watch....

+1 to this

"We have realized how hard it was for our cash shoppers to obtain those oh so sought after TW badges, and only one generated per server might not be enough, so now you can purchase "TW packs"; each pack has a chance to contain:

99.99% of the time: tokens
    0.005% time: best token
    (1 x 10 EXP -42)% chance: TW badge!"

I bet my **** they will purchase them even with ridiculous chances like those
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree with Michael, the swords would be a better idea. Those are so expensive to make and much more needed than the badges.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited August 2010
    I agree with Michael, the swords would be a better idea. Those are so expensive to make and much more needed than the badges.

would actually make the badges worthwhile.

Without the swords, I can see people trying to selling them for like 5m, kinda like Relic of Souls. The souledges would cost you at least 60m to farm. Yet they often sell for under 5m cause red/orange mats are nearly non-existent in comparison.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    would actually make the badges worthwhile.

Without the swords, I can see people trying to selling them for like 5m, kinda like Relic of Souls. The souledges would cost you at least 60m to farm. Yet they often sell for under 5m cause red/orange mats are nearly non-existent in comparison.

Interestingly enough, that would spice up TW since TW badges would be worth something and even though it's just one per week to random land, it's at least something.
    edited August 2010
    Interestingly enough, that would spice up TW since TW badges would be worth something and even though it's just one per week to random land, it's at least something.

Yeah, but I don't think it would give much incentive for most people to TW, just those that want Rank 9. And come to think of it, if they put those in the packs, then they would lose out on a major source of token revenue.

I dunno, but they'll put something in packs, that much is for sure.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, but I don't think it would give much incentive for most people to TW, just those that want Rank 9. And come to think of it, if they put those in the packs, then they would lose out on a major source of token revenue.

I dunno, but they'll put something in packs, that much is for sure.

But if the badges go up in the price, it means that the TW salary will also go up. It's more like gambling will you get the money or not, but so are packs and people still buy those.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Ignoring the point I already made about Rep being a by product of ....

Game hasn't even been around 3 years and people already have rank 8. -please!

Wrong on 2 accounts.
    How misinfored are you? If you seriously think that you can farm rank 8 simply by running FBs, One man armies, and BH100, then you clearly do not even play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    How misinfored are you? If you seriously think that you can farm rank 8 simply by running FBs, One man armies, and BH100, then you clearly do not even play the game.

all this + run TTs/nirvana for coin to merchant with = rank 8

do realize majority of rank 8 comes from merchanting.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think it was about near 700M? Long time merchants should be able to in a decent while. Im still amateur but making a decent profit now so yeah....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010

^ This
    i think it was about near 700M? Long time merchants should be able to in a decent while. Im still amateur but making a decent profit now so yeah....

And with token prices...yup about 700mill. Easy $$ to make if you know to do it b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I am aware that rank 8 is bought, either by coins or real cash.

I was just pointing out to senor tweakz here the absurdity of his statement that getting rank 8 is "merely a byproduct of running FBs..."

Farming 200k rep by one man armies, FBs, etc. is absurd, it would take years, I think it was in another thread were someone mentioned someone that had been farming rep for 2 years and just hit 40k or so.

Rep is bought, not farmed, it's merely a matter of where the money to buy it came from, whether by farming, merchanting, or cash shopping.

But farming FBs/OMAs for rank 8? That's just unrealistic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."