Some comments on 3-3 and tw

Options
Man - Raging Tide
Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Well after reading the massive amount of complaining about all the game changes i have several things to say.

3-3 was done on first attempt in 1 1/2 hours with a noob party, only boss that required a 2nd cleric was illusion lord. While the aggro changes with Emperor make flesh ream highly desirable.

In other words the changes in TT will make people have to work together more and actually maybe use classes for their role. **** assassins tanking 3-3 XD. we only wiped on Lord, who IS a challenge.

As far as tw changes, they may have a negative impact initially but i believe will make tw more fun in the long term. And lets face it, we are experiencing reverse coin inflation, 10 mil gold today is worth a lot more than 10 mil gold months ago. Lunar rings easily sold for 60 mil, and now can't sell for 35. Gold price is down to 350k, if they took out packs it could even go lower.

TL;DR 3-3 is a lot easier than these forums and lvl 100 squads of 'pros' made it out to be and don't stop believing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Man - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As far as tw changes, they may have a negative impact initially but i believe will make tw more fun in the long term. And lets face it, we are experiencing reverse coin inflation, 10 mil gold today is worth a lot more than 10 mil gold months ago. Lunar rings easily sold for 60 mil, and now can't sell for 35. Gold price is down to 350k, if they took out packs it could even go lower.

That's Raging Tide for you, gold on LC is curently selling for 445k low sell, 435k high buy. Uncannies and raptures, as well as 3-3 mats have gone up. Lunar Weapon is 80m, lunar ornament is still 60m.

The only thing that has really changed is that TW is dead. Everything else costs the same or is more expensive, except for tokens, which are down to about 10.6k-11k sell price from about 11.6k.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And lets face it, we are experiencing reverse coin inflation, 10 mil gold today is worth a lot more than 10 mil gold months ago. Lunar rings easily sold for 60 mil, and now can't sell for 35. Gold price is down to 350k, if they took out packs it could even go lower.

I do agree that we are experiencing reverse coin inflation, however i don't see a reduction in gold prices. Gold is still 400k-420k on sanc. In game items, such as TT items definately have more value atm, simply because the market isn't flooded with TT mats. Supply is down, but demand is up. Where as before with the multiple 2x drop events, the mats flooded the servers causing a higher supply and lower demand. As for packs effecting gold prices, i really dont think this makes a bit of difference to the gold prices. As long as ppl are buying gold at 400k+ it will stay that way. The introduction of packs was not the first seen inflation of the game. Chest of coins/Perfect Hammers apparently were, but that's not the first time i saw a huge inflation. Back a year and a few months ago(not sure what month but wanna say march 2009) there was a clothing set introduced in the boutique. Anyways, when a player bought a piece of the set, the npc price was bugged. I.e you could npc it for millions of coins, instead of the normal 1k price. As a result of that, gold shot up to 700k that day and they called an emergency server maintenance. Anyways, I'm not completely sure if that was before or after chest of coin/hammers, but i think it was before. And ever since that happened, I haven't seen gold prices below 200k. In my opinion 200k-250k per gold is acceptable and something the average player could adapt to easily. but 400k+ isnt.
    >.<
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It'd be wise to post your thoughts in the stickies.
    :)
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    3-3 was done on first attempt in 1 1/2 hours with a noob party, only boss that required a 2nd cleric was illusion lord. While the aggro changes with Emperor make flesh ream highly desirable.

Explain what was your noob party lol. And if you were charmed or not, and please tell us the strategy to do 3-3 in one hour and half, with a noob party b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    10.3k tokens on sanctuary

and the butthurt of our servers herced veno population is off the charts

gold will most likely drop to low 400k/high 390k after dye sales

gotta say i agree with the op

now death to the JJ blessing (srsly hate that thing on mag classes)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The gold price deflation is not that much. It's the same amount as having packs out of the boutique for 2 days.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

now death to the JJ blessing (srsly hate that thing on mag classes)

Hate it on magic classes when they pew pew you, but love it when you equip one and pew pew them, right? b:chuckle
    >.<
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I didn't do TTs after patch cuz I'm busy in Nirvana but a squad of complete undergeared ppl from my guild (by the older server's definition) managed to do 3-1 boss after a few tries when they said they "got how to do it now"

By undergeared I mean stuff like +3/+4 refines max and below level 100.

Although I think that boss is a bit too hard for its level range, it is still way different than all the QQs I read on this forum about it being impossible even from OP people. If they aren't exaggerating I really start to doubt the proness of those so called old timer pro's. b:shutup
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hate it on magic classes when they pew pew you, but love it when you equip one and pew pew them, right? b:chuckle

No,

Magic can stand safely ranged and hits 5k~10k x 1.3 = 1500 ~ 3000 more damage.
    Melee has 2 run through rapezone hits 1k~4k x 1.3 = 300 ~ 1200 more damage.

JJ blessing is evil.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    actually, i just tried this after tiger event last night. it didnt really change that much. the drops still suck, but bosses arent really that much harder
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

In other words the changes in TT will make people have to work together more and actually maybe use classes for their role. **** assassins tanking 3-3 XD. we only wiped on Lord, who IS a challenge.

TL;DR 3-3 is a lot easier than these forums and lvl 100 squads of 'pros' made it out to be and don't stop believing.

People have a much greater issue with 3-1 Dark Colluseast (Giant Beast). A level 100 party that can kill th 3-2 & 3-3 Giant Beast, will wipe vs. the 3-1 version. Giant Beast in 3-1 should be killable by a squad of 88s. If he's wiping 100s, how are people who are still trying to get their GBAs for TT90 from 3-1 supposed to kill it? It should be roughly 12 levels easier then 3-3 version, NOT harder then it. Combine that with his dismal drop rate, and we can see why GBAs are now up over 1.5 mil and approaching 2 mil fast on HT.

The subtle price of gold drop is due to coral packs. They only have a 0.72% chance of ToBL rather then the Sunshine/Tiger/Anni Pack at 1.72% chance. Every time coral packs have been the packs on sale in the past, gold has dropped vs the other packs. People are simply not willing to pay as much for them, and there is also a reduced rate of ToBL money coming into the economy. The current price of gold matches what it did last coral pack sale, and the coral pack sale before it, both times with TW pay still in affect. So we can actually see TW pay isnt the source of the inflation and the current deflation of gold prices. PWE just chose to put coral packs for sale because they KNOW this, but can use a fallacy of truth (or truthiness) to claim its the TW pay cut thats reducing gold price to back up their poor reasoning.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People have a much greater issue with 3-1 Dark Colluseast (Giant Beast). A level 100 party that can kill th 3-2 & 3-3 Giant Beast, will wipe vs. the 3-1 version. Giant Beast in 3-1 should be killable by a squad of 88s. If he's wiping 100s, how are people who are still trying to get their GBAs for TT90 from 3-1 supposed to kill it? It should be roughly 12 levels easier then 3-3 version, NOT harder then it. Combine that with his dismal drop rate, and we can see why GBAs are now up over 1.5 mil and approaching 2 mil fast on HT.

Meh, 1.5M is cheap, ours over 2M already and wouldn`t be suprised if price wouldn`t stop at 3M but rise and rise... It`s just getting so expensive ppl rather get TT80 gold. If I could farm GBAs rather cheap, I`d be richer than pope on 15th century. I`m just laughing my **** off `cause ppl need TT90 chest for TT99 chest, though they may go for lunar instead. I`m just kinda waiting for them to make 3-1 beast easier, it`s just ridiculous, 10x squad with 2 clerics got wiped, ijs.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Meh, 1.5M is cheap, ours over 2M already and wouldn`t be suprised if price wouldn`t stop at 3M but rise and rise... It`s just getting so expensive ppl rather get TT80 gold. If I could farm GBAs rather cheap, I`d be richer than pope on 15th century. I`m just laughing my **** off `cause ppl need TT90 chest for TT99 chest, though they may go for lunar instead. I`m just kinda waiting for them to make 3-1 beast easier, it`s just ridiculous, 10x squad with 2 clerics got wiped, ijs.

The TT99 armor problem is bigger with newer servers. On old servers there are plenty of old TT90 armors so I can at least hope the price won't rise up to 1.5m+. That would be hell.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The TT99 armor problem is bigger with newer servers. On old servers there are plenty of old TT90 armors so I can at least hope the price won't rise up to 1.5m+. That would be hell.

Not just that, there is a larger supply of GBA's on older servers, a lot of people banked them because they didn't want to sell them for the current prices, now they are valuable and the market is still full of people undercutting each other with old back stock, once the back stock runs out demand will overtake supply causing the price to rebound.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Combine that with his dismal drop rate, and we can see why GBAs are now up over 1.5 mil and approaching 2 mil fast on HT.

Slowly drools over his 2 stacks of GBA and ghost mask from the very first 2x drop... now i regret not farming during any of the subsequent 2x drops.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Our problem is that I haven`t heard any squad succeed killing beast in 3-1 on Archosaur, after patch. I`ve been slacking when it comes playing but meh, it`s just absurd considering our server... When you take into account that there isn`t too large amount of stashed GBAs on server but kinda many ppl needing TT90 gear... I wanna farm GBAs QQ.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So we can actually see TW pay isnt the source of the inflation and the current deflation of gold prices.
    It was a source of inflation nonetheless. Significant or not it was there. b:bye
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There have already been enough threads about this topic. Please keep it to the stickys.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.