Interested in playing

acreas35
acreas35 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm interested in playing this, and have a few questions.
Wondering what the population is like
What classes are needed the most?
Whats the PvE like?
Whats the PvP like?
Whats the level cap?
Is this game worth putting time and effort into.
Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Post edited by acreas35 on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    acreas35 wrote: »
    Whats the PvE like?
    Whats the PvP like?
    Whats the level cap?

Lots of people around.
    PvE's most populated server is Heaven's Tear, the PvP one is Lost City.

Most needed classes are tankers (Barbarians, Blademasters) and healers (Clerics, though Wizards and Psychics can heal too) but also secondary/main aggro managers -depending on the situation- (Venomancers)... But this is generally about instances. In squads you have pretty much anything.

PvE and PvP differ in that at lv 30 onwards, PK is mandatory in PvP servers. It's fully optional in PvE ones (though some parts are PK-enabled).

Lv cap is 105.

Some will say do not bother (mostly out of frustration), others will tell you to give it a try. I am of the latter.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What classes are needed the most? tank and healer
    Whats the PvE like? It be okie, gets a bit repetitive at times though.
    Whats the PvP like? Eh me suppose it be up to you.
    Whats the level cap? 105
    Is this game worth putting time and effort into. That be dependent on you.

o.O
    & you be sure Lesthar that Heavens Tear be the most populated PvE server?
    Me believe sanctuary mayhaps has a bit more.
    But yar most populated PvP server be Lost City.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    o.O
    & you be sure Lesthar that Heavens Tear be the most populated PvE server?
    Me believe sanctuary mayhaps has a bit more.
    But yar most populated PvP server be Lost City.

Maybe things changed... HT could indeed have drained itself up with time. A survey would be nice. You count each individual on each server when they log in, okay? XD
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The older servers are generally more populated, Heaven's Tear and Lost City are the oldest. Next are Dreamweaver and Harshlands, and the youngest servers are Raging Tide and Archosaur (from what I've heard these are nearly empty)

Barbarian (tanker) and Cleric (Healer). Any class can get invited to a squad though so I wouldn't pick a class based on how useful it is in a squad.
    Whats the PvE like?

Pretty straightforward, quests usually make you kill a few mobs for a decent XP reward up to about level 40-50, where it starts to get rather low. At higher levels most people don't even bother questing at all.

Most of the PvE at later levels is in a squad btw.
    Whats the PvP like?

You can duel people whenever you like, if they accept your duel request then a timer starts and you whack eachother till someone's out of hp (the loser doesn't die).
    PK is like in most MMO's, though most people use a health battery known as a charm here which replenishes all your health when it drops below 50%, then there's a cooldown in which you need to drop your opponent before his charm takes effect again.
    Whats the level cap?

105. Though nobody has reached it yet.

Most people say this game is dieing, this is a little exaggerated if you ask me. It's not exactly flourishing either though due to problems with the developers making dumb decisions.

Keep in mind that this game is HEAVILY cash shop based You can easily get around spending real cash on this game by just buying cash items with ingame currency, but you always have to use them in one way or another (aforementioned charms are cash shop items for instance).

Hope that helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acreas35
    edited August 2010
    All informative, i'm gonna install it tonight and either try it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Edit: I Personally like tanking always have since everquest days. Which is the better class for tanking barbarian or blademaster?
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All informative, i'm gonna install it tonight and either try it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Edit: I Personally like tanking always have since everquest days. Which is the better class for tanking barbarian or blademaster?

The best tanking class is the Barbarian. They have more HP than the Blademaster, the trade-off being that they do less damage. Also, as a tanker be prepared at later levels to pay A LOT for repairs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Not sure about that game, but the meant to be tanking class is Barbarian. Blademasters, if you put a lot of effort and time into its gear, can also tank many of the same things a Barbarian can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Barb is dedicated tanker, Bm is only secondairy tanker
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Barb is dedicated tanker, Bm is only secondairy tanker

A good BM can be a pretty decent primary tank, and at later game stages better than the barbarian because of the hate attack speed causes, i tanked my first TT as main tank around lvl 83 (2-1), then liked tank life and have kept it going so far, ask around dreamweaver, i hear a lot of "are you sure you can tank?" but in the end we finish off just fine

On main topic, i like the population here because (at least in dreamweaver) it's mostly late teens or young adults, meaning you expect a lot less immaturity in people's actions, yet you can still joke around about totally senseless topics and make ocassional "yo momma" jokes because we're still not in that "that's stupid" age ratio

Most required class for sure are clerics, yet as everyone else said, don't pick a class just to join a squad, because most of the quests you will be doing them on your own, so pick a class that you like

PvP is pretty much who stuns the other first, PvE gets repetitive after a while and some quests seem to take forever (i remember the 20x3 squad i joined in BH79, jesus christ those 2 hours seemed like 10), the game can be catchy if you join a nice faction and go along with the events

Cash shopping will give anyone a HUGE edge over the others, and yes the game is taking a cash shopping oriented route, for stuff like PKing, rebirths (special game instance), territory war just to name some require you to have at least a guardian charm, and at endgame you will need more cash shop items, however they can be purchased from other players with in-game currency if you have enough, it all depends on the gold price on the market
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    A budged BM can't do enough dmg to hold aggro over a budged archer. Bm's don't become primairy tanks until they spend a good deal of cash on interval gear and stuf.
    Start of the game, barb is the only option as tank
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • acreas35
    edited August 2010
    Finished installing this morning and made a Barbarian on Heaven's Tears named Phillies. So far so good :D.
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Heaven's Tear is the coolest server in the game, and my fac MisftToys would be happy to have you if you choose Heaven's Tear.

in my opoioin(ik mispel, but i cant type for ****) Venomancers are the best class ingame, not only are us Venos quick lvlers, but we also get a pet at lvl 3(though its not needed until lvl 20, if you attribute your points right) and you get to begin taming mobs at lvl 7. ive had this Veno for >3 weeks. about 2 and a half weeks to be accurate, and im lvl 52.

choose your class wisely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I used to play on HT then moved to Sanctuary because I find squads easier there. o.o There are definitely more (and better) players in Sanctuary. Just my experience. :S

Anyways, I'm a full PVE player, and I must say, PVE is fun even when you're close to max lvl. There are lots of things to do that keep me entertained. (: