Sky loaded incorrectly

Options
Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Support Desk
Well... I'm bad at choosing titles, that's for sure. Anyway, this is a little (very)low-impact glitch that has been present since the launch of Rising Tide. I've kept silent all of these months and found it funny back when it first happened, but now it's just ridiculous. (I like to observe details a bit too much.)

Occasionally I mention this in faction chat and no one knows what the hell am I talking about. Even veteran players. This time I decided to take screenshots comparing a select few of the affected areas between the original and the affected version. (with a little aid of a p-server for the original skies)

Ok... First up is North Archosaur (middle part). Currently it shows the sky/weather/whatever of Flag Hill.

Currently | How it should be.

Since the rest are in a similar fashion, I'm just gonna drop links here (too tired to type descriptions).

Shattered Jade Shore: Currently (2) | Original

Slightly west from Village of Shattered Ice: Currently | Original

Thousand Streams: Currently | Original

Town of Arrivals: Currently | Original

That's all of the shots I took. I know that this does not give any negative impact on gameplay, however, it looks kinda unprofessional (and simply bad in some cases, i.e. Swamps). So yeah... hoping that someday it'll get fixed. I also decided to post it here since I don't recall someone ever mentioning it here.

A response from any GM would be nice, though. b:surrender
[sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
Post edited by Yukkuri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I had thought at one point that the sky above Archosaur was a little inappropriate, amongst other areas. I have taken a very, very long break, so I did not have screenshots to compare this with - just thought it a bit strange. Glad to see some proof of this =D While I agree this issue is only minor, I would very much like to see it fixed (although I like how Town of Arrivals is now - looks more friendly imo).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe I've never noticed this. So strange now that you point it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can't let this topic go unseen by the GMs, can't we?

Since things have calmed down a little in the forums, thought it was a good chance to bump this. (All I want is a simple response.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    error with current 1k
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I noticed, maybe that imageshack server is down. Alternatively you can go to 1k yourself. b:laugh
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Uh, isn't there day and night in PWI? The sky changes from day to night, right? They don't look strange to me at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Zavior - Harshlands
    Zavior - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I noticed this too, right after TB release the skies looked really weird to me, glad I'm not the only person who noticed this problem.. Looks really weird over Town of Arrivals b:shocked
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Uh, isn't there day and night in PWI? The sky changes from day to night, right? They don't look strange to me at all.

As a player since 2008 you should know how the skies are and the difference between having other areas' skies messed around the entire map and day/night.

Do most people play with their cameras looking down all the time or something?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yukkuri everything is fine, you don't expect main cities have same weather all time? huh? o.O?
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No... just no. This game does not have a weather system. Just a simple day/night thingy.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As a player since 2008 you should know how the skies are and the difference between having other areas' skies messed around the entire map and day/night.

Do most people play with their cameras looking down all the time or something?

I'm just saying that unless it's daytime in PWI and the sky is pitch black there's absolutely nothing wrong.

And well, I don't stare at the sky when I'm questing. Do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, since you asked so nicely. Back then I placed my camera about 2 'o clock from my character and about 30-45 degrees down looking up and still do. So yeap, I do stare the sky while questing. Same applied while flying on WQ or just long distance flying.

Call me crazy if you want to, all I want is a simple bugfix for this. b:embarrass
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is gonna be my last bump. At this point in time I would be satisfied with just an opinion on this from any GM, any would do.

My last can of hope has been consumed typing this post. b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• Grimmpillage - Harshlands
    Grimmpillage - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No Weather-system on PWI?

Indeed there is rain present in PWI, see ss's 1 to 3, Lake Blood is an everlasting rain-zone. On another island nearby there is a valey with everlasting snow.
    Grimmpillage has flown through rain outside this area @ least trice. About 2 weeks ago north of Archosaur, the rain stopped before i could think of making screenshots. Now ib:victory have some.

Album with screenshots @ ^http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/BumBeFly/Perfect%20Weather/

The behaviour of purple clouds above City of Raging Tides and Galerider Plains – ss 1 and 3 - is in my eyes a glitch (not a bug) in the sky-depictions, depending on how near ones char is to Lake of Blood (ss 2) and what direction the camera-angle is pointed. The same i saw with grey clouds above City o Raging Tides’s, Archosaur, Broken Bridge Village. Grimm can fly away fr town under rainclouds (once it actualy rained) while looking back there’s a clear blue sky. Sky remains blue after looking back once.
    I call this a glitch and not a real bug becouse such happens @ the border of different sections in the landscapes. Or on the border of daylight. 3 days ago flying high altitude on autopilote i was watching a beautifull moon. When i turned camera in another direction 2 or 3 sec. and turned back the full moon had turned into a bright sun.
    Then again, maybe this all is a growing and yet unknown part of the 1000 year war, where a Humanoid God upset Natural Balance while making PW-weather a bit too perfect…….

Earliest ss of dark stormcloud-formations i have is from the 23rd of May, these clouds aren’t exactly new. See ss 3.
    Ppl who make such marvellous cloud-formations almost undoubtly have a weather-system on their mind, wether they let our chars endure it or not. See ss 3 to 6.

Compliments to PWI, this is Art. Your beautifull skys stunned me on several ocasions. For me there’s “no” diference between pictures of Hubble telescope, oil-paintings fr ancient masters or PWI-skies. Them is just downright Magnificent!
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I noticed it when the sky over arch turned dark like the sky at flag hill JUST NORTH of arch. it's like the sky shifted down the map or something.

The screenshot "Current" for shattered jade shore only further supports the above. That sky was previously from hill of the swarm during sundown, north of shattered jade shore.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Added 2 more ss's of Rain in Blazing Wind Valey from tonight, half an hour ago. It's on Blazin Wind side o t border, a very small area. I just flew there and found the rain thus this could be continuous rain too.

Album with screenshots @ Photobucket :
    http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/BumBeFly/Perfect%20Weather/
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    <wall of text>

What is this I don't even...
    it's like the sky shifted down the map or something. The screenshot "Current" for shattered jade shore only further supports the above.

Actually, arch is kinda like inwards. The skies adjacent to arch go towards it from all directions. Also, 1k and slightly north of ToA comes from west, just past the map wall thing or whatever it's called (upcoming).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

edited August 2010
    Options
    What is this I don't even...
    [some text with litle info (just kidding)]

You don't want to take an effort to read? Then just look @ the screenshots.
    http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/BumBeFly/Perfect%20Weather/
    It can rain in PW.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's fixed weather. It belongs to the loaded ambiance. For example, Swiftwind Tribe always raining and Avalnche Canyon always snowing. The problem here is NOT lacking weather, but loading the inapropiate ambiance everywhere.

Load sky texture > show/hide sun/moon > set distance fog (and color) > set area brightness > start rain/snow if applies.

I totally felt like typing that.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• _Arrovv_ - Raging Tide
    _Arrovv_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    those look like clouds to me honestly
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
This discussion has been closed.