[Discussion about the new UI]

Comments

• Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So i guess we're stuck with this UI for good, aren't we? because what PW china does, all other versions have to take up as well, oh well - starts looking for a new home
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So i guess we're stuck with this UI for good, aren't we? because what PW china does, all other versions have to take up as well, oh well - starts looking for a new home

I hate the new UI. b:angryb:cryb:surrender
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are you guys seeing any other UI glitches in the current patch besides the Genie EXP Infuse menu?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are you guys seeing any other UI glitches in the current patch besides the Genie EXP Infuse menu?

Can you please answer some of our questions?

While fixing bleeding text is great and all, I'm still wondering if the chat tag system is under review and scrutiny, because frankly I can't stand it, and would really like it gone. I'm sure I'm not alone.

If this chat tag thing is permanent, the very least you can do is to tell us so I can stop wasting my breath and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The genie with energy / stamina the color on it only shows when full energy / stam.

Faction teleport. when click tele to arch it only say Archosaur, districts cut off. gotta know order of tele to hit right place. several of the names of fac tele destinations names cut a bit off.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Font size of Friends and AH filter menus seem inappropriately large.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The font for mail received in your mailbox is much too large.

Since the new UI was brought in, it seems you can no longer auto-path to mobs and bosses using the encyclopedia. When searching for a mob or boss, sometimes the clickable name to auto-path will show up but in most cases (that I've tried) it won't anymore.
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Can you please answer some of our questions?

While fixing bleeding text is great and all, I'm still wondering if the chat tag system is under review and scrutiny, because frankly I can't stand it, and would really like it gone. I'm sure I'm not alone.

If this chat tag thing is permanent, the very least you can do is to tell us so I can stop wasting my breath and move on.

Asperitas, the Chat Tag is not considered a bug, and is here to stay. It may be tweaked in the future, but I don't see it being removed any time soon.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Asperitas, the Chat Tag is not considered a bug, and is here to stay. It may be tweaked in the future, but I don't see it being removed any time soon.

That answers my question. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, how about that new UI?

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

(and please keep it clean in here)
    b:thanks

Update: I like the chatbox, but a lot of the menus could definitely use some work. Please keep up the opinions.

2nd update: The font in most of the menus has been fixed.

b:spit <---does this sum it up for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Can't see the titles on any mail because of font size.

Guild roster is all screwed up. "Commissioner" has become "Commission" and is run together with the person's title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary
    Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    -- You mean ... the new wanna be User Interface? .. it's not .. i mean it's not a UI it's a half done job -- now what was the op talking about again? are you trying to take us for idiots? o.o , even animals know that a house is not a house without walls or a roof. OH well the goodies of Free to Play games :)
  • Divinie - Heavens Tear
    Divinie - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Yes there are a few others Frankie and ty for your attention to these matters. In addition to the Genie Exp Infuse, catshops or NPCs windows displaying goods still have that box off to the left side of the screen. If you need a picture, I can get one for you Frankie. Yes sometimes you have to be spot on with clicking where you want to go for the teleportation screen or you land in a totally different area. The search for Auction House has very big blocky letters, is there anyway to resize those? Bringing that up, can the font for mailbox items be less blocky as well and more designed to fit the size of the mailbox like it was before?

Once again thank you for your attention to these matters Frankie. I know how busy you must be! =D
  • Jamie_Rebecc - Dreamweaver
    Jamie_Rebecc - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I personally kind of like the new stuff. I mean, the font could use a little work. But it is a lot better on my eyes. I am so badly nearsighted that I can't really see anything anymore. (Anything about over a foot from my eyes I can't see. It blurs and It has no texture. Plus my glasses broke and my contacts dried up.) So it actully helps me. So <3 it. I just want you to change the font a little bit.

The only two things that annoys me is the common chat thing. I can't tell. And I get so confused over the name/text.
    Another thing, the genie bar. The stamina (The old blue bar that was now replaced with numbers.) Is all cluttered together. The bar is gone... I didn't even know I didn't have stamina then I died not being able to use Holy path without any stamina. So... bring back the blue bar please.

Other than that... its great. Just may I suggest a font slightly different from that one. May I suggest a new font like Kristian ITC, or Georgia.

Thanks Developers and GMs. My eyes don't strain as much anymore. b:pleased
    Jamie_Rebecc 9X - Herced/Nixed venomancer of Dreamweaver
    Actual join date: 3/16/2009

Half way there on getting my beamhoof slicer b:dirty

Ex-Factions: Crusaders, Dynasty, HDT
  • _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City
    _laDy__gAgaa - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    UI is quite fine, anyway we don't care much about UI but fix the most important issues that are TW and Twilight Temple Act III ASAP, this is killing the game.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Well it simply sucks. Sorry but it does. changing a chat system that was perfect into a mess. Thanks.

Its a good job the general PvP in the game hasnt been changed or id have dropped the game by now, its ugly (UI wise, the game itself is genrall beutiful still, thankfully), too hard to progress and glitch-filled.
  • Kitsunade - Lost City
    Kitsunade - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, how about that new UI?

Personally, I think it looks a lot cleaner, and the item linking is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

How about you guys?

(and please keep it clean in here)
    b:thanks

Update: I like the chatbox, but a lot of the menus could definitely use some work. Please keep up the opinions.

2nd update: The font in most of the menus has been fixed.

Answers: its horrible =-=

There's no need for labels or huge **** letters, no one is blind nor color blind to have any need for useless labels, its much more confusing and a mess in my opinion. The Personal Chat boxes are a huge mess, Before the update if you pressed a Function key the Chatbox would go idle and you could use any other command (I.E. wasd to move and such) now it just stays active and if you're chatting and pvping/grinding you get screwed, when i used to click on the box, away from the text bar, it would make it go Idle and not move me anywhere, Now if i click it i'm screwed cause it'll move me and this isn't good while you're asking a friend for info about a boss before fighting it, and back then if you clicked the ESC key it would automatically close the chat window, Now it just idles it and god help you if you try to use the Tab which goes Freaking random targeting, Atleast do the personal chat box right if anything at all, oh and the ESC key, FIX IT DAMN IT In order for it to do ANYTHING i need to leave it pressed down and wait a good time for it to react.

the ideal solution: CHANGE IT ALL BACK TO NORMAL!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I MEAN IT
  • Kitsunade - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I personally kind of like the new stuff. I mean, the font could use a little work. But it is a lot better on my eyes. I am so badly nearsighted that I can't really see anything anymore. (Anything about over a foot from my eyes I can't see. It blurs and It has no texture. Plus my glasses broke and my contacts dried up.) So it actully helps me. So <3 it. I just want you to change the font a little bit.

The only two things that annoys me is the common chat thing. I can't tell. And I get so confused over the name/text.
    Another thing, the genie bar. The stamina (The old blue bar that was now replaced with numbers.) Is all cluttered together. The bar is gone... I didn't even know I didn't have stamina then I died not being able to use Holy path without any stamina. So... bring back the blue bar please.

Other than that... its great. Just may I suggest a font slightly different from that one. May I suggest a new font like Kristian ITC, or Georgia.

Thanks Developers and GMs. My eyes don't strain as much anymore. b:pleased

Quit spending $ on the game and get some glasses... clearly you seem to need them
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The UI glitched on my comp yesterday. All the chat tags got removed for a certain time and then those came back. I wish I had screenshotted it, but I can tell you, if you only remove the tags it's even worse.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kitsunade - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    The UI glitched on my comp yesterday. All the chat tags got removed for a certain time and then those came back. I wish I had screenshotted it, but I can tell you, if you only remove the tags it's even worse.
    how exactly did you glitch it? cause i want to glitch mine -.-

No tags = Funny Jokes and World Chat pranks

Tags = Confusion and Joy Killing

TAKE EM OFF THEY'RE USELESS
    edited August 2010

When checking genie skills on the watcher of earth dude (hoover cursor over skill to see description) some of the skills pop up a text box that is so huge it plain and simple overflows the UI, some character skills like this guy's dragon bane do that as well

Rubber banding (as has been said already) is WAY out of control, there have been over 9000 new "rubberband" spots where your char can get stuck indefintely if you don't have aero, and not only over NPC's heads, several hills, staircases, trees

And chats tags are here to stay? can they at least be made OPTIONAL? not take them out, just a simple checkbox that says "chat tags" so you can choose tags or no tags
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

• frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    When checking genie skills on the watcher of earth dude (hoover cursor over skill to see description) some of the skills pop up a text box that is so huge it plain and simple overflows the UI, some character skills like this guy's dragon bane do that as well

Rubber banding (as has been said already) is WAY out of control, there have been over 9000 new "rubberband" spots where your char can get stuck indefintely if you don't have aero, and not only over NPC's heads, several hills, staircases, trees

And chats tags are here to stay? can they at least be made OPTIONAL? not take them out, just a simple checkbox that says "chat tags" so you can choose tags or no tags

1. Is this what you're talking about?

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/genietooltip.jpg/

Or is it worse than the one I selected for this screen shot?

2. Rubber-banding isn't a UI glitch, its more of a gameplay bug

3. Chat tags are here to stay-- they are considered to be working as intended. We will forward the suggestion to make them optional to the devs though.

Thanks for your feedback.
    edited August 2010
    More like this:

http://galeon.com/pukopolis/sample1.bmp

Note that i like to play in 800x600 resolution even when my monitor can stand up to 1200x800; the reason? if i choose max resolution the icons become stupidly tiny and it's hard to click them when i'm in panic (fighting 4 mobs at a time and needing an 8 seconds breathe of fresh air for example), i could see the descriptions just fine in that resolution before this new UI, now i can't, and i don't feel like changing to a resolution i don't like

Also, NPC dialog boxes now can overlap the map like this:

http://galeon.com/pukopolis/sample2.bmp

Map used to cover everything, also note that when you are selecting something and then another screen "gains focus" you can lose previous control of whatever you had selected, i know this is hard to explain or screenshot, since you can't see the impossibility to "interact" with something, so instead here's an example

-make a full squad (6 peeps)
    -move it near to your char window so you can see them all
    -summon your mount
    -try to move the squad window, the pet screen overlaps the squad screen which becomes "stuck" until you stow the pet, pet windows used to always stay in the background before the update and no one complained about that

• Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the genie bars still don't show anything if they are not full
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger radar.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2010

2. Rubber-banding isn't a UI glitch, its more of a gameplay feature

I thought this was the acceptable term for rubberbanding now..

I seen someone say it, but the mini map does need to be slightly bigger. It's so tiny and hidden in the corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger radar.

Protip: Tape a magnifying glass to the top right corner of your screen b:chuckle
  • Terasgift - Heavens Tear
    Terasgift - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i myself would like to see the rubber banding issue addressed and fixed. this has become more than a pain where a pill can't reach b:angry Seems every where i go anymore i rubberband till i jump back on my flying mount. (which as we know can't be done in an instance) Please ask our devs to address this problem as it has gotten beyond control.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the genie bars still don't show anything if they are not full

This drives me nuts. My genie ran out of stamina the other day and I had no idea... kept waiting and waiting for Extreme Poison to recharge so I could do something with Blackhole Devourer besides spam heal my pet, but apparently I had spammed that skill one too many times.

Bring back our colored bars!

And BOOOOO! Another patch and I *still* can't read the titles on my mail! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    3. Chat tags are here to stay-- they are considered to be working as intended.

thanks for suggesting that everyone that plays PWI is in special needs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.