Rubber Banding

Options
Bearleeable - Lost City
Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Support Desk
With the latest Patch Rubber Banding seems to be back with a vengeance.
Can we please get this fixed. It has never gone away completely but at least was tolerable as it was infrequent. Now its constant.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Bearleeable - Lost City on

Comments

• Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Known issue for a long time, despite recently becoming worse than ever. I highly doubt the devs will ever consider fixing it.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding me? Rubber banding is an integral and important part of this game! Why would the devs put any sort of time and effort into removing something like rubberbanding, when they can use that time and effort, instead, to add in more things to break the game, ruin it's economy, and increase the difficulty in not relying on the boutique? Why would they work on anything that doesn't somehow end up filling their pockets? After all, they are our superiors, as well as rich Chinamen that deserve our submission to their rule, and they deserve our devoted regular mass cash-shopping, for giving us all of the absolutely wonderful recent updates and "fixes"b:kiss
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • baalrunner
    baalrunner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    srry for asking, but what is 'rubberbanding' ?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    baalrunner wrote: »
    srry for asking, but what is 'rubberbanding' ?

It's the polite way of describing the type of motion you get when you fap fap fap under the desk at work.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:surrender im not one to moan about general glitches and stuff devs do, but i do have to say this rubberbanding is getting stupid now.

Llike i was afking at top of west gate like i do, i see someone i wanted to kill out sz, i jump down and spend the next 2 mins bouncing up and down and not moving atall... and he got away b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's the polite way of describing the type of motion you get when you fap fap fap under the desk at work.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding me? Rubber banding is an integral and important part of this game!
    Yes it is, it's supposed to prevent hacking and stuff. Maybe it got worse on chinese servers so they tweaked it and made it more aggressive. Just trying to be realistic.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i submitted a ticket about the recent exploding of rubber banding.. worse than ever. and they'r askign for dxdiag.. i'm amazed.. it happens to every1 and gm's alrdy saidlast time rubber band went crazy ( genie patch) that it was something with engine not handling it well. and it happen to every1, so dont see why support need dxdiag. lol guess its half automated standard reply to ticket.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

lmao b:cute b:victory
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i submitted a ticket about the recent exploding of rubber banding.. worse than ever. and they'r askign for dxdiag.. i'm amazed.. it happens to every1 and gm's alrdy saidlast time rubber band went crazy ( genie patch) that it was something with engine not handling it well. and it happen to every1, so dont see why support need dxdiag. lol guess its half automated standard reply to ticket.

That's their way of showing they "give a damn". When we obviously aren't idiots. And they clearly don't give a damn.
    OmgPwnage
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol....
    must .. resist...troll...

The dxdiag actually WILL help them with it and they need it to have any chance in locating the issue because if you try to fix a bug you need to know ALL the given circumstances.

It is the first thing you learn as a game tester.^^
    And if you want it fixed you could kindly take 5 min of your time and help them locate the issue by writeing to the support like Heartstone and send them the requested dxdiag.^^

Resist roll: passed!b:victory
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol....
    must .. resist...troll...

The dxdiag actually WILL help them with it and they need it to have any chance in locating the issue because if you try to fix a bug you need to know ALL the given circumstances.

It is the first thing you learn as a game tester.^^
    And if you want it fixed you could kindly take 5 min of your time and help them locate the issue by writeing to the support like Heartstone and send them the requested dxdiag.^^

Resist roll: passed!b:victory

They could also just log into the game and get it themselves.

Wait, they probably dont even know how to move...
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No a dxdiag wont help.
    its happening to everyone, so how would a dxdiag from one user with a single set of information help them?
    They need to fix it for everyone, not just that guys setup.

It is a fundamental issue, I mean - there are plenty of things wrong with the game, but rubber banding is actually an issue with MOVING, which lets face it, is the most fundamental/ basic/ important part of the game - in fact of any game like this.

And yes it has been worse than ever before. sometimes I just band right in the middle of the sky, and have to re-activate my wings to fall down! The other day I banded back into a hand circle in TT and died! If you are at ALL fixing bugs, I think this should be your #1 priority!
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And I thought the computer hated me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary18
    //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary18 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah i noticed today that for the 1st time in a while i had some hardcore rubber banding going on, including one session that lasted like 5 mins, on the bright side, the whole time it looked like i was humping this chicks cleric so i actually laughed most of the 5 mins b:chuckle
    my post count always resets to 1b:victory
    also have a wiz named hysteria on dreamweaver
    lolumad??
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ur telling me the rubber banding is bad, its freaking sad beyond belife, at the BH guy, i was heading back to west on my mount, so i run off the platform towards the bridge, as i hit the floor, i appeared back up again and again about 15 times, stoped moving for about 5 seconds, then tried again and i kept appearing back, had to get off my freaking mount while locked in the air and onto my wings just to touch the floor,

as i was going forward again finaly, i saw one person meditating in the air, obv he rubber banded like mental, prob thought bugger it and meditated in the air afk.

broken game is broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Only way to avoid this is get your flying mount as close to the landing ground as you can and then hit the fly button to land. You won't glitch... for now....until they **** it up more...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I rubberband, anywhere now.

I used to only get it when I landed on top of NPCs from WQ and such, but now, I get it from rocks, buildings, even jumping around alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I rubberband, anywhere now.

I used to only get it when I landed on top of NPCs from WQ and such, but now, I get it from rocks, buildings, even jumping around alot.

You're a big fuzzy barb. Tis why. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes it is, it's supposed to prevent hacking and stuff. Maybe it got worse on chinese servers so they tweaked it and made it more aggressive. Just trying to be realistic.
    Naw, if they're capable of real hacking and not glitching, rubberbanding isn't going to slow them down.
  • Kitsunade - Lost City
    Kitsunade - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Altho rubberbanding is a pain in the butt when kiting someone or something it does provide a bit of entertainment

for example, getting rubber banded at 78 Height

this is funny as hell especially if you open a Vendor at that height

rubber banding is also helpful against assassins, you get stuck in the air just stay there, it'll for the assassin to fly, thus nerfing his dmg and making him prone to other people to attack him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I MEAN IT
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    After the patch, it's got considerably worse when u land on top of an npc... it can take quite a few tries to stop rubberbanding back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Alright guys, let's see your systems.

Also, where in the world are you? Who is your ISP?

Dxdiag info:

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Copy and paste the top half of your dxdiag into your forum post (that means 50% of the text). If you have Vista, please take out the (TM) (the trademark symbol) out of the text file, as the forums will cut it off and won't display the rest of the text.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file. This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

We'll take a look at it, and offer our advice (or our super cool and helpful community might beat us to answering things for you).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    While I completely doubt that it's our computers/location/isp because this began during the preparations for Age of Spirits, I might as well cooperate with this.

Here goes wall 'o text:

Edit: Insanely huge, looking somewhere to upload log instead.

Edit 2: Here it is
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Zairi - Dreamweaver
    Zairi - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well im just a trainee game designer and a tester, my hubby is a game programmer and this bug is not something you can fix easy.

A friend runs PWI on Windows XP and has way less problems with rubber banding. It isnt gone but its only half as bad as on my PC and i run it on Vista.
    She also has a very diffrent network connection and setting but i dont know the details.
    So far your system info is never useless for bug fixing.
    Only because it shows itself as a moovement problem it can also be a problem with how lag is handeled. Im sure alot more but like i stated im not the real expert, also i didnt programm PW, which kinda means i have no clue, just like some others here, so i guess i have to trust them that the info they ask for is the info they need or it atleast helps them. :P

I just send the support ticket. ^^

Sorry for my bad english.
  • cocey
    cocey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The part I hate most is that once you land on top of a NPC, (to be specific, stop 22 in world quest, as an example), you could never get down with your legs. The only way is to get on your fly mount, move away and land. Very annoying.
  • I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary
    I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hundreds of people can't be wrong...oh, wait, this is PWI. Guess they can.

Are you guys seriously gonna ask for and review hundreds (or thousands) of dxdiag logs and submit individual solutions rather than admit the patch before last screwed the pooch and do something about it?

Fix the computers one by one instead of fixing the game. Now THAT makes sense.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just for their piece of mind I sent in a ticket with said dxdiag log, and they told me nothing is wrong with my pc, so using the process of elimination, what's left?

Something with the game... =x

Getting pretty out of hand, its fine on a majority on my alts since i can get out just by flying, but on my alts that are below 30 and can't fly yet... its very frustrating to get out... I have to log in/out. I shouldn't have to do that. :/

They did ask for a screenshot, but what are they going to deduce from what location, and when it's a 'still' picture that wont tell the story of what's happening? << xD

I really don't think it's on our end PWE. << xD

Good luck fixing this bug PWE. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They've actually tried to pass off that the rubberbanding was put in to stop cheating/hacking b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I will make a sticky for you all to post some information in.

No one posted their dxdiags here as requested, which makes researching these things, and passing it on to QA and the devs difficult without data.

Please see the sticky I am posting in a few minutes here in Tech Support.

Thanks! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera