Crafted 17 weapons for Blacksmith 4, only 1 has been 2 star...

Ashivas - Dreamweaver
Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
edited August 2010 in The Crafting Nook
Normal?

Or wtf is going on... I'm out 2 million coins and i'm not even close to being done with this stupid bullsh*t...

Oh and i'm not exaggerating, 17 weapons, i'm counting... Only one 2* weapon...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
Post edited by Ashivas - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I've heard of much worse luck. I've known people to get all 3 in 4 tries - and I've known people to take 40+ tries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    I've heard of much worse luck. I've known people to get all 3 in 4 tries - and I've known people to take 40+ tries.

It really sucks. I just want my level 4 quests done. Think I might just get craftsman 4 first, much cheaper.

Well... Good to know i'm not the only one getting shafted from this quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AKshaYa - Archosaur
    AKshaYa - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I tried also so many times and wasted so much coin that made me decide to buy the blacksmith skills in the catshop.

And even at level 7 blacksmith skills, the probability of producing plain white weapons is very high for a weapon that requires level 1 blacksmith b:cry.
  • nilarin
    nilarin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I agree its tough to do those lvl 4 Quests. I did all three and hunted high and low to stockpile mats without having to buy too many.
    However, when you progress to lvl 6 quests its a whole lot worse. Every one requires a lot of glaze... It doesn't drop much from mobs and people charge 15-25k per piece...
    I used 150 pieces just for my lvl 6 tailor quest and I haven't even got the other two started yet.
    Good luck with your crafting...
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Eh, I guess I broke even. I gave up on B/S 4, tried out Craftsman 4 lol, got all 3 in like 8 or 9 tries.

So now B/Sing is the only skill I don't have at 4 yet >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, similar here. Blacksmith and Tailor have some common materials, and Tailor ate all my supply plus a lot of stuff I had to buy from players since it kept failing... haven't even started Blacksmith yet due to it's huge material requirements (like 12 rough fur or something like that for 1 try).

The whole system is stupid, but PW isn't the only game with that kind of ****. Even seen worse.

Removing the level penalties on drops would also help. I mean, why would monster "x" not pick up a rough fur when he leaves the house just because halfway through the day he'll be killed by a higher level player? How does it know that? If anything, higher level players should get a BETTER drop chance --- after all, they hit more precisely, getting faster kills, thus having a lower chance to destroy items during the fight.

I've been teaching my Eldergroth Marksman some moves on Dawns Island --- and despite being there for quite a few levels now, my supply of Compound Oils hasn't grown as much as I had hoped :-( Unfortunately, I'll have to leave that place soon...
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Yea, the decreased drop rate for higher levels is probably the dumbest part of the game. The decreased exp makes sense, but the drops? How does that sound like a smart idea to someone?

And yea, I got tailor 4 really easy, I even sold my wraith robe on accident, and made another one 1st try lol. Craftsman was also easy, But B/S... Man something about it. Just irritates me >,.,>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yea, the decreased drop rate for higher levels is probably the dumbest part of the game. The decreased exp makes sense, but the drops? How does that sound like a smart idea to someone?

Prevents high levels from mass farming low level mobs for drops.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Prevents high levels from mass farming low level mobs for drops.

And?

If drops were more common they wouldn't be worth more than their weight in coins. So farming them would be pointless. There's no reason that B/S 4 should cost me 3 million coins. And i'm not even done. Still need those other 2 weapons.

Learning skills, refining, and sharding are expensive enough. Is making crafting as expensive as possible really necessary?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well im trying to get lvl 4 blacksmith too but ive been looking in AH for the weapons..i think its real funny cause all the 2star weps r worth 400k but all 3 star weps r worth like 100k-200k im like wow gonna cost me 1.2m? haha syk u did lie
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Wow you're lucky. In Dreamweaver the weapons for B/S 4 cost like 1 million coins.

400k? That's a bargain! It costs 185k just to buy the mats to try and craft 1 single weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well I found crafting them to be not tooo bad. B/S was the first I tried to level and that was painful. I did did craftsman in about 12 items. A good tip ive found is to make 4-5 in a row usually one in the middle will be 2 star. Now im trying for lvl 6 of everything (thats cost me millions so far b:shocked) and only tailor is leveled. WEll if you guys really need something made asap pm me ingame and I can try to help out. (flyingkea on DW)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It really depends on your luck. I remember crafting for my Tailor lvl 6 and 3/5 of the items needed came out 2 star on the first try. Sometimes you do end up unlucky though...like my Blacksmith 4......horrible memories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Pearlheart - Lost City
    Pearlheart - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And?

If drops were more common they wouldn't be worth more than their weight in coins. So farming them would be pointless. There's no reason that B/S 4 should cost me 3 million coins. And i'm not even done. Still need those other 2 weapons.

Learning skills, refining, and sharding are expensive enough. Is making crafting as expensive as possible really necessary?

Well, you do realize PWI needs to make money and those mats are for sale at the boutique.

Of course the other alternative is to make a number of alts you just use for farming and banking; not leveling by training genies (with all your exp) or dying as necessary to stay at the 'best level for farming'.
    My preference is the higher levels get more drops per kill, because they will get what they need and then go on to bigger game.Some items: such as grease, you only seem to find as a very low level. Of course you only need it for a very short time but I found I needed it for longer than I was able to gather it without intentionally losing exp (or feeding it to my genie.) I tried both ways, what I would call legitimately; harvesting with the char that was going to actually use it and "cheating" by making an alt to gather the rest that I needed. I now have one char of each race of different levels of course.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    It's weird, but Blacksmith 4 has taken 19 tries, and I'm still not done.

But Craftsman 4 and 6 took a total of 19 tries combined for me to finish. Lol... 9 for level 4, and 10 for level 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Any time, on any account of mine, whenever I had to make 3 2* things to raise a crafting lvl, I always got each of them on the first try..
  • ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1. Crafting skills are useless. unless you are vain enough to want your name on your equipment or anti-social enough not to have a trustworthy person to craft your stuff.
    That's why they are so expensive. Not everyone has to get them, a couple of friends can farm them easily and get each one skill.

2. You don't have to farm the mats yourself. Have you ever been in west arch? If you consider a mat overpriced then:
    Find how much money you can gain in 1h (TT,DQ,whatever) --> X
    Calculate how many mobs you can kill in 1h
    Find how much mats you would get (optimum level) (average) --> Y
    X/Y is the price you should pay for 1 mat

3. You can even buy the required item directly from other players/ use the boutique item

All in all it's the same with refining. You can get +12 with 12 mirages if you are lucky. You can spend all your mirages and stay at 0.
    If you dont like to gamble buy the skill, you don't have to spend real money
    You said that you spent 3mil? that's ~7gold

Oh and about the reduced drop chance? lol, dq prices should be reduced to almost zero otherwise anyone would be able to make millions in a few minutes
    Printing money is not a solution
    main: psy94
    how about having fun instead of expecting the worse?b:thanks
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    1. Crafting skills are useless. unless you are vain enough to want your name on your equipment or anti-social enough not to have a trustworthy person to craft your stuff.
    That's why they are so expensive. Not everyone has to get them, a couple of friends can farm them easily and get each one skill.

2. You don't have to farm the mats yourself. Have you ever been in west arch? If you consider a mat overpriced then:
    Find how much money you can gain in 1h (TT,DQ,whatever) --> X
    Calculate how many mobs you can kill in 1h
    Find how much mats you would get (optimum level) (average) --> Y
    X/Y is the price you should pay for 1 mat

3. You can even buy the required item directly from other players/ use the boutique item

All in all it's the same with refining. You can get +12 with 12 mirages if you are lucky. You can spend all your mirages and stay at 0.
    If you dont like to gamble buy the skill, you don't have to spend real money
    You said that you spent 3mil? that's ~7gold

Oh and about the reduced drop chance? lol, dq prices should be reduced to almost zero otherwise anyone would be able to make millions in a few minutes
    Printing money is not a solution

What are you rambling about? DQ has nothing to do with this post, neither do mirages. And i'm not paying real money for a skill. If i'm required to spend real money to get something I should be able to get from playing, then this game isn't f2p now is it. Cashshopping should be for extra amenities, like charms, not for skills I should be able to attain by playing the game normally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRC - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    DQ has nothing to do with this post

unless you meant that only the mat drop rate should stay the same
    And i'm not paying real money for a skill. If i'm required to spend real money to get something I should be able to get from playing, then this game isn't f2p now is it. Cashshopping should be for extra amenities, like charms, not for skills I should be able to attain by playing the game normally.

do you know that you can buy gold with coins and buy the pack with that gold?

One way:
    Get mats (farming them directly or with coins)
    Make the required armour

Second way:
    Buy the required armour with coins

Third way:
    Buy gold with coins
    Buy the pack

All of them are completely f2p
    Now, if you are "hardcore" and want to "gain" the skill and not "buy" you should also want it to be hard and a real challenge imho. Otherwise, what's the point?

All in all, crafting skill = coins. you can choose the story but in the end you just pay some coins. And since time = money = zen = gold = coins you ARE paying IRL money.
    some grind IRL, some grind in game, that's all

sorry i went a bit offtopic
    main: psy94
    how about having fun instead of expecting the worse?b:thanks