ping 200-300+ daily

eriyos
eriyos Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Support Desk
I lve in Eu (Denmark) and play at harshland server as it is the less latency for me.

I play PW before as before rising tide release, atm, my pint is 50-70.

and now i am back with rising tide relase, my ping is gone up to 200-300 that i cant kitte at all with archer. Is there a way i can fix it ? or my best bet is wait until fix ?
Post edited by eriyos on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There could be intermittent internet service or throttling occurring regionally between your computer and our servers. Please restart your PC and networking gear and try again later.

You can check out what could be going on in the world with Internet connections here: http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sailren - Harshlands
    Sailren - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    done, and still dont work, other solution ?

i am sure this isnt my connect fault i play Jade dynasty at peak time and my ping is at 30ms
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2010
    Whenever I get heavy lag like that I use VisualRoute to run a trace and find out where the lag is coming from. For me it Typically ends up being a router in Colorado or a span a cross 4 routers in Euless, Texas. (Which is kinda funny because that's near where I grew up, and I know how cheap the local ma bell service is there.) Aside from that, I find that about 95% of the time it has nothing to do with PWI, or their servers/network. It's usually a fault somewhere in between me and them. Also note, from Denmark to California, anything under 400 I would consider pretty good considering the distance, number of hops, and the trunk line across the pond. Where are the JD servers located? East coast maybe?

Edit: BTW, I'm in Michigan now, and happy with the normal avg of 70-150 for ping, with it spiking to 400 during rush hour. No lag here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sailren - Harshlands
    Sailren - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Whenever I get heavy lag like that I use VisualRoute to run a trace and find out where the lag is coming from. For me it Typically ends up being a router in Colorado or a span a cross 4 routers in Euless, Texas. (Which is kinda funny because that's near where I grew up, and I know how cheap the local ma bell service is there.) Aside from that, I find that about 95% of the time it has nothing to do with PWI, or their servers/network. It's usually a fault somewhere in between me and them. Also note, from Denmark to California, anything under 400 I would consider pretty good considering the distance, number of hops, and the trunk line across the pond. Where are the JD servers located? East coast maybe?

Edit: BTW, I'm in Michigan now, and happy with the normal avg of 70-150 for ping, with it spiking to 400 during rush hour. No lag here.

i ll say that its weird, cos forif i remember right is last year when i play PW as before rising tide release, my ping is no where pass 100 and i got only 2mb back then, now i got 4mb/1mb. just notice yesterday that even the ping say 200+ but aslong it say (smooth) my char can use skill when i click on it, just notice it when i try to kitte with archer
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ..dream about low pings across ocean o0

it s normal to have 200+ from eu

my pnig is 300-700 b:shocked
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    http://gallery.mmoguildsites.com/img208566.png

this is taken from a guildie 2 days ago b:chuckle

i live in denmark too and my ping is normally around the 400-500