edited August 2010 in Assassin
Which skill is better for PVP? PVE?
Post edited by fimio on

Comments

• NightHavoc - Heavens Tear
    NightHavoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    it is better be safe than Sorry right
    Tidal protection Gives a chance of evading Skill effects like stuns, slow etc
    Focused Mind Gives a chance of evading Enemy skills
    WTF
    That what Spell Caster Say when u literally take 1 damage from their spells that dont Miss
    So isn't it obvious..
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    TP is almost useless since you already have maze steps.
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well the answer is... both.

It just deppend on who/what ur facing.

PvE ex.
    If ur tank for FB59 or 79 or bosses who actually dont debuff for sure tidal protection is useless and focused mind come first here.
    But if ur going to tank fb69 pole and nob or krimson eye or gargantong king etc tidal protection is muuuch better. Without debuff they actually dont hit that hard and its easy to survive so this 25% chance to evade dmg is not that necessary, and 50% to evade debuff its what can save ur life since ur on 2-3 hits with debuffs (with deaden nerves) cuz they can hit for 7-8k and its rare for sin to get that much hp. It just deppend on boss/mobs abillities.

For PvP...
    Same as above... for bm i would use tidal protection, its fun to see them using 2-3 stun skills and u wont get actually stunned or hf and u wont get debuff and well stun = dead mostly unless ur lucky to evade few hits in row with focused its just example. Another one.. when u face barb i think focused is better, they dont have actually that many stunns or skills with negative effects and its just priceless to see when barb do crit with armageddon... and hits u for 1 or wizzard using best spell and again lucky crit... for 1 dmg.

Just think more about ur enemy and what will be more effective against him so neither is better/worse.

Its just my opinion.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    volst wrote: »

1 Minute > 10 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
    edited August 2010
    1 Minute > 10 seconds.

And Saves a precious that u need to waste in some thing else
  • Lumecia - Raging Tide
    Lumecia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Focused Mind for me because seeing that 1 dmg from time to time gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :3
    edited August 2010
    Focused Mind for me because seeing that 1 dmg from time to time gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :3

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Yus that 1 damage is sure nice :D
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    PvP = Focused mind. (QQ 25% be seriously too high >.>' along with their 2nd life....) & maze step can be used to cover your ****.
    PvE = Focused mind......literally translates to 25% less damage......also how many mobs do you know that stuns/slows? (and besides, most mob slow slows move speed only...but you be a melee char so you be already next to the target so...ya....)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    PvP = Focused mind. (QQ 25% be seriously too high >.>' along with their 2nd life....) & maze step can be used to cover your ****.
    PvE = Focused mind......literally translates to 25% less damage......also how many mobs do you know that stuns/slows? (and besides, most mob slow slows move speed only...but you be a melee char so you be already next to the target so...ya....)

b:laughb:laugh
    I luv the look on those wizards when we take 1 damage
    and Besides the only mobs that I know and Stun are Torgirns and hexocolots...lol
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i see my target

i sage spark > undine strike > whisper > sage black ice dragon strike > extreme poison > frenzy > and OMG I CRIT...for 1 damage.

tele stun, wtf pwnd

blue name 4evab:cry
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • GetPoked - Sanctuary
    GetPoked - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    only 1 place i will always use tidal protection instead of focused mind, and that is soloing the second boss in fcc, trying to avoid the bubble
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Of course i chose the 1 damage, more epic than avoiding bad status.
    Basically another assassin life insurance . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Most of time I prefer Focused Mind but Tidal Protection has its uses in many cases in PvE too. No not just FC 2nd boss you have to think smart and you'll realize a lot of bosses would be easier with Tidal on.

What comes in my mind atm:

- Nirvana seals
    - AoE sleeps in FC and TT
    - Stuns and other negative effects from soloing some Delta bosses while party kills last group of the wave
    - Many cases of Poison mobs and bosses.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited August 2010
    Most of time I prefer Focused Mind but Tidal Protection has its uses in many cases in PvE too. No not just FC 2nd boss you have to think smart and you'll realize a lot of bosses would be easier with Tidal on.

What comes in my mind atm:

- Nirvana seals
    - AoE sleeps in FC and TT
    - Stuns and other negative effects from soloing some Delta bosses while party kills last group of the wave
    - Many cases of Poison mobs and bosses.

Sounds True..
    edited August 2010
    i see my target

i sage spark > undine strike > whisper > sage black ice dragon strike > extreme poison > frenzy > and OMG I CRIT...for 1 damage.

tele stun, wtf pwnd

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    This is life..
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i see my target

tele stun, wtf pwnd

It gets worse.
    Target sin > expel sin > 3spark stuf and 1shot sin > deaden nerves purifys the seal > 3spark still on hit gush > die nooooooooooob... 1 dmg, get stunned and pwnd b:surrender
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yep it sucks when you one shot the sin for like 15k dmg......and their 2nd life kicks in....
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    This is life..

no, that's a game, and it's the result of a half brain dead and desperate management introducing an expansion with classes not thoroughly tested and balanced in the hope of ppl investing RL cash from both sides: One to survive and One to be even more overpowered.

Reality check: people with skills and brain to use them won't be pwned by ppl with half a brain, no skills and a baseball bat.
  • NoXide_ - Heavens Tear
    NoXide_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    also how many mobs do you know that stuns/slows?

hell/heaven mobs, Curse/phys def debuff and all over kind of things
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It gets worse.
    Target sin > expel sin > 3spark stuf and 1shot sin > deaden nerves purifys the seal > 3spark still on hit gush > die nooooooooooob... 1 dmg, get stunned and pwnd b:surrender

Too bad you can't expel us anymoar. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010

At least some of you are nice enough to forget about most of your survival buffs before attacking wizards. Always makes me happy for a sin to attack me from stealth without any of these buffs on or deaden nerves.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    At least some of you are nice enough to forget about most of your survival buffs before attacking wizards. Always makes me happy for a sin to attack me from stealth without any of these buffs on or deaden nerves.

shutup you tell them our only chance to beat a sin

a brain dead cocky oneb:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Well concidering you have to actively change something in your PvP settings, most blue names in room 14 'forget' to put on the filter b:victory
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    volst wrote: »
    1. you know you can use both right?
    2. maze steps only makes you immune to movement debuffs, while TP can make you dodge things like Bleed, - Resistance debuffs, poison, and the like.

Personally i like Focused mind, for most of the things stated ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool