Why is it so hard to guide?

Nept - Heavens Tear
Nept - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
I looked over the post and people have a HARD time to put it simple for people when it comes to Tank build.

All you say is "put enough in str and dex so you can use axe and heavy armor...

All other classes have people that made a guide what to do at each lvl or every 2nd lvl with your stats.

Example:
Just like if you make a Cleric: 7Mag 1Str 2Vit every 2nd lvl

BM: 3Str 2Dex each lvl.

Wiz: 1Str 1Dex 3Mag each lvl.

Why is it so hard to say that in a guide to build a Tank?
Post edited by Nept - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Um because the guide focus on having more hp as tank ?
    Maybe the guide maker rather say enough str and dex for equipment than regular point each lv because equipment needs can vary each lv and the build is mean for more hp.
    I think that was clear enough . .

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Nept - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    So even tho, that there are so many that have made it to 100+ there is still no tank out there, that could say how much we need...

Weird no?

We see so many that QQ about they want more tanks in this world and yet again people dont see why there are so little of them ingame?

Maybe cause of the less guideness?
  • Irda - Raging Tide
    Irda - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So even tho, that there are so many that have made it to 100+ there is still no tank out there, that could say how much we need...

Weird no?

We see so many that QQ about they want more tanks in this world and yet again people dont see why there are so little of them ingame?

Here you have a guide with all the str and dex requirements for weapons and armors. Put the points left in vit, it's not so hard :)http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63271

But if you want you can put: 6 str, 3 vit, 1 dex every 2 levels
  • Nept - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Here you have a guide with all the str and dex requirements for weapons and armors. Put the points left in vit, it's not so hard :)http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63271

But if you want you can put: 6 str, 3 vit, 1 dex every 2 levels

Thanks for the stats :)

Now about that guide, sry to say, but he is a bit off look at the numbers "37 110 26 54"

There it says you need 110Str 26Dex at lvl37 right? uhm thats so wrong cause the lvl37 Dual axe you need 113Str 23Dex.

So am i reading that wrong or am i right?
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Some of the numbers are a bit off, but generally the guide is right. Although I found that it leaves 5 stat points unaccounted for.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps there is no definitive guide because we barbs have the luxury of not needing to follow a "set in stone" build.

Fuzzy has seen all types of barbs.. hp build for pulling catas, str hybrids (like himself) for both catas and kicking ****/taking names, dex builds for busting heads and chopping people up with claws...

There are many different ways to build your barb at end game.

To think a guide can offer you a "put 3 points here and 2 others over there" approach that will work 100% of the time is, in Fuzzy's opinion, not a good place to start from.

The idea of allocating enough points for weapon and armour is indeed good advice to begin with but once you hit around lvl 60, a barb should have a good understanding of what they want to be when they grow up and simply start to put their points where required for the build they want.

A guide, no matter how good, can't match simple experience.

...Fuzzy just saying.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you are looking at a pure vit built:

"look at wep and HA requirements and rest to vit" is the built! There are no simple stat distribution that can match the variety of weapons throughout the game.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    3 str, 2 vit on even levels, 3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit on odd levels.

Or 6/3/1 every 2 levels.

Happy now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps there is no definitive guide because we barbs have the luxury of not needing to follow a "set in stone" build.

Fuzzy has seen all types of barbs.. hp build for pulling catas, str hybrids (like himself) for both catas and kicking ****/taking names, dex builds for busting heads and chopping people up with claws...

There are many different ways to build your barb at end game.

To think a guide can offer you a "put 3 points here and 2 others over there" approach that will work 100% of the time is, in Fuzzy's opinion, not a good place to start from.

The idea of allocating enough points for weapon and armour is indeed good advice to begin with but once you hit around lvl 60, a barb should have a good understanding of what they want to be when they grow up and simply start to put their points where required for the build they want.

A guide, no matter how good, can't match simple experience.

...Fuzzy just saying.

b:thanks

Fuzzy's right.

Just remember there are different builds for different endgame weapons...depending upon what one considers an endgame weapon. Sometimes you may need to add an extra point or two into strength, others a point into dex. That's why there's no set build.

And it's amazing that barbs are so flexible in their builds. We can do a great deal of things with our build and still have amazing HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I personally follow my own thinkings of a build and it works really good to me. So why should i post it so everybody can "fake" it. I just say its based on my gear - so its hard to fake though.
    Use your brain and create an own build.
    When this game came out nobody had any guides and builds to follow.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Baalbak follows the following equation he posts in every new thread that asks about build guides:

STR = Your Level * 3 / 2
    DEX = Your Level / 2 + 4 (round up to nearest whole number)
    VIT = remaining unused points

which translates into... 6 str, 3 vit, 1 dex every 2 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    build depend on 2 things

The Endgame armor that you wanted

The Endgame Weapon that you wanted.

take the requirements you need divide it by the levels you get them
    probably level 100.

thats how much you need to put in on average for your stats per level.

Anything else is up to you.

Want to do more damage?
    Add Strength

Want more HP?
    Add Vit

Want more accuracy and critical?
    Add dex

Want to be unique and spam your skills like no tomorrow?
    Add magic <-- not recommended though..

The only class that i feel has more headache on builds then us if wanted is veno because with pet.. almost all builds are playable.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol at above..

I played a veno for 72 levels and got bored of it one day then deleted it. IMO its hard to mess a veno up as far as pve goes. you could pretty much go all magic and wear no gear at all and never get hit o.0, or go heavy and wear a noob weapon, or go fist, or w/e. venos can just sit back and let the pet do all the work for them in pve. PK otoh is another matter all together.

but yeah... so that im on topic here --- no mag on barb. its pretty much pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle

deleted it? omg.. isnt that a bit over kill to do to a lvl 74?

magic barb are very rare.. haven seen one yet? :p

i saw a magic BM though
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Stressss - Sanctuary
    Stressss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just put your points for armor and the rest for 3 vit and 2 str. b:pleased
  • HarmlessWolf - Lost City
    HarmlessWolf - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Weird no?

You need to stop demanding things and just figure it out for yourself if you want to get all upset about it. You should be thankful that there are actually players out there who put their time and effort into making guides for you to follow. Furthermore, in ALMOST ANY class, following a strict 3-1-1 type pattern for attribute allocation will yield worse than optimal results, and a few wasted attributes that would do more good elsewhere. Stop being lazy, and put your points properly.