Things you don't want to hear a high level say (all classes).

Options

Comments

• swangod
    swangod Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Or when your LvL 80 Cleric says "I only have a lvl 1 rez"
    Lmao....way to go LeroyJerkins.....Dremweaver server!!
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "There is an OHT Daily?" < Me. >.>
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "What's wrong with being a LA barb? I can still tank!"
    PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD. It's a great learning tool.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...slightly off topic, but because so many veno's dont play well.....ALL VENO'S READ MY THREAD "I DONT WANNA BE A FAIL VENO' then you wont find yourself the subject of this thread. (thread discusses actually using skills besides pet)

Venomancers have other skills than Heal pet? :o
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    Hurin - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lvl 70+ BM [sword]: "Fists suck, they're so weak!"
    Me, still at lvl 50: "Yes, but they hit fast enough to make up for it, even with only one -interval piece [which I have]"
    Other guy: "-_-"

We duel...he dies....
    Now good part:

Him: "Dude! Stunning is cheating!" [WHAT class ARE YOU?!?!]
    Me: "-_-"

edit:
    Why is it that so many psychics and wizards don't know what I mean when I say, "Hold back a bit at the beginning so I can build agg"? Do they think that because they are magic classes they can't get agg? Or do they just not know what agg is?
    And WHY have i only EVER seen one veno amp bosses? Is it so hard to switch to fox form and prance in there and jump on him for a few seconds? I don't ask this for bosses with aoes, but the ones who don't aoe at all, wouldn't it be nice if I someone could amp MY sparks, since I'm always amping yours?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yes, they have Revive Pet and their Teleport to town skill.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear
    ITzxAxVeno - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    pffft i have a veno on dreamweaver that doeent use a pet, or skills. its all meelee. and i made her fast enough to deal damage quick enough.

and yes venos do have skills....

lvl 9 veno scarab spam is my skill b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sig pic by Dorset b:thanks
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2010-06-1820-46-06.jpg

...Chatbox says it all.
  • Poscydine - Archosaur
    Poscydine - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Hey I am a level 90 barb and can tank Krimson and with my magic at 150 I should be able to strike him down, you know like Harry Potter" LOL
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yes we do indeed. The other skill is called Summer Spirit; it's a self-buff that reduces the time between pet-heal sessions.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How about one high leveled player... acting like another high leveled player doesn't know how to play their OWN class. <<

^ I had a pretty bad experience with that recently.

91 archer rambling on about it being his alt.... and me not listening when it was too late to adjust to what he asked... then he said something about me not stunning the mobs. (which I assume the ***** wanted me to stun before they even got in.) Which is pretty understandable... but meh I got kicked right after the first pull, even though I pulled in fc about a hundred times, and the clerics that bb'ed for me RARELY died... like maybe 1 time out of 20 =x... have had some pretty bad experience with players in general since my return... well this and one other that I can think off. =x

Meh some people.... really need to work on their observation skills instead of telling other people what to do... actually yell is more like it. =x

Anyways back to that other game I have been playing! xd
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pretty much anyone: "hypers in boutique agent are the best thing since sliced bread"

Wizzy: drop BB and rez that archer, i will heal the tank (true story, on 1-3 drummer DURING AOE)
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On the way to a BH run. We were talking about money for some reason.

Veno: i just spent 200k.
    Me: On what? Pet skills?
    Veno: oracles and heal

b:sweat
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this was about 10 levels ago for me.

high 8x arcane wiz who had just been killed by ofotis "why werent you healing me"

me "I was healing you you were taking damage too fast"

him "you should be able to keep up"

me "why didnt you move when you stole aggro in melee range"

him "I can tank him in melee"

wispers from one of his faction member who was in squad to other faction members (the dominant tw faction) "this guy is such an idiot"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    From Veno on tt 1-3:

On Drum:
    Veno: he got aoe (bb was up)
    Me: yes but we got bb
    Veno: im not coming closer i will wait till u kill him

On Banisher:
    When bb was up and everyone were atking... there is sometimes bug that showes that bb is going down but its not, when this veno saw that bb is off she just run away on holy path from banisher room and said she dont come back bcuz cleric cancel bb.

Not to mention she didnt knew how to put off pet aggro skills and what debuffs/amp is.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Guy who sold me the account never said anything about having to level up skills..."
  • Vortexer - Lost City
    Vortexer - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "i can turn n2 a tigah/"

^have not actually heard a barb say this, and hopefully never will b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    in an fcc many many lvls ago had a barb that kept wanting me to run ahead of him(thru lots of mobs) and set up bb before he got there.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Btw... lvl98 barbs are supposed to have more than 12k hp buffed, no?

Speaking of which. Shouldn't a level 88 barb have more than 7k HP buffed? He was hard to keep healed

-____-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Kyzyl - Raging Tide
    Kyzyl - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    SaintToadElf is right, this should be stickied as a lesson/reminder for us all.
  • SilentFree - Archosaur
    SilentFree - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    low lvl sin: don't teach me how to play.

me: um ok (in fb 29)*stops killing whatever hes aggroing*

low lvl sin dies in 9 seconds: and yes i counted litterally

low lvl sin: umm....rez?

me.....quit
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IN Wraithgate, barb tanking, one cleric in party..

Barb:Everybody ready?
    (all):Yes

*lured pole*
    barb burns a charm, party wipes

Cleric:Sorry had to walk the dog
    Cleric:Whoa what happened??

Cleric has left the squad.
  • Angelhw - Harshlands
    Angelhw - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    assassins aren't op. :(*b:surrender
  • Sybershot - Lost City
    Sybershot - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Didn't read all of the comments , but. I play realistic war games - something like Paint Ball and stuff , was in the army also. So in PvP : If you took the gun out - don't talk , SHOOT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok are we going to agree Clerics are the hardest class to learn to play properly OR is it just more (how to say this) Moorons chose to play Clerics ? b:laugh

Because this thread contains more blunders by clerics than any of the other classes added together b:angry

Clerics and Barbs are the hardest classes to play!!! U most be smart and pay atention to the game! not like dd's does most of the time, use macro on bosses and go afkb:shocked

is hard to lern how to play a cleric... is even harder to decide what skills u shuld lvl or not!

ther worst thing a high lvl can say is ,,OOOPSS" in TT after he/she been claped by hands or hit by balls! did TT with a lvl 95 clerics that got claped 4 times!!! i mean CMON! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Enaj - Dreamweaver
    Enaj - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all, I'd like to say that this is a very imformative thread.

Secondly... and this is just my observation from what I've seen of people's behavior towards one another... there seems to be very little patience and understanding.

Over the course of my nearly 2 years of playing this game, I've met many different types. Those that rush to level and those that like to take their time. Some enjoy playing with others while some do not. I know of many players who achieve level 80+ on npc, drop single *, quest gear alone. Those are the ones that impress me the most. Pretty much anyone can kill and level easily on superb gear.

As far as barbs go, not all barbs have the coins to put into the best gear or get all their skills... and yes, it is possible for a barb to get to 70+ without knowing which skills to aquire. I have seen that many times. One reason I also see for this is that instead of helping him/her along by teaching them in a equal manner... the barb is often given condescending remarks like 'fail', 'noob', 'idiot', etc... and these barbs are often the focus of a complete squad. I often hear now of people complaining in WC about the lack of barbs for whatever it is that they are doing.. FC, BH, Bosses, RB, etc. Well, if everyone would take the small time it takes to teach these 'fail' barbs, then there wouldn't be a shortage of tanks. I have healed a 65 barb with less than 6k hp fully buffed in tiger form at Kong with my cleric... just the two of us... successfully without a close call at all. So everyone blaming the fail barb is more of an excuse for their own failures. There are others like Krimson that I wouldn't try that with, but the point is to teach these fail barbs instead of just condemning them outright.

Clerics, they are the focus of any squad... but yet again, up until some bosses like Kong, Krimson, Jewels, Pole... most don't realise that they need to Purify the tank because before then, there really isn't any use for it. When I first started playing over a year ago, most people were relatively new to the game also. Factions and people's attitudes towards one another were very different then... everyone learned together. There were rarely any factions that require and application, interview, or level 85+ only please. So, you have new players that come into the game and rush to level to meet these requirements... and they do so without actually learning very much. What I've also seen from both new and old players... the new ones will rely on the older higher levels to just pwn everything for them... and the older ones will do so in a rush, boom dead, move on. New players don't learn anything that way... especially clerics that don't need to puri or heal a level 100+ barb at Kong at all... and they don't realise that they need to with a lower level tank.

All DD's... yes, most know what agro is. They tend to disregard it. It is like a game to them to see if they can take agro from the barb... and when they do.. the barb's a failure. Barb's on skill alone without superb gear will not be able to keep agro from a DD of the same level going all out. DD's do need to learn how to control agro and hold back just enough... and they need to understand that if they do gain agro, it is no big deal.. step back, hit a pot... give the tank a little time to gain enough agro again before stepping back in. Sure, it might take a little longer to kill the boss/mob, but it's still faster than a near party wipe because the DD's think it's a contest. It is a team sport in a way... everyone gains from it.

Yes, I do have a barb, cleric, archer, bm also... all over 86+.

I have almost 10 yrs experience with MMO's starting with Everquest 1... I've also played WoW for over a year and for those that came from that game, no disrespect, but it doesn't really teach a lot about grinding, teamwork or agro... just seems like one big gankfest... and this is just my opinion from my own observations.

What I do like about PWI is that with some classes like bm's, for example, are mostly very flexible. You can build it for your own purposes... whether you want a pure dex DD, or a fast leveling aoe grinder... or even somewhat of a semi-tank. No, I don't consider a level 100 bm with +12 gear going up against Gouf as 'tanking'.

All in all, a little more patience and understanding towards some of the newer or poorer players would benefit all of us... instead of just putting them down all the time. We have a wide range of players here from the casual ones to the hardcore days on end ones. Keep in mind that everyone is a person first with real life responsibilites also... not everyone is able to spend the money or the time to be the best.

So, next time you meet up with a fail barb, cleric, archer, etc... do a good deed, help him/her out a little.

Thank you for your time.
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ur so right!!! but most of the ppl thinks is cooler for them to say ,,noob" ,,fail" than give som advices to that person....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all, I'd like to say that this is a very imformative thread.

Secondly... and this is just my observation from what I've seen of people's behavior towards one another... there seems to be very little patience and understanding.

Over the course of my nearly 2 years of playing this game, I've met many different types. Those that rush to level and those that like to take their time. Some enjoy playing with others while some do not. I know of many players who achieve level 80+ on npc, drop single *, quest gear alone. Those are the ones that impress me the most. Pretty much anyone can kill and level easily on superb gear.

As far as barbs go, not all barbs have the coins to put into the best gear or get all their skills... and yes, it is possible for a barb to get to 70+ without knowing which skills to aquire. I have seen that many times. One reason I also see for this is that instead of helping him/her along by teaching them in a equal manner... the barb is often given condescending remarks like 'fail', 'noob', 'idiot', etc... and these barbs are often the focus of a complete squad. I often hear now of people complaining in WC about the lack of barbs for whatever it is that they are doing.. FC, BH, Bosses, RB, etc. Well, if everyone would take the small time it takes to teach these 'fail' barbs, then there wouldn't be a shortage of tanks. I have healed a 65 barb with less than 6k hp fully buffed in tiger form at Kong with my cleric... just the two of us... successfully without a close call at all. So everyone blaming the fail barb is more of an excuse for their own failures. There are others like Krimson that I wouldn't try that with, but the point is to teach these fail barbs instead of just condemning them outright.

Clerics, they are the focus of any squad... but yet again, up until some bosses like Kong, Krimson, Jewels, Pole... most don't realise that they need to Purify the tank because before then, there really isn't any use for it. When I first started playing over a year ago, most people were relatively new to the game also. Factions and people's attitudes towards one another were very different then... everyone learned together. There were rarely any factions that require and application, interview, or level 85+ only please. So, you have new players that come into the game and rush to level to meet these requirements... and they do so without actually learning very much. What I've also seen from both new and old players... the new ones will rely on the older higher levels to just pwn everything for them... and the older ones will do so in a rush, boom dead, move on. New players don't learn anything that way... especially clerics that don't need to puri or heal a level 100+ barb at Kong at all... and they don't realise that they need to with a lower level tank.

All DD's... yes, most know what agro is. They tend to disregard it. It is like a game to them to see if they can take agro from the barb... and when they do.. the barb's a failure. Barb's on skill alone without superb gear will not be able to keep agro from a DD of the same level going all out. DD's do need to learn how to control agro and hold back just enough... and they need to understand that if they do gain agro, it is no big deal.. step back, hit a pot... give the tank a little time to gain enough agro again before stepping back in. Sure, it might take a little longer to kill the boss/mob, but it's still faster than a near party wipe because the DD's think it's a contest. It is a team sport in a way... everyone gains from it.

Yes, I do have a barb, cleric, archer, bm also... all over 86+.

I have almost 10 yrs experience with MMO's starting with Everquest 1... I've also played WoW for over a year and for those that came from that game, no disrespect, but it doesn't really teach a lot about grinding, teamwork or agro... just seems like one big gankfest... and this is just my opinion from my own observations.

What I do like about PWI is that with some classes like bm's, for example, are mostly very flexible. You can build it for your own purposes... whether you want a pure dex DD, or a fast leveling aoe grinder... or even somewhat of a semi-tank. No, I don't consider a level 100 bm with +12 gear going up against Gouf as 'tanking'.

All in all, a little more patience and understanding towards some of the newer or poorer players would benefit all of us... instead of just putting them down all the time. We have a wide range of players here from the casual ones to the hardcore days on end ones. Keep in mind that everyone is a person first with real life responsibilites also... not everyone is able to spend the money or the time to be the best.

So, next time you meet up with a fail barb, cleric, archer, etc... do a good deed, help him/her out a little.

Thank you for your time.

very good i agree with all of this i my self help the so called fail people from time to time most of them listen but some times you get the nuckle heads lol ive even sayed what you sayed to the people in my faction tht instead of calling them fail or noob try to help them under stand if they are willing to learnb:victory & becus of this my faction is very helpful to one another & to othersb:pleased
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In recent FCC

Barb 89 with 10k hp BUFFED says hes experienced
    Barb runs first hall, we all run to follow, barb dies, squad nearly wipes
    We figure he lagged let it keep going, next long hall, same thing happens.

Me-Are you using invoke and roar?
    barb-whats invoke?
    Me-*facepalm
    Squad member with more patience explains
    barb-oh I dont like to use that it takes 2 sparks

BM ended up tanking all mobs we did one group at a time.87-97 fcc took 4 hours

Same FCC Archer 1 level higher tells me what to do(though I knew very well what I was doing) and tells me he knows because hes run 3466282736 of them. A while later at the super whirrling slash boss higher lvl archer afks in the middle of room while attacking boss and quickly dies. So much for knowing so much he felt he should tell me what to do.

In TT 1-2 (all lvls 80+ cept 1 lvl 72 veno)
    Running by hands BM lvl 86 dies
    BM-WHYD I DIE! CLERIC SHOULD HEAL
    Cleric-you cant be in the circle when hands clap it always kills you
    BM-NOT IF YOU HEAL ME!!!!!
    Cleric ignores and resses
    BM-resses right before hands clap and dies again
    BM-xxxxx (cleric) you're a noob! learn to play!

BM rage quits

Those are the most recent awful ones on my archer. On my alts almost EVERY bh39 seems to fail since people dont understand how to pull cause it "takes to long"

and on my alt in bh 51 (69 barb at the time)
    At wy

Cleric-I dont like to BB I will heal
    me-ok, please use IH and purify then. I will turn him so aoe isnt as bad
    I grab aggro turn and my charm ticks. I use potsand charm is ticking often
    Me-Cleric? Please IH and purify!
    Cleric-oh but your healing yourself! Im just going to DD

I will not use a charm on my barb anymore till bh69
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "I like furrys(drools)" D: