Best Weapon for 80+

Options
Fork_nhell - Heavens Tear
Fork_nhell - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Blademaster
Hi. When i hit 80 what would be the best weapon,I'm a fist claw bm.Also what int gear can i get. Im noob i need all the help i can get xDb:laugh
Post edited by Fork_nhell - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    typed somethign and said **** it

scroll down the 1st page of fourums theres liek 10 posts on this
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Buddha's Fists, prolly your best bet.

And for interval gear check out post #9 here

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=766822&highlight=pure+Blademaster

(+1 for shameless self promotion) b:thanks
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ManofPower - Lost City
    ManofPower - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I went from lvl 80 hh80 gold axe to gx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I went from lvl 80 hh80 gold axe to gx

Eww gold axes. I can't think of a worse weapon choice that is level 80 requirement lol. With other TT80 green, they at least leads to higher weapons. Calas will be axes of choice til 90.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eww gold axes. I can't think of a worse weapon choice that is level 80 requirement lol. With other TT80 green, they at least leads to higher weapons. Calas will be axes of choice til 90.

80 gold axes weren't absolutely horrible before there was BH or Hyper. Calamities are better though, of course.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    80 gold axes weren't absolutely horrible before there was BH or Hyper. Calamities are better though, of course.

Before BH or Hyper, I made Lionking because I knew I was getting GX on my old BM. Then I spent 4 mil on a cala mold and never touched my Lionking again til I decomposed it. b:chuckle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Before BH or Hyper, I made Lionking because I knew I was getting GX on my old BM. Then I spent 4 mil on a cala mold and never touched my Lionking again til I decomposed it. b:chuckle

I made Lion King axes when I hit 80. I never used Calamities because I had PvE'd enough to see how many times a BM would zerk crit and steal aggro and subsequently die in instances.

I dunno how many times I was 8x and would be in squad with a 7x for farming or FB and say, "oh, you got nice XS... be careful or you're gonna die". Most of the times I ended up saying that, they'd die. At least once. This was before genies and fast leveling though.... so over the course of leveling through FBs, I saw quite a bit more action than most newer people... things are a bit different now.
  • Darth_rambo - Lost City
    Darth_rambo - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hear ya, M.D. I'm an axe whacker, but carry fists 7x around for bosses in instance runs when I don't want to steal aggro. Learned the hard way.... b:surrender
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hear ya, M.D. I'm an axe whacker, but carry fists 7x around for bosses in instance runs when I don't want to steal aggro. Learned the hard way.... b:surrender

... what kind of fail Barb let axes steal aggro? I've had, in my entire PW life, seen one cala stole aggro, and that was because I was tanking and didn't notice my fists were broken. I really don't see calas taking aggro unless for some freakish chance that you zerk like 10 times in a row.
  • Miisa - Raging Tide
    Miisa - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

oh good! i've been meaning to ask about these axes and how long i can make them last.

my bm is lvl 77 and i'm using these, +4 with two flawless garnets. i plan on purging the shards and replacing them with immaculates at least, but how much would further refining help? and if it would be worthwhile, what refines should i aim for at certain lvls?

not trying to hijack the post, but i didn't want to make another thread about it. and i'm still kind of on topic, right? b:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If are planning on getting the TT90 gold axes, then I wouldn't put too much more money in to your calas. Calas get pretty much outdated after 90. I still have +4, 2 imacs calas on my new BM because it's a TW BM and my HP matters more than my damage. I'm probably skipping TT90 gold and getting Nirvana later.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    oh good! i've been meaning to ask about these axes and how long i can make them last.

my bm is lvl 77 and i'm using these, +4 with two flawless garnets. i plan on purging the shards and replacing them with immaculates at least, but how much would further refining help? and if it would be worthwhile, what refines should i aim for at certain lvls?

not trying to hijack the post, but i didn't want to make another thread about it. and i'm still kind of on topic, right? b:chuckle

use the 2 mill you would burn on shards to get a nice pile of mirages and tienkangs to +5 it

and their good till you can afford higher grade axes with zerks at a higher refine

useing mine till 91
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ... what kind of fail Barb let axes steal aggro? I've had, in my entire PW life, seen one cala stole aggro, and that was because I was tanking and didn't notice my fists were broken. I really don't see calas taking aggro unless for some freakish chance that you zerk like 10 times in a row.

That's the thing... barbs aren't always available. I don't know how many times I did FB79 without a cleric and only a veno tanking. Same with Brim/Eden. You can't control zerk and crits, and on non ? mobs, aggro is easily stolen. A good aoe with XS can get you killed. Plus they were horrible to auto-attack a boss with.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That's the thing... barbs aren't always available. I don't know how many times I did FB79 without a cleric and only a veno tanking. Same with Brim/Eden. You can't control zerk and crits, and on non ? mobs, aggro is easily stolen. A good aoe with XS can get you killed. Plus they were horrible to auto-attack a boss with.

I see, this was before fists. Yeah my BM started as pole so I used those on 1v1 DDing for quite awhile and didn't get fists til like upper 80s.
  • Darth_rambo - Lost City
    Darth_rambo - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I've met several "oops" types of barbs. You'd be surprised. They pop up in random squads for bh runs. Q_Q The main place this is necessary is when I do 79 with a veno friend of mine. I'm a parent who doesn't have all night to wait for a full squad, so veno and I do it. Fists won't steal aggro from herc like axes do.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I see, this was before fists. Yeah my BM started as pole so I used those on 1v1 DDing for quite awhile and didn't get fists til like upper 80s.

Yeah, I'm talking like a year ago or more, when BMs were still considered a support class and their main asset was aggro management in 'oh shift' situations.