FF Runs (trouble)

OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Recently I did an FF run with x12 hyper running. Through out the run I noticed I wasn't even getting the normal exp, let alone x12. As I investigated more I asked other members what they was getting for exp. I was shocked to find out. On the last boss of this specific run I received (with x12 hyper) 8k exp and 52k spirit. My squad member 1 lvl above me received 53k exp xxx spirit (x5 hyper) and the squad member 1 lvl below me gained roughly 30k exp without any hyper. Reason stands that I should have got more than at least the one above me or below me.

We have done many runs since I first ticketed this with my doing screen shots multiple times. I have submitted a ticket, thats not what this is about.

Tonight, I was in a random squad (which I rarely do) but for sake of testing this theory that its not just me and there IS something wrong with the instance, I briefly told them what had happened to me. The barb was using a x12hyper. When we got to the last bosses he noticed the same thing that happened to me. He wasn't that happy. The problem is that I have concluded it is NOT just the x12 hyper with the issue. After doing many runs the past week with the same squad, every time (regardless of hypers, we even did 1 without anyone using hypers)someone was left with getting way less exp than they should. It seems random.

There is more to the issue but I'll leave it here.

My question is, is anyone else noticing something NOT right with FF? Is this just related to HT server? And if you are running an FF could you please try to pay attention to the amount of exp you get compared to normal and if it seems off submit a ticket so they will know if it is an actual problem. (GM in question thought it would be a good idea for me to post this to get feedback)*waves hi to BearClaw*

Thanks for the input, and data if you add any :) Its appreciated!
Post edited by OneHottShot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Checking your % in FF is more reliable than the xp log.

Exp log usually shows incorrect numbers while in reality you actually gain the normal amount of xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Checking your % in FF is more reliable than the xp log.

Exp log usually shows incorrect numbers while in reality you actually gain the normal amount of xp.

This.

In general, the more EXP you're getting out of hypers, the less reliable XP log is.

However, you should still be able to use the spirit you gained and multiply by 5 since spirit shown is normally accurate (So in your first part, you were actually gaining 260k EXP instead of the 8k shown).
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you have any idea on binary, you know wht i mean.

131073 exp shows as 1exp on your screen.
    262145 does the same.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    This.

In general, the more EXP you're getting out of hypers, the less reliable XP log is.

However, you should still be able to use the spirit you gained and multiply by 5 since spirit shown is normally accurate (So in your first part, you were actually gaining 260k EXP instead of the 8k shown).

This ^^.

Also, depending on how many people are higher level than you will alter the exp you get as well... as well as bringing someone lower.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I remember a time, when people actually knew xp was 5 times the amount of SP gained by level 30 or so. And they would use the knowledge, to figure out when a display is most likely incorrect, based off of how much xp they had gained.

Good times.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I remember a time, when people actually knew xp was 5 times the amount of SP gained by level 30 or so. And they would use the knowledge, to figure out when a display is most likely incorrect, based off of how much xp they had gained.

Good times.

Pfft. We all know those times are just a myth.

People having common sense, paying attention, and learning how to figure things out on their own? Like that's even possible!
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Thank you for the absolutely pointless posts. I did check the exp log. I'm not talking % anyways.

If I gain 2% in there this time and then 5% the next doing nothing different with the same squad all of us the same lvls each time and doing nothing different then it stands to reason there is a problem.

But yea, I've not a clue /sarcasm.

Gm asked me to post this thread, you can either be part of the solution or part of the problem. K thnx
    edited August 2010
    This ^^.

Also, depending on how many people are higher level than you will alter the exp you get as well... as well as bringing someone lower.

by the way, 10 runs with the same squad of ppl at the same levels within a 3 or 4 day span with no one leveling should yield the same amount of exp/% don't you think? At least within a close margin.
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just did FC on my BM this morning.
    got the same kind of 32k SP and 7-8k xp.
    But it was actually 32x5 XP, but the game is ..."glitched" and it's not showing it right. If you don't believe it , next time kill one mob and look at the char window how much XP you actually got. Not level percentage, raw XP, i guess you know hot to do that at 99, right? (or just hover your mouse over XP bar before and after kill)
    If a GM made you do this thread he's an idiot. Not a surprise to be honest.
    edited August 2010
    I just did FC on my BM this morning.
    got the same kind of 32k SP and 7-8k xp.
    But it was actually 32x5 XP, but the game is ..."glitched" and it's not showing it right. If you don't believe it , next time kill one mob and look at the char window how much XP you actually got. Not level percentage, raw XP, i guess you know hot to do that at 99, right? (or just hover your mouse over XP bar before and after kill)
    If a GM made you do this thread he's an idiot. Not a surprise to be honest.

I don't get you ppl. You gripe because they don't fix problems, then when they are trying to you gripe that they are idiots. "Glitched" or not.. they need to know what is going on.

And yes, at 99 I know how to do that. If you would have read the rest of my post you'd have understood thats exactly what I've done.

32x5 xp would be 160 or assuming you meant 32k would be 160k. So would you (without discontent) please verify for me that even though it said you got 7-8k exp that you actually got 160xp or 160k? Thank you.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To make the issue more clear, are you saying you got the incorrect amount of EXP according to your character sheet(C key), or just the display in the box above your chat box?
    edited August 2010
    To make the issue more clear, are you saying you got the incorrect amount of EXP according to your character sheet(C key),

Yes, this is what I'm saying.