Who's responsible if not the qq'ers?

Options
ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Where are the chatrooms where guild would help the lowbies?

Where is the friendship that comes with such help?

Where is the coherence that held PWI's community together?

Gone.

Players, old and experienced as well as new ones have all be swooshed by greed, their own.

They hate the new races. They refuse to help lowbies. They think only of their ranks, their gear, their weapons. You are a disgrace to the game, with your hatred-filled hearts and closed fists.

What we do? We leave the game altogether and join private servers, where community still means something.

So all of you, old time players, who have boycotted players like me for wanting to be different, fearing me/us and not wanting us to level higher, you are the friggin' suckers and your misery is only the result of your own actions.

You, the 100+, who want nobody to join your rank, have only yourselves to blame for your own misery and you know what?

For us all, to come here and hear you QQ, it is music to the ear and candy to the eyes, for now we realize the glory of what goes around does frigginly come around.

May you all squirm in PWI's darkest hollows, hehehe!

(hey, the packs! hey the r9! hey let's pk the lowbies! etc ect ad nauseam)

By then, we are long time gone.

b:bye
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And it's QQers like you who discourage people who do help lowbies from helping others, because it seems the people they help level up to be ingrates who want the game to go down and know next to nothing about how to play it and how it works.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Players, old and experienced as well as new ones have all be swooshed by greed, their own.

Last time i give the +10001th i think these one deserve the +100002th
    I am totally agree, check my signature there a url of a thread on these forum.
    Contains examples of how any player can be annoying and making the community crumble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The irony is that you're QQing yourself right now.

And also, many of the QQs from 100+ aren't about "OH NO MORE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE OUR LEVEL AND WE WON'T BE SPECIAL" which just proves you fail at reading comprehension. As of late players of all levels have been QQing about this game and the updates that are being made to it. Like the unreasonable changes to TT that now make it impossible for people at level to farm their gear. Like the changes to TW that were poorly thought out and was a step in the wrong direction to fixing the economy. Like the new UI.

So tell you what. When you can actually read somebody's complaint and actually understand what they're talking about - and that not all of the people complaining right now are even 100+ because I'm seeing many who aren't - then we'll consider your complaint even half way valid, okay?

Way to stick all the 100+ people into a boat. I have several friends who would like to have words with you, you snot-nosed brat trying to get onto the moral high ground. GTFO and go play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    maybe you just atract asses? there are still tons of helpfull people out there, including myself.
    DW server b:kiss
  • //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary7
    //Hysteria\ - Sanctuary7 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The irony is that you're QQing yourself right now.

And also, many of the QQs from 100+ aren't about "OH NO MORE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE OUR LEVEL AND WE WON'T BE SPECIAL" which just proves you fail at reading comprehension. As of late players of all levels have been QQing about this game and the updates that are being made to it. Like the unreasonable changes to TT that now make it impossible for people at level to farm their gear. Like the changes to TW that were poorly thought out and was a step in the wrong direction to fixing the economy. Like the new UI.

So tell you what. When you can actually read somebody's complaint and actually understand what they're talking about - and that not all of the people complaining right now are even 100+ because I'm seeing many who aren't - then we'll consider your complaint even half way valid, okay?

Way to stick all the 100+ people into a boat. I have several friends who would like to have words with you, you snot-nosed brat trying to get onto the moral high ground. GTFO and go play the game.

this, i dont care if some noobs decide to hyper to 100 its theyre money let them spend it how they want, hell i cud probly hyper like 4 of my chars to 100 atm if i felt like it, but id rather do it with mostly gameplay and some hyper like ive always done, more ppl gettin 100 is really the least of my concerns atm, more like how fail pwi gets with each patch in terms of everything else, ui, tw changes, the instances being messed with, etc, and to say all high lvls are pricks is total bs, just about anytime i need a fb done on an alt, if i ask when in arch, numerous high lvls offer to help and most of em dont even know me, some probly are stuck up im sure, alot arent though, so take that garbage elsewhere.
    /endoflongassrant
    my post count always stays at 1 b:victory
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just about anytime i need a fb done on an alt, if i ask when in arch, numerous high lvls offer to help and most of em dont even know me

All your FB rep are belong to me!! b:chuckle
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am not even reaching 90 . . b:pleased
    Though i am agree on everyone have greed b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You aint got no pancake mix!!!!

Just wanted to say that. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    stuff

You really couldn't be more wrong.

PWI has been destroying the community, not the high level players. We've been talking about this for ages now.

I always try to help a lowbie if I'm asked and I'm not busy at least once a day. However, I do that out of complete charity because I shouldn't be expected to help very low level players. If you need $20, you don't apply for a home. We're not obligated to help someone we don't know when are 50-90 levels higher and you shouldn't expect that someone that high should constantly help others that far below them. There is a wide level range and there should be and is support from the appropriate leveled people in your faction or that you should know.

Surely, I want more people my level to be playing. However many of those people aren't different than low levels who need help because they speed leveled their way to the top and suddenly expect to have high level friends to help teach them everything they should have learned along the way. You don't give a person a fillet when you can teach them how to fish, or whatever the proverb would say.

Now, when I do a tideborn 19 culti, bh29 or weapon quest for one of these nubs, half the time I don't even get a thank you because they're too concerned about turning in their quest or leveling up. Sometimes when I am too busy I'll get endless messages begging for help and when I say I'm currently in the middle of something I get cursed out.

Yes, that's the spirit of community.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited August 2010
    Options

Now, when I do a tideborn 19 culti, bh29 or weapon quest for one of these nubs, half the time I don't even get a thank you because they're too concerned about turning in their quest or leveling up. Sometimes when I am too busy I'll get endless messages begging for help and when I say I'm currently in the middle of something I get cursed out.

I give my +10003th one to these one b:shocked Can't agree more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

PWI has been destroying the community, not the high level players. We've been talking about this for ages now.

I always try to help a lowbie if I'm asked and I'm not busy at least once a day. However, I do that out of complete charity because I shouldn't be expected to help very low level players. If you need $20, you don't apply for a home. We're not obligated to help someone we don't know when are 50-90 levels higher and you shouldn't expect that someone that high should constantly help others that far below them. There is a wide level range and there should be and is support from the appropriate leveled people in your faction or that you should know.

Surely, I want more people my level to be playing. However many of those people aren't different than low levels who need help because they speed leveled their way to the top and suddenly expect to have high level friends to help teach them everything they should have learned along the way. You don't give a person a fillet when you can teach them how to fish, or whatever the proverb would say.

I am tottaly with Michael on this.

We as higher levels are never obligated to help newbies. Doesn't mean we don't I spend hours sitting by FB29 helping people do their BH, and hanging around Farrng and Krixxix and chin. As well as other important bosses and I help people with them when I am not busy.

And again Michael is right. The amount of times I have helped people very rarely I get a thank you for my time. Infact I just get abuse. I ask people VERY clearly to stand back (so i can zerg an area and aoe because I can take the damage) And they even go "OK!"

then next thing I know THEY rush in and die and cuss me out despite the fact I just told them to stand back.

Not only that I get rude players telling me to hurry up (only so fast I can go) Or they DEMAND I do it "right now" when I would rather have a full-ish squad of people.

I played the game, I worked hard, I didn't have EXP stones or frost. I had to grind on the fishies like a lot of "older" players did. Now after all that work some of us do just wanna sit in arch, stroke our e-peen and relax. Why should we be obligated to help others? ESPECIALLY when a lot of them are rude and "kind tlk lyk dis wen dey ask 4 help wch mkes mi eyes bled rele bad"

If someone want's help, I really hate it if they random invite me, or talk with "txt sp33ch" it drives me absolutely insane, sure we mis-spell things sometimes, that's fine. If a newbie sees me doing nothing and says "Hi, if you have the time could you please help me with ______" then I am so much more likely to want to help them then someone going "hey you f****** level 100 you have to help me ROAR"

end QQ rant from me :3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Figure it out on your own.

Seriously you sound like one of the dozens of people that PM me daily asking "help with BH29" "help with feng" "help with jewel"

And when I say no because I'm busy or just don't feel like helping, freaks out because we all know the purpose of me playing the game is to help others and heaven forbid I work on my own stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • XXInvictusXx - Heavens Tear
    XXInvictusXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

And when I say no because I'm busy or just don't feel like helping, freaks out because we all know the purpose of me playing the game is to help others and heaven forbid I work on my own stuff.

... I know the feeling.

or when pointing someone in the correct direction for one quest turns into soloing the next fifty for them (and in their "excitement", they just follow and don't bother doing any of the work themselves, just boss me around) when I was only originally passing by to go check out the AH.

Almost makes me wonder what the point is in being nice sometimes.

Sadder yet, a lot of the lowbies I have helped out were alts who should've known better already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear - 8x Venomancer - Logging in just to poke around b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    or when pointing someone in the correct direction for one quest turns into soloing the next fifty for them (and in their "excitement", they just follow and don't bother doing any of the work themselves, just boss me around) when I was only originally passing by to go check out the AH.

I was on my lowbie mage the other day... some guy kept trying to squad me... so I finally asked what he wanted... he wanted help killing these Taurocs at Silverpool. He was a cleric and he said he couldn't kill them himself and begged for help... so I said wth, I'll squad him. What did he do? He followed me around... didn't buff me or heal me. He didn't even attack anything. I finished the half dozen I needed and left party. He didn't even say thank you, or I might have even helped him finish his quest. Seriously.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Worse when it's something they can easily do themselves.

Asking for help with jewelscalen I can kinda understand, he's a tough boss no 4x that gets that quest can solo it.

Asking for help killing 25 skeleranic artisans or whatever the hell those mobs around OT are, now that's just lazy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear
    EbonyBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *cough*

When you've spent 25+ hours a week helping ungrateful, unhelpful, and greedy noobs with everything from farming TT, for them to sell, to cultivations and quests, you will start feeling much abused. You will want to quit when said players are spending the coins on gold, fashion, or better gear than you've ever seen.

I've been in a guild that volunteered my WIFE and I for things because we were the only helpful ones in a guild of over 100 members, with more than half a mere ten levels under us, and everyone else over us.

I've just come back from a long break, roughly six months. I've started this character to finally know what it is to be an ****. Does this mean I **** on other player? No, but a good teabagging is never out of the question. I do still help the people that are in my area, as long as they don't walk all over me.

As for the chat rooms...I love getting kicked out of chat rooms. It makes my day when I can say something and get kicked. I even go start one of my own with whatever random thing crossing my mind.

The Community isn't dead. We're just tired of whiny little sackless kids riding us ragged for their enjoyment. t(^_^)t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options

Asking for help killing 25 skeleranic artisans or whatever the hell those mobs around OT are, now that's just lazy

exactly why I don't like hanging around those areas on my main anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People are very helpful on sanc o_o.

As for low level kill quests, some classes can handle those better than others.

To be fair - I know there are some selfish players..because I met em.. but PWI is not a game that is strong on seflishness IMO.. and thats a GOOD thing.
  • Mania - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can I put in another thing:

I want to kill all 'newbs' that beg me for items/coin

I had to farm and get all my stuff, and I started from nothing too. Why do I get called the devils spawn when I refuse to give people money. I don't have much myself >=(
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oooooooooh I get a lot of that. And mini stalkers too.

Some dude swam from RT all the way to the Dreaming Cloud(the ridge where those lvl63 foligent spirit things are) to ask me can I give him my pet..(and he was lvl18).
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The actual situation:

"Bh29 help plzzzzzzz"
    "(meh, I'm too lazy and having fun here) Sorry, I can't"
    "plllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    "Dude I said no. D8"
    "ppppllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    "Dude! I'm not helping."

How OP sees it:

"BH29 plzzzzz"
    "(Oh god! This level 40's power and skill is amazing! IT'S OVER 9000!!1!11!!! I mean, the way he holds down the z button is quite skillfu and without equal. I must do everything in my power to prevent him from hitting level 90 or I'll be doomed) No stupid NOOB. Leave the game! -kills him, spends an hour stalking him-"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Mania - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People are very helpful on sanc o_o.

As for low level kill quests, some classes can handle those better than others.

To be fair - I know there are some selfish players..because I met em.. but PWI is not a game that is strong on seflishness IMO.. and thats a GOOD thing.
    The actual situation:

"Bh29 help plzzzzzzz"
    "(meh, I'm too lazy and having fun here) Sorry, I can't"
    "plllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    "Dude I said no. D8"
    "ppppllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    "Dude! I'm not helping."

How OP sees it:

"BH29 plzzzzz"
    "(Oh god! This level 40's power and skill is amazing! IT'S OVER 9000!!1!11!!! I mean, the way he holds down the z button is quite skillfu and without equal. I must do everything in my power to prevent him from hitting level 90 or I'll be doomed) No stupid NOOB. Leave the game! -kills him, spends an hour stalking him-"

I hate the continuous begging after I say no :( I have stuff to do in-game/IRL too :(
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where are the chatrooms where guild would help the lowbies?

Where is the friendship that comes with such help?

Where is the coherence that held PWI's community together?

Gone.

blehbleh b:sleep

b:bye

There was never any chatt room out there to "help" lowbies or to make friends or what ever you dreamed about. The rooms where there so higher levels could leech reputation and exp from lowbie FBs lol

No one cares about running FBs anymore since the exp is about the same as killing 1 mob in Frost on Hyper or doing 1 Oracle. Its not about people being less helpful, they where never helpful in the first place, they where just lazy - back than hanging out in FB rooms where the best way to avoid grinding XD

Everyone ignores begging lowbies in competitive MMOs, PWI is not different to any other game. Why would you waste time helping a random person that just started the game and might quit in a few weeks anyway. You can use that time to help yourself or a friend instead - that actually will help you back.

Random people tend to be pretty freaking ungrateful anyway, both lower and higher levels. Few times i helped randoms with a Boss or a BH i never even got a "thank you", they just rush away to hand in the quest or they beg for coins/ask if they can add to FL so you can help them with more stuff lol...
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But there is one thing I can't stand. It's when I help people and they are the most impatient people in the universe. They run ahead and proceed to get killed. When I first started doing this(around lvl50) it'd make me feel like I wasn't doing a good job "protecting" them. Now I know it's not my fault at all.

Also not waiting for others that need whatever it is we're doing.

Let's just go kill the boss while others still too far away! Lets ignore the person telling you to STOP ATTACKING.
    edited August 2010
    Options

Let's just go kill the boss while others still too far away! Lets ignore the person telling you to STOP ATTACKING.

one of the #1 reasons I've ever ditched a squad. another reason would be for people who do the same thing and not listen that results in 2-3 partywipes (and then say it was "so-and-so's fault" or that "they didn't know").

if I have to die 2-3 times before we even reach the first boss, I'm out. I'm not trying to be mean, but if I'm trying to put in my time and effort (sometimes money too) and then suffer a lot for an obviously very lost cause... -sigh-

I don't always have the time/money to make it up to myself either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Thats just a bunch of BS, coming from a 5aps toon with a bunch of VIT stones.

It is both the staff and you "iwtfpwn" people because your demon with OP gears, very nice of Leeroy Jenkins people having that stuff... Not...

The fact is, I never even use genie because I'd be a wuss, like you for example. Try doing PVE without genies you failure. And now QQing about TT being "harder" thats just a bunch of ****

Really sick and tired of memememememe and QQQQQQQQ and meemememememe and QQQQQ. I just think you a-holes just want to clog up the forums and world chat with your **** comments that have no realism to the game after you stopped playing like maybe 6 months ago? You probably don't even know what quests you have at that level anyways.

Can you explain people scamming more lately? I quit buying/selling stuff when I actually need now or later. All I sell mostly is genie and genie xp cubes. The PWI staff have nothing to do with "best token of luck for 5 mil" when its like token of luck.

Griefing and being an **** ingame and on the forums is not caused by PWI staff either. Please, if you don't have on the game, just **** off please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Seems me going off on poor yulk in the veno forum pushed him over the edge.
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *cough*

When you've spent 25+ hours a week helping ungrateful, unhelpful, and greedy noobs with everything from farming TT, for them to sell, to cultivations and quests, you will start feeling much abused. You will want to quit when said players are spending the coins on gold, fashion, or better gear than you've ever seen.

I've been in a guild that volunteered my WIFE and I for things because we were the only helpful ones in a guild of over 100 members, with more than half a mere ten levels under us, and everyone else over us.

I've just come back from a long break, roughly six months. I've started this character to finally know what it is to be an ****. Does this mean I **** on other player? No, but a good teabagging is never out of the question. I do still help the people that are in my area, as long as they don't walk all over me.

As for the chat rooms...I love getting kicked out of chat rooms. It makes my day when I can say something and get kicked. I even go start one of my own with whatever random thing crossing my mind.

The Community isn't dead. We're just tired of whiny little sackless kids riding us ragged for their enjoyment. t(^_^)t

God, I love you baby. I was reading this thread thinking the exact same thing, then I get to your post start reading and I'm like OMG that's exactly what I was thinking. I look at the poster and lo and behold it's my husband.

I have my auto reply set to the nastiest things I can imagine just so ppl will leave me alone. I'm sick of helping people who won't help others.

People play this game and EXPECT us to do the work for them, when we've worked our asses off to get here.

I'm done with helping people. It's over. Time to show the people that want everything on a silver platter that I'm sick of their sht b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • Dorieus - Archosaur
    Dorieus - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is a problem in any game because it is a problem with people, not just the high lvls either.

The problem is that everyone lumps the low lvls into the same category, and you are lumping all the high lvls into the same category. They aren't all the same though to be honest seems like there are just not always alot of nice people in mmo's.

The low lvls who are always begging for help and never help or say thank you, generally end up becoming high lvls who won't help anyone, because they are clearly lazy cause they didn't want to do anything for themselves, and because they only care about themselves. This is the 'me' generation.

Some high lvls are probly just tired of helping other rude low lvls, so they generally just gave up on helping them, cause they got tired of being used, can't really blame them for that. Others are the low lvls I said previously, they got help and are too greedy to help anyone else.

I've been on both ends in other games and prolly will be on this game as well, once I get 'high lvl' and both sides are equally annoying, and frustrating. I never ask for help, but even I've had problems with rude high lvls. Already once on this game at a dumb event, not even a prize. All I did was ask a higher lvl if he could stop one hitting the monster I was attacking. There were like 5 others he could one hit, just leave me mine. And he proceeded to make fun of me and say I was QQing.

The only way community as a whole will ever change is if we can all learn to be decent to each other, so it will never change.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Seems me going off on poor yulk in the veno forum pushed him over the edge.

what are you talking about? ohhh yeah, the forum section with pure magic venoes QQ about not having a herc? I don't remember you sorry.

Why not have an arcane assassin as well? They have awesome heal power and high magic. atk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye