Thinking of Switching to a new server

Cybetron - Harshlands
Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
I got bored of being banned on my Sage barb for unknown reasons b:surrender So I wanted to reroll on another server for a fresh new start. As usual I'll make a barb (which will go demon when the time comes b:chuckle ) but this time I wanted to try another class - a ranged DD one (Psy, Wiz or Archer).

I've never played a ranged class before and have no idea how it works, so looking for advice from my fellow barbs and their alts.

Oh, and I was thinking of rolling on either Arch or RT (since they are the new PvE servers). Any suggestions or advices are more than welcome... b:thanks
Post edited by Cybetron - Harshlands on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cybe: I've got an archer and he's a great deal of fun to play.

Then again so is the veno.

GL man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i played a veno and a wizard to level 25, became bored and removed them.

Afterwards I tryed a psy and i must say its much more fun. It's level 30 now and I don't plan to remove him. I really love the damage altough i went the "LA way" - no difference in damage to arcane psys! The soulspheres hit really hard and thats why im not unhappy about the fact that psys can't use other magic weapons. I don't have to feed an annoying pet (Veno) and I dont have to run away from mobs cause of lame Cast times (Wizard).
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh, and I was thinking of rolling on either Arch or RT (since they are the new PvE servers). Any suggestions or advices are more than welcome... b:thanks

RT is infested with trolls, and Arch seems to be home to alot of egomaniacs.... but Cybetron is welcome to come join Fuzzy on RT b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apoc2133
    apoc2133 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From RT and we rock. Once in a while you have Fuzzy who is trolling world chat, but that's not a big issue !b:surrender
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    DW all the way. <.<

We have "some" nubs, but not nearly as many on RT. xD

Also, we need moar barbs on this server. o.o FFS, I can't tank it all. b:infuriated
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you are welcome to raging tide b:chuckleb:chuckle

panda welcome you!
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the invitations to RT guys b:thanks I can live with (rather enjoy) trolls better than egomaniacs I guess

@Xarathox but most of the high level barbs in DW were the first ones I learnt my tanking skills from and I would never wanna compete with them b:surrender

@xylo Archers are less expensive aren't they?? I mean no pots and all but I see alot of rage in Archers forums b:shocked

@Hippie Wow I've never seen an LA psy, I am glad that you tried that with your psy and succeeded. b:victory Is it true that psy receives more advantages with more refines to its weapons?

@Thread I am gonna pour alot of coin earned on my barb to the DD so I wonder which would give me better returns with the coin invested
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Cybe: Archers are less expensive provided you have alts, factionmates and friends feeding you the ammo drops. Every few days I send/receive about 2-3K in ammo. So it's rare that I have to buy it, in fact I still have over 50K of shot for my W&C, and about 20K in arrows for my CH:SS.

As for pots, I'm still using my TB platinum HP charm from like 30 levels ago. And mana pots aren't much of a problem either, provided you don't spam skills.

If you add a few points into vit early, then restat, you can be a mini-tank in some cases. I tanked that TB boss for a squad in my 5Xs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Hippie Wow I've never seen an LA psy, I am glad that you tried that with your psy and succeeded. b:victory Is it true that psy receives more advantages with more refines to its weapons?

yeah because the base damage of soulspheres is harder compared to magic swords or glaives etc.
    With my voodoo attack buff i need 3 hits to kill a mob at the same level. I bet i would need two hits with equipped jones blessing b:laugh
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I fully agree with Hippie.

I luv my main barb, but I was bored 2 summers ago so I made a cleric to help the faction (lack of clerics in faction always QQ). I played the char till high 50s, but it was a pain in the ****. I will lvl the cleric to 64? sooner or later so I can have lvl 10 rez.

Then, when the RT expansion came, I made a psychic first (hated it till lvl 10b:chuckle), then an assasin (luved it till 20, then hated it till 30 and I left it there... annoys me...). The psychic (after reaching lvl 10) became loads of fun to me (currently in its 50s like my cleric). I stopped lvling it due to lack of time (my barb is more importantb:victory).

Then I made a veno... I kinda liked it, but I realized that without a herc/nix it won't be THAT much fun. Plus, I have a rl friend who plays one, so yea... Got her to ... ummm... lvl 14 or something LOL.

I was BOOOOORED at the beginning of this summer and had crappy net. I decided to make a newb char, which could die when I dc while questing and I wouldn't care. So I made a bm (around lvl 10) on RT just 'cause it's relatively new and wanted to see a PvE server for once.

All chars besides the bm are on Lost City. I enjoy it here.b:dirty

Never wanted to try the archer (since I disliked squishy sins) or a wizzie (kiting annoys me).

You wanna try a PvE server, sure, but if you like Harshlands, you might miss the PvE on a carebear server.

PSYCHICS are a combo of all classes to me. They consume a lot of MP pots, but they have REALLY cool skills. I'm sad that not many people lvl it to higher lvls... I will someday:))))

Whichever way you pick, ENJOY!

Sorry for this lengthy post;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    @Hippie and Xylo Thanks alot for the info guys I'll try both of the races, level them simultaneously and see which one suits my playstyle better b:thanks

@Buttercup I like reading long posts. Thanks a ton for taking time out to share your experiences. b:thanks (Clerics are really a hard class b:surrender ) I liked HL for quite a bit but don't want to participate in an arms race and play a leveling game. Just wanted to take time playing a simple game, enjoying the PvE aspects without someone (read: some sin) jumping on me b:shutup

I made a new character in RT. Blood_Panda tanked my first FB. I miss the days when one armageddon would wipe out the entire cave :D
    edited August 2010
    If Cybetron rolled a character on RT, he should give Fuzzy a shout sometime. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Will do Fuzzy. Actually, when I logged in I did send you a pm but you were offline so will repeat once I log in b:thanks
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'd choose to come to Dreamweaver, we have the most stable economy. You could roll a Barbarian and make it demon which would be fun at around level 90. Plenty of people have alts here too so you could get help @ beginning while making new friends. If you do decide to do a ranged DD I'd go psychic because of the variety of spells and skills, also you can go AA, LA, or even HA for certain things with their white voodoo or black voodoo.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
    edited August 2010
    welcome to raging tide b:pleased

hope you have a good time in Raging tide as i do.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    @Dsholder Thanks for the info bro, I'ld surely try a psychic once I get my barb to decent level. I'ld've joined DW but already started on RT so b:sad

@Blood_Panda Thanks for the welcome and tanking my first FB. Keep rocking with your 8k HP b:thanks
    edited August 2010
    you missed Fuzzy by little bit today.. lol

he just went offline to sleep and i saw you posting in forums.

Hope you guys meet up!

Level 56 today b:pleased
    edited August 2010
    Fuzzy had fun running bh with Blood_Panda tonight...vb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I want in on the fun b:cry
  • buttercupcruella
    edited August 2010
    @Buttercup I like reading long posts. Thanks a ton for taking time out to share your experiences.

I totally forgot I write long posts.b:surrender Most people don't like reading (end of intelligent society?b:sad). If I'm asked for an opinion and I do have some experience, I gladly share it. Happy some1 appreciates it.

Now, ROLL A PSYCHIC!!!b:angry

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    blood learn much from 2 expert ^.^

saving for calamity axe of Blood! b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Chronobarok - Raging Tide
    Chronobarok - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why did you get banned? And banned from what?
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    @Buttercup I don't know why but I like reading long posts if they have good info or experience in them (and of course, if written in a literate way). And yes sir will surely roll a psy b:shocked

@Blood_Panda lol you'll love the zerk trust me b:laugh

@Chrono I've two accounts and use them both (not at the same time which is illegal). But somehow I get banned on the other account repeatedly (don't know the reason).

@Thread Fuzzy hit"ted" me for 18.5k damage b:cry
  • buttercupcruella
    edited August 2010
    @Buttercup I don't know why but I like reading long posts if they have good info or experience in them (and of course, if written in a literate way). And yes sir will surely roll a psy b:shocked

I'm a female irl playing a barb.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    Cybetron - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm a female irl playing a barb.b:angry

Pardon me ma'am I was unaware of that b:shocked

@Thread Now that I started doing quests again from level 1 I started facing problems with certain mobs - mainly magic or poison stack mobs - that unnecessarily ticked my charms. I realized that I had forgotten the tactics I used back when I was low level. Killing these mobs without too many pots or charm ticks involved a few strategies or timing.

So, I thought that I should start a thread to record the strategies (simple ones) against such mobs starting from the 3x. That might help the new barbs. Not sure whether its a good idea so would want to know what my fellow barbs and barbaritas think about this. b:pleased
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to Raging Tides xD
  • Vorken - Archosaur
    Vorken - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So, I thought that I should start a thread to record the strategies (simple ones) against such mobs starting from the 3x. That might help the new barbs. Not sure whether its a good idea so would want to know what my fellow barbs and barbaritas think about this. b:pleased

As new barbarian (my fist MMORPG game), I'd love some tips.
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    Cybetron - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to Raging Tides xD

thanks 'b'oogie, but how did you find this post of all the others on the forums.. you have quite a tracking ability b:shocked
    As new barbarian (my fist MMORPG game), I'd love some tips.

Okie Vorken will try making one soon b:cute
    edited August 2010
    fuzzy is very powerful that he scares me b:chuckle

Looks like a miniboss b:pleased

My advise for newbies for avoiding HP charm tick.. dont use them lol...

lol i need more mana charm then HP ones.

I like barbs, we dont die very often if we dont take risk.

Other Class runs risk everytime they attack a mob.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    @Cybe, looks like you're enjoying your new home. GL, and don't let Fuzzy push you around like that...when he's not looking **** off his tail or something. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin