PWI Like a Capitalist Goverment

Options
DarkShadowI - Sanctuary
DarkShadowI - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
So ive been playing PWI for just about a year now. And for that year, that was about all ive been playing, coz its very addictive, but what PWI is doing to its clients really saddens me. :(
Yup, we are the clients, and the sad thing is we have no say. The developers, never communicate with us, or ask us the players what we would like in the game, or if we actually like the changes they made. How does it work in real life? If you as the client is unhappy, then you either never use that persons services again, or that person makes up for the problem. What do they do here? Instead of listening to us, they sensor or delete your thread when we are looking for answers. I challenge the developers and GM's to find me 1 person that is happy with TW, nirvana and the straw that broke the camels back, TT changes. A game is suppose to be fun, not super stressfull. Is there anyone that enjoys the new nirvana and TT's now? Like a capitalist goverment that gives people no say whatsoever, so is PWI

Please start listening to your clients developers and GM's and stop this because you will force people to quit the game, and not play any longer. Speak to us and ask us the players what we want and if we think the changes would be a good idea or not. If you just had a pole or something, you wouldve seen how many people is unhappy :( PWI is not fun anymore b:surrender
Post edited by DarkShadowI - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You just described the Chinese government. :]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I get your point, but you have the CHOICE to play or not b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • DarkShadowI - Sanctuary
    DarkShadowI - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so what you guys are saying is that you are fine with the changes the developers make without even asking us? And yes the American PWI is becoming like a Capitalist Chinese PWI
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We are listening and we are relaying your concerns to the devs.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Which are promptly ignored.

Edit: why is this stickied?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Peluche - Lost City
    Peluche - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol why is this stickied?
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Who will dump the documents into the paper shredder, reminds me of an answer from a GM in tibia, another MMO i used to play but abandoned because of these exact same reasons, the GM response was like this:

"We have forwarded your petitions and concerns to the game developers, however the decision has already been taken and thus is final and will be implemented"

Translated in plain, everyday english it would be like this:

"We know you don't like the changes, we don't care, suck it"
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Edit: why is this stickied?

I'd have to ask the same thing...

It's not like there ain't a bajillion posts exactly like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol why is this stickied?

I was wondering the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do like the recent changes. TW never should have given coins in the first place, and if people run instances daily and finish in a few minutes its clearly too easy.

We the players are the ones responsible for the changes. Not the developers.

The devs are simply responding to the huge 5 attack speed thing and everyone running around in +10 gear that makes instances a joke to run. They wanted them to be hard in the first place so they are changing them to be hard no matter what.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Instead of listening to us, they sensor or delete your thread when we are looking for answers.

I'd have to say this thread is the pinnacle of irony right now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If this is stickied so you can try to pretend that you're listening to your players, you're about two months too late.

Stop pretending you listen to us now, frankie. The first time you said it, we believed you. The second time you said it, we were doubtful, but we continued to have faith. The third time, we were getting tired of it. The fourth time and every time after that? Yeah.

At this point, if you can't see many of us giving you the middle finger, you might need to put your glasses on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kokoa - Sanctuary
    Kokoa - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You just described the Chinese government. :]

this.

b:bye
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If this is stickied so you can try to pretend that you're listening to your players, you're about two months too late.

Stop pretending you listen to us now, frankie. The first time you said it, we believed you. The second time you said it, we were doubtful, but we continued to have faith. The third time, we were getting tired of it. The fourth time and every time after that? Yeah.

At this point, if you can't see many of us giving you the middle finger, you might need to put your glasses on.

Frankie's not a dev :/
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The devs are simply responding to the huge 5 attack speed thing and everyone running around in +10 gear that makes instances a joke to run. They wanted them to be hard in the first place so they are changing them to be hard no matter what.

We have packs shoved down our throats and are then punished for swallowing?
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Now, why does this sound so wrong????b:shutup

And yea sticky... how ironic...

Hehheheheh.... capitalist?! hmm... you will not please EVERY1 EVER!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie's not a dev :/

Where did I say Frankie was?

Frankie's job is to listen to the player base, speak with the devs and it's a general consensus that he is also to keep us updated. With the huge lack of response all across the board, even in official and stickied threads we can be left to assume we are now being promptly ignored.

We just wish the GMs had enough balls to come out and be honest and say "Yeah, this happened, and it happened because of PW-CN, and it's nothing we can fix. We're sorry." Instead we're getting bull**** scapegoats, among other things.

You don't need to be a dev to tell a player what's happening. A community manager that isn't part of the community doesn't deserve their job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Like a capitalist goverment that gives people no say whatsoever, so is PWI

umm....check the definition of capitalism. no say whatsoever is a communist dictatorship. Much like china as one person already said. Capitalism is in fact where a business wants to do well on their own and therefore listens to their customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kokoa - Sanctuary
    Kokoa - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

LOL... the mental image. b:chuckle

and, basically. they're encouraging everyone to buy this and buy that. and get rank ix gear. and then when the richest people do, they make everything harder and punish everyone. soon, fb19 is gonna have 8 bosses. <.<
  • Sky_Runner - Raging Tide
    Sky_Runner - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

As much as the games creators and managers suck, it doesn't really help to flame the messenger/scapegoats they placed as a protective barrier between themselves and the community. I think Frankie and all the other GMs/Mods are doing a great job in front of a truly $%*#ed up situation. Sorry you guys have to suffer the flames b:surrender.

But yeah, why is this stickied? There are dozens of QQ threads stating all the same, albeit all mostly true, points.

But really, the Devs need to do one thing truly for the community and not lining their pockets or this game won't last as long as the French in a World War.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do like the recent changes. TW never should have given coins in the first place, and if people run instances daily and finish in a few minutes its clearly too easy.

We the players are the ones responsible for the changes. Not the developers.

Problem is their so called "solutions" are always too radical. They want to give more challenge to 5APS and +10 geared people, fine. But then there are those with not so godly gears that had hard enough time as is with these "joke" instances. Also, 5APS and +10 were pretty much a myth until devs themselves shoved packs and Oceans down our throats and started nerfing every methods to money making other than charging zen.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We are listening and we are trying to relay your concerns to the devs.

With all due respect, an attempt is nothing more than an attempt if results are not seen. Ever since PWI was released, the only PWI-specific content change that I have seen is the introduction of the anniversary mounts; Perfect World Entertainment Inc. has yet to have anything tailored to our (PWI-specific) needs whatsoever. I understand that it is your role to incur good PR for the company, but actions speak stronger than words, and from the community's point of view, absolutely no consequential action has occurred so far.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol stickied.
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry about the sticky, that was definitely a mistake.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options

b:chuckle frankie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

Wow, that was a fast apology. Why couldn't you have done this for, say, the new UI? It would have made everything so much smoother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where did I say Frankie was?

Frankie's job is to listen to the player base, speak with the devs and it's a general consensus that he is also to keep us updated. With the huge lack of response all across the board, even in official and stickied threads we can be left to assume we are now being promptly ignored.

You aren't being ignored, in fact we talk every day about what can be done to improve the game for all of you. The devs do take time to respond, though, and much of what they tell us is confidential and thus cannot be relayed back to you guys.

We just wish the GMs had enough balls to come out and be honest and say "Yeah, this happened, and it happened because of PW-CN, and it's nothing we can fix. We're sorry." Instead we're getting bull**** scapegoats, among other things.

To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.
This discussion has been closed.