Perfect 5aps Baldemaster

Pytharia - Heavens Tear
Pytharia - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Blademaster
I'm starting a BM.

Just wondering what makes for a good 5aps BM, stat wise.
Post edited by Pytharia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Minimum str for axes, dex for fists. Rest to vit.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Pytharia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    is there a average build pattern to that to have as a guide line?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Minimum str for axes, dex for fists. Rest to vit.

PvP wise, yes.

Overall, there is no perfect build for 5 APS. It depends. a 3 VIT, 200 DEX, rest to STR BM will have better DPS for PvE farming.
  • Pytharia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    I've got a nice veno farmer, so i'm looking for a good PvP i guess.

I'll put a little on vit just for quests / grinding then i'll buy some resets i guess.

Anyway thanks.
  • pkerfairfax
    pkerfairfax Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm starting a BM.

Just wondering what makes for a good 5aps BM, stat wise.

Why would you want to play a boring 5aps fist BM?
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, you don't do a fist build starting out, you don't have the stat points to make it work till you're much higher level.

Stick to axes/poles while you're leveling, AoE'ing = how you do it until you're higher up, and if you really want to, get some crappy mold or 3* claws or fists and melee slowly on bosses.

When you're level 100, you can have enough dex and str to use all weapons without concern, unless you put points into vit, in which case you're on your own there.

BM can hit 5.0 but you need a few things first: I'll only explain demon since it's easier to get 5.0 on it.

Deicide or Striking Dragon (-0.1 Interval Between Hits on the weapon)
    2x Lionheart TT99 Pieces
    2x Ashura TT99 Pieces
    (3.33 in spark at this point)
    Lunar Wing Trophy Cape
    (4.0 in spark)
    Interval Tome (Pan Gu, The Creator Or Love: Up and Down) Or Nirvana Pants Second Cast.
    (5.0 in spark)

b:shocked
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    AoE'ing = how you do it until you're higher up

Not anymore. High DPS winning PQ is how you do it now. I re-leveled a BM with fists+axes since 3X. Fists are the way to kill, saves pots and give you plenty of chi for Sutra.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Axe AoE leveling concept is literally last year, when Zhen groups still existed.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not anymore. High DPS winning PQ is how you do it now. I re-leveled a BM with fists+axes since 3X. Fists are the way to kill, saves pots and give you plenty of chi for Sutra.

^This^
    I statted for axe/fist with 3 str and 2 dex entire build and if I used axe I spent twice as long killing things and had to pot alot more. I tried aoe grinding with axes and it works about as well as 1v1 killing time wise unless you are willing to pot like crazy hp and mp.

Didn't really ever use my axe skills till lvl 80+ for FCC except for the occasional Drakes Bash for a stun lock or HF to amp a squads damage.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You can go sage and hit 4aps unsparked, then use cyclone heel to 5, and anyway, the sage spark is pretty nice if you can hit 5aps with it.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly, you don't do a fist build starting out, you don't have the stat points to make it work till you're much higher level.

o....i missed that memo. My bm has been fist since level 1. 5 str 4dex and 1 vit/2 levels for a while then 6/4. I have 20 white vit and dont have issues. and didnt early on either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    Hurin - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    o....i missed that memo. My bm has been fist since level 1. 5 str 4dex and 1 vit/2 levels for a while then 6/4. I have 20 white vit and dont have issues. and didnt early on either.

Same here, though, I'm capping white-vit at 50 for now...and...I reached it already...so I'm having some stating problems at the moment...But it's all good b:laugh

Also, I heard somewhere that aps is capped at 3.33....which makes demon-sparked aps something like 4.2... At least, every build I make in PWI calculator stops at 3.33 aps.

This can be seen here: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=611719053268d49e

Is this just a bug? or did they really cap attack rate?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Attack speed is capped at 5.0. Highest you can reach without triple sparks or cyclone heal is 4.0 (gear alone).

You were missing the double set bonus from having two pieces HA TT99 and two pieces of LA TT99. 2 pieces HA gives you -.05 and 2 pieces LA give you another -.05 . I subbed in ornaments here:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f5e7b8ef307980b2

but you can chose what 2 pieces you want LA and which two HA. b:bye
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    Hurin - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ah! Thank you!
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ll 5.0 is nearly impossible without lots of RL $$$

For a level 90 i say this is the best armor that is even possible to get except the cape of course i just put there for fun look.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7af19a6024deafc5

With that you pretty dang strong not super refine/sharded and break yourself i have not even got TT90s at level 91 so good luck.

Pwi is **** now they just destroyed the game have to spend boat loads of money and people leveling way to fast that they don't even know how to play it sucks.

50% Dreamweaver server is basically quitting or barely comes on
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010

For a level 90 i say this is the best armor that is even possible to get except the cape of course i just put there for fun look.

With that you pretty dang strong not super refine/sharded and break yourself i have not even got TT90s at level 91 so good luck.

Pwi is **** now they just destroyed the game have to spend boat loads of money and people leveling way to fast that they don't even know how to play it sucks.

I have no idea wtf you just said...
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have no idea wtf you just said...

I think he was the one who was the second coming of Lyndura last month or something. If so, incomprehensible babble is expected.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Most Blademaster class players are same build - full interval + fists/claws.
    Anyway, I'm cool with Polearm and I'm using fists at grind/twilight temple/nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I think he was the one who was the second coming of Lyndura last month or something. If so, incomprehensible babble is expected.

-__- very easy understand what i said and yes i babble =P

To put it simple spend 200$+ and you get 5aps get it now.
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    -__- very easy understand what i said and yes i babble =P

To put it simple spend 200$+ and you get 5aps get it now.

Lol $200? $200 is 80 mil and that gets you like 2.86 at best, and the rest are exponentially more expensive. But of course I have 2.86 without spending a dime and will have 4 APS at 99 without spending a dime. 5 APS costs a lot more than you think, but it doesn't mean you have to spend real money.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010

You quoted $200 and said that build is more possible without spending a ton of coin, but as Okeano points out, $200 = about 80 mil in game, and you put a 200 mil tome on your build. Then you pointed out the 35 mil cape as the expensive thing.

But the conversation isn't about whats possible at lvl 90, either, since you can't get anywear near 5.0 until 99. Few level 90 players can even afford the tome and cape even at level 90, and you need TT99 set bonuses, and -.1 on your weapon, which you don't get till 99 either. 4-5 aps is a 99+ goal only.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010

If you can't even afford to fully shard you armor with Flawless at lvl90 you need to do more to make money. And for some reason you have bracers that don't exist in the game and a tome that costs more than twice of what you quoted, not to mention, putting aside the fact that you only have p.def ornaments, you have lvl 2 Warsong belt that costs more than entire TT99 set.

Your "possible" 90 build is more impossible than a 5.0.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Lol $200? $200 is 80 mil and that gets you like 2.86 at best, and the rest are exponentially more expensive. But of course I have 2.86 without spending a dime and will have 4 APS at 99 without spending a dime. 5 APS costs a lot more than you think, but it doesn't mean you have to spend real money.

b:beatup Read it again lol i said 200$+ meaning more then if spent $$$

I also not spent any and will not spent any that why i said or take along time its something you work on for awhile.
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    b:beatup Read it again lol i said 200$+ meaning more then if spent $$$

I also not spent any and will not spent any that why i said or take along time its something you work on for awhile.

5 APS is not as hard as you think to obtain. Given that the last 0.05 would take the longest, either to farm Nirvana or make enough money for the tome, it's perfectly doable if you know what you are doing.