Weapon Making/Rip off?

Options
ladyvee
ladyvee Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
So a good friend of mine had someone make him a weapon it came out to be Meridian Blades with nothing special at all, and he took 115k for the making of them. Did he get ripped off?
Post edited by ladyvee on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The only reason to make weapons / armor is basically to advance your manufacturing skill. It's not profitable at all.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He wasn't trying to make money, he wanted a new weapon and he charged him 115k to make the weapon.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Saying that even if he didn't pay he would have been ripped off.

The person charging didn't rip him off. People charge what they feel their time is worth, it's your decision to pay or not.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    99.9% of the time, getting someone else to manufacture something for you, it is free. Obviously, it is your duty to provide the fee (required for decomposing, etc), and materials.

So yes, he got ripped. Did he provide materials?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He gave him 115k to make the crappy weapon and the materials. He provided money for all materials and everything.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Then your friend is a moron.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You've been playing for 9 months and you need to ask this. b:sweat
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Uh no I have not been playing nine months. Thanks. I have a life I play this randomly with some friends. I'm not a 'hardcore' player on this. Don't be all mean to me because I don't know everything about this game. Again I have a life. And isn't that what this forum is for? To help. You guys are horrible at helping. Thanks anyways. Toodles.
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ladyvee wrote: »
    So a good friend of mine had someone make him a weapon it came out to be Meridian Blades with nothing special at all, and he took 115k for the making of them. Did he get ripped off?

Hi,
    All of my manufacturing skills are at lvl 7. This took lots of time and effort to get them there. When people ask me to make something for them, I have to stop what I am doing and go to either the forges or where ever and that takes teleport money to and from.

I have never charged anyone for making anything, but I don't really think its unreasonable. If they agreed before hand what the charge would be then I don't think they got ripped off. Usually you can find someone in your faction to manufacture for free, but remember, offering them teleport costs would be nice.

Getting your skills up costs quite a bit too, I remember grinding for DAYS for oils and glue and leathers to advance my skills :)

Have fun,
    Bunellab:chuckle
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wish there was a way to reroll 3 star equipment stats...maybe for mirages or the new seals you get from celestial tiger event or something. It's so disappointing to find a 3star that has **** adds on it.

Oh look glowing 3star blades!! Oh **** all it gives is magic and mana D:
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    .. That's what you get for trying to help this idiot.. Calling us lifeless pwi addicted btches , just let him and his rtarded question Rot in hell ..
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all the weapon that was made was something you could buy in a damned NPC shop. Second I'm a girl not a guy. And third, well there is no third. None of you are worth my time anymore.
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First of all the weapon that was made was something you could buy in a damned NPC shop. Second I'm a girl not a guy. And third, well there is no third. None of you are worth my time anymore.

You come here asking stupid questions that a 6 year old could answer, and then you get all btchy cause we provide you an honest answer (your friend is an idiot for paying 115k for a NPC weapon) and you try yo use the "no life" card on us?

Your a waist of time.
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wrong only one person provided an honest answer. All the rest of you SOB's ran your mouth and said I should know this ****. When I don't because my face isn't stuck in this screen 24/7 kay? ^_^
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And PLEASE learn the difference between "You're" and "Your". It's not rocket science here.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ladyvee.. forums are places where trolls live b:shocked

but yeah... 115k + mats to someone is too much. I recommend your friend get friends that will do it for free for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Manufacturing is not a ripoff but your friend obviously did not know what he was doing. Manufacturing takes a lot of time and resources, and to be honest he should have been thanking your friend for the opportunity to level up his manufacturing level, although Meridian Blades are very low grade, which means it probably wasn't leveling up his skill anyways but requires so little skill that the extra charge is unnecessary.

However, your reaction to the people who answered your thread is rude at best. YOU posted a question, you deal with the response. It's incredibly rude to insult the people whom you have asked helped from. Even if their responses were not helpful to you, it is YOUR fault for being a **** and snapping at them. Maybe to you, they have no life, but to us, you have no manners or class. If everyone who had a question was like you then no one would ever want to help anyone on these forums.
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks we did, I have a good friend on here who I told what happened and he went out done it right for me and I surprised my other friend. So I'm glad that there are some good people in this game. ^_^
  • ladyvee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Honey, wrong I have class. I asked helped and I got nothing but rude responses. So clearly those who replied to my need in help are those with no class. And I never once said anyone didn't have a life. I said I have a life and don't have my face in this screen. But you know anyone can take whatever I say whichever way they choose. I after all don't know any of you people. And what you think of me matters little.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Honey, wrong I have class. I asked helped and I got nothing but rude responses. So clearly those who replied to my need in help are those with no class. And I never once said anyone didn't have a life. I said I have a life and don't have my face in this screen. But you know anyone can take whatever I say whichever way they choose. I after all don't know any of you people. And what you think of me matters little.

No, you don't. Flying off the handle is not having class, no matter how you were treated. Keeping your cool in spite of trolls is what separates you from the people you are QQing at. You 'having a life' does not mean no one else on these forums do. And no, you shouldn't care what I think of you, but how you present yourself is how you will be judged, and at the moment you are being a whiney child.
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wrong only one person provided an honest answer. All the rest of you SOB's ran your mouth and said I should know this ****. When I don't because my face isn't stuck in this screen 24/7 kay? ^_^
    Again the "I has a life and you dont" move. So pathetic.
    I dont play this game much, I did March-July in 2009(yes more than a year ago) but now its 1-2hrs a day perhaps (for PW Class quest, cube and MQ)

And another desperate comeback is the "grammar nerd" card you had to use, I'm foreign and Icelandic is my mother language, I dont care if I sometimes mess up "Your / You're" cause this is not an English grammar class.

And if you think that you need to be level 90+ to know that 115k for a NPC weapon is a rip off, then you have no place in this game. A level 40 should know this.

Your (ohh do I get a cookie for doing this right?) big mouth trash talking smells like PvE, keep in on that server please.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

Your (ohh do I get a cookie for doing this right?) big mouth trash talking smells like PvE, keep in on that server please.

**** that, PvE servers wouldn't appreciate whiners either. If I helped a noob and she blows up on me because I snapped at her not to aggro mobs and told her that was stupid, I'd leave her in the middle of instance. But lol nice troll attempt.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    most of the time making weapons or other things is a rip-off like tt weapons most of the time the materials are worth more then the weapon u get. but still plenty of ppl keep making in the hope they get max stats/sockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _aMiHaN_ - Archosaur
    _aMiHaN_ - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I asked helped and I got nothing but rude responses.

Just ignore their rude response and focus on people who give you direct answer to your question. Do not even try to argue with them because it will be useless.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    something noone has pointed out yet (i think)

just because you manufacture an item does not mean you are guaranteed to get anything better than an npc item the chance of extra sockets or additional stats or bonuses is random

even with mold or tt items you are more likely to get minimum sockets/stats than you are to get goldy gear

is charging someone 115k to make low level weapon right? probably not but to expect to get it for free is a bit much also - at least cover travel costs.

personally i don't charge folks, in fact i have even gone so far as to shard and refine gear for free for people - even provide the odd mat when they are short a few items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

personally i don't charge folks, in fact i have even gone so far as to shard and refine gear for free for people - even provide the odd mat when they are short a few items.

And it's people like you that keep me playing this game.

I've given away gold TT mats, TT armors and weapons, and all other kinds of stuff- because it's a game. I have fun. Sometimes it's just nice to do something for a faction mate or a friend and not expect anything back.

@OP: Yes it's a bit much. I would not pay to have my weapon made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This thread is filled with so much ROLF.

People get so butt hurt when they hear the truth.

Nonetheless, why the heck would anyone get a NPC weapon made for them? b:sad

Giving stuff away, yah its fun to do. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your a waist of time.

Bwhahahaha waist! You're a Hip of time! A leg of time! A waist of time....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fail troll is fail xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • Siuki - Dreamweaver
    Siuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well some of the mid mat price at the moment is like 8k, atleast on DW server. like pataka alone need 13 silk threads + other mats. those 115k could easy sum up. maybe crafter had to warn that person that mats are extremly expensive and that nothing good can come out of it. If your friend didn't gave mats for him then 115k is reasonable even if that weapon sucks. crafter shouldn't have to pay of their own pocket just because they didn't like the result.
    If your friend did gave him all materials then he can ask nicely for some money back(well atleast most of it).