Tweaked Act III TT bosses?

Options
XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
The cabbage patch notes indicate they increased the difficulty of the Act III TT bosses, and i am curious why they make the good money makers harder in this game, was nerfing nirvana not enough?
Post edited by XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The cabbage patch notes indicate they increased the difficulty of the Act III TT bosses, and i am curious why they make the good money makers harder in this game, was nerfing nirvana not enough?

It's to discourage low DD-ers to do instances. Now only high DD will be able to finish the instance in under 4 hours before it resets. b:bye
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i can respect a decision to keep out low levels from the instances, but profit margins are not what they used to b, so why make something take longer in which the profits are predicated on how quickly and how many runs can b done in x time?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This will make 3-3 more profitable for me. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SheebaBaby - Raging Tide
    SheebaBaby - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle I'll can. But a really sorry for low dds getting mats b:sad
  • Exits - Heavens Tear
    Exits - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to make gear more expencive to farm so you CS more. that's all i c. i find TT 3-3 fairly hard enough with adition of mob count.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok so first people complain that TTs have become nothing but sources of quick income for people with 5 APS.

When they do something about that, people start whining that it makes things ACTUALLY HARDER.

Now wait, what was the point of this game again?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i can respect a decision to keep out low levels from the instances, but profit margins are not what they used to b, so why make something take longer in which the profits are predicated on how quickly and how many runs can b done in x time?

Well, prices go up because less people farm it, so the mats will sell more for more time spent. Benefiting people like me with high DD cause I will probably still farm it.

I'm just waiting for the server to come back up to see how hard they made it.

But the past few patches have indicated, "If you're not 5.0, you can't farm anymore."

• Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So will venos be able to even solo 3-1 anymore for their own gear/make money? I thought the point of the herc was to be able to solo tank stuff or am I wrong about burning 200$? AKA this place is already a you-know-what in the butt and this makes it even more annoying. Stop taking shots from PW-CN and just let us have an uncorrupted version b:angry
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i just have a nagging suspicion this is another attempt to force cash shopping, and that would just b a shame, and there is a great satisfaction in farming great gear without having to cash shop,and i know they need to make monies, but there will always b someone spending cash on the game due to rl time constraints, why not keep the tenuous balance they nearly have now?
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to make gear more expencive to farm so you CS more. that's all i c. i find TT 3-3 fairly hard enough with adition of mob count.

QFT
    10 char
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree, it makes all the nubs more likely to CS.

It makes more of the old-school farmers more money.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm curious how a squad of 95-99's who are actually TRYING to farm their tt99 gear and not heavey csers; newer to the game (so not alot of money saved f/ merchanting etc. will EVER be ale to do a full 3-3 run w/ the changes now in under 4 hrs. Sure the OP geared ppl will make a killing off of this now and now we get even more 100's running around who NEVER get their tt99/Lunar gear now cuz of this.

P.S. OG hit me up for some more of those 3-3's then b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok so first people complain that TTs have become nothing but sources of quick income for people with 5 APS.

When they do something about that, people start whining that it makes things ACTUALLY HARDER.

Now wait, what was the point of this game again?

See, Olba, the thing is....

It's STILL quick income for people with 5 APS. The recent patches don't change a thing for them.

If you're in a squad with "average" players, on the other hand, then you get screwed royally.

Nobody's complaining about the difficulty, per se, but about the fact that you have to either spend a ton of cash, be a top-tier merchant, or know/be a part of the elites of your server to farm basic gear.

I'd understand if they ramped up the difficulty for just 3-3, for instance, but 3-1 as well? That's just the equivalent of telling the people who are just able to start trying to farm it for gear or coin that they should go jump off a bridge. For those of us who already found it as easy, on the other hand, absolutely nothing has changed.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    remember the mat value will not exceed the chipping price, and it is close enough to that now, all this does is reduce non cs profits, for the grinders. Mat value has a cap, and this just makes coin farming harder for us non rl'rs
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I rarely do instances anymore... if this is a attempt to get people to use cash on the game it is having the opposite effect for me. I don't feel I should pay them to modify existing instances and not introduce any new ones outside the problematic new Forest Ruins.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmm they're tweaking endgame instances to be harder again?

win, holding out hope for an instance only farmable with like +8 minimum refines on armor+10 on weapon, bsses wit hquirks from self healing to oddly shaped etch a scetch line aoes and similar obscinities

good work pwi cant wat to try em out in another 11 levels
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

b:chuckle I laughed...ROFL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol if bosses start one shotting anyone that does too much damage per second. Or maybe a 10 meter aoe seal that last for 15 seconds every 20 seconds. b:laugh
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    lol if bosses start one shotting anyone that does too much damage per second. Or maybe a 10 meter aoe seal that last for 15 seconds every 20 seconds. b:laugh

They might as well start brambling the bosses to force people to DD more slowly or they die, ROFL.

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They might as well start brambling the bosses to force people to DD more slowly or they die, ROFL.

Give all bosses permanent hood status just for lulz. b:chuckle
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i dont really understand this update...

so, bosses wont hit harder or anything, just random aggro?

and if its random aggro, magic users/archers keep their distance, the barb should easily be able to regain aggro (with flesh ream) before getting to them, right ... ?

as for melees, well i suppose only assassins would be screwed then, as others (bms) would hopefully be using HA xD

.... or do i have it all wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    all of this making it harder stuff probably just so you can't farm coins as easy, so you would have to cash shop to get stuff easier ;p
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear
    ShadesGlory - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PW is a business, if they can get you to spend more cash then why should they change anything for the people that play?

Work this out - If everyone on PW spends $10 a week on gold how much money does PWE make? The answer tells you one thing only, they only want money.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle I laughed...ROFL b:chuckle

Well... it's totally the truth. b:laugh
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol... I just asked some 5 aps why tried the new 3-3. He can't tank it anymore...

They finally make so that you need barbs to farm endgamegear instance & a barb comes cries.... lol... Just lol... (Talking about a certain Sanct fail wolf that QQed in the other thread)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheBishSlap - Lost City
    TheBishSlap - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sooo i just did steelation with a 5.0 fist bm friend of mine with solid +10 gear and 20k hp
    and it hit him for 30k when it dragoned him then it buffed himself and hit him like 8 times inbetween 2 hits from his damage log wtf even the best chars in the game cant do 3-3?
    im jahailad and i cant change my avatarQQ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yep, this just in, they blew it bad, now 3-3 basically unfarmable, gg greedy devs, now only way to get gear is cash shop, such a dissapointing game now. Might b time to move on, unless fixed, which i really hope they do
  • Belandre - Lost City
    Belandre - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

oh really ? i hear Steelation just hit Kage for over 30 k .... b:bye
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    does this mean not even a veno's herc can do even 3-1??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • TheBishSlap - Lost City
    TheBishSlap - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just tried behe for footprint and it purged and then aoe sealed then hit the bm for 15k twice in a row....
    im jahailad and i cant change my avatarQQ