Beginner Questions

misterdeadserious
misterdeadserious Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Since my old Thread got closed for no Reason, im making this one.

I downloaded Perfect World, just to check out some Stuff, and i cant decide what Class i should choose. Could you Guys gimme some Detail about every Class, Weapons, Gears, Battlestyle etc. Also if im not wrong, they added two Extra Races, what about those?

What Race got which Mount? I only know that those "Woodelfs" got Angelwings and the Humans "surf" on Swords. What about the other Races?
Post edited by misterdeadserious on

Comments

• XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Your thread got closed cos there was too many mentions of other games in it.
    Nice of the GM's to tell you this aye, just another fine example of the support you get from those in (well not really) power.

Have funb:thanks
  • misterdeadserious
    edited August 2010
    Geez, couldnt they just censore it? Well, whatever.

I tested Assassin and Archer so far, and i like both very much, Assassin over Archer. Whats better for PvE? Archer or Sin? What Mounts do Assassins have?

Im very unsure about the Classes..I like both Styles just to much xD

Edit :

I just saw this Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN60kp1n95M

I love this "Arrow Rain" Skill. When do i get this one? Is Archer more 1vs1 or AoE? Same Question for Assassin.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All classes have the same ground mounts.
    Tideborns get wings, similar elves.
    Untamed (barbs and veno's) get flying animals, starter mount is a manta ray

Both are excellent classes for both PVE and PVP, so you may as well level both if you're gonna stick at the game. They can both wear the same armours anyway, so you can switch between them.
  • misterdeadserious
    edited August 2010
    Mh, i just checked a Skillshow, and the Archer totally got my Attention. I think i will roll a Archer first, and try a Assassin later.

About the Wings, get in some other Wings later, the ones i got only last for a few Seconds. Do the later ones still have the MP Limitation?

Edit :

Im tired again, i will test both Classes tomorrow again...Both got my Attention, i hope for some Responses which Class is better for a Beginner.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Archers white wings will drain mana. You can get new wings that wont drain mana at level 30 through a quest but they are slow.as.hell.
    I would refer you to the boutique and buy one wings from there since they are faster and dont drain mana either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if you try and find some gear with +mp recovery additional stats you won't have to worry about the mp drain while flying around out of combat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    this game sucks so bad dont even start for real lol
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Read the Basic Game info here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/

Or check out the Beginner guides here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear10
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear10 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Regarding mounts:
    -The earliest ground mounts have a level requirement of 20, most are 40-50. Some can be upgraded ("spurred"), some can't.
    -While Winged Elves can fly from level 1 with the default whites, these consume mana as Esnemyl already pointed out. The sad part is, clerics regenerate mana fast enough that only archers actually feel the effect of it. Only the white starter wings eat mana though, any others are free-to-fly. You get Eagle wings at 30 for free (through a quest), or you can save up some coin and buy better ones from the Auction House. I strongly recommend not sinking actual money into this game, especially since you're just starting out. The earliest you can get non-mana-eaters is level 10, I believe.
    -Tideborn get "mystic" wings, which are basically the same as W.Elf wings but look to be made of energy and light instead of feathers.

As far as class advice, the Archer forum has some thorough guides. Look over those first, then try a search if you have specific questions. Odds are, someone else has already asked it. Do note the last post-date in any search-result threads though, "necros" (reviving a thread after 30 days or so) are another "do-not" here, and generally results in a lock if a mod finds it. If you find something you need clarified, that's the time for a new thread.

EDIT: And why the heck is my post-count always resetting? b:sad
  • misterdeadserious
    edited August 2010
    I just wanted to repair my Bow at this Bamboo Village Chief, via the "Repair Gear" Option, but he wanted a special Item. How do i repair my Stuff?
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    To repair your bow or armor, go to any vendor NPC (except a Jewelcraftsman), choose Goods and then at the bottom right of the shop window there are two options: Repair and Repair All.

Clicking on "Repair" will change your cursor's icon to a hammer. You can then click on the item you wish to repair. Hovering your hammer over the item will show you how much it will cost to repair it.

Clicking "Repair All" is pretty self-explanatory. You'll have a window pop up with the total amount needed to repair all of your gear in one go and then just need to confirm or cancel.

The Repair Gear option is related to Shattered Gear, which is different to normal repairs. Explanation here:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=368092
  • misterdeadserious
    edited August 2010
    Thanks b:victory

And what are manufacturing Skills?

Also i got a Genie from a Quest...What does that do? It got some Kind of Debuff. I read that i can level it with either my Exp, Items or my Spirit. How do i do that? And whats Spirit anyways? I noticed that it gets Exp once i killed a Mob, but i didnt noticed that it drains half of my Exp.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The Ultimate New Players Guide To Crafting and Harvesting

Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

There's an answer to pretty much any question you have on these forums - just browse the Beginner's Section or use the search function for specific things. You will get more detailed information from a thread devoted to the topic than by asking questions in the General forum.
  • misterdeadserious
    edited August 2010
    So manu Skills is basicly crafting? Is it a Way to make Money, or just to strenght my own Equip? Which one of the Paths is recommended as Archer? I checked out this Build : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185611

but i just noticed its from 2008. Is it still up to Date? Since one Thread tells me Frost Arrow is only good maxed with the Sage Path ( I dont realy know about that yet ) and this one tells me to Max it. Ive read in the Beginners FAQ, that the Paths are "Paths" to pick at High Levels, which add Extra Effects on Skills, Sage Path is more for Heal Chars and Demons Path for Offensive Chars, so i will probably choose the Demon Path ( I know theres still a looooong Way to go, but i dont want to start all over again because of a simple Misstake )

And btw...Whats Culitvation for? Just for learning more Skills?

Edit :

I looked into the Genie Guide, and it was helpfull, but i still have no Idea what Spirit is...Is it Mana? Chi?

Also, is the Genie Guide for Archers up to Date?

Sorry for asking so much, but im still learning x)
  • misterdeadserious
    edited August 2010
    Allright, i checked some FAQs, learned a bit ingame^^ Spirit, Genie etc. Next on my List are the Upgrades and Crafting...

What exact Purpose has Crafting? Do i craft for myselfe, or can i sell the crafts? In one of my older Games ( Im not saying a Name :p ) i needed like a Billion Money to be good at crafting, so could some1 explain that to me? ( Not the Crafting System itselfe, i readed this Thread. I mean what i can do with Crafting ).

And the Upgrades...I found a Ruby, i guess it increases Fire Damage or something? Since i read something about Mob Elements. Can i see somewhere what Element a Monster got? Will my Weapons in higher Levels be based on that Element? For Example, from Level 60 to 80 i will mostly kill Wood Monsters, so i get a Fire Weapon, or theres speficic Boss with a good Droprate with Wood Element, so i get Fire Weapons...etc. I will probably learn that Stuff later in the Game anyways, but im a curious Person.