Interrupted and delayed death

Options
Blackula__ - Archosaur
Blackula__ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Cleric
Ok, I thought i would give a go at being a cleric but I have noticed 2 very frustrating things so far.

1.) Interrupted over and over again.....Just died cause I was interrupted 4x in a row. Does a skill or attribute effect my concentration?

2.) Also I have noticed that some creatures (ranged maybe) tend to get a final hit on me....I am under L30 so this last hit often kills me.

These are two questions I have so far...Any advice from the Experiencedb:laugh
Post edited by Blackula__ - Archosaur on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1: Nope. It just happens and it's something you'll wind up having to learn to live with unless you're using instant channel pots or such.

2: Your main's an archer and you've never noticed this before? Really? Because this happens all the time when dealing with ranged mobs. Especially at the lower levels when you take a bit longer to kill things. Here's a hint: heal yourself before you finish a mob off if another hit from it could potentially kill you.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    1: Nope. It just happens and it's something you'll wind up having to learn to live with unless you're using instant channel pots or such.

2: Your main's an archer and you've never noticed this before? Really? Because this happens all the time when dealing with ranged mobs. Especially at the lower levels when you take a bit longer to kill things. Here's a hint: heal yourself before you finish a mob off if another hit from it could potentially kill you.

^ This 100%

Interrupts really really sucs....however, you learn to get through them and adjust. Generally it is all in the timing of skills and being able to change things up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Blackula__ - Archosaur
    Blackula__ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL......Nope never noticed it before....because 1.) I kill them before they get close to me and 2.) Most of the time they miss. I Rarely if ever die on archer and its never been after the mob should be dead. Only issue with archer is when things get too closeb:chuckle

Ah....Rose just noticed your addition to the interrupt issue. I definitely need to learn the timing of skills on a cleric. I keep trying to do my attack which is why I die, even if I wanted until I got hit to channel might be better then ....try (interrupt) try (interrupt) try (interrupt) ty:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL......Nope never noticed it before....because 1.) I kill them before they get close to me and 2.) Most of the time they miss. I Rarely if ever die on archer and its never been after the mob should be dead. Only issue with archer is when things get too closeb:chuckle

Ah....Rose just noticed your addition to the interrupt issue. I definitely need to learn the timing of skills on a cleric. I keep trying to do my attack which is why I die, even if I wanted until I got hit to channel might be better then ....try (interrupt) try (interrupt) try (interrupt) ty:chuckle

Giving yourself 1-2 IH's before attacking a mob will help to ease some damage...you might be surprised.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean about the interrupts lol... my first character on pw was a venomancer, and when I switched to cleric after liking it the interrupts really surprised me. Since obviously, usually a veno's pet is the one getting the damage therefore no or little interrupts lol.

So yeah I know what you mean and it does take adjusting like many have said. IH will be your best friend, and later on so will plume shell and such like that to ease the damage. I know the archer mobs are annoying with the last hit, I guess like the others have said already, use IH and usually a few stacked will keep you alive.

Overall clerics just take a bit of getting used to. :) But once you get the hang of it it's a fun class. Being a support cleric has been my favourite so far, personally. I like helping people out lol.

Good luck ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]