Mailing Cash

Narcyz - Sanctuary
Narcyz - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Has anyone else had issues mailing (comparatively) large amounts of cash? After mailing out a 11.4 TT payment to the person in charge of divvying up the total amount. The mail she received said it contained the 11.4 mil.....But ( O_O) it seems only 5.7 mil went to her inventory when she took it out of the mail.

The person who received the mail's very trustworthy and i've heard of mail glitches before, but had never experienced it myself.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar (<.< ) ?

Regardless, i'm never mailing that amount at once again, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Narcyz - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Could this person have hit the maximum cap of 200,000,000 coins on person?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Narcyz - Sanctuary
    Narcyz - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    xD I'm sure she'd like that, but at the time she only had a little over 5 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No.

I am the person missing the money, and when I accepted the cash from the mail, I had just 5 mil coins in my inventory (and none in my bank).

He sent me 11.4 mil, which I saw in the mail.

I now have 11.2mil. So, if we assume I still had my original 5 mil (which I did), then it's as if half of the 11.4mil just went poof.

People were depending on me, and I feel utterly fail, even though I can't see how I could have done anything to cause this. I realized the money was missing immediately after trying to put the money from the mail into my inventory. I didn't accidentally drop any (looked), I didn't buy anything, I didn't put any into my bank. It's just gone.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No.

I am the person missing the money, and when I accepted the cash from the mail, I had just 5 mil coins in my inventory (and none in my bank).

He sent me 11.4 mil, which I saw in the mail.

I now have 11.2mil. So, if we assume I still had my original 5 mil (which I did), then it's as if half of the 11.4mil just went poof.

People were depending on me, and I feel utterly fail, even though I can't see how I could have done anything to cause this. I realized the money was missing immediately after trying to put the money from the mail into my inventory. I didn't accidentally drop any (looked), I didn't buy anything, I didn't put any into my bank. It's just gone.

Don't really know what to say except put in a ticket.

I was going to suggest Narcyz might have entered the incorrect amount in the initial mail but if you saw the correct amount and it didn't deposit it correctly into your inventory as well as the mail now being empty, that puts paid to that possibiltiy.

Hope you manage to sort it out.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Thank you. I wasn't sure what good submitting a ticket would do, but it wouldn't do any harm, either...
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    trade is your friend
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:victory or remake whole squad n drop the money so it automatically splittes 1/6 b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    drop the money lmao!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:surrender lol forgot to say than pick money after drop so then it splits automatically b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Yes, trade is your friend, and we should have done that instead; however, I was in TT, and we've both mailed moderate sums of coins before with absolutely no issue, so we weren't concerned. This is how we always get money out to people for TT splits - mailing the coins, and I have never had an issue.

Oh well...I guess we can only wait to see if any of the GMs can/will help us, and if not...well, if this isn't a good coin sink for the game, then I dunno what is.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pkerfairfax
    pkerfairfax Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh well...I guess we can only wait to see if any of the GMs can/will help us, and if not...well, if this isn't a good coin sink for the game, then I dunno what is.

I heard PWI secretly put a reduction of -50% coins on mailing in the tw patch. They didn't want the leaders of lands who stocked up on coins pre tw to suddenly give their guildies any moneyb:beg.
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you have checked your inventory for 10m notes, yes?
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • Dagger_Wish - Dreamweaver
    Dagger_Wish - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    10 mill notes r only generated with cat shop or the banker

And hi Lady b:byeb:bye
    Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life, so waste your time and have the time of your life !
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I think I finally figured out what happened (with the help of the PWI staff - now I hope they see things the way I do and give me a refund)~

On August 11th, I attend a friend's wedding ceremony. I didn't have enough coins to summon the ex a second time, but I tried it anyway (hey, I'm curious, wanted to see what would happen). The ex, of course, did not summon, not did I get a "you don't have the proper funds" message, which I thought was odd, but meh.

Fast forward to nearly a week later, August 16th. Narcyz sends me 11.4 mil through the mail. The INSTANT I accept that money, I have enough to pay for the summoning-of-the-ex process, and it automatically deducted the money, even though the summoning had been almost a week before. Can you imagine what would have happened had I -grinded- out that much money, rather than recieved it from the mail? I would have had exactly 0 money to my name, lol~

So, be warned - the summoning the ex quest is glitched - DO NOT take the quest if you don't have the money, because it'll come back and bite you in the *** once you DO have the money, however forward in time that may be.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I think I finally figured out what happened (with the help of the PWI staff - now I hope they see things the way I do and give me a refund)~

On August 11th, I attend a friend's wedding ceremony. I didn't have enough coins to summon the ex a second time, but I tried it anyway (hey, I'm curious, wanted to see what would happen). The ex, of course, did not summon, not did I get a "you don't have the proper funds" message, which I thought was odd, but meh.

Fast forward to nearly a week later, August 16th. Narcyz sends me 11.4 mil through the mail. The INSTANT I accept that money, I have enough to pay for the summoning-of-the-ex process, and it automatically deducted the money, even though the summoning had been almost a week before. Can you imagine what would have happened had I -grinded- out that much money, rather than recieved it from the mail? I would have had exactly 0 money to my name, lol~

So, be warned - the summoning the ex quest is glitched - DO NOT take the quest if you don't have the money, because it'll come back and bite you in the *** once you DO have the money, however forward in time that may be.

That has got to suck if they don't refund it..., quest should fail on leaving the instance.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    That has got to suck if they don't refund it..., quest should fail on leaving the instance.

That, or...it should have failed the moment I took the quest, since I didn't have the money.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    That, or...it should have failed the moment I took the quest, since I didn't have the money.

Kind of amazing it even let you pick it up, as in the cube if you don't have enough money to start the quest it basically tells you to **** off...
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Kind of amazing it even let you pick it up, as in the cube if you don't have enough money to start the quest it basically tells you to **** off...

Exactly! It's a glitch, and I bet it's a testable, repeatable glitch, so I'm hoping that means that they will reimburse me.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Exactly! It's a glitch, and I bet it's a testable, repeatable glitch, so I'm hoping that means that they will reimburse me.

They should... I mean they gave someone back a +12 orb when they used it to +1 something... after all it is just virtual goods, not like they are losing money giving it back to you.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They should... I mean they gave someone back a +12 orb when they used it to +1 something... after all it is just virtual goods, not like they are losing money giving it back to you.

Me remember that.
    That was funny because he was trying to blame it on PW for his own incompetence.
    b:chuckle

Like oh mawh gawd you guys need to give me a free +12 orb and let me keep the +1 refine on mah gear even though the +12 orb did exactly what it said it would do!
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

Ahahahaha, what? That's incredible. XD
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]