Sage/Demon Question

Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I wanted to now a little more about the sage/demon quests, Can someone explain to me please? (On a side note I've been to the database but it doesn't really explain what's going on in the quests)Thanks in advance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
Post edited by Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sage Cultivation Quest

Demon Cultivation Quest

You can preview and progress them by clicking on the "next stage: XXX" link in the upper right corner...

But then, you do some traveling, get 10 of each celestones (human/earth/heaven), and go into a FB for 3 bosses (eden for Demon and Brimstone for Sage), then you get the title and the option to learn Sage/Demon skills....
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well when you ding 89 you're given two culti paths, one by sage guide, the other by demon guide. To be noted here is that once you pick one, the quest cannot be trashed and you're stuck with your choice for the rest of your pwi life =P

Then you're sent off to see the elder of buddha city, talk to a few people, dig a thingy surrounded by 4 elite mobs (near tusk town for sage culti, scorpion valley for demon), then you have to get 10 of each celestones, check out a thingy in harshlands (at least for sages, not sure if the demon path differs here), fb89 (brimstone for sages, eden for demons), report to the respective guide and voila; you get your fairy =P
    b:dirty
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    as a note about the digging part, unless you got a herc, you need to get someone(s) to help you, the mobs have too much hp/respawn too fast to solo it
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    as a note about the digging part, unless you got a herc, you need to get someone(s) to help you, the mobs have too much hp/respawn too fast to solo it

Herc? you do realize I'm a archer(Well a pretty decent hybrid) but ok more then likely I'll have someone with me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
    edited June 2009
    Well when you ding 89 you're given two culti paths, one by sage guide, the other by demon guide. To be noted here is that once you pick one, the quest cannot be trashed and you're stuck with your choice for the rest of your pwi life =P

Then you're sent off to see the elder of buddha city, talk to a few people, dig a thingy surrounded by 4 elite mobs (near tusk town for sage culti, scorpion valley for demon), then you have to get 10 of each celestones, check out a thingy in harshlands (at least for sages, not sure if the demon path differs here), fb89 (brimstone for sages, eden for demons), report to the respective guide and voila; you get your fairy =P

I always thought Eden was for sages and Brimstone was for Demons

6/20/10 Last day
    edited June 2009
    thanks again and can you be a little clear about the sage quests? thats what Im going for.

6/20/10 Last day
    edited June 2009

^most helpful so far

6/20/10 Last day
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Woah...quadruple post... O_O;;

...anywho, you're right about Eden being for sages and whatnot. But I believe the quest involves you supporting your "side" by defeating your "opposing sides" guardians of their Instance...or whatever.

I'm going Sage at 89, btw. 7 more levels! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Even with a Herc, the digging part's a pain. Especially for Demons. Not only do the four level 90 elites have high hp and spawn fast, two low level scorpions also spawn there and they randomly walk around and aggro you, preventing you from digging. Best to have someone with you who can keep them off your back.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No prob, I'll help you with that partb:victoryb:cute
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited June 2009
    Konariraiden thanks for the verification you rockb:victory

Anywho for one last time Im not a veno I have not made a veno and I don't plan on doing it. No more Herc talk, Keep it Clean

6/20/10 Last day
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Nah, it's pretty easy. Using a golem, just go in at an angle so all of them doesn't aggro at once. Let the golem slowly aggro each one (they hurt) so they won't attack you, then beat them to a sliver of their hp and move to the next one. Do it with all four, then just kill them all at once. You'll have plenty of time to dig.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Nah, it's pretty easy. Using a golem, just go in at an angle so all of them doesn't aggro at once. Let the golem slowly aggro each one (they hurt) so they won't attack you, then beat them to a sliver of their hp and move to the next one. Do it with all four, then just kill them all at once. You'll have plenty of time to dig.

a smart veno? pfft i got pwned. and nice b:victory
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    brimstone = sage
    eden = demon
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you're right about Eden being for sages

Sages fb is brimstone pit.
    (Think good destroying evil)
  • coconutz
    coconutz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the digging part aint that hard, you just need another player (preferably tanky axe bm or barb) to distract the 4 mobs and use healing skills n pot, while the other person dig. You dont need to kill them as the digging doesnt take tat long (>= a minute if i remember correctly).As for the scorpions, the player that distracting them just need to aggro them as they spawn.
  • ackz
    ackz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i would like to say that as an 89 sin i solo'd the dig, easy...

tank it with crab meat, and do what the hercs do... beat it to a slither and move on, then kill all at once.

you will use 20 or so crab meats if you spark consistantly...

not that much, and doing so i found the dig so easy to tank, im sure any class could solo it.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    wow nice necrob:bye
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Riannie - Raging Tide
    Riannie - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nice info before i get to chose sage/demon on my main and one of my alts.
  • Orange_fox - Sanctuary
    Orange_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I dug just me and my herc. Had sacrafice him and take a couple hits to my charm to acomplish it. I don't suggest it.