An Apology to Calamity

Tyramera - Dreamweaver
Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Dear Calamity,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the 65% of our faction that decided not to show up for a triple defend - essentially, if not technically, resulting in a no-show defense against you.

It would be easy to blame it on lack of TW pay for charms and such. But our TW pay was not that much, and, like you, we have have officers and helpful people running TTs and Nirvana to raise money for charms and other TW needs. And, as others have pointed out, we have gone for months long stretches in the past without any pay - yes still shown up in force and ready every weekend.

It seems to me that while your motivation for TW (besides fun), capturing the map, remains strong for your members, our motivation (besides fun), opposing Calamity's bid for the map, is not strong enough for a majority of our members to care. And I suspect this is due to a lack of shared history among our members.

I joined EQ a bit over a year ago, and now when one presses 'G' I am on the first page (which before you do any sorting is listed by join date). That is quite a bit of turnover, and every guild has it. But in EQ it means we have a lot of people who weren't there when we were getting 6-7 min steamrolled by you, yet showed up each week charmed and ready, and stretched those fights to 30min, and 1 hour, and eventually did what was thought impossible and beat Calamity. The task of opposing Calamity, of continually trying to frustrate their bid for the map, is part of the essence of EQ - the history of this server has made it so. But I guess we have a lot of people who don't get that, and perhaps I can't blame them if they were not here for all the wars and the history. Without the pay, or more importantly, the promise of additional pay if we worked hard and took more lands, and without that history, I suppose they would rather just hang out in our faction with lots of 90+ so they can FC and farm instances easily and not bother with paying for TW when they aren't motivated by challenging Calamity.

I sincerely hope this will change, that people will get motivated and we can once again give you a challenge in TW. I really hope that perhaps we have had a lot of people on summer vacation or busy and that it is just a coincidence that attendance is down with the new patch. I hope that we can recruit people who embrace the task of opposing Calamity, who, despite not sharing the history, understand that it is part of what EQ is and what being an EQ member is.

But for now, I apologize that your challenge of taking the map looks to be less of a bitter fight between two rivals and more of an anti-climactic cakewalk. Ending not with a bang, but a whimper.

your favourite purging veno,

Tyramera
Post edited by Tyramera - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Let's face it: TW's are now exclusively for those with money. Unless you cash shop, or have been sitting on large caches of coins for a while from holding vast amounts of territories, you lack the means to fund further wars. The new bidding and reward system is heinous. This entire patch is heinous. If anyone should have to apologize for the fail TWs, it should be the developers.

The incentive to go to war has been eliminated, even for those who do it for fun. I'm sure territory wars will continue, but only those willing to throw down real money will be able to enjoy it. Congratulations, your favorite costless MMO has become pay to play.

Because I Can,
    Mr. Warren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Cheekysmile - Dreamweaver
    Cheekysmile - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    threatening them with words like "cakewalk" will probably help your cause <_<
  • Cheekysmile - Dreamweaver
    Cheekysmile - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Let's face it: TW's are now exclusively for those with money. Unless you cash shop, or have been sitting on large caches of coins for a while from holding vast amounts of territories, you lack the means to fund further wars. The new bidding and reward system is heinous. This entire patch is heinous. If anyone should have to apologize for the fail TWs, it should be the developers.

The incentive to go to war has been eliminated, even for those who do it for fun. I'm sure territory wars will continue, but only those willing to throw down real money will be able to enjoy it. Congratulations, your favorite costless MMO has become pay to play.

Because I Can,
    Mr. Warren

yes but after Calamity's cakewalk, the map will reset!

then more factions can compete for while, until Calamity takes all the land again.

i applied for EQ, and they are Nix only faction... now i have zero intention of buying a nix to join EQ. O_ o
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010

then more factions can compete for while, until Calamity takes all the land again.

i applied for EQ, and they are Nix only faction... now i have zero intention of buying a nix to join EQ. O_ o

I believe that is incorrect as a friend of mine recently joined Equinox and she has neither Hercules or Phoenix.

Obviously however, a better, more authoritative answer could come from a Equinox recruiter.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well said, Tyra. My third TW was the Calamity win, and although I wasn't there for long, I wanted to help defeat Calamity. But for now, I suppose, we'll have to wait and see...

First off, the map WILL NOT RESET. I forget what server, but a faction took over the entire map. There was no reset - the faction disbanded on their own. Also... EQ isn't nix only -.-;; We have plenty of venos without the legendary pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is because players like you or Graviora, that I still have a lot of respect for the people in Equinox that still live up to the ideas of players like xJaYx, Fenian or Wolfgang. Equinox has always been a formidable enemy in the battlefield, when you proved your skills were worth the preparation we have been having to go through this past weeks. Rather than the bashing, that you can see in this forums or read through world chats.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9465602&postcount=8

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9479692&postcount=32

In case you're wondering what bashing I was referring to. That just from last week I wont bother looking further.

I know I don't need to say this, but don't lose faith, you have been there before back when Tideborn lands came out and you had to move south. So were we just a few months ago when we gave you an open map having to defend Dynasty and Vanquish with 80 people. I hope your officers and leaders can think of ways to overcome your slump in activity and be the great motivation to TW you have always been.

A lot of our members in Calamity this past month are new, we keep refreshing with every week. I can relate to what you say when you talk about them disregarding the past. I'm usually the old fool in faction chat that tries to explain the joke and history behind the crab icon, and why Turtles and Crabs have an ongoing war. Hell, I just rejoined Calamity in April (and then again in June >.<), and I'm almost again halfway through the roster. The people that I joined with, back in July last year, is already in the first pages.

Calamity reaction Sunday afternoon was not of mission accomplished, but rather of disappointment, sadness when we learned from players like Azn and Illyana that there was a chance we would be getting an empty map. Time will tell if we can achieve a full red map. What happens after, its entirely up to Calamity leaders and the members reaction. We are known for letting our members take big part on the decisions the faction makes, and I'm really looking forward to it. Personally, I'd like to see a multicolored map, while we keep on pushing EQ away from it b:laugh

As for me, if and when we achieve a full red map. I'd probably bring my BM to Calamity. I'm a carebear, I like to PvE more than any sort of PK. b:chuckle

Oh and... I have to admit, I have seen you were killed by Tyramera more than by any other veno b:angry
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2010

yay for typically stupid cheekysmile reply!
    dont worry cheeky, i'm sure that's the reason you were rejected from eq... totally b:laugh
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    "It will not end with a bang, but a whimper"

I can sortofa see where this sentiment might come from, but I don't think that's exactly true here.
    Even if Cala can still steamroll all the way to the end with no show from EQ, I still don't think it's a whimper. That's because the feat of having all of the map is still just as grand as with a last 2,5 hour last epic standoff with EQ.

This is because Calamity already had those fights back up at north. EQ's little spike in power didn't last all that long and even then Calamity was occationally capable of winning. Even without that last epic battle, it's still a magnificent achievement.
  • Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
    Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dear Calamity,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the 65% of our faction that decided not to show up for a triple defend - essentially, if not technically, resulting in a no-show defense against you.

It would be easy to blame it on lack of TW pay for charms and such. But our TW pay was not that much, and, like you, we have have officers and helpful people running TTs and Nirvana to raise money for charms and other TW needs. And, as others have pointed out, we have gone for months long stretches in the past without any pay - yes still shown up in force and ready every weekend.

It seems to me that while your motivation for TW (besides fun), capturing the map, remains strong for your members, our motivation (besides fun), opposing Calamity's bid for the map, is not strong enough for a majority of our members to care. And I suspect this is due to a lack of shared history among our members.

I joined EQ a bit over a year ago, and now when one presses 'G' I am on the first page (which before you do any sorting is listed by join date). That is quite a bit of turnover, and every guild has it. But in EQ it means we have a lot of people who weren't there when we were getting 6-7 min steamrolled by you, yet showed up each week charmed and ready, and stretched those fights to 30min, and 1 hour, and eventually did what was thought impossible and beat Calamity. The task of opposing Calamity, of continually trying to frustrate their bid for the map, is part of the essence of EQ - the history of this server has made it so. But I guess we have a lot of people who don't get that, and perhaps I can't blame them if they were not here for all the wars and the history. Without the pay, or more importantly, the promise of additional pay if we worked hard and took more lands, and without that history, I suppose they would rather just hang out in our faction with lots of 90+ so they can FC and farm instances easily and not bother with paying for TW when they aren't motivated by challenging Calamity.

I sincerely hope this will change, that people will get motivated and we can once again give you a challenge in TW. I really hope that perhaps we have had a lot of people on summer vacation or busy and that it is just a coincidence that attendance is down with the new patch. I hope that we can recruit people who embrace the task of opposing Calamity, who, despite not sharing the history, understand that it is part of what EQ is and what being an EQ member is.

But for now, I apologize that your challenge of taking the map looks to be less of a bitter fight between two rivals and more of an anti-climactic cakewalk. Ending not with a bang, but a whimper.

Tyramera

One very very very mature post, I take my hat to you. b:thanks

It remembers me the time Equinox, some months ago, have not attacked at all and Ajay went to Dynasty ventrillo to apologize for that, something that really show the level of maturity and responsability of someone. Its easy too be happy when everything goes well, but its how well you handle things when every is going the wrong way that really matters the most.

Now a little more in topic, I really want to see Equinox problems to go away as soon as possible, the server wouldn't be the same without you guys.

But not only Equinox, all other factions in the server, Dynasty, Vanquish, HDT, Tempest... too many to tell them... should have fun in TW. Calamity just happens to be the faction with more land on this server but that doesn't mean that others cannot have fun doing TW (I know I have b:chuckle)

Hope I see some of you guys in game, maybe in a FC, maybe in a rebirth, maybe just talking with each other, who knows, maybe in a TW? Because in the end, having fun its all that really matters.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    This is because Calamity already had those fights back up at north. EQ's little spike in power didn't last all that long and even then Calamity was occationally capable of winning. Even without that last epic battle, it's still a magnificent achievement.

Agreed. TW changes can't diminish Calamity accomplishments, taken that we achieved 2 straight wins on attacks, 3 defenses before TW pay changes. It could have been 6 total wins, if we were to execute as we should have had during the first try at retaking Plume, with EQ crystal at 2m and 1 hour left of the war, sadly, Equinox adapted well then and we didn't. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    QUOTE=Cheekysmile - Dreamweaver;9688942]yes but after Calamity's cakewalk, the map will reset!

i applied for EQ, and they are Nix only faction... now i have zero intention of buying a nix to join EQ. O_ o[/QUOTE]

I believe that is incorrect as a friend of mine recently joined Equinox and she has neither Hercules or Phoenix.

Obviously however, a better, more authoritative answer could come from a Equinox recruiter.

Regards.

Official person who spoke with cheeky last night:

Yes we do require you to be working for a nix. We also require that you be drama-free and have real goals for your toon. Anything less is unacceptable. I also informed her that we are recruiting people who will TW every weekend. She then informed me that game was too repetitive and she was not willing to work that hard. So be it.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    no need for an apology stuff happen like that xD anyway i cant say i am sad i am more of disappointed but all i can say is i am proud of calamity that it didnt get affected ;)

and Tyr u r the veno who killed me the most in tws QQ its either u or an archer nobody else kills me ;(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Official person who spoke with cheeky last night:

Yes we do require you to be working for a nix. We also require that you be drama-free and have real goals for your toon. Anything less is unacceptable. I also informed her that we are recruiting people who will TW every weekend. She then informed me that game was too repetitive and she was not willing to work that hard. So be it.

Thank you, Aubree. I posted earlier that it wasn't required, and Rob cleared it up for me earlier today. Sorry for my own mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:surrenderwho is tyramera? I thought the only veno who EQ has is Raszagal...maybe cause thats the only veno who kills me q.q.

jk, nice seeing ya tyramera b:bye
    b:shockedif what you said is true, then if i wouldve stayed in EQ i would be on the first page toob:shocked

Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I'm on the second page b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cheers Aubree.

Didn't know that you needed to be working towards a phoenix for a venomancer.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    One very very very mature post, I take my hat to you. b:thanks

It remembers me the time Equinox, some months ago, have not attacked at all and Ajay went to Dynasty ventrillo to apologize for that, something that really show the level of maturity and responsability of someone. Its easy too be happy when everything goes well, but its how well you handle things when every is going the wrong way that really matters the most.

Now a little more in topic, I really want to see Equinox problems to go away as soon as possible, the server wouldn't be the same without you guys.

But not only Equinox, all other factions in the server, Dynasty, Vanquish, HDT, Tempest... too many to tell them... should have fun in TW. Calamity just happens to be the faction with more land on this server but that doesn't mean that others cannot have fun doing TW (I know I have b:chuckle)

Hope I see some of you guys in game, maybe in a FC, maybe in a rebirth, maybe just talking with each other, who knows, maybe in a TW? Because in the end, having fun its all that really matters.

Calamity Dished out a Fun TW Last weekend it was a good fight even though we didnt come even close to winning but we had fun :), Didnt See Andres or Miz there but BB and Tyranny and Spitball, Greeted us. Those Sins Got me :(. b:laugh

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5896/20100814190811.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Calamity Dished out a Fun TW Last weekend it was a good fight even though we didnt come even close to winning but we had fun :), Didnt See Andres or Miz there but BB and Tyranny and Spitball, Greeted us. Those Sins Got me :(. b:laugh

http://img17.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img17/5896/20100814190811.png&via=mupload

95% of the time im in EQ fights b:surrender
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010

Generally, I'm assigned to lead an EQ wars squad. But funny history, I had a fun night the night before this TW, and woke up late for the TW meeting (at 8:01 PM Server time) so I went to Vanquish and Legacy wars. I wrote the TW report for those wars, but PWI forums are being dumb for me QQ
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Lee_Hyori - Dreamweaver
    Lee_Hyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Dear Calamity,

Tyramera

Wow, tyra, that is really well written. You got me very nostalgic of EQ. Sometimes, I really feel these recent times pales in comparison to the experiences I've had in EQ. And I agree with you, EQ got a history with Cala, which made this game a lot more interesting to me at the time; however it's something only few people can now appreciate. It makes me kinda regret that I wasn't able to attend those TW fights and contribute more. But now you guys can shape a new history for future EQers. b:victory

okay i think that's all for now, later b:bye
    retired from pwi b:cry
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't want to gloat, and I don't really want to bring up the past. Though your post is exactly why my targets were never EQ as a whole... that's all i'll say about it. =x

I do feel that you are right, Equnioxians have lost that will to fight, where they were all in on a common goal, and could put aside ALL of there annoyances with each other, whether it be with the one's in charge, or just the other regular joes, and work together in a squad to give cala one hell of a run for it's money.

Alas, after one week after the controversial update, that seems to be quite false. ;/ Which I really kind of wish it wasn't, Eq, like every guild had there bad apples, and their good apples, and I hold them as a whole no ill will with what happened between me and EQ, really hope that you/I are just jumping to conclusions and EQ, will rebound soon, and keep cala from taking over all the lands. It really was an interesting struggle to watch.

Either way whether EQ rebounds or not, my hat goes of to calamity for holding on, and just showing us all just how much they deserve to hold all the lands, takes a real strong structure to adapt/achieve as many victories as cala has, even EQ deserves a tip of the hat for showing us all that the underdog pushing back in the face of defeat isn't just from movies.

It's like the story of 300... Where the 300 man army is eq, and cala is the "big mean" invader that was being held off by a mere team of 300, I know bad analogy (especially considering cala for the most part isn't rude/cant enslave the world :D) but meh I like the story, still though no words can truly describe how well Equinox has been doing when it comes to fending of the top tw team for countless weeks.

It is sad to see this changing, and if it was due to the lack of cash from tw, then well as I said, I hope they can rebound once again, and show us they too can still fight on. So once again I hope that we are all wrong that this shattering defeat during the weekend was a mere fluke and eq, will be toe to toe with cala next weekend, with both teams full 80 showing up giving each other the challenge they both seek.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The game is dead.

But it does give me a small shred of pleasure seeing EQ failing so hard after reading some posts from their officers, how they've always been the ones fighting the good fight, not interested in pay, etc etc.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    The game is dead.

But it does give me a small shred of pleasure seeing EQ failing so hard after reading some posts from their officers, how they've always been the ones fighting the good fight, not interested in pay, etc etc.

hai pro metal mageb:bye
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, I know that some people got bummed a bit because of the changes that happened to TW. But really, as for me, I would still love to TW even though I'm in a small yet growing faction, it is fun.

And I wouldn't settle unless I get 1 PvP kill at Andres. :P You one-shotted me last TW. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    First, ty Tyramera for a very well-written, intelligent, mature post. I myself am saddened by current events. I'll never forget my first Cala vs. EQ epic 3-hour wars. Yes, they are a huge burn, a huge drain on all of us, but hot damn were they fun :) I always prefer a challenge over a steamroll. I truly hope EQ can make a comeback and throw up some more challenges :)

Because I Can,
    Mr. Warren

I find this rather amusing. I am not among "those with money" and yet for the last couple of weeks, I've still managed to show for TW and with a charm even, with all my apoths in a row, my attack and defense charms ready to go.

The incentive to go to war is far from eliminated, at least for me and most of the people I know in Calamity and out. Sure, sure, some played for the pay, but I believe that in the last 2 weeks, Calamity has more than shown that the majority of our members were never there for the pay. I have never been so proud of my family as I have been in the last 2 weeks :)

I love to TW. But I, like Andres, have always been far more interested in the PvE aspects of this game. I love nothing more than to just have a nice party, do something fun that involves lots of killing, and joking and laughing all the while. I don't even care when I die, never have, it's only exp and can always be regained in some way.

And besides, I find your reply in this thread highly inappropriate and misplaced - there are plenty of other QQ threads you could have posted on in regards to the changes in PWI.

To Tyramera and all of EQ, I wish you luck and I hope to see a better showing in future TWs - it's about more than pay, it's about family, friendship, teamwork and just having a good time. It is just a game after all, right?
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well... I didn't really think I'd be posting in here, but there's a few posts that I feel I should comment on.

First... let's talk about the lack of motivation on EQ's part for TW's. I'm sure there's still quite a few EQ members out there who were with the faction for a long time. I'm sure there's a lot that remember me, as I was the director of Momentum (one of the 2 guilds that merged to form EQ), and I was an EQ marshal for a LONG time. Many of you know that I have had to stop playing this game multiple times for good reasons, but every time I came back, I always came back to EQ. I also never hesitated to step into the role of an officer position upon my return to lend my help and council whenever possible. As many people will see, though, upon my return this time, I did not join EQ. I did not even attempt to join the faction. I do not have anything against them and I still actually have friends there. The reason for this is that EQ is now a completely different guild than it used to be. Sure, some of the same people are still there... and some of them even still have the same values they used to have. But... as a whole... it seems EQ has shifted in their goals and values. I would like to put some of that blame on specific people, but I'm not gonna. I'm not really into the whole drama thing. I first saw these changes starting when I came to visit for a few days back in january. By the look of things... it doesn't look like EQ ever went back to where they came from. I see that I am not the only person that has gone to other factions due to this change either (and for those that DO know me... you know that me going to another faction must have been for a pretty big reason, being one of the original EQ'ers and being a vital part of what they stood for). I know it sounds like I'm bashing EQ here, but that's not my intention at all. I merely wanna open your eyes a bit and offer a bit of advice. My advice is this. If you find that EQ has changed and people have lost their motivation... try looking back at your roots. Look back to when the game was still fun for you and try to figure out what made it fun. If you can go back to those times... and do things the way you used to do it... maybe you can re-ignite that spark that used to make EQ shine!

The other post I wanna comment on is about EQ requiring all venos to have a nix. Seriously?! wtf?! This is one of the changes I was talking about. One of the big things that made EQ who they were was their sense of understanding. I mean... sure... it's great to have a nix if ur a veno, but I can't believe that the faction actually REQUIRES it! It's hard to have a happy faction when the only thing the faction is concerned about is how much money you have. A nix today would cost around 80 mill coins. Sure, there's people that can afford that... but chances are, if someone's got 80 mill coins already, they're prolly not making a veno because they're already good at making money, which is a big part of why a lot of people make venos to begin with. Besides... there's other, non-legendary pets that can still be very effective in TW's. You can always get pet scrolls for them to increase their effectiveness.

In closing, I will say that I'm disappointed in what I see today. This is not what myself, Jay, Zion, Alaxan, or Wolfgang had in mind when EQ started...
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    but I can't believe that the faction actually REQUIRES it!

I think Aubree said that Equinox hoped that all their players aspire to have great endgame gear and/or pets that would make them more successful both in PvE and TW. I don't think any faction would deny a player based on their lack of legendary pets. people like Jocy, ReginCute, Eris (back in the days) and some of the newcomer venos in Cala don't have nixes or hercs or both and they're not denied on that basis. But just like you hope, people that reaches level 99+ start to work on their TT99/lunar gear to nirvana. people that can control pets should aspire to obtain a herc or a nix, or both, if they can profit from running with faction mebers in TT, Lunar or nirvana.

A lot of the core Equinox players (you, jay, shay, leah, sieg, badger, super, steelarmy, lee, the same Aras come to my mind) left their faction for another one, most ended up, like you in Inversion, others have found a home in Calamity or a non TW faction for the same reasons you have listed above... You don't need to give names, it's pretty clear to everyone who are the players that keep being a stain to Equinox name and should have been removed long ago so that their faction can return to their roots, because they're normally very loud when they win, and really quiet when they lose. Instead, they're made officers of as a reward for how bad they make their faction look with their constant bashing and trash talking. I'm not here to say, hey Calamity is perfect, we do also have times were we wander away from the path of community and respect we're supposed to live up to, I should know better than any other calamity member, as I get scolded so much for responding to world chats b:cry but of our player base, the ones that haven't quit, with a few drama driven exceptions, are all in Calamity and have always remained attached to it.

I really hope Equinox can rebuild their goals and activity level/roster. Most of all, I really hope to enjoy future TWs. I still want to believe that this slump in Equinox activity responds mostly to the proximity to class season than a discouragement provoked by TW pay and that this coming weekends the cakewalk Tyra says will happen, is just a tactic so we let our guard down... Time will tell, as always, I guess.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why do you guys type so much b:beatenup
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver