"If" PWI decided to release a new PvP server. What would you do?

Options
pkerfairfax
pkerfairfax Posts: 49 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
This is not one of those threads "I want a new server! gimme or I eat your mum! nao!". No It's not one of those, nooo, this Is a discussion thread talking about "If" the possibility that PWE decide to release a new server. Also, don't come out with "PWE will only release a new server when they feel a need to release a new server" b:surrender. Only spasticatic trolls repeat the same thing over and over again. So stop it all together!. This is a discussion thread for the cool ambitious kids that want to go to the BIGGEST PWI PvP server EVER!. So, If you are not one of those cool kids that want to join the BIGGEST PWI PvP server EVER! Then hop off!

I just want to know what your opinions on "If" they decided to release a new PvP server. What would you do? How much would you spend stuff like that?

if we get enough discussion I'll tell you what I would dob:laugh
Post edited by pkerfairfax on

Comments

• Schampooo - Raging Tide
    Schampooo - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is not one of those threads "I want a new server! gimme or I eat your mum! nao!". No It's not one of those, nooo, this Is a discussion thread talking about "If" the possibility that PWE decide to release a new server. Also, don't come out with "PWE will only release a new server when they feel a need to release a new server" b:surrender. Only spasticatic trolls repeat the same thing over and over again. So stop it all together!. This is a discussion thread for the cool ambitious kids that want to go to the BIGGEST PWI PvP server EVER!. So, If you are not one of those cool kids that want to join the BIGGEST PWI PvP server EVER! Then hop off!

I just want to know what your opinions on "If" they decided to release a new PvP server. What would you do? How much would you spend stuff like that?

if we get enough discussion I'll tell you what I would dob:laugh

i'd be awake for reserver nicks and then lvl a Cleric and sin :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krue/ - Lost City33
    Krue/ - Lost City33 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd come to the forums and post about it.
  • Extreeme - Lost City
    Extreeme - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pack my bags and move to Germany.
    Keep on troli'n.b:victory
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pack my bags and move to Germany.

Way ahead of you.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • pkerfairfax
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wrote:

If this server opens before Christmas, and I was 100% sure I'd be here for a long time, as Insane as I am, I would buy 15,000 Coral Packs, hope I get Scroll of Tome and many other goodies to use and sell on... I would then buy tokens of other people and use them all to get myself and be the first to have, I would get Warsoul weapon Crescentic Sharpness sword and +12 it.

That's what I would do. b:shocked
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is no possibility in the first place.

Both warsoul weapons right now belong in the PVE servers. PVP = not (as) profitable.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please.... GET OUT OF OUR FORUM AND STAY AWAY! b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd get on the forums, watch as people go "AHAHHA TOLD YOU, SUCKERS!"

Then, a few months later, I'd start hearing about how the server turned into a ghost town as all the hopefuls were totally wtfpwnd by cash shoppers and are now back to asking for yet another server.

Then PWE would do just that and the same would repeat.

And then we'd have at least one ghost PvP server, possibly two.

Wait... where have I seen this?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • pkerfairfax
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please.... GET OUT OF OUR FORUM AND STAY AWAY! b:bye

Oh yes, you won't be here when the new server comes up, will you?
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd stay on sanctuary where most of the pioneers are.
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd reroll on it to play till the point where everyone starts hiding in safe/bh again. Then depending on if i like the people or not, I'd probably just come back to Lost City.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh yes, you won't be here when the new server comes up, will you?

If they open up a new PvP server, it will be dead after the initial rush of idiots go in there, spend thousands on packs, spend thousands of tokens on oracles, spend hundreds on Frost and wonder where everyone else went... and there will be two dozen high level cash shoppers playing on a deserted server.

If anything, as much as I hate to say it, there should probably be server merges instead of opening new servers.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If they open up a new PvP server, it will be dead after the initial rush of idiots go in there, spend thousands on packs, spend thousands of tokens on oracles, spend hundreds on Frost and wonder where everyone else went... and there will be two dozen high level cash shoppers playing on a deserted server.

If anything, as much as I hate to say it, there should probably be server merges instead of opening new servers.

Couldnt have typed it better myself.

Especially the merge part.
    Wonhalt
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Pretty much this.

Raging Tide and Arch server need to be merged together, as both are ghost towns anyway.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nothing.. you make it sound like releasing a new server is a good thing.. and is not, the same people who ruined the game in the first place are gonna be there left and right so.. no point at all.. b:bye
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would ignore it, just like i've ignored each and every new server that instantly get populated by tideborns that somehow achieve lvl 80 the very first day the server goes online and 100 one week later, thank you PWE for making it so any rich kid can get a lvl 100 char and have no idea wtf their skills are useful for
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pretty much this.

Raging Tide and Arch server need to be merged together, as both are ghost towns anyway.

Then again...that would just be twice as many lvl 100 nubs running around with no clue wtf they're doing.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Then again...that would just be twice as many lvl 100 nubs running around with no clue wtf they're doing.

But then maybe I can has PK =(
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the PK would be better if there was a merge
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i would spend thousands of dollars on oracles and hypers and become one of the first high lvls on the server, pk all the nubs repeatedly and then delete my char after i lose all my gear for being stupid and not resetting the safety lock in time b:surrender

jk
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What would you do?

Kill them.
    How much would you spend stuff like that?

Lessee, $2 for the plastic bag, $65 for the hatchet and any optional weaponry, a severed head or two to trade Pyramid Head for the use of his knife, and about $4,000 for the trip to China plus food and lodging. Oh, and a letter for the police explaining why.

This is what I (wish) would happen if I find that they released a new PvP server without addressing these more pressing issues.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is a discussion thread for the cool ambitious kids that want to go to the BIGGEST PWI PvP server EVER!.

i dont get this ... if people want to be on the "biggest pvp server ever" then why dont they just join 1 of the existing pvp servers now, with a large amount people already on it, meaning if you joined too, it would make it even bigger...? some people on those pvp servers have spent irl money to get good gears for pvp... most of them probably wouldnt start over again on another new pvp server.

so, as for me... i wouldnt start over, because ive worked hard for the things i have now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Server Merge + Map reset would be nice... My faction hasn't had any TW in 2 months. Crystal walk TWs have made our sign ups go from 150 to 60 in 2 months of No-Show TWs. My server is getting pathetic. Tbh it'd be nice to merge HT + Sanc + LC + Arch onto 1 server (west coast) HL + DW + RT onto 1 server (east coast).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Server Merge + Map reset would be nice... My faction hasn't had any TW in 2 months. Crystal walk TWs have made our sign ups go from 150 to 60 in 2 months of No-Show TWs. My server is getting pathetic. Tbh it'd be nice to merge HT + Sanc + LC + Arch onto 1 server (west coast) HL + DW + RT onto 1 server (east coast).

merge pve with pvp b:bye

fail.

If they make the server pvp the pve'ers will quit and if its pve the pvp'ers will quit.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *imagining west arch populated by 3 servers worth of catshop b:cry no more wqb:sad
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    merge pve with pvp b:bye

fail.

If they make the server pvp the pve'ers will quit and if its pve the pvp'ers will quit.

Why would PvE'ers quit if the server was PvP? My server is filled with Q_Q about no more TW, PK is all there is left when TW is dead.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *imagining west arch populated by 3 servers worth of catshop b:cry no more wqb:sad

No more being able to enter west without crashing.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

WTF is with everyone somehow thinking every high lvl on RT is somehow a nub?

This idea is getting old and starting to rub Fuzzy the wrong way. There are ppl that are 10x etc that are nub indeed, but everyone seems to think that the older servers don't have anyone like this and it is reserved for RT and Arch.

Fuzzy is sure that Sanc, HL, DW and LC have their own fair share of these people as well.

Why does everyone from an older server try and say everyone on Fuzzy's server who is 10x somehow automatically = fail/no skill/nub?

Nobody on an older server touched an oracle? Nobody on an older server hypers fc? Somehow Fuzzy doubts it.

There is a number of people on RT (and possibly Arch) who aren't as fail as you like to pretend, but whatever... just keep hating me guess......

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why would PvE'ers quit if the server was PvP? My server is filled with Q_Q about no more TW, PK is all there is left when TW is dead.
    Carebears basically have same mind set as oracle babies. Level to top uninterrupted, then go pking once they outlevel everyone.
  • pkerfairfax
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's good that everyone is trading opinions and being mature about it. I think A LOT of people will flock to a new PvP server whether of not they'd admit it or not, they'd at least have a strong urge of such a thought no doubt, if PWI ever announced a new one. Every current servers will take a hit even more in population and I admit that is kind of a bad thing, but everyone loves new servers and what comes with them. Think the massive rivalries it will cause, how will TW be (with this new system) after PvE land is gone. Starting on a fresh PvP server is a wonderful thing, fighting 3 vs 3 high up in the skies, the rush going through you.. We play MMORPG's for those things. I remember when I started a server, a veno kept getting killed by this mage. She practically begged me to help. So, I killed that mage and she thanked me. Then out of nowhere the mage is back with 2 other people, they are pretty decent geared and They kill me. I call 2 highest levels guild mates to come play, both of our guilds were the same size, 3 of us all on both sides were the highest in our factions. We was fighting in the skies for an entire hour, taking each other out over and over, what a rush that was.. both guilds put KOS on each other, just cause I helped a veno from getting killed from a single player over and over, but that what happens on a PvP server and I'd expect a new PvP server not to be any different.

Warsouls will be coming from all angles. This server will be the P2P ultimate playground.
This discussion has been closed.