Wizard vs Psychic?

blackout22
blackout22 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Wizard
Guys I'm just downloading the game now and I seriously can't decide - wizard or psychic? Anybody think they could give me a few tips/comparisons between the two? So far I've learnt that apparently wizards are the most powerful class in the game, but it takes a while to level them up to max? And I don't really know too much about psychics..

Thanks a lot.
Post edited by blackout22 on

Comments

• Nasuchi - Sanctuary
    Nasuchi - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wizards are quite difficult to level at first due to most mobs being physical instead of elemental attacks, although this can be countered with kiting and using knockback/slow skills.
    They have great damage and awesome AoE skills.

Bad points are HP/Survivablity which can be countered with refining and buying shards but this is expensive.
  • Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary
    Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    in the begining you'll see the differnce. psycics can hit higher and faster in the first 30-40 levels while wizards r a bit tougher because they cant do as much damage. but when wizzys get to the point of 40+ they are good for a while even tho u die occasionally(same goes for psycics).but at lvl 59 psycics r killers when they have black voodo on...but if u r very determined then wizzys at lvl 100+ r unstoppable because of a skill called manifest virtue.
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol @ manifest virtue.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    in the begining you'll see the differnce. psycics can hit higher and faster in the first 30-40 levels while wizards r a bit tougher because they cant do as much damage. but when wizzys get to the point of 40+ they are good for a while even tho u die occasionally(same goes for psycics).but at lvl 59 psycics r killers when they have black voodo on...but if u r very determined then wizzys at lvl 100+ r unstoppable because of a skill called manifest virtue.

lmfao @ manifest virtue b:laugh
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the main difference between the 2 classes are

wiz 3 elements psy 2 elements

wiz long channeling psy fast channeling

wiz higher dmg/hit psy higher dmg/s

wiz few control skills psy a lot of debuff and control skills

wiz high chi consumption psy lower chi consumption

wiz strongest aoe spells psy faster aoe spells

wiz mass pvp like tw psy pk 1v1 duel

both classes have their advantages and are fun to play choose the one you prefer

greetz harm0wnie
  • blackout22
    blackout22 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks a lot everyone your advice really helped, in the end I decided to go with wizard :)
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Glad to hear it just one tip

DO NOT GET MANIFEST VIRTUE AT LVL 100

anyhow enjoy wizzies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Glad to hear it just one tip

DO NOT GET MANIFEST VIRTUE AT LVL 100

anyhow enjoy wizzies

b:crynow you tell me
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • True_magic - Heavens Tear
    True_magic - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i played both classes but, if u r new in the game i suggest u go psy, it is a fast, cool and easy class the wiz needs more time and hardwork.
    but the choise is yours...

good luck and have fun in the game
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My psy is almost level 80... so far the biggest difference is that my psy dies more frequently than my wizard against physical attack mobs. I never realized how much Stone Barrier helps with AA...

On the other hand, my psy actually has useful squad buffs. And if I don't have to worry about stealing aggro (i.e. the tank is skilled and can steal it back quickly), black voodoo + Jones blessing is just stupidly strong.

Overall, I do think my wizard hit harder at 80 than my psy does. Also, the psy has higher cast times than the wizard, so he benefits less from channel reduction gear... Valrain is currently at 36% channel reduction, so casting times have definitely gotten better.

I'm very interested to get my psy to 89 so he can learn demon or sage skills (haven't figured out which way to go yet).
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2010

b:laugh lolumad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Try both out. I played both chars to end game, and I love eating things alive as a wiz. Although you cannot count out the power of a psychic.

A psy, however, will need more magic points to stack up to a wiz's damage output, and still falls short. I don't mind it though, both are equally fun to play with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Meltdown - Dreamweaver
    Meltdown - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok thanks a lot for all the advice guys, currently I'm using a wizard but when I level him up a bit more I may create a psychic as well then, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.