Spark Burst+ ?

Options
Hurin - Raging Tide
Hurin - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Blademaster
I have -interval wrists and -interval claws. I build one spark in 11.97 seconds. Is a double-spark worth it? or should it only be used at the start of bosses? [I end up tanking my bh's a lotb:surrender] or is it more economical to get 299 chi, heaven's flame->alter-marrow->spark->regular attacks ?
Post edited by Hurin - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hmm I'd go with double sparking as often as you can vs Heaven's Flame then single spark. There's a way to calculated it exactly... but I just woke up >.>

Oh yeah, I'd becareful with which boss you are using physical marrow on. If they cast magic between normal attacks, it's going to hurt.
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah, yeah, of course. If I can't cancel it, I'm careful which I do when. that or i'll pop out the shell from True Emptyness. [random: isn't it great that the shell absorbs the same amount, no matter how much energy it consumes?] b:victory
  • greekgodkiller
    greekgodkiller Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hope your avatar is wrong, because if so (and your lvl 60+ instead of 59) then you can have -.1 int from DQ LA Bracers. Along with that if you get lucky in crafting with fists/claws you can get -.05 on them (and maybe other stats). This is a total of -.15 int, and you should build double spark in around 6-7 seconds.

My BM (lvl 78) built up 2 sparks and then full chi bar in around 10 seconds (only has -.1 int). After spark+, i have 2 sparks again before i even run out of time on the first spark+ burst. So....even with only -.1 int i'm perm spark+ for my guy, which ends up with him tanking basically any BH he gets in unless the barb is lvl 100 and knows how to use arggo skills (and is in tiger form, I litterally ripped the arggo off a lvl 102 barb who was tanking in human form).
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hope your avatar is wrong, because if so (and your lvl 60+ instead of 59) then you can have -.1 int from DQ LA Bracers. Along with that if you get lucky in crafting with fists/claws you can get -.05 on them (and maybe other stats). This is a total of -.15 int, and you should build double spark in around 6-7 seconds.

My BM (lvl 78) built up 2 sparks and then full chi bar in around 10 seconds (only has -.1 int). After spark+, i have 2 sparks again before i even run out of time on the first spark+ burst. So....even with only -.1 int i'm perm spark+ for my guy, which ends up with him tanking basically any BH he gets in unless the barb is lvl 100 and knows how to use arggo skills (and is in tiger form, I litterally ripped the arggo off a lvl 102 barb who was tanking in human form).

Or he could have -0.05 int 3 star bracers.

@OP: Double Sparking is much better for your own personal DPS, especially considering Heavens Flame doesn't last it's full duration on bosses. If you're attempting to hold aggro with your DPS, you should definitely 2 Spark as often as possible. However, if your goal is simply to kill the boss as quickly as possible, your DPS does not yet outshine that of your combined party (Don't have enough interval gear yet), and using Heavens Flame so that all of them can hit the boss with increased damage is much more effective in killing it quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greekgodkiller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kniraven: Yeah that's true, but those are hard to find unless you get lucky in crafting :s
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    2 spark would generate more damage tan a pair of 1 sparks back to back

it also gives 10% hp and a useable resist time

HF is more of a squad support/aoe skill
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can always cyclone heel to increase your attack speed... Single spark is a waste of a spark imo. At least double/triple spark can actually help you resist powerful boss attacks and also recover HP.

I know when I was lower level doing forshura boss in 2-3, I'd always double spark/triple spark it's magical attacks as well as recover HP, single spark is too unreliable as it's too hard to time 1 second immunity.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

I assume you mean these: [copied from Ecatomb.net]
    ✩Vambraces of Blood Moon
    Level: 60
    Str: 152
    Dex: 34

Physical Def: 465
    Metal Res: 200
    Wood Res: 200
    Water Res: 200
    Fire Res: 200
    Earth Res: 200
    Bonus:
    Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    Strength +4~5
    Dexterity +4~5

Price:
    Fine Lumber (12)
    Refined Steel (12)
    Rubstone Powder (12)
    Anthracite (12)
    Mold: Vambraces of Blood Moon
    Commander Blood (18)
    Sacred Beast Blood (18)

Quest:
    Silver Dragon Order (25)
    Copper Dragon Order (25)

I have lvl 54 light armor wrists with -.05 and -.05 claws [which will sadly be replaced soon by Annihilator of Souls]

Also, I did some calculations, and, even with lvl 3 cyclone heel on for the ENTIRETY of the spark, it would still take you 31 seconds to build a full 299 chi. It takes me 35-36 seconds. I would be interested in seeing what would happen if there were two clerics, one healing and the other doing red bubble.
    Through this, I can have 2 spark+'s at the beginning of a boss with only one un-sparked hit in between the double-sparks. after that, however, I will have gotten too far behind to make it economical to rebuild the chi needed. Also, strangely, I notice less of a difference between a single- and double-spark with my fists than on my archer. I suppose this just has to do with the lower base-damage of fists/claws.

Anyway, tks for the info/advice Kniraven and Dan.
  • greekgodkiller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I assume you mean these: [copied from Ecatomb.net]

I have lvl 54 light armor wrists with -.05 and -.05 claws [which will sadly be replaced soon by Annihilator of Souls]

Also, I did some calculations, and, even with lvl 3 cyclone heel on for the ENTIRETY of the spark, it would still take you 31 seconds to build a full 299 chi. It takes me 35-36 seconds. I would be interested in seeing what would happen if there were two clerics, one healing and the other doing red bubble.
    Through this, I can have 2 spark+'s at the beginning of a boss with only one un-sparked hit in between the double-sparks. after that, however, I will have gotten too far behind to make it economical to rebuild the chi needed. Also, strangely, I notice less of a difference between a single- and double-spark with my fists than on my archer. I suppose this just has to do with the lower base-damage of fists/claws.

Anyway, tks for the info/advice Kniraven and Dan.

I Said LA (LIGHT ARMOR). Those are HA (HEAVY ARMOR).

Geez, newbie on that point.

What I meant was:
    Armor

Price: 3.000 / 150.000
    Stacked: 1

Material to manufacture: ★Bracers of Blood Moon

★Bracers of Blood Moon(2~4 sockets)
    Light Wristguards
    Lv. 9
    Physical Defense +199
    Magic Defense +310  
    Endurance 145/145
    Requisite Lv. 60
    Requisite Strength 64
    Requisite Dexterity 64
    Physical Defense+ 142
    Dexterity+ 3~4
    Interval Between Hits- 0.1seconds

Learn to read right ^_^
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok, sorry for breathing my newbish breath all over your avatar-less screen. I DO know the difference between HA and LA. That post was written late last night and I should have proof-read it this morning. No need to be a jerk about it. And, being a bit of a jerk myself, you conveniently avoided responding to my comment about spark times. Unless you are building chi at, like, 7 per hit, it is impossible for you to be building chi as fast as you are. It takes roughly the capped 3.33 aps to constant-spark+. And, as is well-known, to get that attack rate, you have to be lvl>89, at which point you have a demon spark explosion, and might as well use that as opposed to double-sparking. However, a spark+ is more beneficial than two single-sparks back-to-back, but mostly because of the hp regen.

Philosophical, rhetorical question: why do people have to be an **** about a human error?b:surrender [I know, philosophy isn't appreciated on the internet]
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

299 chi in 10 seconds with only 1 piece of -interval? What are you spamming genie skills and Apoth? Or are you a sin in disguise? Because that's impossible as a BM without endgame gear. X_X
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1.67 x 5 x time = 200 chi

200/8.35=time

23.95 seconds for 2 sparks

now asuming cyclone

1.82 x 5 x 15 + 15 (going of ecatomb) = 151 chi

so takign our speed by hit from the 1st one...

49/8.35= time+cast of cyclone (2 seconds)+15

22.87 seconds for 2 sparks

this is probobly wrong since im leavign off aftercast on heel and useing ecat skill descrips + assuming 15 chi per cyclone but eh most of the assumptions i made where in cyclones favor (15 second buff over 12 and its probly only 10 chi per cast)

so spaming cyclone is kinda a waste chi wise you only want to use it right before/after you spark+

1 spark gives 150% weapon damage for 10 seconds

2 spark gives 300% weapon damage for 12 seconds

so you are getting about 20% more damage out of 2 spark vs 2 1 sparks

@ __Nanayo__ he ws sayign takes 11 seconds to build a 1 spark close enough going on the above fail math

he just phrases this really badly and assumes he will always have full chi
  • greekgodkiller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    299 chi in 10 seconds with only 1 piece of -interval? What are you spamming genie skills and Apoth? Or are you a sin in disguise? Because that's impossible as a BM without endgame gear. X_X

No, i'm a BM.

And i'm not kidding. When I tank bosses, I start out with all chi maxed out.
    Next up, I spark+ Burst.
    Punch to living hell and regain 2 sparks.
    Spark+ burst again.
    Rinse,
    Repeat.

It's the reason i've only had lvl 100 barbs keep the arrgo.....even barbs my level hate having me in a squad b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, i'm a BM.

And i'm not kidding. When I tank bosses, I start out with all chi maxed out.
    Next up, I spark+ Burst.
    Punch to living hell and regain 2 sparks.
    Spark+ burst again.
    Rinse,
    Repeat.

It's the reason i've only had lvl 100 barbs keep the arrgo.....even barbs my level hate having me in a squad b:surrender

look up i may have just disproved you

and you squad some crappy barbs i have 2.5 aps demon sparked and know a few fuzzies that can hold it...at lvl 89 (ya they snap at me from tiem to time but meh)

your either yulk in disguise or or some new idiot/abomination
  • greekgodkiller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    look up i may have just disproved you

and you squad some crappy barbs i have 2.5 aps demon sparked and know a few fuzzies that can hold it...at lvl 89 (ya they snap at me from tiem to time but meh)

your either yulk in disguise or or some new idiot/abomination

Nope. Just talkin' bout my experience on chi gaining.

Also, please don't compare me to the super fail troll. I only little troll every now and then :(
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @ ranfa he ws sayign takes 11 seconds to build a 1 spark close enough goingon the above fail math

O_O I didn't even post in this topic...
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

[?] or normal level? No 9X Barbs should be able to hold (not just pull back for a second) aggro against 2.5 sparked (assuming FC fists) on non [?] mobs/bosses, at least non held against my old BM in BH.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [?] or normal level? No 9X Barbs should be able to hold (not just pull back for a second) aggro against 2.5 sparked (assuming FC fists) on non [?] mobs/bosses, at least non held against my old BM in BH.

on ? lol if its non then why the hell is that fuzzy trying to tank...

@ ranfa...now you have (totaly failed at nameing the right person though will go back and edit sorry)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its very difficult to spark your own HF because by the time you come out of your skill and cast your spark your HF is gone. Plus, not even worth it for just a single spark.

At your level I used double spark if I was tanking, or HF+cyclone heel and attacked barehanded (no weapon) to help tank stack dmg. I had -.15 int with the LA bracers and could steal aggro weaponless if I double sparked.

Another option is just attack with an axe and you won't do any more damage than a vitality barb b:chuckle. I grow chi with barefisted cyclone, then spend my sparks amping the squad with glacial spike and HF.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hurin - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Sakubatou!