Staunch Worms nest : A venos only place?

Orose - Sanctuary
Orose - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Hi,

I was puzzled a few days ago by the odd behavior of a few venos around the well known -to venos- place where Staunch Worms fly around White Sand beach.

I came here for the Goshiki's quest Coming-of-Age : Dexterity. You have to kill 5 of them... but these ones are especially hard to kill for an arcane user (Psy and Wizs) since they are element immune and always fly away from you... I deal 5 damage every time I hit them, and takes me more nearly minute to kill 1 of them alone.

So, you have 2 ways to kill them :
  • squad with a melee char, or a cleric (who will Plume / Razor)
  • be patient and keep running after the 5 you need.

With those options in mind and no one to squad with, I went to their place at White Sand Beach, and find there many venos training their nixes (which obviously is commone sense since it's probably the best place for air pet training).
So I realized this should be fast for me, provided a veno there accepted to squad with me a few seconds until she has killed the 5 I need (which is no without drawback for her). Thus I asked if some of them could help, several times... no one answered. They kept killing worms.

No one has to be helpfull, so I decided to go for the 2nd option : patience (which should be the name of the coming-of-age quest). I started killing one... after 3 minutes, it was 150/200 PVs... and a nix came, and 2-shot my target. I was quite angree, and told the owner to take care and not KS cause it was really difficult for me.
She just answered "I don't have time" and go on killing every target including mines.
So I decided to choose another target a little further from the center.
Started again to hit it until it was 110/200... when another nix came and 2-shot it again. When I once again told the veno (another one) not to KS, she just answered I was a noob cause I didn't know it was veno's training spot (which I did know). At this point, I became stupid and started to flame, calling in a seflish Holy Moron (It's not wise ; am defintely not proud that I lost my temper here). But her answer was really interesting here : "It's veno place here. So s tfu and go somewhere else do your things"... which indeed is not possible since it's the only place for these mobs.

In both circunstances, it was impossible not to see they were already being hunt... so venos there just KS because they don't care at all about other ppl here.
In both circunstances too, It would have bee free of charge to just squad with me so that I get the quest done. The day after, A veno training there did so.
But this day, i was unable to do my quest because of the KSing venos here... I lost 30minutes trying to kill at least one... which I could not manage.

I know KSing is not prohibited (just hated).
I don't hate all venos because of that too : my main is a high level veno, and I also have met many nice ones, with or without nix.
I am also not trying to have the venos there banned.
I eventually managed to get my quest later, so not trying to find help either.

I just want to share this experience cause I think such a behavior is really annoying and I am wondering if such a thing often happens at that particular place... and if that place is really becoming a "veno only" place...
So if you did experience similar behavior, please tell it (but do not tell names).
Post edited by Orose - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the person that was ksing u was basicly a grade A muppet that needs a lesson in *how not to be a *****, its not a veno training spot only area, thats more then obvious, its *obviously* ment for a specific quest, but venos abuse it to lvl there pet since there to lazy to grind its exp which doesnt take very long anyway, if anything the devs shud make them lvl 40 or something, just to make them play the game with there insanely easy char, now made easyier.

it doesnt take anything for them to squad u to kill 5, they lose no exp since they give non, what u met was an insanely selfish and greedy **** of a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That is just ridiculous. I admit to training my skatefish there a bit, but while I was there I helped a psy, two wizzies and a blademaster (the last could have done it easily, maybe he was just lazy, but I squadded anyway when he asked). How hard is it to accept a squad invite? It is easy to accidentally ks there as the common kill practice for venos is Tab-pet attack-Tab-pet attack etc. without really paying attention. But there is no excuse for not squadding for a measly five mobs.

I am sorry you were treated this way. It is for this reason that I (despite this being my main) have begun to hate venos when playing my alts. There are so many out there that behave like this and give us a bad name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You just unfortunately ran across some *******s. When I level my pets there, I

a) Always accept a squad invite. Why wouldn't you unless you take pleasure in being a **** just for the sake of being a ****?

b) Do my best to avoid KS'ing people, though accidents do happen. You're basically repeating Tab/Alt-1 endlessly, so you tend to zone out, and you won't always notice before it's too late that you targetted something that's already half dead.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That was pathetic on the part of those venos Five mobs for a known quest that's done often and they didn't squad you, yet they were more than willing to KS you? Simply pathetic on their part.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, nasty person you ran into there :/ I occasionally go there just to quickly level my pet if needed and have often squadded with people questing there when they ask. I tab-attack when there but it's not rocket science to see what's selected and not KS so am assuming that veno is just a real knobend.
    I am sorry you were treated this way. It is for this reason that I (despite this being my main) have begun to hate venos when playing my alts. There are so many out there that behave like this and give us a bad name.

Have to agree here.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Maybe it was a mean bot? b:quiet
  • Kyinus - Heavens Tear
    Kyinus - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ya srry you got treated horrably. i did that quest on my wizard ,and thankfully the veno's that day weren't being jerks. i didnt even ask. 1 saw me haveing a hard time with my bow... squaded me got my kills. i was very thankfull to the veno.
    99 fist BM W 2.50 hit a sec
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't hate all venos because of that too : my main is a high level veno

Since you're on a PvE server, you just have to grin and bear it.

Why, I feel the need to ask, didn't you come back and just KS them for 15-20m to prove a point?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Try yelling big mean words at them instead of being polite. I think I yelled something along the lines of "Hey you dillhole prick, get your damn bird off my mobs, bish!" when this happened to me and the response was her apologizing and partying me.

No I'm not joking.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That's why you play on the PvP server, where you can pk jerks. ^^
  • Orose - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Since you're on a PvE server, you just have to grin and bear it.

Why, I feel the need to ask, didn't you come back and just KS them for 15-20m to prove a point?

During a few minutes, I was considering doing such. But eventually, I abandonned that idea : I have no nix, and they were killing too fast for me to do efficiant KSing. Furthermore, I already happen to be unwise by flaming and being rude... I didn't want to go on on the unwise/childish behavior. I prefer it remains their privilege.

And yes, sometimes I wish I am on a PK server... If only I did not suck at PKilling :)
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    since there to lazy to grind its exp which doesnt take very long anyway

Try getting a nix from lv. 1 to your level or any other flying pet to your level, really. I can barely think of another way that will level my flying pets' exp as efficient as the Stauch Worms.

back2topic: Since you're in Sanctuary, I can help you kill them if needed. But seriously, those people you dealt with are just... (can't find a word to insult them with). I normally just squad the people who need the quest so they can get it done and I can continue whatever I'm doing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Rather disappointing that there's no high level AOE boss over there that you could've lured to them.

Sounds like someone didn't take her pills for that little problem of hers. I myself have only met annoyingly incompetent venos rather than outright nasty ones. My reply would've been something along the lines of, "Have fun killing your own people, ****."
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Staunch Worms nest : A venos only place?

No, it's not a "veno only" place. That one who talked smack to you was simply being a jerk. You can train flying pets anywhere. I train mine against mobs of higher levels than it is with no problems.
  • retardgamer
    retardgamer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's been my experience that most, not all but MOST veno's with Hercs and/or Pheonix's are the worst of the worst. I have a high level veno, barb and archer and I will not group with a veno if know they have one or both of the two, unless they're in my faction and aren't totally brain dead.

They tend to lack grouping skills and level appropriate gear, they always seem to wear trash for whatever reason... and full fashion which is a whole other pet peeve of mine. IF you can't buy decent gear don't wear full fashion, you look like an idiot. They always want to tank even when they can't hold agro, send their pet into multiple mobs and don't pull but proceed to try and tank the group. This usually results DD then clerics taking agro and group wiping.

I just stay away from them in general. I will politely pm any veno in the group and ask. If they have either I let it be known in group that I don't play with them and give them the option to kick the veno or leave. Its great fun when I am on my barb and there are no other barbs LFG. I always get an invite back and nasty grams from mad venos. lol... best $200 they ever spent I'm sure.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, I play veno and get annoyed by them as well. I also try to tell them there are better ways to level pets but too many like the lazy no xp, no coin, no sp way of wasting time. Many probably don't realize they'd still be getting the same pet xp for squading with you because they only need to do better than 50% of the dmg. A Nix can be leved to about 30 on scorpions and spiders around Hidden Orchid which are often 1-2 hit kills and much better AoE opportunity than mice in Cube as well as dropping precious oil and other goods. After 30 they can move up to Dawn's Cry Island which for some of us is again 1-2 hit kills, great AoE, lots of oil, etc. After that the Nix is probably useful for questing. These are just suggestions though and there's probably many other ways to do it while making some profit.

People can help by ceasing to direct fails to become venos. Think about it: Wizards have less expenses, and we kinda want them to be fails for most things so they won't steal aggro. Wizards can most often play lazy and get away with it too. Rarely do people request their buff, and Wizards have no fox form/ amp or anything that would distinguish them as being lazy.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even now at my level, I still get the occasional **** veno who likes to kill steal when grinding. Or, at least they "try" to. Nowadays, it's easy for me to just go into tiger and alpha male/flesh ream to get it back and leave them looking like tools since they can no longer abuse it like they can at lower levels.

I think those that I encounter are trying to run me out, just so they can have the spot to themselves, only to end up being run off themselves instead.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's been my experience that most, not all but MOST veno's with Hercs and/or Pheonix's are the worst of the worst. I have a high level veno, barb and archer and I will not group with a veno if know they have one or both of the two, unless they're in my faction and aren't totally brain dead.

They tend to lack grouping skills and level appropriate gear, they always seem to wear trash for whatever reason... and full fashion which is a whole other pet peeve of mine. IF you can't buy decent gear don't wear full fashion, you look like an idiot. They always want to tank even when they can't hold agro, send their pet into multiple mobs and don't pull but proceed to try and tank the group. This usually results DD then clerics taking agro and group wiping.

I just stay away from them in general. I will politely pm any veno in the group and ask. If they have either I let it be known in group that I don't play with them and give them the option to kick the veno or leave. Its great fun when I am on my barb and there are no other barbs LFG. I always get an invite back and nasty grams from mad venos. lol... best $200 they ever spent I'm sure.

I'm sorry lol, but you sound like a plain idiot. ^^"
    first you say that most veno's with herc and nix are MOST of the time the worst... and then you tell you won't squad with one no matter what :O
    Really, I met quite a lot of idiot veno's who indeed have no idea of what they're doing with a herc/nix. But I've also met some damn good ones who do amazing jobs. So don't judge a veno by her pets please. b:bye

Ontopic:
    The veno's you met there were really just freaks >.> There is no place that's "only for veno's" sure, it's a wonderfull place to lvl your pet. But geez.. that they wont even accept a squad for 5 mobs O__o;;;

>.<"I'm sorry to hear that you encountered such foolish beings b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There was no excuse for this sort of behaviour. Reminds me of the jerks that, out of boredom, will sometimes dedicate themselves to soloing the same boss for hours without squadding those who need it or allowing them a turn. This used to be a common thing with Krixis back in the days when leveling was still a challenge although you could usually one of the high levels hanging in SP to KS the boss from them... Next time do try asking for help from other higher levels, i bet if you had used a tele to invite others to KS them you would have made the place useless for leveling air pets for the rest of the day.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

It's pretty close to impossible to KS a venomancer levelling a pet there. If the pet isn't 1- or 2-shotting the worms, she should really be somewhere else instead. If you can kill fast enough, you can theoretically hunt the worms to extinction, but that's easier said than done due to their numbers and respawn rate.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    @Orose - well I'm online now..if you still need them killed just send me a whisper. Not all them ignore people. I help those with that quest occasionally when Im there leveling my sawfly. It's no big deal and I don't see why they would deny helping with that.. Infact I may just go there today to level it since it's 10 levels behind me.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Im guessing as a veno when you level a fly pet at Staunch Worms you kinda get bugged to help a lot with the Tideborn Chain Quest. Im guessing that random low level casters whispering you all the freaking time gets annoying after a while when all you wanna do is level up the nix b:surrender

So venos starts ignoring everyone in the area and just alt-tab send pet. Kinda like when people are grinding or spamming oracles.

I personally understand that venos get a bit selfish with those mobs, specially if you just got a 80 mil pet and is all impatience getting it up to same level as yourself. Not saying is cool hogging all the mobs so lowbies cant finish their quest, but i get why venos act all greedy to.
  • Orose - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    @Orose - well I'm online now..if you still need them killed just send me a whisper. Not all them ignore people. I help those with that quest occasionally when Im there leveling my sawfly. It's no big deal and I don't see why they would deny helping with that.. Infact I may just go there today to level it since it's 10 levels behind me.

Nice to you, Silest, but am ok now. It's not that difficult to get help there when there are not that kind of ppl. But if I happen to meet that veno in PK mode... then may I'll need help :)
  • GlowFire - Sanctuary
    GlowFire - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Orose, if you need any help in future, feel free to PM, I've never declined help to anyone. And even if occupied I will try find help from friends for those who ask for help.
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Obviously jerks, yes...

I've worked on my Nix there a few times in the upper levels (90-100 range). I did as tweakz suggested and started my Nix levelling outside of Archosaur and worked my way around the levels of monsters until she was way up there before I went down to this place.

While I was there, I accidentally KS a few, but I would always apologize.

And I have squadded with people to help them with that quest. The bad thing that I remember is, I don't think my kills counted for them? Maybe PWI has changed since I was down there... but I would swear when we tried it that it did not work for them...
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Huh...I play on Sanct too and I've never seen enough Venos there to KS...Next time this happens to anyone on Sanct, call me. I can wipe those suckers out easily (the worms).
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Huh...I play on Sanct too and I've never seen enough Venos there to KS...Next time this happens to anyone on Sanct, call me. I can wipe those suckers out easily (the worms).

^ Same here. During weekends are the only days I see a lot of venos. I try to choose a day where there's no one there so I can spam whatever the hell I want. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    but venos abuse it to lvl there pet since there to lazy to grind its exp which doesnt take very long anyway,

It takes 500,000 xp for a pet to get from just lv 101 to 102, and pet xp is capped at 15 per mob. That's about 33,333 mobs to get a pet from level 101 to 102. There would also be a lot of other things a level 10x player would rather do than grinding at that level.

So yea, about that doesn't take very long?

However yes, those Venos who were ksing were jerks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    It's pretty close to impossible to KS a venomancer levelling a pet there. If the pet isn't 1- or 2-shotting the worms, she should really be somewhere else instead. If you can kill fast enough, you can theoretically hunt the worms to extinction, but that's easier said than done due to their numbers and respawn rate.
    Phoenixes fly slower than arrows do. An archer going tab-attack-tab-attack can easily wipe out every staunch worm in a 30-meter radius, or just take out every worm a particular veno sends their nix after before it gets there.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    It takes 500,000 xp for a pet to get from just lv 101 to 102, and pet xp is capped at 15 per mob. That's about 33,333 mobs to get a pet from level 101 to 102. There would also be a lot of other things a level 10x player would rather do than grinding at that level.

So yea, about that doesn't take very long?

However yes, those Venos who were ksing were jerks.

I would hope at 101 that you might be AoE grinding ~14 mobs a time without waiting for your pet to aggro each one of them. I've even group AoE, just gotta keep the dps ahead of the other DD.

There's almost always a better more profitable way than the lazy way.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.