Sage Skills

buttercupcruella
buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
Hey all fellow barbs!!!

I reached the mighty b:chuckle lvl 89 yesterday (or so), and I am very happy. I remember back in the day 89 was something; now it's nothing much (there's plenty of lvl 100s)...b:sad

Anyway...

Things in the game are not going well (look: general discussion, etc). This, as well as summer is a reason why I don't play much :(((

Buuuuuuuut......

IF I decided to permanently return to the game at some point (because of w/e reason), I'd like to enjoy my barb.

Here is a chance for you to help me achieve it. b:victory

Well.. I chose the sage path (did my culti till fb bosses needed), so there is no need to tell me to go demon.

I'd appreciate if you could tell me (based on your own experience), which sage skills should I get (ranked from most to least important) and what's the reasoning behind it. It sounds like a bit of work, but for an experienced player, that should not be a bigger issue. Please do tell me if there are any skills that I SHOULDN'T get, if there are any.

My coins are strictly limited, so I need to plan all this carefully.

Thank you in advance b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by buttercupcruella on

Comments

• Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You can always buy the ones that made you choose your path and reject the ones that are lack-lustre b:chuckle

Here's my advice on skills though,

True Form, Beast King's Inspiration, Shapeshifting Intensity are the first most important for a tank barb.

Axe and Hammer mastery, Mighty Swing, Beastial Onslaught for a good humanoid DD.

Skills you need not get - Garotte, Swell, Stomp of Beast King and Surf Impact.

The rest of the skills pretty much depend on the cost and whether you are going to use them.

Just my two cents though. Let no one tell you what to buy and what not to. I bought Demon Firestorm when friends advised me not to but I love that skill. And then I bought Demon Garotte when friends asked me to get it and I hate it b:cry
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    On a budget, you could attempt to farm out true form. Just wine bh89 for drops and on condition they kill the boss who has it as a drop. The other cheep 89 skill that is not too bad is stomp, it makes a decent chi spam attack. Bestial rage tends to sell pretty low on HT server. For the more desirable skills such as beast kings insp and shapeshift intens, you may be better off buying tokens to make pages. I think average cost to make a random skill book from tokens is about 5 mil, but if its not the skill you want you can try to recover some expense by selling it and try again.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmmm... are there like no sage barbs left?b:sad

@guys above this post: thanks for the ideas, I sure will consider what you wrote. If you remember anything else that you'd consider useful and wanted to share, please do.

Honestly, I was expecting a sage barb with experience (higher lvl 9x, maybe a 100 char) to come here and lay out every skill he got. I believe it is a bit harder to rate skills if you don't use them...b:surrender

Cybetron, like you said, I should not listen to what people say, because everybody likes different things, etc. I fully agree, though I had hope that there would be a couple of skills on which everybody would agree.b:shocked

I was reading a lot on those skills and thinking which ones I'd like, but am just not THAT sure how they'd work "irl" LOL.

I appreciate all of your comment. Keep them coming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Im sage

I have most skills. Still missing penetrate armor, and havent bothered with Garotte, Swell, Stomp of Beast King (I consider these 3 useless)

I pretty much agree with Cybetron. (I do consider surf impact a decent filler skill in aoe)

True Form, Beast King's Inspiration, Shapeshifting Intensity as the most important and I think I would put the mastery here too.

I would recommend Flesh Ream, Devour, Roar and Bestial rage for easier and better tanking. Not to expensive too.

I like all the 99 skills with the attack buff as the most valuable. the other 3 comes in handy in different situations.

I like poison fang for the dmg.

Only skill I regret getting is firestorm. I never use it.

If there are other skills you like to use alot get them. If you pk get arma for sure; bloodbath, mighty swing, onslaught and penetrate armor good here too.

My advise if you are on a budget would be to keep a good eye on the AH and look for some good deals.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My sage barb is 100 and is pre-luck corals. And what I wrote was based on my experience with the skills. The skills I've on my sage were:

True Form, Shapeshifting Intensity, Mighty Swing, Stomp, Beastial Rage, Axe and Hammer Mastery, Frighten and Roar.

Recently, some barb brothers advised me to get Feral Regen so thinking of getting that as the next skill (its a cheap one) and then save up for Sunder - 15mil.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    erm my feelings towards sage skills in order of importance as a sage barb,

1.true form
    2.shapeshifting intensity
    3.strength of the titans (major bonus for sages 50% phys attack increase for your squad instead of demon 40%)
    4.beast kings inspiration
    5.axe and hammer

the reason i put them in that order is because sage barbs are designed to be better cata barbs than demons, more durable tanks adding more hp and defence in tiger, but with all the insane dd players bring to the field it dosent really matter much tbh...

those skills help more, but the axe and hammer mastery being 25% more than demon's is pretty awesome and a must-have although you will never be as good a dd as demon barbs with their awesome crit rates equalling archers, bms, sins when they get demon beastial onslaught.

however i feel sage mighty swing helps a lot even though the 50% stun chance is lame...
    and there are a few pvp moves that actually kick **** and can save a sage barb, such as sage beastial rage, absorbing 4k mag attack could mean saving your butt.

i got sage flesh ream, the chi-use-reduction means i can macro bosses with flesh ream and it builds chi faster than it takes it meaning i can be very lazy in tt b:laugh
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    however i feel sage mighty swing helps a lot even though the 50% stun chance is lame...
    and there are a few pvp moves that actually kick **** and can save a sage barb, such as sage beastial rage, absorbing 4k mag attack could mean saving your butt.

On a good day when Sage MS decides to actually stun, you can damn near perma-lock Sin's/BM's in place thanks to the faster cooldown. Unfortunately, so many of those people hide behind Charms anymore it could take quite a while to kill them...even if that means eating the whole charm up to do it. -.-
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You can always buy the ones that made you choose your path and reject the ones that are lack-lustre b:chuckle

Here's my advice on skills though,

True Form, Beast King's Inspiration, Shapeshifting Intensity are the first most important for a tank barb.

Axe and Hammer mastery, Mighty Swing, Beastial Onslaught for a good humanoid DD.

Skills you need not get - Garotte, Swell, Stomp of Beast King and Surf Impact.

The rest of the skills pretty much depend on the cost and whether you are going to use them.

Just my two cents though. Let no one tell you what to buy and what not to. I bought Demon Firestorm when friends advised me not to but I love that skill. And then I bought Demon Garotte when friends asked me to get it and I hate it b:cry

Do not forget Sage Feral Regeneration. It's an amazing skill that gets overlooked. I rank it up with True Form, BKI and Shapeshifting. (It's nice to watch the mana bar fill up so fast.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Ragnar_Angel - Sanctuary
    Ragnar_Angel - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    thanks for good adwises, now I know which are the mane sage skill to get:) b:victory