Demon Skills Advice

_Synergy_ - Heavens Tear
_Synergy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
So..umm..will be lvl 89 soon, need some advice on skills. Already have true form :P

Not really a rich barb, Can't afford any skills more than 3mil since I need to get my 90 set and GX's b:surrender. So looking at my budget, which skills should i get first?
Post edited by _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well the good news is that true form should only set you back at most 200k on good old HT. The other cheep 89 skills aren't worth the coin/spirit to learn (unless you pk, then stomp gives you a quick no-miss). For 3 mil or less u can probably find a few ok skills, like bestial rage and mighty swing.

On a side note, if you level pretty quick or mostly PVE you want to scrap the GX's in favor of star axes, demon axes, or either of the gold frost axes to save a good amount of coin for more/better skills. In pve I find star axes to be just as damaging over all as GX's and better for tanking. Also I love my pan-gu for taking hits and I miss my old Gatherstorm's hp regen a lot. Best part is u can always resell them later if u still feel need for zerk-power.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fuzzy would suggest if you plan to gather demon skills a bit slowly and already have true form, the passive skills such as mastery etc. are an excellent bet, although beast king is always a winner.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Since you are a demon I'ld advise you to go for the tiger skills before the humanoid ones. True Form is a cheap skill but is one of the main reasons why I chose the demon path. So that was my first skill. I went with Demon Feral Regen, I don't regret it.

Demon Alacrity was cheap awhile ago, not sure now since not active, but that is a personal choice. I have it.

Demon FR is expensive but you will see a good improvement in aggro holding with this skill. The rest of the tiger skills are rare and a bit expensive. Here's a summary (order goes from best to good):

Tiger Skills that are cheap and are very useful :- True Form*, Feral Regen*, Alacrity*

Tiger skills that are expensive and are tremendously useful :- FR*, Devour, Shapeshifting Intensity, Sunder, Roar

Tiger skills that are expensive and are not a priority yet still useful :- Beastial Rage*, Surf Impact and Frighten

Humanoid Skills that are cheap and utterly useless :- Stomp of Beast King (if you want a never miss skill I'ld rather advise you to use BB), Garotte* and Swell (some people disagree on this one)

Humanoid Skills that are relatively cheap and very useful :- Mighty Swing and Firestorm*

Humanoid Skills that are expensive and that make or break a fight :- Beastial Onslaught*, A&H Mastery, Blood bath, Str of Titans, Armageddon

Humanoid Skills that are expensive but not a priority and yet good to have :- Penetrate Armor, Slam and BKI

This is my opinion, alot of people might disagree with some skills. So upto you as to what you buy. * - the ones I've
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Demon Beastial rage is a must have skill and pretty cheap though. same with frighten (both 2-3kk only).
    btw. Beastial rage is not a tiger skill - can be used in both forms.

Slam is a very useful skill because it let you gain extra chi.
  • _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    On a side note, if you level pretty quick or mostly PVE you want to scrap the GX's in favor of star axes, demon axes, or either of the gold frost axes to save a good amount of coin for more/better skills. In pve I find star axes to be just as damaging over all as GX's and better for tanking. Also I love my pan-gu for taking hits and I miss my old Gatherstorm's hp regen a lot. Best part is u can always resell them later if u still feel need for zerk-power.

hmm now you made me re-think my decision, and u gave me a lot of options b:surrender lol. Alright so, I'm just going to look at the stats of the wep you mentioned. Oh and I have never done PVP before, I was planning to after 90+ since I lvl slow.

Thx all, so the next 2 skills I need to get are: Fereal regeneration and Mighty Swing, now just need to think my wep :S

Btw, how much are Star axes worth on HT? asumming 10mil?
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Star axes tend to sell around 6-9 mil.
  • _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    kk thx, btw is it easier to farm them then buy?
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Demon Beastial rage is a must have skill and pretty cheap though. same with frighten (both 2-3kk only).
    btw. Beastial rage is not a tiger skill - can be used in both forms.

Slam is a very useful skill because it let you gain extra chi.

Beastial Rage was around 6 mil in HL the last time i checked and Frighten was 8 to 10 mil. So kept both of them as expensive. Rage surely is a great skill but I usually end up with good enough chi so didn't really work on getting the skill demonized. Though more is already better when it comes to chi.

Frighten is good for chi building and RB but didn't find a reason to demonize it.

Slam is good for chi but not a priority skill, imo. Not much of a use in PvP and I hardly go human in instances except to drop an arma or B.O.

Yep made a mistake and kept Beastial Rage in the tiger skills. Thanks for the heads up b:thanks