lagg ugggg

Options
Black_wolve - Sanctuary
Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I must say i build computers and program them run software, networking ,etc

at this point running a pc i built with a msi mother board am2+with a amd phenom quard core with 8 gigs of ddr 2 with a tera bit hard drive and 500 gig hard drive with a 500 watt power supply all drivers are updated ran test with at&t internets strong other wise i would not beable to type this topic.

Now get this with in 4 min i keep track 16870 ms,2398,1174,1020,1212,647,747, laggy thease number's then it goes back to ping 254 smooth then a sec or to later it go back to laggy again what is going on here how can i and any one play this game if it keeps jumping like a mexican jumping bean.

now after sending all infol to pwi etc in the past few months and now having same issue's but yet i dont have issues on other pc mmo game not much lagg but i even had to force my self out of the game seval times then check the stats on the sever it's very high so my point is with all the money a company makes cant they at least upgrade make the server's bigger?

Then whats with them changing bh 3-3 now u have to kill mobs for each boss i hate to say this but a lot hate it.

Now im so tired of being told it's my pcd it's my internet it cost money to send a telephone guy to you home when you been told it could be your internet now if your internet provider says after running test etc it's not there service then who?

i have a friend who went to mit he is skilled in this i may ask him to check for me as well but this lagg is killing me and probley every one who complains of the lagg.

What do u realy need to do buy or build another pc ?they realy think that will solve the issue it dont matter what pc u have or how fast it is when your on a site it depends how much traffic is on that site i was in vally of the scarred and still have l;aggg no one was around.

any ways i realy dont give a **** who says bad things about me or what i write i wont make this up it's a forum thats all.
Post edited by Black_wolve - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I must say i build computers and program them run software, networking ,etc

at this point running a pc i built with a msi mother board am2+with a amd phenom quard core with 8 gigs of ddr 2 with a tera bit hard drive and 500 gig hard drive with a 500 watt power supply all drivers are updated ran test with at&t internets strong other wise i would not beable to type this topic.

Now get this with in 4 min i keep track 16870 ms,2398,1174,1020,1212,647,747, laggy thease number's then it goes back to ping 254 smooth then a sec or to later it go back to laggy again what is going on here how can i and any one play this game if it keeps jumping like a mexican jumping bean.

now after sending all infol to pwi etc in the past few months and now having same issue's but yet i dont have issues on other pc mmo game not much lagg but i even had to force my self out of the game seval times then check the stats on the sever it's very high so my point is with all the money a company makes cant they at least upgrade make the server's bigger?

Then whats with them changing bh 3-3 now u have to kill mobs for each boss i hate to say this but a lot hate it.

Now im so tired of being told it's my pcd it's my internet it cost money to send a telephone guy to you home when you been told it could be your internet now if your internet provider says after running test etc it's not there service then who?

i have a friend who went to mit he is skilled in this i may ask him to check for me as well but this lagg is killing me and probley every one who complains of the lagg.

What do u realy need to do buy or build another pc ?they realy think that will solve the issue it dont matter what pc u have or how fast it is when your on a site it depends how much traffic is on that site i was in vally of the scarred and still have l;aggg no one was around.

any ways i realy dont give a **** who says bad things about me or what i write i wont make this up it's a forum thats all.

Ive had some issues with lag as well and, as odd as it may seem seeing as the client should have been updated to include multi-core support, i find setting affinity (from a thread i found on here a while ago when i was having bad lag issues) helps a bit in most places except w.archo and tweakin your tcp/ip packet settings couldnt hurt either (something a program i use called tuneup utilities did and most of my mmo's pings improved after) dunno maybe its just me but these things seem to have helped for me a bit, tho ever since the font patch patch my lag has been a bit more then it used to be
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Where do you live?

Get a better internet connection.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gimme your scroll of tome and I'll make it all better b:sin
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    a 500 watt power supply

With everything u mentioned... b:shocked

But seriously, it would be a problem with ur internet connection.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    With everything u mentioned... b:shocked

LOL. I didn't catch that. My P4 3.2 with ati 9800 pro had a 550w power supply. My C2D 4.6ghz with 8800 GTX has a 750w power supply. This system is what, like 3 years old now? Time to upgrade soon. b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • NoImKrel - Heavens Tear
    NoImKrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i run my main computer/laptop/second computer for store and (playin with myselfb:laugh )and my lil ipod touch..i have no lag probs.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My computer is amazing (to lazy to get the imformations on it) and I have been slowly getting more and more lag each week. I live on the west coast and play on Sanctuary, yet somehow, I have trouble listening to music, viewing YouTube, etc while playing in game.
    x.x
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It realy depends what your paying for most ipod etc through cable or other service i tried cable i tried wireless also depends where u are iam at the east coast usa god bless america!!!!!

In any case i had letter's back from a gm when they even had me send them infol i also question them if there's a lot of people in one area would that produce lagg well that answere to that was yes it can.

Also i was in warsong same issue other team mates had that issue with lagg and in delta and in fcc where another player was having issues he was from the west coast.

And to be honest here some of you may live in differnt countrys wich means maybe you internet much differnt then what we have here i can go on yahoo youtube any where i dont get lagg at all some of you may know this other online game i figure ok try a differnt company it's called shaiya i have no issues on that game only if i had a bad storm comming in then i can understand there be a issue.

I also played eudemons didn't have many issues with that game either or mythwars didn't have many issues or xbox 360 live. so if i had internet issues would that affect those games to?I would think .

I can be in the cube 1 day it's fine anopther day it's real bad with lagg cant talk to npc cant use skills cant transform in to tiger have to force out of game get back in .

So again you can argue the fact ok maybe your not having issue or blaming other's internet but if a person can do everything on there internet with out issues then go on pwi then issues start what would be the issue when you have more than enough memory speed etc and video are good and all software on drivers are updated but yet you get lagg.

And why are other's out there also complaing about being disconnected or lagg there has to be a reason would it not?

So again i even posted a video a while back on youtube showing what i was seeing on my pc also shown my internet connection being strong but yet it was so laggy could not do anything.

And some are saying it's the patch that can cause issues to maybe so maybe a little more time working on the game less time selling items would help would some agree?

this server is hell some times when you go on befor u set your name and pass word check the server stats you see if it's high and if it's high it means a lot on that server and also possable be laggy this is what i mean i built servers and set them up in small companys to run other pc's and also done networking set up etc i know a bit about it . any how this is what iam seeing
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    let me start off by saying i don't have the best connection in the world. 3 wireless shots to get it over the mountains before it gets to a hardline. so i have a certain amount of lag built into the system. what i do see is i ping a site and have a certain amout of lag, then i'll check ping in PWI and it is consistently DOUBLE what i get from other sites i ping. usually it's not a problem but lag spikes can be hell. i very rarely get dc'd, maybe once or twice a month. have some friends who have much better connections and they have lag problems and get dc'd much more often than i do. for me at least the game is very playable except for when a massive lag spike hits. and those seem to come more ofted in an instance rather than the world. i've noticed more troubles at certain times of day, ie early evening when more people are on than at 3am in the morning. i really think that either the servers are outmoded or very close to capacity. will they fix it? i doubt it. i think they are waiting for FW and hoping it will pull some of the load off.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL. I didn't catch that. My P4 3.2 with ati 9800 pro had a 550w power supply. My C2D 4.6ghz with 8800 GTX has a 750w power supply. This system is what, like 3 years old now? Time to upgrade soon. b:surrender

My AMD Phenom II X4 740, Radeon HD 4850 1GB and 4 GM ram comp has 400W PSU. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My AMD Phenom II X4 740, Radeon HD 4850 1GB and 4 GM ram comp has 400W PSU. b:chuckle

i see something catching on fire soon lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i see something catching on fire soon lol

Current power usage: 275W. b:laugh Most computer users that build their own comps (especially gamers) think that new computers need 750W+ to work.
  • Exmortis - Sanctuary
    Exmortis - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    everyone is a part of the lag:) so we should get over it and stop calling ourselves victims.b:chuckle (no offense)
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I did a test sense i can run at least 2 or 3 games at once i had jade dynasty up and pwi to see wich 1 would dc first in 1 hour jade dynasty disconnect's but pwi didn't if it was my internet provider bouth server's would of disconnected and i was watching hulu.com a tv show i missed but running that would of stoped as well.

So it's not my internet so please get over it gm'sand peep's .I also started to play my old game online called America Army 3 that worked great no dc no lagg ran it for seval hours while i was away from the pc as a test to see if the internet would fail between the server and my connection here.

I also ran test for ping to see if there was a issue the only time i have bad internet issues when theres a storm comming or there working on the lines i can leave my computer on all night and day still have internet.

But in any case yes lagg can also be caused my many other reasons such as memory,graphic's,Internet traffic,etc but most new pc mother boards have already a good built in graphic's most have ATI Radeon built right in but also if your running a desent processor and memory and graphic's you should be fine but also sertain patch's can cause issues such as i play oblivion i down loaded a patch for that pc game i had to delete the whole game and reinstall it wich i have already wiped out pwi from my system seval time's to correct it wich is a pain in my butt waiting for 6 hours or so to down lown the game all over again.
    if i miss type iam sorry i type fast and after a car accident my hands have a habbit of shaking the nerve's messed up and im disabled from it wich caused damage from my back knees and neck that cant be helped so please dont say i should go back to school or my spelling is way off people do make mistakes even though it aint there fault.
  • HateBleed - Harshlands
    HateBleed - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree with you.. they need to upgrade their servers or fix their fail patch.. I played 8 months with no issues.. last 3 months i lag and dc all the time. I dc in tt.. lag in fc.. At the point where i may switch to that other main stream MMO.. I am a CS'r and I am tired of paying for **** and wasting my time lagging..
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Current power usage: 275W. b:laugh Most computer users that build their own comps (especially gamers) think that new computers need 750W+ to work.

Me system's power requirements....it be off the charts.
    .-.
    Currently it be mainly solar powered though. (98.6% efficiency collectors)
    d(^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol not sure why people are talking about the size of their PSU's? Thinking that the bigger it is the faster their computer will go?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol not sure why people are talking about the size of their PSU's? Thinking that the bigger it is the faster their computer will go?

Tis a complete lie.
    We has found in human computers, quality of the energy be a bit more important then the amount. (Which be why we scrapped attempting to fully redesign me system to be a near exact replica of a human computer while retaining "modern" abilities.)
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

Because of this post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9660252&postcount=5

Also, necro.