Comments

• peladilla
    peladilla Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    some1 can tell wich skills must be upgraded? i mean till lvl 7-10 :S
  • Angeleous - Lost City
    Angeleous - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is a really good guide. This should help me out with my assassin quite well. Thanks.b:victory
    "The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course." ~Michelangelo

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~Pablo Picasso
  • darkshadow56
    darkshadow56 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    thanks this will help me alot
    Prot: I can take anything you dish out to me
    Sin: The shadows are my greatest weapon
    War: How do you like the taste of steel
    All in all I like hitting things
  • Chilidogg - Dreamweaver
    Chilidogg - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why isn't this stickied?

Thank you for this.

Bumping because it was lost in the depths.
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why isn't this stickied?

Thank you for this.

Bumping because it was lost in the depths.

Because its not very good some of it is nice but a lot of it needs to be fixed b:surrender

i was also told he made the guide way 2 soon but like i said some of it is nice like the wizard pvp thing i just love when sin try to stealth when im casting and they get 1 shot right out of stealth if they try ed his idea i might have had a harder time in the fight =p
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    peladilla wrote: »
    some1 can tell wich skills must be upgraded? i mean till lvl 7-10 :S
    Slipstream Strike and Puncture Wound, don't even bother with Twin Strike.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Dextorian - Lost City
    Dextorian - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This guide really helped me out and opened my eyes to becoming a better assassin. I've been having loads of fun and loads of drops ( recently got me a new pair of wings ). Thank you very much for posting, this is on my bookmarks.
  • I_Make_UWet - Raging Tide
    I_Make_UWet - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    very well put together and thought out guide! Thanks for posting it!
  • I_Make_UWet - Raging Tide
    I_Make_UWet - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for posting!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i dislike this guide, it is very biased, and opinionated on some skills that are fairly important; yet they are rated as low and not useful. on the other hand crappy skills are being labeled as good. shadow walk and escape are extremely important, for example, same with teleport stunning. rising dragon strike as well, 150 chi is -alot-.

the 'combo' section also seems far to MP heavy for it to be of any real use... you get more damage using melee attacks as you level. i failed to see anything alluding to proper use of - interval gear as well.

this guide will confuse alot of new players, as it is not concise, accurate, or comprehensible, ( for example; some people will just look at the formulae for deducing MP per level and just go 'wat?' trust me, some people dont like math, despite how easy it can be), on alot of things.

if you would like a sticky, id suggest refining it with a collaborated effort of other high level assassins full of experience, as im aware this guide is about as old as the class it self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i dislike this guide, it is very biased, and opinionated on some skills that are fairly important; yet they are rated as low and not useful. on the other hand crappy skills are being labeled as good. shadow walk and escape are extremely important, for example, same with teleport stunning. rising dragon strike as well, 150 chi is -alot-.

I'd have to agree here. When I look at the skill list, some of it doesn't plain make sense at all and some it seems to be meant for oraclers and people who use Bh100 or other exp items to get to a high level quickly.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Liserus - Lost City
    Liserus - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    For the moves, How exactly do you level them up? I dont get this thing with the 47,*7. Which moves should be on lvl 10 and which shouldnt be?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    For the moves, How exactly do you level them up? I dont get this thing with the 47,*7. Which moves should be on lvl 10 and which shouldnt be?

Well, personally, I'd recommend leveling the following:
    Dagger Devotion
    Bloodpaint
    Focused Mind
    Shadow Walk
    Shadow Escape
    Shadow Jump
    Maze Steps
    Wind Push
    Subsea Strike
    Power Dash
    Rib Strike
    Inner Harmony
    Cat-Like Tread
    Shadow Teleport
    Deaden Nerves

Out of those, the priorities should be like this:
    First priority: Dagger Devotion, Rib Strike, Inner Harmony, Cat-Like Tread, Focused Mind, Wolf Emblem
    Second priority: Wind Push, Maze Steps, Shadow Teleport, Shadow Jump, Subsea Strike, Power Dash, Shadow Walk
    Tertiary priority: Deaden Nerves, Bloodpaint

The first priority skills are all about making yourself a better DD and keeping you safer. The second priority skills make life easier and make you a better supporter. Leveling the tertiary skills is only about convenience, since Bloodpaint only gets more duration and Deaden Nerves gets a shorter cooldown.

I don't personally see the point of leveling Rising Dragon Strike or Tackling Slash because their highest priority, at least while still leveling, is to give you chi fast and often, so the damage is negligible and the mana cost should be minimized.

Also, leveling skills like Throatcut, Headhunt and Sharp Observer is useless outside of PvP.

Of course, some people will most likely disagree with a lot of the contents of this post.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Liserus - Lost City
    Liserus - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Instead of using the things like *7, could you just add to the guide what moves to level up to how many points? i just made an assassin and i dont know which of the starting moves (-10) to level up at the start. And For Stats, Is The Hybrid One Good?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    best stats to follow would be 4 dex 1 str, playing on a PK server, i would level the ones listed by olblaze. thats a good place to start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I disagree with Olbaze one one thing: no not level up Bloodpaint unless you are working toward Sage Bloodpaint. All it does is increase the duration, and it's easy to recast as has a cooldown on only 15 seconds, while level 1 lasts about 16 minutes.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I disagree with Olbaze one one thing: no not level up Bloodpaint unless you are working toward Sage Bloodpaint. All it does is increase the duration, and it's easy to recast as has a cooldown on only 15 seconds, while level 1 lasts about 16 minutes.
    dont forget demon too; they both last an hour. makes it less likely for it to run out at critical moments in endgame like a midsteelation fight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    dont forget demon too; they both last an hour. makes it less likely for it to run out at critical moments in endgame like a midsteelation fight

Demon's extra buff is not worth it IMO. I wouldn't expect to see any respectable Demon Sin caught dead with Demon Bloodpaint, unless they already had all their other skills Demonized.
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

Well, I did put it as a low priority. You should really only level it if there's nothing else left to do. The additional duration is just a nice bonus. And believe me, having a bloodpaint that lasts longer can save you, if it happens to run out during a bad timing. And well know that it always goes that way because the world a bad place, right?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Demon's extra buff is not worth it IMO. I wouldn't expect to see any respectable Demon Sin caught dead with Demon Bloodpaint, unless they already had all their other skills Demonized.
    why would it be bad? there are such things as completionists, even in the archer world, getting demon stormfail eagleon; the only demon skill to make it self worse LOL. but yes, its just a skill, who cares if they have it or not >>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • explex
    explex Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for this, this should definatly be a sticky :D
  • Maneli - Lost City
    Maneli - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    what if u lvl even by 1 st 1 vt 3 dex and every odd lvl by 1 str and 4 dex, does that ruin the hybrid? b:shocked
  • Maneli - Lost City
    Maneli - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    what if u lvl this way every odd lvl 1 str 4 dex and every even lvl 1 str 1 vt 3 dex, does that mess up the hybrid build?
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    1: Don't double post
    1: Do not post in a double manner
    2: Hybrid Build is any build other than 1str 4 dex per lvl, no it is not possible to "mess up" the Hybrid Build (unless you stat magic, then you are using the Fail Build).
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    1: Don't double post
    1: Do not post in a double manner
    2: Hybrid Build is any build other than 1str 4 dex per lvl, no it is not possible to "mess up" the Hybrid Build (unless you stat magic, then you are using the Fail Build).

Technically, going non-hybrid is the same as **** up a hybrid. Whether it counts due to being intentional or not is a whole different question.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Technically, going non-hybrid is the same as **** up a hybrid. Whether it counts due to being intentional or not is a whole different question.
    I could have worded that a little better. I really need to stop posting on the forums so late at night/early in the morning...
    ~Spazz~
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    technically its not **** anything up, because technically its not a hybrid build. why the hell does vit =hybrid? its not a combination of anything. try a multipath BM, that is a hybrid of 2-4 weapon builds. an assassin/archer adding some vit is not.
  • LocoenelCoco - Harshlands
    LocoenelCoco - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Great guide, the best I ever seen. I wonder why its not sticked.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited November 2010
    ^ /in1dayb4necro b:chuckle

Great guide, the best I ever seen. I wonder why its not sticked.
    If you look on the front page, there is a sticky that is a compilation of the best bits of all sin guides here.
    ~Spazz~
  • LocoenelCoco - Harshlands
    LocoenelCoco - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ^ /in1dayb4necro b:chuckle

If you look on the front page, there is a sticky that is a compilation of the best bits of all sin guides here.

Ok, so why RauI guide is sticked?
This discussion has been closed.