Assassin Sucks

13»

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For lower levels,yes. But you'll hardly need pots at all later on. At this level, I walk around with like 5 level 60 MP pots if I'm doing PvE.

Well yeah, I'd expect it to get lesser as the mana pool gets larger and the attack rate goes up. Personally, I got a stack of 50 Focus Powders in my inventory, not that I'm bothering to use them for normal grinding as the mana recovery rate is too high. I mainly made them to allow permanent stealth and to upgrade my apothecary.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    wat is asasin???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    To OP,

If sin suck that much for you..

GO HA sin b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well yeah, I'd expect it to get lesser as the mana pool gets larger and the attack rate goes up. Personally, I got a stack of 50 Focus Powders in my inventory, not that I'm bothering to use them for normal grinding as the mana recovery rate is too high. I mainly made them to allow permanent stealth and to upgrade my apothecary.

I recently found out it's possible to have infinite stealth without pots. My friend Heleghir in RT server is a sin about 93. His gear boosts his mp regen and his stealth is maxed out. He actually gains about 3 mp per second in stealth instead of losing 15 per second. Most beastly thing ever for a PKer sin.
    edited July 2010
    You are just making that phrase up aren't you...?

'The Sex' is a real phrase. It's like saying something is the shiit.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I recently found out it's possible to have infinite stealth without pots. My friend Heleghir in RT server is a sin about 93. His gear boosts his mp regen and his stealth is maxed out. He actually gains about 3 mp per second in stealth instead of losing 15 per second. Most beastly thing ever for a PKer sin.

Of course, that's very possible too, as you'll just need +15 mp regen. With TT90 boots and Tauran Cape, you're looking at 7 mp/sec already. Add Hat of Drum Master or Decaying Snow Helmet and you'll be at 11 mp/sec. Add Fire Dance (Grade 2 Tome) and you'll be at 17 mp/sec.

The thing with Focus Powder is that it negates all the mana loss from even level 1 Shadow Walk, adds a ton on top of it (26mp/s) and that I needed to make something to upgrade the Apothecary skill.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    To OP,

If sin suck that much for you..

GO HA sin b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Noooo!! You must be an AA sin! :DDDDD More mag more mag more mag! b:chuckle

Lol I'm just kidding. LA <3
  • Martyrial - Harshlands
    Martyrial - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I just think Assassins are a good all around class :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I just think Assassins are a good all around class :/

No, we are a very specialized class. Good all around? You are thinking of BMs.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Nobody should play assassins they suck ... like the thread already said!
    Assassins are UP, they are bad for pvp(tw) and for pve
    No1 should be playing this horrible class! It's the worst class in pwi and it's the most useless too!!!
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Of course, that's very possible too, as you'll just need +15 mp regen. With TT90 boots and Tauran Cape, you're looking at 7 mp/sec already. Add Hat of Drum Master or Decaying Snow Helmet and you'll be at 11 mp/sec. Add Fire Dance (Grade 2 Tome) and you'll be at 17 mp/sec.

The thing with Focus Powder is that it negates all the mana loss from even level 1 Shadow Walk, adds a ton on top of it (26mp/s) and that I needed to make something to upgrade the Apothecary skill.

I've got a Shining Snow Helm (+6 mp regen), TT 90 Boots (+4 mp regen), Cape of Tauran Chieftain (+3 mp regen), and Decaying Snow Vest (+4 mp regen). Once I upgrade my chest + cape + boots I'm going to keep a Nature's Breath (lvl 59 mold ornament / + 7 mp regen) and possibly a mp regen tome on me at all times. I'd strongly recommend investing in a better tome for pvp tho.
    edited August 2010
    For lower levels,yes. But you'll hardly need pots at all later on. At this level, I walk around with like 5 level 60 MP pots if I'm doing PvE.

Agreed. Once you get to 60+, you hardly ever need pots. Just a few mana pots. With Bloodpaint, we're our own personal cleric. Especially a bloodpaint>ribstrike>normal attack combo or a bloodpaint>HH>normal attack. The only time I use HP pots are when I'm squaded with a fail cleric.
  • Langolier - Sanctuary
    Langolier - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    End of. I have a lvl 33 sin nd the only thing he can do is die. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. A wise sin once told me, either way for an assassin, a battle never lasts longer than 15 seconds. Oh how true. Assassin is basically a hand to hand cleric. Everyone says "oh yeah, assassin is the best class ever." No effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodpaint, everythings all better." my sin once got buffed with bloodpaint, nd he only recovered 5 hp per attack. How useful. BTW im talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how sins r amazing at PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a sin lvl up much or anything like that.

Tell me what u guys think.

Sorry but you're a moron... sins are great you're the problem not the class. How can you say sin sucks. From the very beginning of playing my sin i never had any problems at all at any lvl! I crush the mobs at my lvl and 1-2 lvls higher than me and i know so many people that will support that. Maybe instead of putting ur points in dex u put them all in str or something lol. Learn more about the class first before posting stupid opinions that make others laugh and make you look dumb.
  • Vassaga - Heavens Tear
    Vassaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well, my first char is a wizzie, so I am used to being a squishy.. My next one is a cleric, and they're just a bit less squishy... Playing an assassin (if you don't wish to be fail one, later on) demands a bit of planning and thinking (there will be tricky situations like killing yourself on reflect mobs, or chasing mana draining mobs b:shocked ), and preparation. GET LIFE POWDER b:dirty Tons of nectar + golden herbs outside RT area. There are few good guides here which explain in detail how to deal with specific types of mobs..

During low levels, bleed + sleep helps, and so does bow.. It gets much, much easier when you get your second spark.
    U wont notice effects of the blood paint much at lower levels, unfortunately. For example, I just hit a mob with head hunt and had 280hp leeched back (non crit, just level 6 HH with maxed dagger devotion).
    It's such fun to crit one-shot mob (or a player.. I don't duel much and wont PK before 95+ anyway) and spark all the time b:dirty

edit: my normal unsparked hits on mob leech about 80ish hp back.. And I'm using mold daggers, +2 with immaculate shard, which I picked up on AH fairly cheap.. They did cost less then that shard, lol :)
  • Angeleous - Lost City
    Angeleous - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    (bored so...) You be Trollin~! b:laugh
    "The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course." ~Michelangelo

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~Pablo Picasso
  • O_o___o_o - Dreamweaver
    O_o___o_o - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    its really easy to survive with a sin.. u dont know how to play
    o_o... y r u reading this?.....o_o
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im enjoying my sin at the moment trick to utilize Bloodpaint is normal damage not skill damage my sin basically never runs out of hp unless 6-8 mobs attack me which if ofcourse a cleric should be there,i've only played PWI for less than a month and now im totally loving it!!!looking forward to create new character classes!!!!which one should i go for next???
    youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
  • Angeleous - Lost City
    Angeleous - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    im enjoying my sin at the moment trick to utilize Bloodpaint is normal damage not skill damage my sin basically never runs out of hp unless 6-8 mobs attack me which if ofcourse a cleric should be there,i've only played PWI for less than a month and now im totally loving it!!!looking forward to create new character classes!!!!which one should i go for next???

Go try your hand at being a wizard xD
    "The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course." ~Michelangelo

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~Pablo Picasso
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With the proper use of skills, an assassin can usually kill same lvl mobs or higher in 2-3 hits. But, with that LA he takes some damage. Barbs are the only melee class I enjoy playing. I love heavy armor and being able to soak massive punishment.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With the proper use of skills, an assassin can usually kill same lvl mobs or higher in 2-3 hits. But, with that LA he takes some damage. Barbs are the only melee class I enjoy playing. I love heavy armor and being able to soak massive punishment.

I know a 101 HA sin.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • smartmoth
    smartmoth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Most people play as Sins thinking they're your average melee class.

They are not.
    They are powerful DDers who requires either a Tank or a careful "flow chart".

For example:
    At level 29 I'm doing the "Puncture wound - Swiftstream Strike - Deep Sting" buffed with Wolf Emblem and Focused Mind.

b:chuckle

I've died twice. Once due to my Faction's 10 year old (my guestimate of his age based on maturity level) cleric who ran ahead and drew a bunch of aggro in one of the dungeons.
    Another time due to my terrible habit of exploring places I should not.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fail thread is fail. Q is all I see from OP. b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3