The Event Boutique is Bogus

Options
WillowVIII - Dreamweaver
WillowVIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
So I got 50 event gold from the Silver Celestial Tiger Pack. I went to the event boutique, bought a 1* Dragon Orb. I moused over it, and guess what it said.

Malarky.png

What in holy hell is this bull
Post edited by WillowVIII - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    as far as i am concerned... event gold is only good for those crappy charms and nothing else.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    free stuff from PWI, what can you expect b:chuckle
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the tip-off.

I was actually expecting them to be non-tradeable (think most/all of the event CS items are), but yeah they're absolutely worthless if they can't even be upgraded.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I got the 50 free gold for event boutique too. I love this, thank you PWI. I purchase a hair and 2 silver mp charms (I use charms for mp only in TW), and some tisha and tienkang stones. Awesome, you can't beat free stuff.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That only makes the dragon orbs rather useless since there are no orbs in there beside 1 star. But hey, it's still free stuff, why complain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To which I anwer: What desperate sod needs a 1* orb to get +1?
    Making them untradeable makes sense, but being unable to combine makes them worthless.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I forgot but is there any point in using 1 star dragon orbs for higher refines? I know it's not 100% but what's the point if chances are lower than refining with mirages directly? b:question
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You will 0 out.
  • EmpireMind - Harshlands
    EmpireMind - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    damn, I got first place in my class (on main) and I didn't get any event gold b:cry

Be happy u got it at least. I'd be buying silver HP charms for TW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I forgot but is there any point in using 1 star dragon orbs for higher refines? I know it's not 100% but what's the point if chances are lower than refining with mirages directly? b:question

Using a dragon orb for any refine higher than it is meant for will just consume the orb without it having any effect afaik.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We're lucky to get this event boutique.

What confuses me is the fact everything is 3 times the price, can't they just hand out 15 or 20 event gold and put the price as normal instead?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't quite understand why they called the event currency the same as cash shop currency.

I can potentially see some confusion arising from that.

Wouldn't exactly have been hard to call it something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bronze? b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow its worth a try =o i want smilies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow that's ****.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I mean you have to give cashshoppers incentives to charge and not just wait till Monday at 9pm EST. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I haven't brought anything with my event gold yet, but are all the event charms also not trade-able like those orbs? Was planning on getting 20 charms and selling them for this week's TW b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The event gold is great. I ddin't win any but it's nice that they give you the option to buy *some* stuff.

So, the dragon orbs are worthless. Buy other stuff instead?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I haven't brought anything with my event gold yet, but are all the event charms also not trade-able like those orbs? Was planning on getting 20 charms and selling them for this week's TW b:chuckle

All Event shop items are untradable . But thats fine IMO its all free stuff so no reason to complain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All Event shop items are untradable . But thats fine IMO its all free stuff so no reason to complain

Thanks for the verification :)
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't know why they would even include d.orbs in event boutique if they make it that you can't combine it, very deceptive.

However, there are still enough useful items there to use your event gold on... charms, smileys, tele stones...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't know why they would even include d.orbs in event boutique if they make it that you can't combine it, very deceptive.

However, there are still enough useful items there to use your event gold on... charms, smileys, tele stones...

It's not deceptive at all. It's in bright red lettering. We have been asking PWI for this kind of thing. At the least I was. My old game gave away free untradable stuff and I loved it! I love that PWI is doing it now. It's for personal use; buy the stuff you can use. Like tisha and tienkang, got 3 pieces of gear to +6 using them.. Wooot Lovin' it.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just another example of how people are not ever pleased. Dude, its FREE. I'd love to have the free event gold. If you don't want it, seriously; see if they will let you give it to someone else. The game is free, they give you free gold and you still have room to complain?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On the whole I like what the event boutique has to offer.

I have my eye on a ground mount or Tisha & Tienkang stones.

I would also agree that the whole thing regarding the restriction of not combining 1* Dragon Orbs is a bit silly and more or less makes them useless.

Would have been better to not include them at all in the Event Boutique or make it so the Event Boutique Dragon Orbs can only be combined with each other and not regular Dragon Orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I would also agree that the whole thing regarding the restriction of not combining 1* Dragon Orbs is a bit silly and more or less makes them useless.

More or less a fair summary. Good idea, just a couple flaws in the execution. On the whole, it's one of the better things to come out of the patch.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I have my eye on a ground mount or Tisha & Tienkang stones.

Would have been better to not include them at all in the Event Boutique or make it so the Event Boutique Dragon Orbs can only be combined with each other and not regular Dragon Orbs.
    More or less a fair summary. Good idea, just a couple flaws in the execution. On the whole, it's one of the better things to come out of the patch.

+1 to both of these posts.

While I'll admit, it's deceptive and rather pointless to give out 1* orbs you can't combine into higher level ones, it's also completely free for very little of your time. Consider it a save on some of the orbs you need to use if you're refining gear? Either way, while it's possibly a little flawed and you could suggest to improve it in the suggestions forum, it's not that bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's not deceptive at all. It's in bright red lettering.

Tell me where it says that you can't combine it into higher level orbs BEFORE you buy it. It doesn't say, therefore it's deceptive.

Like I said, overall there are some useful items, but d.orbs isn't 1 of those, and it is deceptive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Tell me where it says that you can't combine it into higher level orbs BEFORE you buy it. It doesn't say, therefore it's deceptive.

Like I said, overall there are some useful items, but d.orbs isn't 1 of those, and it is deceptive.

If you hover over the item in the event boutique it tells you that you can NOT use it at the jewelcrafter to make higher lvl dragon orbs. HOW is that deceptive?

However I wont' dispute your comment on how useful they are or aren't.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well at least they warn you in big RED WARNING LETTERS that the jewelcraftsman doesnt know how to combine non-tradeable orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well, my mistake... kind of

Who bothers to hover over the item in the boutique, seriously? You can see it's a d.orb, you know wat it does, and you expect the function to be the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.