Hello, Cash Shopper Speaking

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would just like to personally say that this game is getting more ruined by the second, and even with my ample amount of money put into this game,spending money on every server i played on (HT, DW, RT, HL, and ARCHO) it is getting to the point where this game is not worth playing.

There is no response to the players pleads which they overflood these forums with daily

There instead of doing what was said and trying to fix the ingame economy, nothing was done, if fact you just put the main economy poison in the Cash Shop (indefinetly) and expect us to give you Respect?

Now dont get me wrong, spending money on an online game isnt frowned upon at all, in fact i love to if the game is even close to an hobby of mine, but whats the point of spending money on a game with no one to play with...

This game turned from a balanced self efficent and happy player base into....well what is seen on these forums, Complete and utter sh*t and chaos.

Please fix the game soon, or in the near future there wont be a game to fix....thank you
    Why don't you just stick to one server and attend to those char only with Zen instead of flooding it on to others?It is waste of time and money to do what you are doing so don't blame others and not the economy.I will admit I got alts on other server but they are just there to visit with others not to play the game.This is your own doing so who do you blame.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Funny how you pick and choose only parts of what Fuzzy says to respond to.

Funny how you edit your post after I posted my response and then try and pretend I only picked bits of your post to respond to. My posting time and your edit time also confirms this.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you after that cheap shot to try and make it look like I wasn't reading everything you said. XD Fail harder please Fuzzy, you destroyed your own argument, posted, and when I responded telling you why your argument sucked **** you went back to edit your post to try and pretend I had ignored parts of it.

b:bye

-edit-

Oh, just to respond to a part of your edited post that you edited after my first response:

Your argument STILL fails because the TW change doesn't affect me. I'm not in a TW faction.

Assume moar plz, you've been making a royal **** of yourself so far in doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    However, you seem to be saying that the 10mil notes are the only source of inflation and that somehow removing them will be a magic wand and reset the economy. This is a bogus notion.

There has been billions and billions injected into the economy from people grinding, this cannot be denied. In fact, it was for this reason alone that DQ items were nerfed. It was a move to combat inflation.

Yet the people that want the notes removed to help compensate for inflation were the same ones that were outraged when the DQ price change was implemented to help combat the exact same problem.

How do you square that circle?
    The two aren't inconsistent. A small level of coin inflation in the game is to be expected (deflation would mean you'd make money by not playing for a while and coming back later - something I'm certain PWE does not want to encourage).

Inflation happens when the rate of coin entering the system exceeds the rate of coin leaving it. That is, the coin sources generate more coin per day than the coin sinks suck up coin per day. For this to be balanced well, the sources have to generate slightly more than the sinks suck up. Assume for the moment that things were balanced in this fashion back when gold was 100k.

On average the number of hours played by people is pretty constant. Well, maybe it spikes during summer vacation and weekends, but overall it's pretty constant. Similarly, when you grind, you can only obtain coin at a certain rate, say 200k per hour on average. If on average each player grinds 1 hour a day, and there are 5k players (not all online at once of course), then this coin source is relatively stable at 1 billion coin per day. It can vary a bit, but given the large player population, the randomness of drops, and the law of averages, you're probably looking at 1 billion +/- 5% a day.

It's very easy to design a coin sink to counter that. If you want a bit of inflation, just design a sink which on average consumes 0.9 billion coin per day and you've created a net gain of 50-150 million coin per day. The important thing here is that the rate is consistent and difficult to vary. There are no exploits which let you run around one-shotting everything to make that 1 billion per day suddenly become 4 billion per day and completely throwing off your balance.

The tokens from the packs breaks this (moreso when they were first released). Unlike grinding which takes time, packs are almost instant. So instead of 1 billion +/- 5%, it's completely dependent on the instantaneous whims of players opening packs. They probably generated 10s of billions of coin per day when Anniv packs were first released, down to probably ~half a billion per day now. This huge range in potential coin influx makes them very difficult if not impossible to balance with a coin sink. If they'd added a coin sink last September which countered them, removing 10s of billions of coin from the economy each day, that sink would now be causing massive coin deflation, if it hadn't yet emptied the economy of all coin.

The other thing to note is that the influence a player has on the economy is proportional to the amount of coin s/he generates from coin sources. So reducing DQ prices 20% while leaving perfect best luck tokens in means the people who grind have their influence on the economy reduced by ~15%, while the influence of people who open packs remains unchanged. The people who were feeling victimized by rising gold prices had their influence on the economy decreased, while the people opening packs had their influence proportionately increased. That's precisely the opposite of the effect most people wanted, which is why the change drew so much outrage.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    If any of you have played other versions of this game, you would know that the bank notes have no real effect on the gold prices. The gold prices will jump regardless as long as there is a pack out. If anything it stabilizes the economy since it sets the prices for us, instead of letting people decide.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So reducing DQ prices 20% while leaving perfect best luck tokens in means the people who grind have their influence on the economy reduced by ~15%, while the influence of people who open packs remains unchanged. The people who were feeling victimized by rising gold prices had their influence on the economy decreased, while the people opening packs had their influence proportionately increased. That's precisely the opposite of the effect most people wanted, which is why the change drew so much outrage.

Please don't go along with all the others and ignore that DQ is only a small part of the income of grinding. That 20% figure is just one of those high numbers that misleads (Something Dell does to it's victims). I think you should also note that dragon order values have gone up, so while NPC's may not pay as well: other players might be paying better. Is anyone complaining about the NPC value of green TT mats?

The gold value HAD to change. It was either that or people start making money playing rather than working which would cut into PWI's profits. They even took steps to make sure that newcomers could gain still by implementing the weapon mold quests, and supply stashes.

On another note, the people that say when people hit 100 and complain they have nothing to do. -BS! Who's not going to do BH1 for the chance at 2m/50mirage or Mysterious Chips/ or 33 US? Who's not going to do BH2 for the 66 rep, the xp or the SP? Then there's Nirvana, FF, OHT gear quests, OHT dailies, all these new events, new ways to grind, the full range of FB's, rolling a new character to share uber gears with, etc. If anything there is MORE to do.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ugh , Airyll ... while I totally agree with you in pretty much everything you said I think you should try to sound a lil' bit less offensive :P

No harm intended but I'm sure no1 would want this thread closed for flaming b:shocked

And @ fuzzy.... there are barely a few newer players in ALL servers that know what grinding is b:surrender

But no1 can blame them for not doing so when they got better ways of lvling & making money .

Just my 2 cents .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    We have to be ignoring that those tokens are also almost required to get some of the mats for the weapon of the sages which also means they're coin sinks at the same time. We also have to be ignoring the rewards from the events. Just placing in the top 5 got me 12m coin for a little over a half an hours work. We also would have to ignore of the gambler's dilemnas. Gamblers never say how much they lost to get one little they gain. So while you complain about them getting 10m coin for opening a couple packs, you have to ignore how much they've lost and will lose opening other packs.

Weapon of the sages? You're kidding right? You say that like a significant number of those Besties were used to craft badges. Hardly anyone is Rank 6... a handful of venos actually use the Rank 6 weapon... I don't think Sins even use the Rank 6 weapon, and I don't know of any other classes that would benefit much from it, so that wouldn't really be an issue either.

Yes, Neinbeast was dishing out a fair share of coin as well. 40 people had the chance per event to get excitement or ecstasy cards, however most people didn't regularly make 12 mil per event. Far from it really. Excitement and Ecstasy cards were nice rewards but they weren't all that frequent. The frequency of the Neinbeast event though put enough into circulation, but you're fooling yourself if you believe they injected nearly as much as packs have in the same time span.

Gambler's delimina? You forget how many people also MAKE a ton of money opening packs, selling tokens and event items, buying more packs and repeating the process over and over.

And it doesn't matter how much someone spends on packs, that number is meaningless in this conversation. You could spend 100 million coin on packs... none of that coin disappears, but in opening those packs you might not get any high priced items, but you will surely get a few best lucks. In any event, coin isn't dissappearing from the economy, it's still being created in larger numbers than possibly every other source of coin creation combined.
    10m is not a lot. Toons over Lv.100 have the chance to get 2m coin a day just off of BH2. There are TT drops worth more. I've made more off of buying and selling a single item in less than a week. I've made it in one day of double drops. I could make it in 15 days of leveling a new characters to 30. I could make it in ~30 1/2 hour nirvana runs. I could make it in about 10 days of buying and selling. The complaints here are so similar to the complaints on the veno forums concerning the cost of Hercs.

Ok, baseless statement. You're talking about an individual's prosperity or lack of it again. That doesn't matter. Watch the red spam and count. Whether or not it is you opening ALL of them or none of them, that coin is still being poured into the economy.

If DQ prices going down made grinding not profitable, then why do I still make a profit off BH runs even after wine share costs and repairs? BH SoT can be done unwined in about 10m more than avg unwined. The problem is people are too lazy to do more work than they have to. It's quicker for a squad to take down a mob than it is to ninja, yet what do most peopled do? It took me a long time to convince people that fb59 did not take 4 hours unwined, it didn't even take an hour at 7x, and it didn't take me more than 13m to get to a single boss there. People create rumors to suit their selfishness and laziness. They want tabbers to pay an unreasonable amount of coin so they can save some work and actually lose potential profit.

That was then this is now. You bet an unwined FB59 used to take 2-2.5 hours.

Profit from BH? Well, apparently you're not a melee class. My cost for running a BH is a little more than the DQ and items I would get from running it.

Lazy? The time saved by wining could easily make you far more money than saving 35k per person to actually wine it. Sure you can sit back, relax and enjoy it, but you speak of this so called profit from running BH. It's a joke. In the time I would save wining a SOT I could do a 2-2 or 2-3 run and make far more than you could just picking up npc food.

It's the same thing in this thread. Some people want things cheaper than they're worth. I don't like this company any more than anyone else I assure you. I will not however sit by idly and watch people complain about ridiculous things when there are legitimate gripes.

I like the economy and I'm not a cash shopper. The packs are one of the few things PWI is doing right.

Sorry, I view my points as being valid and I see yours as being quite silly.

On another note, the people that say when people hit 100 and complain they have nothing to do. -BS! Who's not going to do BH1 for the chance at 2m/50mirage or Mysterious Chips/ or 33 US? Who's not going to do BH2 for the 66 rep, the xp or the SP? Then there's Nirvana, FF, OHT gear quests, OHT dailies, all these new events, new ways to grind, the full range of FB's, rolling a new character to share uber gears with, etc. If anything there is MORE to do.

Actually it's 8 subs. You're not likely to get 2 ecstasy cards, 50 mirages is rather worthless. 50 mysterious chips are even more worthless.

Do you actually even do any instances? You sound so excited about Nirvana or Frost... have you really been there? I mean, after 400+ runs of Nirvana, and at least that many runs of 3-3, quite frankly, I'm sick of seeing the inside of them. FF? Yeah I'm actually considering doing solo runs so I can hit 103 faster, fun or exciting? Not quite. OHT quests and dailies... yes, I guess you haven't done enough of those as well.

Wow, I wish I could just lose myself in-game as much as you seem to. Some people just can't get enough and do the same boring repetitive BS every day and love it. Either you don't play enough or you play too much I think. So much enthusiasm for the same old thing.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Weapon of the sages? You're kidding right? You say that like a significant number of those Besties were used to craft badges. Hardly anyone is Rank 6...

BS, it's quite common. I have Rank 6 and I don't have the weapon of the sages but I see many that do.
    Yes, Neinbeast was dishing out a fair share of coin as well. 40 people had the chance per event to get excitement or ecstasy cards, however most people didn't regularly make 12 mil per event. Far from it really.

Then why are people boo-hooing about packs and not the event? Don't you realize if the packs gave cash shoppers any real benefit that it would translate over into the event also? (the rich get richer). Some of the best equipped players I've met are non cash shoppers. Do you want PWI to make it so that even fails can keep up?
    Excitement and Ecstasy cards were nice rewards but they weren't all that frequent. The frequency of the Neinbeast event though put enough into circulation, but you're fooling yourself if you believe they injected nearly as much as packs have in the same time span.

~1/2 hours work for 12m and you're complaining about someone spending a huge fortune to open a ton of packs for the chance at getting 10m? C'mon!
    Gambler's delimina? You forget how many people also MAKE a ton of money opening packs, selling tokens and event items, buying more packs and repeating the process over and over.

Those tokens are no where near the cost of the packs. -Git real! If they were: I'd be stupid rich off them but I ignore them. Again, I'm not a cash shopper for other reasons.

Ok, baseless statement. You're talking about an individual's prosperity or lack of it again. That doesn't matter. Watch the red spam and count. Whether or not it is you opening ALL of them or none of them, that coin is still being poured into the economy.

yeah, gotta love loser fail builds that waste that much coin on the game. I mostly see it from someone who was an LA wizard -how screwed up is that?!! So what if this bonehead pay for me to play the game so he can make idiot choices and throw cash at it to make it work? Really, the good merchants are up there with the cash shoppers still. One keeps the game company going, the other is making profit off the over paying idiots. Who would you rather have? I'd rather have the ones putting cash in to make it easier for the rest of us but I also admire those who can flourish despite what the whiners say.
    That was then this is now. You bet an unwined FB59 used to take 2-2.5 hours.

Yeah, for lazy fails.
    Profit from BH? Well, apparently you're not a melee class. My cost for running a BH is a little more than the DQ and items I would get from running it.

Ok, idiot, ignore that several times already in this thread I've pointed out that other drops amount to significantly more than DQ items. I'm, really getting tired of addressing the same point over and over again. I also mentioned how I made ~1m in a few days playing a melee class from ground zero. If you're not spending the couple seconds extra to pick up the coin: it's your loss! I could go on to explain how I've gotten multiple -6% rings and other valuables as drops, but you go on qq'ing about an insignificant drop in DQ and insignificant cost of repairs. You fail at the game, quit blaming packs because many of us non cash shoppers are doing great!

Lazy? The time saved by wining could easily make you far more money than saving 35k per person to actually wine it.

How's that? You get a lot more drops and it takes about 10m more with a good squad? That's 210k per hour saved on wines alone (not including drops). If you're actually capable of making more than that, why are you also complaining about no profits?

Sure you can sit back, relax and enjoy it, but you speak of this so called profit from running BH. It's a joke. In the time I would save wining a SOT I could do a 2-2 or 2-3 run and make far more than you could just picking up npc food.

If that were true, wtf are you whining about?
    50 mirages is rather worthless. 50 mysterious chips are even more worthless.

You're just wasting my time probably trolling which is why I'm showing you little respect. Mirage's npc value is 10k ea, they sell fast at 11k ea. Even if you NPC them, that's 500k for 50 which is half of an ecstasy card or 1/4 of 2. You are a fail if you think 50 mirages are worthless. Even more if you can't figure out how to make coin or gears off chips. Keep pointing the finger though because those that do are just exposing themselves. I've said it before, quit blaming others for your failure. I admit to being bad at vending. Can you admit to being bad?
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    cut
    **** broseph, you just took retardation to a whole new level.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    **** broseph, you just took retardation to a whole new level.

+10000000000000

but you do have to admit its fun watching tweakz post this crapb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm a cash shopper, and I'm not unhappy with the game. I don't buy packs..

I feel like I'm repeating myself.

I sell gold though.

I don't wont them to make negative changes to the game :/.

No hyper removal, even though I don't use them anymore and as a veno(i quit psy), I grind traditionally. Hypers are there for other players. Lots of them like hypers, why take it away?

No removal or nerfs to BHs.

No nerfs :/

Stop asking for changes when you don't know how the devs will implement them.. I've seen some changes asked by players that devs in other games went through with and it only caused more problems and more player unhappiness.

It may sound unreasonable, but deal with what you have now, because to me it doesn't look so bad at all.

This is kind of depressing. Will I ever play a game where everyone else is happy with it like I am?
    Lonely man with a big heart.
    edited August 2010
    BS, it's quite common. I have Rank 6 and I don't have the weapon of the sages but I see many that do.

You're an idiot. You were talking about Perfect Tokens of Best Luck not being used to generate coin but to make Rank 6 weapons. Hint: Most of the people who have Rank 6 wepaons were buying Badges for cheap when nobody wanted them from Anivpacks, not buying them with best luck tokens.

~1/2 hours work for 12m and you're complaining about someone spending a huge fortune to open a ton of packs for the chance at getting 10m? C'mon!

Those tokens are no where near the cost of the packs. -Git real! If they were: I'd be stupid rich off them but I ignore them. Again, I'm not a cash shopper for other reasons.

So you made 12m for every Neinbeast? lmao. What a liar you are.

What does the cost of the pack even matter? loludumb

Ok, idiot, ignore that several times already in this thread I've pointed out that other drops amount to significantly more than DQ items. I'm, really getting tired of addressing the same point over and over again. I also mentioned how I made ~1m in a few days playing a melee class from ground zero. If you're not spending the couple seconds extra to pick up the coin: it's your loss! I could go on to explain how I've gotten multiple -6% rings and other valuables as drops, but you go on qq'ing about an insignificant drop in DQ and insignificant cost of repairs. You fail at the game, quit blaming packs because many of us non cash shoppers are doing great!

You're a nut job. You think you make 12m per Neinbeast event... I'm sure you always get big money books and molds every time you do a BH.

You act like you can count on that as steady profit. lol. OMG -6 chan rings drop all the time.

Who did you buy your account from and for how much?

stuff

Umm.. sorry for responding to you in the first place. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about, go off on strange wild tangents that have no bearing on the discussion and on top of that your logic is full of fallicies. You sir, are dense. Like rock. b:bye
  • anwynd
    edited August 2010
    there wouldnt be no down side to removing the 10m bank note it would actually help

GO MICHAEL

now where did i put my pop corn
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    there wouldnt be no down side to removing the 10m bank note it would actually help

I'm guessing the other side of the argument with the removal of the 10 mill bank note is that those tokens of best luck will devalue to like...2 mill.

Also, gives less motivation for buying packs and therefore, less zen being charged.

But yes, I agree with the removal of the 10 mill bank note.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • anwynd
    edited August 2010
    there is plenty of other **** tht the best luck token can be traded for i dont think they will lose tht much sales lol
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    You're an idiot.

What a liar you are.

loludumb

You're a nut job.

You eat **** and play with little boys in inappropriate ways. b:bye
  • anwynd
    edited August 2010
    dang now its just petty words was geting interesting tob:laugh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    10m is not a lot. Toons over Lv.100 have the chance to get 2m coin a day just off of BH2.
    Selling stuff to other players does not create coin. It simply moves it from one player's account to another's.
    There are TT drops worth more.
    Selling stuff to other players does not create coin. It simply moves it from one player's account to another's.
    I've made more off of buying and selling a single item in less than a week.
    I could make it in ~30 1/2 hour nirvana runs.
    I could make it in about 10 days of buying and selling.
    I think you should also note that dragon order values have gone up, so while NPC's may not pay as well: other players might be paying better.

Since the overall amount of coin owned across all players does not change, the price of gold does not change. Selling stuff to other players does not fundamentally alter the price of gold.
    Is anyone complaining about the NPC value of green TT mats?
    Selling stuff to NPCs does create coin. When coin is created, the overall amount of coin owned across all players increases, and the price of gold goes up (or more accurately, the value of coin goes down). So having the NPC value be ridiculously low compared how much you could get selling it to players is a good thing.
    edited August 2010
    You eat **** and play with little boys in inappropriate ways. b:bye

Lets pretend. We have a closed economy of two people.

One person has 100,000,000 coins and wants to buy packs. Another person has 100 packs for sale for 100,000,000 coins. The person opens all the packs and only gets tokens. The amount of coin between them stays at 100,000,000 coins.

If the first person buys 100 packs from the other, it doesn't matter how much he pays for them. If they are 10 coins each or 100000 coins each the total amount of coin owned by them stays at 100,000,000 coins. Even if he uses real money to buy gold to buy 100 packs instead of buying them from the other person the amount of coin between them stays the same at 100,000,000 coins. The price of the pack does not matter at all.

If two Perfect Tokens of Best Luck come from those packs, that item can be NPC'd and will generate 10,000,000 coins so the total amount of coin between the two people is now 110,000,000 coins. Whether or not the person who opened the packs lost value on the items he received or not, there is still more money between them.

Do you get it yet?

/facepalm
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lets pretend. We have a closed economy of two people.

One person has 100,000,000 coins and wants to buy packs. Another person has 100 packs for sale for 100,000,000 coins. The person opens all the packs and only gets tokens. The amount of coin between them stays at 100,000,000 coins.

If the first person buys 100 packs from the other, it doesn't matter how much he pays for them. If they are 10 coins each or 100000 coins each the total amount of coin owned by them stays at 100,000,000 coins. Even if he uses real money to buy gold to buy 100 packs instead of buying them from the other person the amount of coin between them stays the same at 100,000,000 coins. The price of the pack does not matter at all.

If two Perfect Tokens of Best Luck come from those packs, that item can be NPC'd and will generate 10,000,000 coins so the total amount of coin between the two people is now 110,000,000 coins. Whether or not the person who opened the packs lost value on the items he received or not, there is still more money between them them.

Do you get it yet?

/facepalm

I don't know how many times I posted variations to this example to illustrate the exact same point but every other page someone comes along who thinks when they spend coin to buy something from a cat shop, the coin dissipates like **** in an elevator.

I feel your pain.
  • anwynd
    edited August 2010
    the coin dissipates like **** in an elevator

tht totally wasnt meb:avoidb:sin
    edited August 2010
    I don't know how many times I posted variations to this example to illustrate the exact same point but every other page someone comes along who thinks when they spend coin to buy something from a cat shop, the coin dissipates like **** in an elevator.

I feel your pain.

The really sad thing is, he's going to read this and probably go off on some long winded tirade about something completely different and fail to realize I am only responding to a single sentence worth of failed logic in his entire post, let alone try to correct every single thing he just fails to comprehend.

b:sweat.
  • anwynd
    edited August 2010
    i agree with everything you have said by the way michael although half of it im kind of not smart enough to under standb:surrender
    edited August 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    i agree with everything you have said by the way michael although half of it im kind of not smart enough to under standb:surrender

Cheers! Just because you don't understand doesn't mean you're stupid. You realize and acknowledge that you don't understand which shows far greater intelligence than making up a cool story to rationalize an idealistic view not based on fact. There is great hope, you can still learn.

b:victory
  • NoImKrel - Heavens Tear
    NoImKrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I sometimes which though that a new company would take over Perfect World, and start fresh with all the new classes, a group of Devs and GM that actually cared about the people playing their game and giving us the chance to play the game like it was meant to be played.

No Hypers, No get rich quick cash shop items, just plain fun. People merchanting and people having competitive world chats, people grinding and actually having to work to get 89+.

People actually having time to enjoy the many aspects of the game instead of wizzing by them in a mass level rush and not only that meeting the people along the way.

People having stories about the oh so many squads they were in, and the steady economy of a well built server....

And most of all having the chance to see the look on the players face, the look of utter delight in a game played with others around the world, and the company that made it all possible.

Is that too much to ask for?

No that was like a year or so ago dude.."back in the day"...i loved those days.Now its just plain **** easy to lvl..so easy my alts rarely do quest just bhing(wich should give coins as well with the exp) and cs..hell i dotn even mess with wq(to boring..give some damn coin or something for our time besides exp on that ****)
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I sometimes which though that a new company would take over Perfect World, and start fresh with all the new classes, a group of Devs and GM that actually cared about the people playing their game and giving us the chance to play the game like it was meant to be played.

No Hypers, No get rich quick cash shop items, just plain fun. People merchanting and people having competitive world chats, people grinding and actually having to work to get 89+.

People actually having time to enjoy the many aspects of the game instead of wizzing by them in a mass level rush and not only that meeting the people along the way.

People having stories about the oh so many squads they were in, and the steady economy of a well built server....

And most of all having the chance to see the look on the players face, the look of utter delight in a game played with others around the world, and the company that made it all possible.

Is that too much to ask for?

this reminds me of the game when it started.
    the game i fell in love with.
    too bad, everything dies :(
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010

You may be great at math, and that's not difficult to be great at but you love to ignore factors. If I go and get a gold mat like Sorceress's Soul from TT: I'm producing or adding into the coin pool. If I sell it, the person that buys it instead of using Mysterious Chips (and myself) have just kept 5.5m coin from disappearing. If I NPC 2 Ecstasy Cards, that's 2m of coin into circulation. By your argument if I were to buy a mount and NPC it rather than sell to another player that I'd be adding coin into the economy and that's real bad math. You also fail in making any point when I'm simply showing that there's nothing wrong with the economy if someone like me who's admittedly bad at vending is doing fine. If someone like me can start a melee class and in a few days be 1m coin ahead without setting up a cat shop is doing fine. Also, look at what I'm mostly buying to sell: ammo. I suppose you'd rather people NPC it to "add" coin to the economy so archers can pay more for it.

Since the overall amount of coin owned across all players does not change, the price of gold does not change. Selling stuff to other players does not fundamentally alter the price of gold.

That's just ignorant. Less mounts for example in circulation drive up gold prices. Less DQ in circulation drives up DQ prices. If we NPC'd everything, the value of everything would be going up.

Pete and repeat were on a boat. One fell off, who was left? b:bye
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm not a cash shopper. There's absolutely no economy problem created by packs. Good merchants in most cases pwn heavy cash shoppers. When gold was 100k per I could have made a modest living just playing the game against the rules. The price of gold HAD to change. The events I can see a problem with. -The rich get richer. It's the same for vendors also but at least effort has to go up with it.

Wanna see why people complain? Look at the Veno forums where they whine about being treated as fails because they have no Herc. Well, what are they spending their coin on if you can make 1m just off one character in a few days time at the lowest levels? -That's with getting all the skills desired and no direct merching!

For the record, I suck at vending. I do a lot of grinding and made a lot off events. The point is you don't even have to be a great vendor, people just need to put in the effort, stop paying for XP, and stop pointing fingers because they fail.

How many people out of 100 happen to pick up coin drops? Have you ever put the effort in to see how much they're discarding? I found that I was making significantly more in coin than in DQ yet people whined about DQ prices as if it was the main income! -It was like 3rd on the list after a 300 mob tally. You don't even have to NPC coin to get coin from coin. People are just lazy, jealous, and whiney.

Charms are a luxury: not a necessity. Instead people use them to compensate for their fail builds and poor equips which leads to an endless loss of potential.

First off, what does it matter weather or not you are a cash shopper? That should have no merit on your debate whatsoever. We all play the game, telling them you cash shop isn't going to earn you special privledge. (aimed at OP)

Secondly I agree with this poster. Which is saying a lot cause tweakz and I never agree.
    edited August 2010
    You may be great at math, and that's not difficult to be great at but you love to ignore factors. If I go and get a gold mat like Sorceress's Soul from TT: I'm producing or adding into the coin pool. If I sell it, the person that buys it instead of using Mysterious Chips has just kept 5.5m coin from disappearing.

OMG you are freaking stupid.

If someone goes to the Mysterious Merchant and uses coin and chips to make a new mat, the coin and the chips disappear. It is a coin sink, making that coin unavailable to another person. That coin would be gone forever.

If you farm a gold mat and sell it to someone else, they are paying you with pre-existing currency. It did not come out of thin air, it was traded to you. Someone already owned that coin.

Apparently you're not great at math at all. Or logic. Or even common sense.

If I NPC 2 Ecstasy Cards, that's 2m of coin into circulation. By your argument if I were to buy a mount and NPC it rather than sell to another player that I'd be adding coin into the economy and that's real bad math.

If you NPC two ecstasy cards, you create 2,000,000 new coins into the economy. If you use that to buy a mount and then NPC the mount that 2,000,000 coins is still in circulation. It's not in your hands, but someone else has it. All that happens is that there is one less mount in the game. The amount of coins in your example has increased by 2,000,000 and nothing has decreased except for the availability of that particular mount, by one unit.

You also fail in making any point when I'm simply showing that there's nothing wrong with the economy if someone like me who's admittedly bad at vending is doing fine. If someone like me can start a melee class and in a few days be 1m coin ahead without setting up a cat shop is doing fine.

Grinding coin creates new coin that previously didn't exist. Using a catshop does not create new coins, it circulates existing coin.

Just because that coin is new to you does not make it new to the economy.

That's just ignorant. Less mounts for example in circulation drive up gold prices. Less DQ in circulation drives up DQ prices. If we NPC'd everything, the value of everything would be going up.

DQ is valued at a set price. It's listed on the item. A few are worth more to people who need them. If you NPC them, it creates new coin, if you sell them you are trading it for pre-existing coin that you did not create.

If you NPC everything, the amount of coin in circulation also rises unless the NPC value of the item is 0.

Take a basic economics class or something. Your logic is so horrible it's mindblowing.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yesterday the economy and prices of things pissed me off so much I logged off, played RS for like 2 hours and was happier playing there in 2 hours than I've been while playing here for the last month. Its a sad day when RS was even an OPTION while I'm playing pwi. Fix the game devsb:surrender
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.