Why do Pets lvl in Cube faster? How to do it right?

Amencat - Sanctuary
Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
Those Rumors, are they really true?

From killing regular mobs in your level or even higher level usually the pet never get more ten 15exp per kill, sometimes even less.

How to manage correctly to level fast the pet in the cube, which room (nr?) is needed? What to do to get there? And what to do there? How much exp does a Pet per kill gain?
Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
Post edited by Amencat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kieran - Dreamweaver
    Kieran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You use the mice bashing room (#4 in the cube guide) - the pet still gets 15exp per kill as ussual - the reason why it's fast to level pet there is that all mobs are 1-hit even with weak attacks and all are orange/ ? lvl so they work for any level ground pet.

As far as killing fast - I have bought 5 bows (they do break eventually and you don't want to go out once you're in otherwise you have to waste dice tickets all over again) + 10-20K arrows and kill mobs that way or just take your weapon off and cast spells at mobs. You can always send your pet at one mob while attacking next one your self to speed things up.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    wow lol the 5 bows is a nice Tipp XD!! ty b:chuckle
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The max exp per kill no matter the pet lvl is 15 exp. You will ALWAYS get 15 exp per kill if the mob is a ? one. As long as the mob is higher lvl then the pet you should get 15 exp per kill.

For air pets I'd suggest using a) the staunch worms (phy attack only) near Raging Tides b) the bats at Hidden Orchid (the marriage quest ones - on a day when MQ is not there) or C) the spiders north of nameless isle (the marriage quest ones - on a day when MQ is not there) - Spiders you can also do for land pet if you don't have the time/energy to want to attempt to get to room 4 of the cube

Granted depending on pet lvl they may take a bit more than the 1 hit KOs in cube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    (excuse the title - hopefully makes searching easier for others)

My personal opinion is that the cube is quicker WITHOUT using bow and arrows. I have just experimented with and without and I subsequently just NPC's my 4 bows and 15000arrows. The problem is the mobs might get one shot, but with bow you also miss a lot (either because you'd be using a low level bow with poor accuracy or the mobs have good evasion)

What happens is you shoot, tab, shoot, tab, shoot tab and you need you pet next to you on defence attack, to then kill all the mobs that come after you because you've missed them all. Or you then AOE them. It still goes fairly quick but I find the next method quicker.

The other way is just using ironwood. tab-pet attack, tab-ironwood, etc etc, with practise you get your pet quickly jumping from one mob to the next - you almost never have to heal it (i did with my level 2 varicose until it got up a couple levels) and you just keep running towards the next mob/s. To get a really fast rythmn you need to concentrate and be clicking on mobs in the right order around you.....

Also dont forget to take off every piece of equipment including weapon to prevent any repair cost. You can still one shot the mobs with ironwood.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Do you not mean venomous scarab. Ironwood uses chi. Bow and arrow works pretty well if you have a decent set of +accuracy rings. Or, you could just send pet to one while you venomous scarab another. Plus an occasional nox gas.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sorry yeah i meant venomous. i think they both level pretty quickly and for me no repair bills is a good thing. one thing not mentioned is using Alpha Male in there. I saw a veno with 20 mobs around him/her which they then aoe'd. someone suggested that it may have been achieved using alpha male which makes sense from the description. anyone know more about that skill......
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Alpha Male normally used by Barbs and BMs to attact the aggro of all nearby mobs within range. Usually you'll see this in Rebirth on the waves, or when a large number of mobs gets triggered in a BH or TT run. If people still did Zhenning parties I would not be surprised to see it used there as well.

While the mobs in cube room 4 are 1 hit KOs, if you do aggro enough of them and can't kill in one shot they will attack you. I've seen them attack before. As they are ? mobs I'd be a bit leary of doing this when a low lvl veno (depending on build) as I'm not sure what their attack hits for, although that would adjust with lvl as well. If my memory serves me they will range throw rocks or physical attack if next to you but must be aggro'd by the player first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cajabra
    cajabra Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I went to the cube for the first time yesterday and got my level 9 pet to level 40 in about and hour :) But, here's my question: I tried to go again today to level another of my pets and now I can't get room 4 :( How do you make sure you get room 4? I'm new to the whole cube of fate thing.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You can't make sure to reach room 4. It's all about luck. Sometimes you will get it with your first try other times you will get it with your 10th try.
    If it's not an emergency in leveling my pets I only try twice. If I don't get it in two tries then I try the next day.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Cajabra - Harshlands
    Cajabra - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ahh, ok, that's kinda a bummer :( I went to 4 rooms and no luck :( Guess I try again tomorrow.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Alpha Male normally used by Barbs and BMs to attact the aggro of all nearby mobs within range. Usually you'll see this in Rebirth on the waves, or when a large number of mobs gets triggered in a BH or TT run. If people still did Zhenning parties I would not be surprised to see it used there as well.
    Alpha male (20 m radius, centered on self) requires 120 energy so can't be used that often. The best spammable AOE skill I found when I checked earlier this year is Earthquake (30 energy, 10 m radius, centered on self). Tangling Mire could also work (30 energy, 15m radius, centered on target), but it doesn't do any damage so you have to cast an AOE spell to kill them.

Before they nerfed it, Blinding Sand used to be AOE and was the best skill in there (25 energy, 15 m radius, centered on target). It didn't do any damage, but could be used to bring a bunch of mobs together to you so you could AOE them.
    While the mobs in cube room 4 are 1 hit KOs, if you do aggro enough of them and can't kill in one shot they will attack you. I've seen them attack before. As they are ? mobs I'd be a bit leary of doing this when a low lvl veno (depending on build) as I'm not sure what their attack hits for, although that would adjust with lvl as well.
    They actually do a fair bit of damage, which is why I don't do what some people suggest and remove my armor to save on repair bills. I've actually had a group of 10-15 of them do enough damage through armor that I had to use a hp pot.

I also have the ignominy of owning probably the only herc to get killed in there. As soon as I got my herc, I fed it to 501 loyalty and went to room 4. I forgot the herc starts as a level 1 pet, and did my usual pattern of ordering the pet to kill stuff. The first mob killed my herc. When I revived it, it was below 500 loyalty, and I hadn't brought any extra food with me. So I had to leave room 4, almost left Cube before realizing I wouldn't be able to get back in that day if I did. Grabbed an alt, bought some meat off AH, dropped it in a corner of the first room of Cube, logged in with my veno, and picked up the meat. Then I had to pay a bunch more dice tickets so I could get back to room 4. Not my best day. b:surrender