Combo skill-archer

chiha
chiha Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Archer
Hello guys:

in the game, when i put R, skill window popped up, and then, I saw combo skills on the bottm. What should I do for the combo skill for the archer?
Please guide me patiently because I am new to the game.
Post edited by chiha on

Comments

• Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, it would help if we knew what your lvl was, so we knew what skills you had access to.

Other than that, I found I had a pattern of using this skill, then that, and so on, and that it worked pretty consistently. I put it in a macro, and there you are.

Many people suggest something like:
    Frost Arrow->Attack->Knockback->Attack

Personally, I found Take Aim to be a perfect opener, so I do:
    Take Aim->Attack->Knockback->Attack->Stunning Shot->Attack

You may also want another macro with your magic attacks, such as:
    Thunder Shock->Lightning Strike->Knockback->Attack->Lightning Strike->Stunning Shot->Attack

Really, though, I suggest experimenting for yourself and seeing what you like.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    personally i have two

Frost Arrow - Normal - Normal - Knockback - Normal - Normal - Normal - Thunder Shock

then i have

Lightning Strike - Winged Pledge - Wingspan - Normal - Lightning Strike
  • _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver
    _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well is use this one . Winged shell - Vicious Arrow - Attack - Attack - Attack - Knockback Arrow - Attack - the mob is dead † R.I.P † . I found very usefull to use vicious arrow lvl 1 since it does 75 - 90 damage overtime for 15 seconds wich is usefull for an archer . At lvl 34 i will replace it for serrated arrow .
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My last post went completely wrong (needed to over-write it) so here it goes again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Malkavian,

I wouldn't go for Vicious or Serrated arrow because they do steady, over-time damage. An archer is all about spike, fast damage. But you should try what it suits your play-style and make a choice only after trying some different strategies. After all, maybe your play-style proves my advice to be wrong !

Anyway, keep my recommendation in mind too !
    Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    Keroman - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    As Lunnark said, damage over time skills are near useless.. the only reason I use any of them is against bosses because the animations for them look pretty good.
    Anyway, my only combo was in use below level 70:
    Frost arrow -> normal -> normal -> knockback -> normal till dead
    At level 69, if/when you get the Wind & Clouds slingshot, you can just use frost arrow (level 10 preferably) as an opener and then normal till dead.
  • Comy - Lost City
    Comy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes Frost arrow normal normal normal knockback and then pnly normal till dead is the best

no much mana cost...i use this combo by low lvl and work awesomeb:victory
    They can run...but they cant hide!!!b:laugh
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    Cufaen - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My normal attack is Aim, Stun, Lightning, Knockback, Wing Shell then normal until melee range then Lightning or Wing Span. then wait for a cool down on Wing Shell and do it again on the next one.
    "Lead me, follow me but get out of my way!"
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    My normal attack is Aim, Stun, Lightning, Knockback, Wing Shell then normal until melee range then Lightning or Wing Span. then wait for a cool down on Wing Shell and do it again on the next one.

That's a ridiculous number of skills.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

Maybe he is going for a magic build of some sort... dunno for sure !!! Not my personal kind of archer build, but a possible one though. Either way... I think you can't grind with those skills as you will go out of MP pretty fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Maybe he is going for a magic build of some sort... dunno for sure !!! Not my personal kind of archer build, but a possible one though. Either way... I think you can't grind with those skills as you will go out of MP pretty fast.

Wasn't the original intent but it worked out rather nicely. As for grinding, with the regular use of Wing Shell and a little Focus Powder I can pretty much grind without any trouble until the Focus Powder runs out then I have to slow down a little. I usually pause between mob kills to allow for my Wing Shell to cool down and that gives an extra few seconds for the FP to work on my MP. Not everything has to be killed a quickly as possible. I've never bought the FP since I farm everything in sight. Also I have no problem picking up Mana potions as they drop though I rarely buy them.

Now hold on a sec thar partner. Don't cha think 'ridiculous' is a bit harsh? It works for me just fine, thank you. b:victory
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Not everything has to be killed a quickly as possible.

I think you may have just made several archers cry. This is the whole point of what we do.

Anyway, when you have to kill 3000 mobs to level, and are spending your whole time with exp scrolls, you'll change that attitude. The only two times I've worked out how many mobs I killed in an hour it came out as slightly over 213 each time... now I'm trying my hardest to beat this.
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I think you may have just made several archers cry. This is the whole point of what we do.

Anyway, when you have to kill 3000 mobs to level, and are spending your whole time with exp scrolls, you'll change that attitude. The only two times I've worked out how many mobs I killed in an hour it came out as slightly over 213 each time... now I'm trying my hardest to beat this.

I didn't mean how fast you kill singly. b:laugh And good luck on that 214 thing. I'll be rooting for ya.
  • Keroman - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I didn't mean how fast you kill singly. b:laugh And good luck on that 214 thing. I'll be rooting for ya.

Neither did I. When you've paid 50k for an hour of grinding, you don't want to be sitting around waiting for cooldowns.
  • Cufaen - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Neither did I. When you've paid 50k for an hour of grinding, you don't want to be sitting around waiting for cooldowns.

Haven't gotten to the point where I pay anything for grinding.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Anyway, when you have to kill 3000 mobs to level, and are spending your whole time with exp scrolls, you'll change that attitude.

b:sad

I will keep this in mind, when I reach this level! (When will I get there?)
  • torn18
    torn18 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Take Aim -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Knockback Arrow -> Frost arrow -> Quickshot -> Lightning Strike -> normal attack

b:victory
  • AznShinobi - Sanctuary
    AznShinobi - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    torn18 wrote: »
    Take Aim -> Frost Arrow -> Quickshot -> Knockback Arrow -> Frost arrow -> Quickshot -> Lightning Strike -> normal attack

b:victory

whats what i do except its shorter

Take Aim - Frost Arrow - Quickshot - Knockback Arror - Lightning Strike
    normal attack
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cool 1 year necro, bro.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Faceroll on keyboard usually kills ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    whats what i do except its shorter

Take Aim - Frost Arrow - Quickshot - Knockback Arror - Lightning Strike
    normal attack

You are such a noob, so failed, what a failed combo!!

FAIL FAIL FAIL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lol. Take note of the last post date before stupidly making a reply...

Looking at these chains made me lol tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    HOLY Necro Batman!
    But sitll.. really this is the only Macro you shall need:

Take aim- frost arrow -2 normal shots, knockback- dead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Take aim>Normal shots>Knockback>Normal until dead, or sometimes throw in a stunning

Thros on Winged shell every time I have full Chi. Pretty much nothing touches me and I need no MP pots because of Winged Shell's MP regen. Frost arrow is nice (might take a bit less damage) but the increased cost means more MP pots hence less profit grnding.
  • KAPPOW - Dreamweaver
    KAPPOW - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    WHY TAKE AIM???? SUCCH A BAD SKILL. If you ave chi use DS to start then FA normal nnormal knockback normal normal dead easy.
    Or Skill Spammer you can do Frost Arrow (SPAM SKILLS LIKE NOOB) Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide
    BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    WHY TAKE AIM???? SUCCH A BAD SKILL. If you ave chi use DS to start then FA normal nnormal knockback normal normal dead easy.
    Or Skill Spammer you can do Frost Arrow (SPAM SKILLS LIKE NOOB) Win

Why would you need FA and Knockback Arrow after you use Double Spark? oO

I pretty much kill everything around my level (even +1-2 level) with Quickshot->attack->dead.
    But you can't hit all the time, when I miss I just chain a Kockback Arrow in my combo and the job is done. I've never used any of my metal skills or any of my physical close combat skills oO.

I never get hit by anything ---> need no pots. Furthermore my macro doesn't need any chi, so I spam Winged Shell as soon as the cooldown is ready ---> no mana pots (always full mana)

To be honest I don't know why some archers have problems with pots (mostly mana oO).
  • CZ_ViToUs_CZ - Lost City
    CZ_ViToUs_CZ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol with your combo
    try: 1, normal - normal - normal - stunning arrow - knowback - normal - normal....death (mob with mag attack)
    2, normal - normal - normal - normal - normal.....when mob is close wingspam- stunning arrow - knowback - normal....death (mob with only phys attack)
    3, stunning arrow - normal -normal- normal - normal.....death (for all mobs but when he is phys try wingspam when he is close)

all are for my build.....PURE DEX FTW b:victory

sry for my english b:surrender
  • Aresthanatos - Raging Tide
    Aresthanatos - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well what normally works for me (thus far)
    Take aim<Attack< knockback<attack<TS<LS
  • BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide
    BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well what normally works for me (thus far)
    Take aim<Attack< knockback<attack<TS<LS

If you use Knockback Arrow after Take Aim + ONE attack you always have to run after the mob, because you shoot it out of your range.
  • Demolij - Heavens Tear
    Demolij - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i only use one combo, and that is (knockback - frost - normal) and only that one cuz you sometimes need to use those other skills in different orders.
    the problem with combos though is that they almost never work. i use macros 1 and i use frost and then sit there waiting to die.b:angry what?