edited August 2010 in General Discussion
... just anonymous
Post edited by Aubree - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shhhh. Quiet. Bidding on-going. Beware the ban-hammer from the "hammer"sters.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh so richer people can be asses and place higher bids on a land just so the smaller factions won't get a war and won't get a refund?

Oh, just brilliant.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh so richer people can be asses and place higher bids on a land just so the smaller factions won't get a war and won't get a refund?

Oh, just brilliant.

yeah i like this!! /sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ... just anonymous

Can you please post screen shots?
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Oh, just brilliant.

Theres not fun in that at all.

And yeah...* a faction has bid on blah blah land* either it gets more exciting to see your challange, either it screwes it just like the above post says.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can you please post screen shots?

of wut? everyone knows people are going to bid, just aren't sure who
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • iamcleric
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ey, post some screenshots!

don't make it anymore difficult to GMs. Help them out. I would if i could.

Do it or else face the ban-hammer from the "hammer"sters :)

jk :)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

What I mean is, from your post it sounds like the system is announcing bids, just not saying who is making them. Is this the case? Can you please post screen shots of these announcements?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Would you not be able to start up your test server, put on TW bidding mode and test it that way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamcleric
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What I mean is, from your post it sounds like the system is announcing bids, just not saying who is making them. Is this the case? Can you please post screen shots of these announcements?

why dont you just stay in-game and observe? don't you do that after every implementation of new features in every patch? XD
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Would you not be able to start up your test server, put on TW bidding mode and test it that way?

that reguires effort meeeh!! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    K lol, gimme a sec I'll post one.

I dunno if it's just the faction that owns it or not.

Edit: there ya go:

bidding.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    K lol, gimme a sec I'll post one.

I dunno if it's just the faction that owns it or not.

Edit: there ya go:

bidding.png

It seems that system message is sent to your faction members only? On Ht ... I don't see anything like that. But I'm not in a TW faction either.

Maybe its just to let you know that you are being attacked, wierd tho it doesn't say which territory
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It seems that system message is sent to your faction members only? On Ht ... I don't see anything like that. But I'm not in a TW faction either.

Maybe its just to let you know that you are being attacked, wierd tho it doesn't say which territory

TW bidding hasnt started for west coast servers though. b:surrender
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

What does it matter? Maybe thats how they meant to make it, not like you know any devs you can talk to or know to patch it..... RIGHT??

So why are you asking?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithkiller69
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What does it matter? Maybe thats how they meant to make it, not like you know any devs you can talk to or know to patch it..... RIGHT??

So why are you asking?

Pretty much this......b:bye

If you dont know this doesnt that prove you dont test your patches at all xD
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pretty much this......b:bye

If you dont know this doesnt that prove you dont test your patches at all xD

You're right Frankie doesn't test the patches. Because its not his job to do so. You can blame me, I gave him outdated information.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    You're right Frankie doesn't test the patches. Because its not his job to do so. You can blame me, I gave him outdated information.

We are past the blame game, at this point it's "Guilty by association". Everyone is fair game.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riannie - Raging Tide
    Riannie - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I've seen it too even though i wasn't in their faction.
  • wraithkiller69
    edited August 2010
    Options

When I said you dont test your patches wasnt talking to Frankie, talking to GM overall. and that bolded part proves it b:surrender

Need a tester I would work for free b:bye
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When I said you dont test your patches wasnt talking to Frankie, talking to GM overall. and that bolded part proves it b:surrender

Need a tester I would work for free b:bye

Correct again. Gm's don't test the patches, so please be kind to them.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • wraithkiller69
    edited August 2010
    Options

BUT kanto didnt u say that was why u delayed he tideborn patch? You had to if I remember correctly "test it out more"b:shutup
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Note to self? test it next time? :P
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

We wouldn't be so mad if you guys listened to our opinions every now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

D:
    Kantorek planned this all out. T.T'
    iamcleric wrote: »
    Shhhh. Quiet. Bidding on-going. Beware the ban-hammer from the "hammer"sters.

O.o'
    Oh noes me has been spotted~
    b:avoid
    We are past the blame game, at this point it's "Guilty by association". Everyone is fair game.

Even me?
    *puts away hammer.*
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Another example from my alt which is L1, not in any faction and is on the Dreamweaver server:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/the_chillum/twbid.png

Would have IMGed it but.... well....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They've officially made fake bidding 10x easier if the guilds are willing to spend the cash. Not trying to blame the GMs, but this is just one more thing to show that the "Official Responses" to our issues were . . . questionable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Another example from my alt which is L1, not in any faction and is on the Dreamweaver server:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/the_chillum/twbid.png

Would have IMGed it but.... well....
    wow thats totally not silent bid lol..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    soo, GMs dont test patches, are obviously not logged into the game and are given outdated information. so what does PWI employ them for? to throw gas on the fire of outraged players by saying ridiculous **** like "hey at least you guys have +30 attack level blessings, the chinese dont get them" (because facebook is blocked in china) or gambling packs (which the chinese government has outlawed because it encourages children to gamble)

sounds like a crappy job to me.

maybe someone should log into the game and see how little gold there is in the auction house, probably a symptom of the new fixed economy.

PWRD lost 2.42% of their stock value today. wake up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They've officially made fake bidding 10x easier if the guilds are willing to spend the cash. Not trying to blame the GMs, but this is just one more thing to show that the "Official Responses" to our issues were . . . questionable.

Not only easier but also more significant. As someone (Michael_dark?) pointed out earlier in the thread, it's now very easy for a rich faction to completely **** a poorer one by outbidding them. Before it just meant that the poor guy missed out on TW for a week. Now it means he loses his shirt.