Archer ideas... and stuff

2»

Comments

• WingedArashi - Heavens Tear
    WingedArashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wall-O-Text thread. Didn't even read it. Seems to be to be full of QQ about how bad Archers suck. Get used to it.

I mean no offence but this thread is not a QQ, as you put it, about how we suck, we do not but we can have or think about improvements to the game not only for archers but also for everyone, I've made suggestions to help the game run smoother as well as making a few comments on how we look (the effeminate lightning strike etc.) and how we could benefit from a HP boosting skill of some kind.
  • Drippydrop - Harshlands
    Drippydrop - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think we need a skill that gives more evasion and accuracy cause right now it sucks even for a pure archer. I thought archers were suppose to almost never miss.

I really think they didn't spend as much time on EA as the other classes.
  • WingedArashi - Heavens Tear
    WingedArashi - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well thread seems dead again, thought of a new idea, some sort of alarm system to alert you to certain things said in World Chat and local area, so you more easily find things you want, for example if you need a bh69 or tt3-1 but your whispering to friends or faction chat, if these terms come up you are alerted to them, or items your wanna buy.

Still can't think of a way to balance archer class with other classes, Blood Vow is a pretty slick skill at end game but we need one or two more, maybe introduce class specific things as with tideborn and their stealth and soulforce usage, we should have Instinct or something that reduces damage (magic or physical) according to evasion.

Actually that gives me idea, since I said I wanna keep game balanced each class should have further specifics, since at the moment we are individualised only by looks and skills, so for example:

-Blademaster; Heroism- Weapon damage increases according to combined Mastery levels
    -Wizard; Intelligence- Haven't thought in depth, maybe some kind of Physical Defense boost
    -Cleric; Innocence- Protected from Movement debuffs and damage reduced whilst healing by 50%
    -Archers; as above
    -Barbarian; Endurance- again dunno what a Barbarian would need, magical Defence boost
    -Venomancer; Control- Pet damage increased according to something
    -Tideborn; already have yours
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    AOE Stormrage would be lulzy

Make it like Will of the Phoenix and just have it hit everyone in an AOE with a DoT + Slow...lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think we need a skill that gives more evasion and accuracy cause right now it sucks even for a pure archer. I thought archers were suppose to almost never miss.

I really think they didn't spend as much time on EA as the other classes.

Archers do not miss often (especially pure build archers), but archers shoot fairly frequently so that balances out...

And, I do not know about you, but my archer does reasonably well (except when I am ganked or when I make mistakes -- like when I am trying something new). I do not have the best equipment, but I hold my own in PK and I do reasonably well in PvE...