TW changes - How will it affect DW server?

Options

Comments

• auka1
    auka1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1. You may not have specifically said it was cuz of TW pay on your link, but you sure was QQing about something. It's easy to assume that it was the pay because that is the major complaint I'm hearing.

2. No, she didn't go to every Nien beast with me. There were times I even asked her to come, get your facts straight. She's my in-game wife and friend, so of course we're going to do events together. It has nothing to do with leeching? Are you telling me two people can't do events together because they enjoy being with each other?

3. She farmed a lot of her gears with Ajay. The gears with my name on it I gave it as a gift. There's nothing wrong with what I choose to do with or who I give gifts to. I gave many gifts to many other people in the past too. Again, get your facts straight before making more accusations.

LOL goonz. My bad. Thanks for clarifying everything! So you brought her to nein beast over and over again because you guys are such good friends! And she also gladly took the many gifts that you gave her because you guys are such good friends! I see that in your eyes that she isn't a big leecher and I'm VERY glad that you didn't feel like you were being used.

So to clarify, she farmed some of her gears, but got the majority of the expensive-stuff from you, and that doesn't make her a leecher. Right.

And by the way, welcome back. I thought you quitted after PWI screwed you over with your warsoul. I'm also very glad that you're defending your in-game wife even though she told you that she didn't want anything more than just-a-friend-relationship. Loser.

I promise you that I will get my facts straight next time. If I post again. ;)
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Serious business going on here. Anyways... Hey Dragoons how much did you pay for your warsoul? I'm just curious. ^_^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol wow Auka rage!! that is indeed something very uncommon b:shocked gotta teach me that Aubree

Anywaaaaay before this turns into a cash shop vs non cash shop, theory vs fact and farm vs given away argument again, can we just get back to the original topic?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9520152&postcount=289

This were my thoughts on what should be "fixed" from the TW payout. I think it would be far more beneficial to get this kind of system than mirages or coin. Cause let's face it, even when we were handed fat checks in Calamity, they hardly ever were dedicated to TW preparation, most likely they ended up becoming fashion or telecoustics or both b:chuckle

This would achieve both not giving an excessive amount of coin to the dominating faction every weekend and not **** TW factions by making them loose their edge on TW costs.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/20453

Warsoul tags can also make Warsoul helms and a cute belt through Lights of Warsoul. Which you don't need rank 8 to use so it can be attained by any factionmate instead of just a few cash shoppers b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I kind of like that idea Andres, but how would they distribute non-tradable items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    auka1 wrote: »
    loser.

oh snap!! b:shocked
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver
    DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    auka1 wrote: »
    LOL goonz. My bad. Thanks for clarifying everything! So you brought her to nein beast over and over again because you guys are such good friends! And she also gladly took the many gifts that you gave her because you guys are such good friends! I see that in your eyes that she isn't a big leecher and I'm VERY glad that you didn't feel like you were being used.

So to clarify, she farmed some of her gears, but got the majority of the expensive-stuff from you, and that doesn't make her a leecher. Right.

And by the way, welcome back. I thought you quitted after PWI screwed you over with your warsoul. I'm also very glad that you're defending your in-game wife even though she told you that she didn't want anything more than just-a-friend-relationship. Loser.

I promise you that I will get my facts straight next time. If I post again. ;)

Maybe I should of been more clear so your feeble mind can comprehend. Part of what keeps me playing is to do things together with people I enjoy playing with. Yes, she's a good friend. If the role was reversed, I'd still do the same thing. And I guess I left this out, but she did not accept my gifts at first. In fact, she didn't want to accept it. I even had to sell her some items for a very cheap price. It's funny how you used to PM me asking for free items... Atleast she doesn't ask for free items, she never had. I would say you're the leecher, can you be more jealous?

I have no regret with my warsoul. Everyone has their own feelings about it and that's fine. And Yea, you should get your fact straight first even with this last post. If the truth could be told, I think you'll be the loser. b:victory
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I kind of like that idea Andres, but how would they distribute non-tradable items?

That would be up to every faction Matt, say for example. We could use the same system we have been using with our TT runs. As in who needs what kind of thing. Where Auka would get the short end of the stick since he's already a mini world boss. And the ones without the gear, shards or lvl 11 skills would be given a preferential treatment for TW pay. Saving of course, certain items or tags for exchange and funding of TW expenses: towers, bid, barbs, apoth, etc.

Other factions have other very interesting point system, which grades players for participating in events and giving items for a faction. For example I remember talking to a faction leader in LC where say, of 100 people going nirvana, some donated cannies, for every donation they were granted the same amount of points so you could either give your drop to bank and get points, or keep it for yourself and get no points. When the bank reached that goal, the one that had the most points, got the point count reset and a second recast gear piece. next time 250 crystals were obtained, they'd do that again, and again. Which means eventually, the ones that helped and donated the most would get the most points and most of their gear. On average, it took 100 crystal donations to get your second recast. Of course, this system only works if the person that got his/her item, continues to help after. Just like our pay forward system
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ahh, so BB would hold the tags and make the items to distribute, ok - that's what I wasn't clear on. Yes, Miz was explaining that Nirvana system to some of in vent the other night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow aubree u hax!!! i never saw aukie positing in forums let alone getting angry on it :O teach me how!!!!!!!!
    lol wow Auka rage!! that is indeed something very uncommon b:shocked gotta teach me that Aubree

No credit really deserved here. As you can see by my first post, it was the changes PWI made and not me that was the main cause of the forum posting and rage b:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ahh, so BB would hold the tags and make the items to distribute, ok - that's what I wasn't clear on. Yes, Miz was explaining that Nirvana system to some of in vent the other night.

b:cuteyesh, yesh i was :3
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:cuteyesh, yesh i was :3

Ya Miz has the point system pretty much figured out, I hope we can put it to use in Cala soon, sounds like a good way to help people progress :D
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    xD back to the original question *pokes aukie in the eye go back to +12ing ur fists* calamity is a family faction its not about to break cause we lost a couple of fights like some other big guilds or casue we dont have a pay check last week we had 130~ person attendance even with no tw pay while eq got 70~ calamity is a family faction first soooooo

about other factions idk about eq but just saying from last week's wars they were the ones most affected from the patch smaller factions i bet they will lose more interest in TW since there is no refund and they can be outbidded without them knowing

still i hate that patch first they remove tw pay then they make nirvana harder how on earth am i supposed to get money its like pwi wanna make every non cash shopper quite either return tw pay or old nirvana system or make bosses drop double ammount of chests >.< or i am gonna beg for money near banker xD

CALAMITY b:dirty b:victory b:victory
    No credit really deserved here. As you can see by my first post, it was the changes PWI made and not me that was the main cause of the forum posting and rage b:bye

QQ so i should ask devs instead ? oh well it would be no use they never change anything or fix anything just keep messing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How much did dragoonz spend on his warsoul? I just want to know :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bah i need to stay out of Politics talk on forums its not my strong suit, As for the TW changes How does it affect DW? Denial> QQ>Trolling>Ragequitb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Trolling

You're doing it right.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bah i need to stay out of Politics talk on forums its not my strong suit, As for the TW changes How does it affect DW? Denial> QQ>Trolling>Ragequitb:laugh

Yep denial. Everyone that still tws charmed just uses mind tricks on the other people to appear charmed. Damn i said too much now D:
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    EQ was actually affected by the patch? Maybe Cala now FINALLY has the definitive edge to wipe out EQ, so we can just get done with this bicoloured map...

I know it's not gonna reset, but I'm hoping Cala will disband, or at least steps out of TW after achieving the whole map, so someone else can get a crack at it. One can dream anyway, right?
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know it's not gonna reset, but I'm hoping Cala will disband, or at least steps out of TW after achieving the whole map, so someone else can get a crack at it. One can dream anyway, right?

i dream that too!!!!!!!

but not disbanding, be good to give up the map lol

maaybe one day, one day
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hey aukie give a kiss to sympie for me ploxb:kiss

and dragoonz go ruin other games with all your money hope u enjoying having no fun in a game that u gota give item for some smiles :P just joking lol
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Even if EQ weakens, we still have 9 weeks assuming we win it all. And mind you, a lot of Equinox people is afk enjoying the last of the school break before going back to college/highschool. in less than 3 weeks. On the other side, Calamity has had in the past a slump on activity when college season began (September and December were crucial months for Calamity TW history last year) We lost good people in September last year. You could blame anniversary packs on that too, speaking of, PWI second anniversary will soon come so hold onto your seats to see what new pack they come up with to make half of the server ragequit again.

Most of the people in Calamity, myself included, agrees that after a full red map, land should be given up for the server for the sake of TW for fun, but the question would be, how many and how often? Assuming we do wipe Equinox off in the next 8 weeks, which I highly doubt so as Equinox's members spirits is as strong as our own members, we would also assume that every land that small factions take from us will be reclaimed by Equinox just like they did with Dynasty. We have seen it before when we respected Bushido and Dynasty TWs on TB lands and kept on pushing Equinox on the north. We got to a point where Equinox decided (very smartly if I may add) to relocate in Tideborn lands behind a wall of Dynasty and Bushido from which they rebuilt and got strong enough, to keep us from taking land from then for 13 straight weeks. Technically, Equinox still owes us 4 more lands so we can be "even" for the past 3 months b:cry Before we can talk about an "even" distributed map, we'd have to talk about "even" powered factions and that doesn't entirely depends to Calamity. Else, we would just get Lost City all over again, and an orange map instead of a red one. b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    actually andres.... I'm typing this at school. lol

qq summer school.

anyways, as we've seen, charms arent that much of a problem due to stockpiles and this tiger event giving 80 ppl a week free charms. at least 7 charms each if not more.
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Before we can talk about an "even" distributed map, we'd have to talk about "even" powered factions and that doesn't entirely depends to Calamity. Else, we would just get Lost City all over again, and an orange map instead of a red one. b:shocked
    Well as more and more people reach Endgame more and more factions will have more power rise to fight on the TW Field,If and when quite a feww factions have the power to fight Calamity single handly and come out ontop, i believe you guys at Calamity will be missing alot off your charms.b:chuckle. And yuck no orange map plz. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Most of the people in Calamity, myself included, agrees that after a full red map, land should be given up for the server for the sake of TW for fun

I still think there should be some silver/golden/platinum prize chalice that would have all of the factions (As an interactive image where you could click a factions name and it'd list all the players in the faction AT THAT POINT OF TIME including lvl and class) that have taken the whole map in their server and have it decorate the PWI main page, or something...

Well... there's a suggestion for Cala if they succeed in it, make one at your page. :p

Don't get me wrong. Territory is meant to be taken and war is meant to be controlled by one side in the end. Combine these and you end up with one side taking all land. The problem people have is this power struggle with Cala & EQ THAT NEVER SEEMS TO END.

Well... I know the map is quite huge and it takes long time to take it all, even if you do win all from day 1. I know that's bit contradictory, but... those are my emotions and I'm a human. My emotions are allowed to contradict my logic.

Now do as I want Cala and go 1 hit EQ off the map. :3
  • Iron_Chef_Jr - Dreamweaver
    Iron_Chef_Jr - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dont think Cala well ever give up anything. Equinox wants a multi-coloered map and yet Cala wants to own everything as they almost do. And if what you say is true that cala wants to give up land why not do it now instead when you own the map? wtf is the diffence i am perfectly ok with never gaining another land as long as other faction get the chance to own some. So to the cala leaders i say if really want a multi-colored map start giving some of you northern lands away and stop trying to wipe us, we will never go away as long as cala wants it all.
  • flooow
    flooow Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ive never seen auka angry before b:shocked

btw Hi Loar b:byeb:laugh
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    omg this post hax first u get aukie to post in it then u get flowy to post in it HAXXXXXXX

oh and hai flow b:dirty y didnt u call me yesterday? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Equinox wants a multi-coloered map and yet Cala wants to own everything as they almost do.

Personal goals. Why do you think someone spends over 15 grand on a bow, when you can get a better one in 2 months for half the price? You do the full track, and then you can settle with what you really want. So let's run through those goals:

Equinox wants to achieve a multicolored map or so they say, Calamity wants to achieve a full red map, at least for 1 week, not because of the coin income, cause its nothing now that mirages are being handed for TW pay. It's been our goal since ever. If you ask me my personal view, non official, as a member of Calamity:

Do we want a full red map? Yes
    Do we intend to keep it? I hope not
    Will you leave Calamity after achieving it if they decide to keep it? No. many of us just won't focus on other TWs that are not TW versus Equinox.
    So why don't you do that now and stop bullying small factions in TW? We have a strong anti-bullying policy in TW, stop BoA on spawns and the use of excessive force to a friendly faction that looks to TW for fun, we've even been to TWs without JJ blessing or using lesser weapons. Unless they clearly try to serve Equinox purposes, then you're gonna get rolled and if possible, vanquished of the map.
    Will we share the map after? Yes, as long as Equinox can't take part of the share we will.

But Equinox wants to share the map now. Yes, Equinox says that. They say that they want a multicolored map, they have 7 lands that are worth nothing but mirages, 3 of them share borders with Calamity. What stops them from "sharing" those lands right now, and get the server support to attack Calamity 2 weeks from now? Give up Swam of the Wraiths and Dreaming Cloud while you go for anything that surrounds Kings Feast. So that next week you have HDT, Vanquish, Dynasty, Inversion and Tempest knocking our doors with you. It's funny that Equinox started talking about "A multi-colored map" right after learning that they couldn't beat Calamity. Because before that, their philosophy was "More pink, more fun". That sounds pretty one colored to me.

History proves otherwise, Equinox can say everything they want about a multicolored map. But it was them who took out TheTitans, Immortal, Dynasty of the top left of the map first, it was you who took your own baby faction of the map, and when Calamity left you out of options to the north, it was you who took out Bushido and Immortal to the south. So please, at least try being honest to the rest of the server. If Calamity is guilty of anything, would be of attacking Equinox and showing no quarter to them, while they were still struggling to take land from all those factions from week 12 until today.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dont think Cala well ever give up anything. Equinox wants a multi-coloered map and yet Cala wants to own everything as they almost do. And if what you say is true that cala wants to give up land why not do it now instead when you own the map? wtf is the diffence i am perfectly ok with never gaining another land as long as other faction get the chance to own some. So to the cala leaders i say if really want a multi-colored map start giving some of you northern lands away and stop trying to wipe us, we will never go away as long as cala wants it all.

um well, whats the point of working for months to try to get the whole map and just give it up now? We want to conquer the map, that's our goal. Giving up lands now means we haven't completed our goal. You might not notice the difference between giving up lands now and giving up lands after conquering the map, but we do. Can't just give up lands right now, all of our work would be for nothing then.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • goldbear
    goldbear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ive posted this in 3 places,:::

OK Guys, I have read quite a few comments about TW changes, first off, DO THE MATHS
    Not only does this give the TW land owners more income, you say, mirages, what am I doing with those,
    Current (or previous) earnings Tier 3 10 million Teir 2 20 and Teir 1 30 mill
    Now add it up at 12k per mirage when the faction owners sell them.
    150 x 15k = 2,2500,000 * mirages are sold
    Plus one in 40 territories get an epic armor worth how much?????? 200-500 Million idk, gotta be warsoul equivilant
    C'Mon, you have to be totally joking, this is just making the land owners RICHER not poorer and just gives them more of an advantage.
    Say mirages hit 20k then this just makes it worse.

About the bidding, WTH is going on here, no refund for those ppl who do not win, Most of us HONEST faction owners who work really hard to come up with the coin to go to TW week after week, this is not fair on us honest ppl and ppl who want to go to TW for the Enjoyment of the Game. And who do you really think puts the fake bids there so the land owners factions dont have to fight "Real" opponents so they can keep their land and not have their forces split.

Whiptress
    LvL 9x HA Veno
    Leader Renegades

and ps, yes i am back, and Renegades still top of members on DW!
    So, with the recent changes to the TW (announcement here at the bottom: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=97191), how will this affect our server?

Will Calamity and EQ stop their agressive TW pushes, seeing as there is basically no rewards (save for the few Rank 8 people) involved?

Will it stay the same, as both guilds players are doing TW for the challenge, fun and lojalty, and not for the money?

Will those people that is in it for the money leave Cala and EQ to pursue their luck in other aspects of pwi, or leave PWI altogether?

Will the changes affect smaller guilds like Dynasty, HDT, Inversion etc..? Will they try to do more TW, in hopes that Cala and EQ wont be as likely to defend as before, or will they stop TWing altogether as it will mostly be a major coinsink even if they get to own a few lands?

Please discuss, I'm anxious to hear what the fellow players on DW thinks about these changes b:thanks

Oh, and +12 orb and G11 gem pack, funny ol' virtual world we live in b:laugh
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    goldbear wrote: »
    Whiptress
    LvL 9x HA Veno
    Leader Renegades

and ps, yes i am back, and Renegades still top of members on DW!

Pro math skills are pro.

300 mirages at merchant price = 300 times 10.000 = 3 and 6 zeros = 3'000.000
    That's 3 million for a lvl 1 land. 3.6m if you have the patience to sell at 12k each. 2.4m for a level 2 land and 1.8m for a level 3 territory.

If it was 3.000 mirages for a level 3 or 120k per mirage, you'd be right b:laugh

Oh and it's 47 lands now, since tideborn patch.

And rank 9 armor costs 3 medals per piece and 300k fame in previous PWI versions, so like 18 medals for each character to attain the whole set, which comes with set blessings like TT99 or nirvana. So... 3 sets a year for your whole faction if you control the whole map or 18 weapons assuming you can get 18 players with over 300k rep in 1 faction (think EQ has 4 rank 8 200k rep: illy, goonz, fiz, cheze, 2 are retired players, cala has 3)

And mirages will never hit 20k again, or tokens, with so many pack sales on tokens and BH1 rewards, TW rewards, etc giving you a crapload of mirages and tokens, you'd be lucky to get 10k for any of those, well at least with mirages the merchant always pay 10k.

I do agree on eliminating refund as a "counter-fake bid tactic" as a blow for the small factions that TW. I'm glad someone else noticed, small factions paid a lot of coin before for a TW, and they always covered their expenses themselves, the ones that cared to TW at least.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity