volst Posts: 180
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Probably pointless...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is probably as close as you will get: http://janelh.wikidot.com/jungle-ruins

It has a video showing the race for an older version of PW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChKupTeiKfA&feature=player_embedded

Who knows how much they changed it though. It seems to be an event for demon venos... lets hope the mobs are [?] so sins cant just stealth the whole way.

*goes and makes some charger orbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so it looks like clerics and people without apoth/genies with speed increase fail? what a nice instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This is probably as close as you will get: http://janelh.wikidot.com/jungle-ruins

It has a video showing the race for an older version of PW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChKupTeiKfA&feature=player_embedded

Who knows how much they changed it though. It seems to be an event for demon venos... [?] so sins cant just stealth the whole way.

What fun would this event be if We Couldnt Stealth through it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What fun would this event be if We Couldnt Stealth through it.

Because it would ruin the event for everyone who isn't an assassin. I'm pretty sure demon venos can't outrun all the mobs inside either.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because it would ruin the event for everyone who isn't an assassin. I'm pretty sure demon venos can't outrun all the mobs inside either.

No, but demon venos can outrun pretty much everyone. I can almost keep up to my wifey if I spam both my speed buffs and my dual holy path genie. She's got both demon fox and summer sprit and the 95 molder boots... she runs almost 11m/s. b:surrender
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    so it looks like clerics and people without apoth/genies with speed increase fail? what a nice instance.

I agree with you, since clerics, psychics and wizzies will have a HUGE disadvantage since they don't have any self speed buff skills. =\

Other than that it looks like a nice event I cant wait to test it out. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No, but demon venos can outrun pretty much everyone. I can almost keep up to my wifey if I spam both my speed buffs and my dual holy path genie. She's got both demon fox and summer sprit and the 95 molder boots... she runs almost 11m/s. b:surrender

Demon fox form ftw :D

Jungle ruins does seem interesting and I would love to give it a shot. Although, I would like to run it with more experienced players so I can learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010

ftw?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b8ecbd3f9c80c2dc
    edited August 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    auto win much?

Meh, I felt like going all out on shards refines and **** seeing as almost everyone does now adays...
    edited August 2010

does anyone know what the devil's cape looks like? I'm thinking about getting it :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    does anyone know what the devil's cape looks like? I'm thinking about getting it :O

Its shiny, I can find you a screenie from someone in game...

EDIT: Here you go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1178264/2010-08-10%2016-14-32.png
    edited August 2010
    Meh, I felt like going all out on shards refines and **** seeing as almost everyone does now adays...

Lol, I wasn't really talking about the refines since every high lvl has crazy power gear. I was talking about the + speed on the armor without speed buffs. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited August 2010
    Its shiny, I can find you a screenie from someone in game...

If you could, that'd be great :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    If you could, that'd be great :D

Updated my post with link b:pleased
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for posting! looks pretty neat :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Demon fox form doesnt stack with archer buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Demon fox form doesnt stack with archer buff.

So b:surrender

And what does it mean you were a PWI Jester... I always wondered that
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You're basing your comments on the old version. We have yet to see how the new version of this plays out.

Please, at least give them a chance to run it once before letting the snarky comments fly. :-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Having a faster speed might not be a good thing inside the Ruins. There are mobs inside which will actually give you a speed boost, and if you are not careful, you will run right into the fire trap right after.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Having a faster speed might not be a good thing inside the Ruins. There are mobs inside which will actually give you a speed boost, and if you are not careful, you will run right into the fire trap right after.

Oh wow, that's just evil b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Maybe there will be bear traps to catch those nasty foxes and tigersb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Kuro_suiren - Sanctuary
    Kuro_suiren - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the jungle ruins isnt about speed anymore.. -.- u have 3 paths to choose from SPEED, CHANCE, and COLLECTION.. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=63591#more-63591
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's like on the Snake Race, having the fastest mounts doesn't mean you'll win. You also need some skill, luck with random buffs/debuffs, and so.

And here we have mobs that one-shot you. =o_O=
    [insert sig here]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the jungle ruins isnt about speed anymore.. -.- u have 3 paths to choose from SPEED, CHANCE, and COLLECTION.. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=63591#more-63591

It's true that speed doesn't matter when it comes to finishing the quest (except the speed path), but the higher your base running speed, the easier it is for you to get pass fast moving mobs/traps in the instance - with some skill and the right timing too. It adds to your chances of success in which ever path you choose. If you were a slow moving cleric trying to get to a door way with your holy path and speed pots in cool down, there's a chance you won't make it to your intended safe position in time to avoid wandering mobs. You would probably have to waste some time for your holy path to be usable again and re-time your run. This is likely not to be a problem for an untamed who can normally run at the speed a mount would run.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    The one I went into didn't have choices. All the npc offered was:
    -Quest for the race
    -Turn you to a frog for speed boost (cant use skills)
    -Give you mats for the quest
    -Go back to arch

No chance or collection **** anywhere.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    volst wrote: »
    The one I went into didn't have choices. All the npc offered was:
    -Quest for the race
    -Turn you to a frog for speed boost (cant use skills)
    -Give you mats for the quest
    -Go back to arch

No chance or collection **** anywhere.

This is what the news section said:
    3 Paths to Victory - Players will be able to compete in different ways: Speed, Collection, Chance.

Speed: Players who finish the quest the fastest will some great rewards.
    Collection Mode: Find and collect certain items within the Jungle Ruins to get a reward.
    Chance Mode: At the start of the quest, there will be 2 items for the player. When traveling through the Jungle Ruins, if the item you have corresponds with the correct area, you will get a reward.

So I suppose the "Give you mats for the quest" choice is for the chance mode, and "Quest for the race" is for the Speed mode.

By the way, are the new rewards worth getting or are they similar to the old version of the instance?
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is a fairly decent belt, but given the difficulty of the instance, I'm not sure the belt is worth it.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    To the MOD who's trying to do his/her job moving these threads regarding the Jungle Ruins about the forum, don't you think it should be in the "Dungeons & Tactics" section and not the "Quest" section? b:chuckle
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Speed is the main key to jungle ruins...once you've practiced the route anyway. The collection quest just gets you event gold as a reward, and the chance quest only applies once you've finished the run. With that chance quest it's a 50/50 chance to get 100 mirages and 100 socket stones, and that involves picking either a heaven or devil ring at the start. Theres also a secondary chance quest, in that midway through the run you can pick 1 of 8 jungle jades.
    If at the end of the run you have picked the correct ring, the correct jade, and finished in under 30 minutes, you can get a jungle ruins belt.
    If you picked the correct ring but not the correct jade you get 100 mirages and 100 socket stones.
    If you picked the correct jade but not the correct ring, you get 99 celestial insignias.
    And if you pick both right but don't finish in under 30mins, you can choose which reward you want out of mirages/sockets and insignias.
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI