WTB> System Blacklist Tool

Annalyse - Heavens Tear
Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Really, it was bad enough when the Duke came back shouting repeatedly about everyone getting their tokens of best luck. But now we have to listen to advertisements of how the Bidding Hall will open soon followed by its opening, and subsequent posts every few minutes of who is bidding what.

"System" messages should be limited to important, gameplay related announcements (such as, the game will be shut down in 15 minutes). Duke, Bidding Hall, marriage, events... these should have a separate category that we can turn on and off. Or just allow us to uncheck the "system" button in the game settings area and deal with missing the important ones too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
Post edited by Annalyse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wished for that thread for a while. Thank you. (even if it will be moved to suggestion section, where it will be less popular for a thread)

And so, you earn my vote. I am reduced to find refuge in whisper chat and clean the chat window each time an announcement is made.
    At least the cheesy, dull Nienbeast shouts are gone. It's some red spam less.

And yes, the game components you mentioned should be enabled for those who participate in it and made as an option for the others (an ON/OFF switch indeed).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i would pay up to five gold for a way to turn off system messages.

congratulations, PWE, instilling that sort of sentiment in your users says a lot about you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Really? I have no idea why it bugs you so much, I barely notice it.
    I read everything in my chat box, but I've trained my brain to ignore red. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wished for that thread for a while. Thank you. (even if it will be moved to suggestion section, where it will be less popular for a thread)

And so, you earn my vote. I am reduced to find refuge in whisper chat and clean the chat window each time an announcement is made.
    At least the cheesy, dull Nienbeast shouts are gone. It's some red spam less.

And yes, the game components you mentioned should be enabled for those who participate in it and made as an option for the others (an ON/OFF switch indeed).

e84ays.png

Just changed names b:sweat

Agree with OP, it'd be nice to be able to switch it off. I used to like seeing the system messages; to know the servers were going down, when the race was going to start, to laugh at the new day message even though you knew what it'd say for that day, to congratulate a veno on their herc/nix...
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Really? I have no idea why it bugs you so much, I barely notice it.
    I read everything in my chat box, but I've trained my brain to ignore red. :D

I've trained mine to ignore anything about tiger's, packs, or duke shouts.

The only thing it sees are marriages and wraith attacks >_>
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If they're trying to annoy us out of this game... they are certainly making a great job, i hate these changes
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)