So I finished celestial tiger event

Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
For all you west coast server people:

You start by talking to an NPC near the elder of the major towns. RT, Arch, ether, LC, and plume.

You kill mobs outside the city, there are no running quests.

After that there are 8 bosses, one demon one sage, outside of the major cities.

These thigns are NINJAS. We had 6 down after 20 minutes and spent half an hour looking for the last 2 on our server. They are in the vacinity of the cities but that is stretching it.

The hardest 2 are the last ones of ether and plume. The ninja for plume is on the west bank near the city, near the FB19. Not sure where the ether ninja is.

Enjoy.

Oh, and for the last boss, all you people that plan on squadding some 5 aps BM or whatever, forget it.

Contribution is not shared if you squad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    P.S. Rewards require you to pay coin along with reward shards, and they suck in general. Boxes are not stashable.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    P.S. Rewards require you to pay coin along with reward shards, and they suck in general. Boxes are not stashable.

Huh? What does that mean? You get something and you have to pay coins to open it?
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Oh, and for the last boss, all you people that plan on squadding some 5 aps BM or whatever, forget it.

Contribution is not shared if you squad.

Question!

Is it like Nien in the way each class has it's own ranking/reward list? Or a shared list like PQ? =O

Apologies if this was stated already...but haven't payed much attention, thinking it was gonna be a palette swapped Nien Quest. X_X
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    He means this. The celestial insignias/shards require you to pay a coin fee to redeem them for prizes from the mailbox. I only got 15 so far so I haven't been able to check but so far it doesn't seem to be as bad as chips where you can pay 11mil for a 4mil cape of tauran chieftain mold.

20100809222201.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    its class based
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • EverDoom - Harshlands
    EverDoom - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Question!

Is it like Nien in the way each class has it's own ranking/reward list? Or a shared list like PQ? =O

Apologies if this was stated already...but haven't payed much attention, thinking it was gonna be a palette swapped Nien Quest. X_X

yeap same list overall and each class list
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Question!

Yes it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Where did you guys get the insignia/shards?
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Awesome. Thank you kindly! b:thanks
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    When you finish you get 10 packs similar to the ones from NQ.

I got second in my class, most packs contained 5 mirages, one contained an orb of cultivation, another contained 5 hypers, and 3 packs gave me 5 celestial insignias. These insignias are tradeable.

Oh and you need 2667 to get a wings of cloudcharger, start saving up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010

These thigns are NINJAS. We had 6 down after 20 minutes and spent half an hour looking for the last 2 on our server. They are in the vacinity of the cities but that is stretching it.

The hardest 2 are the last ones of ether and plume. The ninja for plume is on the west bank near the city, near the FB19. Not sure where the ether ninja is.

The other ninja is arguably not even in Etherblade at all: it's in Timberfield. Like seriously, just tele to timberfield and head south.

Srsly.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Pointless to save for a cloudcharger this way.
    1- You don't know if it'll be 2, 3 or 4 sockets.
    2- It'll take 13.3 months if you get 50 each week
    3- At 50k each mat, it'll cost you 133m to buy
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Also, one benefit of this event compared to the nien event:

The mob round is LONG. 5000 mobs need to die and you'll probably earn way more contri killing mobs than you will killing the bosses. This prevents people from partying a -interval player to boost their score, since now they can't just go AFK on a single target for ten minutes and rack up points: everyone's gotta keep moving and keep hunting mobs.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Demoneyesjoe - Lost City
    Demoneyesjoe - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    when does this event start? and what are the locations of the NPC's, i was in frsot for some of the day, so, idk if i missed it or not, plzzz give me some info on how this thing starts
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    when does this event start? and what are the locations of the NPC's, i was in frsot for some of the day, so, idk if i missed it or not, plzzz give me some info on how this thing starts

You just wait by the elder of archosaur or one of the four race cities. An NPC will spawn and you talk to it to pick up two quests.

Afterwards, just kill mobs. This event is different in the sense that you can't really get a ton of contri by questing, so just kill as much as you can.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cupcake - Raging Tide
    Cupcake - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You get the insignias/shards from opening your reward packs.
    I got 2nd of venos and from my 10 packs I got:
    5 mirages
    1 ecstasy card
    25 celestial insignias (5 x 5 packs)
    1 tiger vendor shop ticket
    1 Demon/Sage Event Card
    2 x10 box of Mysterious Chips

I'm still trying to figure out what the D/S Event Card is... You can exchange it as a Quest at the Boutique Agent for 50 event gold, but umm, I did that.. and I can't figure out where the event gold is... >_>

Some get those Celestial Shards, 5 hyper stones...

The insignias and shards can be exchanged for 2 different fashion sets (1 sage version, 1 demon version), 2 different tiger mount (1 sage, 1 demon), 2 different all class tiger pets (1 sage, 1 demon... very cute though :3), hyper stones... and other various smaller items. But, as mentioned above, it's much like the chip trade at the Mysterious Merchant... have a set number of chips + pay a fee. 17 insignias + 250k for the all class pet. And, I suppose the ultimate prize is Wings of Cloudcharger... for 2667 isignias and ??? fee.

As NR said, the reward packs can't be account stashed (QQ), do give a small exp reward upon opening... The Celestial Insignias can be traded sooo, you can sell those to the impatient. ;)

And, as Rawrgh said, those last 2 are freaking ninjas. x_x Etherblade demon boss is SW of Timberfield - just follow the path. Was pretty funny though, trying to figure out locations. Faction chat was.... eventful, to say the least. GL. :D

If anyone finds something out about that Event Card, lemme know please. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:shocked
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You get the insignias/shards from opening your reward packs.
    I got 2nd of venos and from my 10 packs I got:
    5 mirages
    1 ecstasy card
    25 celestial insignias (5 x 5 packs)
    1 tiger vendor shop ticket
    1 Demon/Sage Event Card
    2 x10 box of Mysterious Chips

I'm still trying to figure out what the D/S Event Card is... You can exchange it as a Quest at the Boutique Agent for 50 event gold, but umm, I did that.. and I can't figure out where the event gold is... >_>

Some get those Celestial Shards, 5 hyper stones...

The insignias and shards can be exchanged for 2 different fashion sets (1 sage version, 1 demon version), 2 different tiger mount (1 sage, 1 demon), 2 different all class tiger pets (1 sage, 1 demon... very cute though :3), hyper stones... and other various smaller items. But, as mentioned above, it's much like the chip trade at the Mysterious Merchant... have a set number of chips + pay a fee. 17 insignias + 250k for the all class pet. And, I suppose the ultimate prize is Wings of Cloudcharger... for 2667 isignias and ??? fee.

As NR said, the reward packs can't be account stashed (QQ), do give a small exp reward upon opening... The Celestial Insignias can be traded sooo, you can sell those to the impatient. ;)

And, as Rawrgh said, those last 2 are freaking ninjas. x_x Etherblade demon boss is SW of Timberfield - just follow the path. Was pretty funny though, trying to figure out locations. Faction chat was.... eventful, to say the least. GL. :D

For the event gold - go to the boutique and click the middle button of the 3 in the top right corner. See if it's there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Also, it should be noted that this is where the event credits come from for the Event Boutique. A friend of mine was 7th for psychics and got 100 of them from the boxes at the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elvindor - Heavens Tear
    Elvindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The Event Gold is usable just like botique gold. Up in the right hand corner of the botique there are 3 little clickable symbols:

1) Normal Botique (looks like a bag)
    2)Event Botique (Looks like a gem)
    3)Bidding hall (looks like a hammer)

From what i understand, click the one that looks like a gem, and there will be your event gold, and you can buy anything as long as you have enough event gold.

Where exactly are the mobs that spawn also? All around the outskirts of the city? Orr..
  • Cupcake - Raging Tide
    Cupcake - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I found it. :D
    Thank you Dyskrasia and Elvindor. b:thanks

And to answer your question:
    I went to Raging Tides to kill mobs and they were pretty much everywhere. o.o Just head out the south gate. There's 5 different types of mobs you can kill w/ varying amounts of health and contribution (Alpha, Beta,.. etc.), Alpha being the hardest. Plume, just head out past the 2 bridges. Ether... south of the city, and I think up SW of Timberfield there were some too. Didn't get to see Arch or Lost mobs as those bosses were dead by the time RT's were, but I think it's the same location as the NQ mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:shocked
  • Elvindor - Heavens Tear
    Elvindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cool, thanks a ton....hoping reading these "guides" will help me place pretty well...

Keep the stuffs coming :)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sounds pretty fun. Doubt I can ever make the times though :[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Looks like they finally seem to be getting this PQ system right.

+1 to them for making this event worth it without overdoing it and keeping it from having a ton of glaringly obvious faults.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm happy with the fixes to contribution and quests they have made.

But I have one quirk...

The collect-able herbs.

They spawn in small bunches and only one at a time, this is allowing some people to easily camp the herbs and haul in some contribution. (Second part herbs give you 120 contribution each. And they're in the safe zone so it's not like you can even pk people for them. And with no pressing timers these "farmers" can just stand there and get herb after herb.

Please either make multiples spawn at one time or spread them out more b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So you can't put boxes into account stash? Thats ****ing ****, I got a sin from 1-82 in 1 sitting. Between this event orb of cultivation (from BH) and the event box's (like 20k xp a open.)

Nien was the ****, this event blows ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So you can't put boxes into account stash? Thats ****ing ****, I got a sin from 1-82 in 1 sitting. Between this event orb of cultivation (from BH) and the event box's (like 20k xp a open.)

That's a lot of spirit cult quests to catch up on. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    e84ays.png

Is this really necessary
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sanctuarry was a KS fest the whole time. Was hard to get 400 contrib, let alone 2k needed to get anything. bigest waist of 30 minutes ever. only 15 wiz got anything.
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010

The fact that Nien event allowed you to do that.... is not exactly a good thing.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ew I don't like how much higher random cont is. Everyone in the top 5 got 1.9k but me QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc